All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Awesome vibe
    Good internet service
    Room is all right
    Uncomfortable
"Luggage was stolen while car was in valet!"
Originally, I had a wonderful experience at the hotel. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, but when I left I realized that my luggage had been stolen out of my car. My car was not broken into, it had been removed with the key while it was in valet. Nothing was visible in my car it was safely packed in the trunk. The hotel was apologetic but said they go through a third party company and I would need to talk to them, Ace Parking. Ace was quick to say that there are a lot of problems with this parking garage and they understand how this could happen. However, they would prefer I use my own insurance so they don't have to put it through their insurance. This is going to increase my premium, but they still don't care. They have insurance for this exact issue, and admit that the garage is unsafe, but they are doing nothing. I was really pleased with this hotel at first, but after what happened, and their non-response, I simply cannot refer anyone here. In fact I will do everything I can to keep people from going here so they don't go through the same thing that happened to me. I will also never park in another Ace Parking garage again. Very disappointed with managements response to this issue.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Had I known, I'd have gone elsewhere."
From the valet to checkout, the staff were great! The room was mostly clean - some dusting needed. Nicely appointed. The bathroom ceiling had a large amount of pink mold growing, which makes sense - there wasn't a fan to deal with condensation. The grout was a bit dirty in the bathroom as well. On demand didn't work all of the time and the movie prices were far higher than they should have been; 16.99 on average for several movies that were only 5.99 on my home cable. The food from the restaraunt was too fancy, high priced and didn't appeal to all pallets. Valet pricing was also a bit too high, 30/day just to park it in the lot across the street. Scary neighborhood, quite a few transients. All and all, not too bad - but when all is said and done, close to 2000 for 4 days is a bit over the top - it's Portland, not Hollywood.
3 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Jan
A surprisingly pleasant stay, loved our time there
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Never Again at the Hotel Deluxe"
I would not stay here again. The room was very overpriced. It was so small that I had to squeeze to get around the foot of it as there was only a couple of feet space between the end of the bed and the chest of drawers. There was only one chair to sit in so we could not have any visitors. No free breakfast or afternoon snacks. The bar was so dark that it was very hard to read the menu. And parking was very expensive. Not a good deal.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Fix the breakfast, coffee."
Most everything was fine except the coffee in the room and the dining room was awful, undrinkable. Breakfast: eggs were rubbery and very unappetizing. Orange juice and bacon were very good.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Highly recommend!"
Quiet, immaculate, exceptional service, right on light rail.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
A beautiful hotel with great staff in an excellent location. Highly recommend.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
M
"Great Location!"
We loved the location and its close proximity to a variety of restaurants and bars. The hotel was very pretty, but the room itself was tiny. That was disappointing. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Jenni
The staff made the stay great!!! They were very helpful down to the smallest detail and need.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Evelyn made our stay great"
Very good very nice help great food great drinks room small and needed new carpet
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
maxine
"Don't trust the pictures."
I was very excited about staying in this hotel. However, when I finally got there, it was a little disappointing only because the hotel is not as good as what the promoting pictures have shown. Considering the rate of each night, the room is small not to mention our room was actually upgraded from a queen bed to a king. Hotel service is good. Staff are friendly.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Yi
"room review"
The room was a little small for the king bed no the furniture that was in there. So, it was a bit hard to get around especially since we booked it for our wedding night!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
nelli
"Retro Hollywood Comfort"
Very pleasant, efficient, helpful, professional staff that went the extra mile. Everything you could want from a hotel with informed nice people at every turn. Room was comfortable and had nice echoes of 30's style. Loved the walls and lobby.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Maerian
"Great hotel!"
It was a beautifully decorated hotel. Loved the ambience, staff was helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable when asked about the area. Food and drink were excellent. My only concern would be with the parking structure...just outside it's entrance there was a feces covered pullover that remained for 2 full days. It was quite disturbing.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
nicole
"Dissatisfied"
Over rated and over priced hotel. Additional cost for parking across the street. No screens on the upper floor windows. Not family friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"nice Hotel to stay"
Love this hotel , I am traveling a lot and for the price and quality this was the best so far, free Parking
Other trip May 18, 2015
conna
"Elegant hotel in a nice quiet street."
The employees were very nice, the room was super comfortable and well cared for, and the lobby was very pretty. Location is great - just a few blocks for the excitement of downtown.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Happy guest
"Beautiful place. Great location"
Key cards did not work so hotel upgraded us to a king suite. Staff was amazing and location was perfect.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Charming hotel, great location"
Small, charming rooms. I was really impressed by the staff - well trained. The beds were comfortable. The location was perfect. Walk downtown. Easy access to freeways.
Other trip May 11, 2015
DMFT
"Hotel deluxe"
The staff is very friendly. The room is well appointed and the bed is comfortable, but the downside is basic room is small and there isn't great noise insulation.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Only stayed one day - it was a fill-in for an overbooked conference hotel, but I enjoyed it and would have preferred, in retrospect to stay both days there. It's a few blocks off the main restaurant/bar/shops area, but close enough to walk (I never took a cab).
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Nice choice in Portland"
Some bumps at the outset but the staff worked hard to fix it and did. The restaurant is good. The location is good. The hotel is a bit older and needs more amenities for exercise/spa type activities but most hotels need such an upgrade.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Unique hotel with great service!"
They directed me to the best restaurants, and the rooms were super unique, I liked it because it didn't feel like the typical hotel room or the typical hotel. it felt like home. everyone was SO nice and accommodating
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Abbey
"We enjoyed our stay at the hotel"
Hotel is very nice and clean. I enjoyed the pictures of celebrities decorated in the walls of the hotel. Peoples are very accomodating and the service was excellent.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
I try to stay at the Hotel Deluxe whenever I visit Portland. The staff is consistently friendly and I love both Gracie's and the Driftwood. I was pleasantly surprised that I received an upper floor, corner suite. The hotel was quite and comfortable as always and is centrally located within a ten to fifteen minute walk of wherever I needed to be.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Dennis J
"Hotel DeLuxe"
This was a lovely hotel and great staff. Glory was very pleasant and helpful at check-in and through out my stay. The hotel has a great historic charm.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great stay again!!"
We stayed here back in 2008 and had a wonderful visit. We returned to meet up with friends and fortunately our return trip/stay was just as nice. Very clean, updated even though in a historic building (Portland chic) and comfortable. The mattress and pillows were just as comfy if not slightly more so than mine at home. Our room was quiet...the hotel is within walking distance of most things you may want to do downtown. Great lobby to hang and talk with friends with a drink. We didn't eat at the hotel but heard the food was very good. Will stay again someday.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Nice hotel in great location for walking W PDX."
We were welcomed by a friendly staff. They told us everything about the city, good dining spots and how to move around using public transportation. The happy hours are the best at The Driftwood and the overall hotel decor is really nice. Great location to walk all over west Portland. Public transportation is excellent.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
MJ
"A diamond!"
Hotel was a pleasant surprise. Room was great for an older hotel & had all the amenities. They provide valet parking at a great price (for the city)& the nightly room rate was really reasonable compared to other hotels just a couple of blocks away. It had an old Hollywood theme which was fun. The driftwood room bar was really great and had wonderful ambiance. It got crowded on Friday night & there was no room in the bar, but the hotel serves drinks and apps in the beautiful lobby. The rest of the week we didn't have a problem getting in. Hotel is just a few blocks from center of town and was a quick,easy and fun walk. We would stay here again, for sure!
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Jill
"Wonderful experience!"
Everything was perfect. The decor, the staff, the food... all delightful. Our room was gorgeous. The color scheme is sublime. We were super comfortable. And the location cannot be beat.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Meh"
Well located within easy walking distance of everything you'll need to enjoy Portland, including the light rail stops. Clean but small room and teeny-tiny the bathroom! It is an old hotels, so perhaps I should have assumed it. There was only a single chair in the room; the only other place to sit was on the bed. Found no hotel sundries/gift shop on premises. Aside from decor and theme, there were not many amenities. Restaurant/bar were nice; food was good but the service in the bar was poor. Despite its small size and plenty of wait staff, the bar couldn't get it together on the 3 separate occasions we tried it. The only time our food arrived somewhat warm was the breakfast we had in the bar - we were the only people in there as overflow from the restaurant. The plates served on the other nights arrived cold and each was spaced about a half hour apart. We mentioned our wait to the several wait staff who checked in with us, but no one was going to bother to go check with the kitchen!We were not the only patrons commenting about our observations.They also seemed genuinely awkward dealing with people or making conversation and no one ever apologized for the late food arrival. I think their bar staff need some serious customer service training. The stay was nice but these glaring issues mean that the next time we visit Portland, it will probably be at another hotel.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Denise
"Convenient for Business"
This was great for a quick business trip. Staff was nice and the hotel was clean
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great hotel for business"
This hotel was really great. Great shopping, close to wonderful restaurants and friendly. The staff was helpful and clean.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Room was quite small but comfortable and well designed. Would consider staying here again. Front desk staff very professional.....offered a NY Times to me each morning delivered to the room.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Erik
"Beautiful, but noisy"
Hotel is beautiful with wonderful people working there. The walls are unfortunately very thin so be prepared if you stay inside for any of the daytime. But the location is very good and was to get to the train. Gorgeous building and room style was awesome.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Chelsea
"Wat to small"
Room was so small. Could hardly unpack the suitcase. Small is fine but this was ridiculous.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL"
great HOTEL CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN SHOPS.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
wayne
"The room is small. even in asian standard."
The hotel is elegant, but the room is really tiny(less than 200 square feet i think). We stay in a king bed room but it barely have any space to walk around the bed. For the size wise, I don't think its a 4 star, and not even what you expect in america. I am from ASIA, we are used to have small hotel rooms, but this is really tiny even for an asian standard. They should at least state the room size!!!
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
GONGSHINN
"Wonderful 1940's/1950's theme."
Very comfortable with a wonderful hotel staff. Highly recommend it. The only negative is it's not in city center. But, makes up for it as you can take Max Train to/from airport.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Parent
"Great base for downtown"
Great location, great service. Very friendly and helpful front desk. We were given a choice between a room with a view and one that was larger. Went with the view, but would have gone with the larger if we stayed more than one night. Hotel bar is also great and has two happy hours with good food.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
Staff members are friendly and professional. My main complain is the size of the room. I felt like I was back in London. And there's a construction going on across the street and noise level was unbearable.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Small little room, otherwise 5 star"
This was second time I have stayed at this fine hotel. The first trip I had the upgraded king bed room, and it was very, very nice. This trip I had the standard king room,big mistake, and it had to be the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Motel 6 rooms were bigger than this. For as much as this hotel charges, you think they could do away with the Munchkin king rooms. Don't get me room, I certainly say to stay here, just upgrade your room for a few dollars more. You will not be disappointed.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Jack
"Revamped Older Hotel"
Stayed here for business. Staff was friendly, room was clean. Older hotel that has been spruced up. West of downtown, no real options for venturing out to dinner. Restaurant in hotel was okay.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Enjoyed our stay very much. The staff were exceptionally nice and friendly, and treated our little dog wonderfully. Within walking distance of most of what you'll want to visit in downtown Portland.
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Rebecca
"last minute nugget"
I was "forced" to stay here due to some issues with friends in town. Had stayed here years ago when it was the Mallory and I am happy to say that I think it was nicer on my recent trip! The bar and restaurant are both awesome and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel!!!
Response by Hotel deLuxe
We should thank your friend who "forced" you here, because it was certainly our pleasure to have you back! We love returning Mallory guests as it gives us a chance to prove that the reputation of that fine hotel has not been lost. We appreciate your recommendation and hopefully we can see you again (on your own volition, of course!)
3 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"Wedding Plus Hotel!"
We attended a family wedding reception at the Hotel Deluxe. There was a mistake with our reservations. The staff was so gracious to remedy the problem. We danced until our feet almost feel off and then waltzed off to bed! Thank you so much!
Response by Hotel deLuxe
While I'm certainly sorry your reservations were a little off, I'm so glad we could correct the issue and help you have a wonderful stay. Weddings at the deLuxe are magical indeed!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Joyce
"Great hotel, Great location!"
Great hotel in a great location! Rooms were small but I think every boutique hotel in Portland in that area are pretty small
Response by Hotel deLuxe
Thanks for your kind review! I hope we can see you again for another great stay!
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel, Friendly & Helpful Staff"
Beautiful hotel & rooms. Rooms are small, but I don't mind that especially given it was perfectly clean & decorated and had a really comfy bed. Staff was extremely friendly & gave great dining recommendations.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Ellen
"Beautiful hotel with great wall ability to Pearl"
Beautiful hotel with great wall ability to Pearl District.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
The hotel staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean and reasonable comfortable, just a little small.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014