All hotels in Downers Grove, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3010 Finley Rd, Downers Grove, IL, 60515, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Right stay for my intent"
Just enough on amount you pay.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
batang cebu
"Clean, convenient and economical business accomoda"
Bed was clean and comfortable. Wi-fi, breakfast and free parking were included. As with most business trips, I was in the room for less than eight hours. Comfort Inn - Downers Grove met all my needs.
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Hotel renovation"
They were using chemical removers and stain kills that caused an odor that was very offensive. The staff stated they could not smell the odors, so we just opened our window to create a cross breeze.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Jocko
Good, comfortable
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Very helpfull staff!"
The young lady that checked me in had a line formed but handled it very well! She greeted everyone and was very pleasant and efficient. She is a first impression of a Hotel and she does a great job for you.
Other trip May 19, 2014
J
"Perfect location."
After reading reviews was hesitant about staying. But staff was great, the room was clean, big and comfortable. My only complaint would be that the bathrooms are for short people, with the low toilet and shower head.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
frequent travel
The hotel is just OK. It needs several upgrades. My overall impression was that its showing its age. The carpet needs to be replaces, it just looked unclean therefore I felt it reflected on everything else.
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
"My Stay"
A very clean, comfortable room in a great location near restaurants and shopping. The employees were courteous and helpful. I will most likely return to this motel in the future.
3 night trip Jan 29, 2014
Donald
"Great Location!"
Great location for a budget hotel. The right place for our intended stay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Edwin
It was a good choice.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Comfort Inn
"Marginal..."
Ended up in a room w/o a fridge. Was NOT informed that one can request a room w/a fridge until after I checked out. The heater in the room was not very efficient and quite noisy at startup and shutdown. No table lamp on the writing desk. It had recently snowed and the parking lot was not plowed too well. Instead of mats on the entry floors, just "Wet Floor" signs...Kind of hazardous given the wet conditions outside.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Acceptable"
For the price point, acceptable. Convenient location to where I needed to go. The commons area smelled a bit "weird". Looked quite "dated". Room was reasonably clean, though I don't think I wanted the "Gummy Bear" left behind on the floor!
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Nice motel, close to the family."
We are from Rochester Indiana, and my daughter and husband and 3 grown children wanted to renew their wedding vows and the arbotrium (misspelled) on Sunday and my husbands sister and husband live on Hackberry St off of Butterfield so we needed a motel close by. This was a very nice stay for us.. We enjoyed going to Brookfield Zoo on Sat. Its always fun to come to Chicago espically for a 25th anniversary at a beautiful place.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Becky
Wall papers are falling off and Wi-Fi service is very poor.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Shibu Kurian
The hotel was easy to find, right off of the freeway. It was near a bunch of shopping and eating locations, so that was nice (although we did not take advantage of that.) Service was professional and quick when checking in and out. You can tell the hotel is a bit old, but it is certainly clean. The beds were pretty firm and "bouncy"...not the most comfortable I've slept in. The shower was awesome! Plenty of water pressure. I would have liked to have a screen on the window to let in the cool fall air, but we had to settle with the A/C, which worked great. Overall, a good stay at a good value.
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2013
"Comfortable room"
Stayed one night only and it was fine. Solo traveler driving cross country. Bed was comfortable enough, room was clean.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Being remodeled 2013-9"
I spend too many nights in hotels and I'm getting pickier. The bed was great, though I like to turn the air down and have a blanket. There was only a light cover; not the end of the world. Shower has new faux marble liner. I just don't like hotels that are under construction, hall carpet was full of insulation, outlets are old and wall light switches dirty. It will be nice when they get it done.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Barry
"Construction"
Hotel is under Construction. Had to change rooms, because of the construction dust everywhere... Not a pleasant stay. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for".
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
"Not a good stay"
I have forgot some items in hotel and called immediately as soon as left hotel. Had tough time in reaching out hotel staff, finally i could not get my stuff back.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Squishy pillows"
Everything about our stay was satisfactory with the exception of the comfort of the room. The pillows were entirely too soft. Also, the room was either too hot (when the a/c wasn't running) or too cold (when the a/c WAS running). Hard to get comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2013
Carrie
Good for the money I paid. The best of the Cofort Inns I have stayed so far.Very clean rooms.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Very dirty hotel"
This is a very dirty hotel. The room smelled like mildew, mine was by the dumpster so that I couldn't open the window due to the sound of trash being emptied. The carpet was filthy especially in the corners, the blanket on the bed was thin and grungy.. the worst part was that I looked behind the bed and saw ancient cigarette butts that were hardened and yellow. The mattress was pretty thin and not very comfortable. Really, really gross.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Erik
"Nice hotel reasonable rates"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Served my purpose which was a short overnight staff very well but offered many amenities to make a longer stay enjoyable as well.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Very pleased"
The staff was very helpful when asked about restaurants around town.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"TERRIBLE!"
I stay in Chicago a couple times a month and this was the worse weekend I've had in a long, long time! Checked in Friday evening, front lobby was dirty, trash cans running over, trash by front door. Checked in went to room, stunk so bad had to get air freshener and candles to get the bad smell out if the room. I called the front desk & asked for and extra blanket & some more towels, the girl at the front desk said we have no more blankets & if you want more towels you have to come get them. Elevator dirty, carpets in hallway & room were dirty. Saturday morning got up, towels laying by all the doors in the hallways, smashed food in carpet in hallway. We left for the day and came back about 5:00 that evening and our room was still not cleaned. I went to front desk to ask why it wasn't cleaned yet. He called to have it cleaned so we sat out by the pool to wait. When we went back up the sheets had not been changed just bed made, floors not vacuumed, trash not dumped and stuff from breakfast was still left on the table. Friday night kids were running up & down the hallway screaming until 1:30 AM & front desk did nothing about it. Worse stay I ever had. I will never stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Nice room, slept well in King size bed."
We were really tired when we arrived at the hotel;;it was good to have everything arranged instead of trying to find a place to stay. the hotel met all our expectations.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Darlene
"Easy access for 1 night stay"
Our stay was exactly what we had hoped for during our visit to Downers Grove area. Location and cleanliness was on top of our list and met our expectations. Thank you!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
The overall stay at the hotel was good. They had construction going on. Elevators also shut down quite a few times. Pool was decent. Good area for shopping.
5 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"I only stayed for one day and was kind of disappo"
I stayed for one day and was disappointed that the pool wasn't open on Sunday before I checked out at 11:00. The rooms were clean but the hallways could of used some cleaning. I expected the rooms to be bigger. Love the area of the hotel with all the restaurants close by.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Under construction"
We arrived to find the hotel under renovation, surrounded by chain link fence, construction dust everywhere. Hotel is in need of renovation (tears in wallpaper, bedskirt, etc) but should have been closed during the renovation or should have notified Hotels.com so that they could notify perspective guests. We appreciate that the hotel management accepted our need to cancel our second night. When the renovation is finished it will be nice. The morning complimentary continental breakfast was very nice.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Very poorly maintained hotel"
Front desk not helpful and we got locked out of our room
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
candace
Hotel was under construction in the main traffic areas. Pungent room odor was weird.
2 night trip May 22, 2013
Ray
"NEVER AGAIN!"
I wanted sleep. Apparently that's not an option at this hotel. Staff kept harassing me with phone calls and knocks on the door (NO I DON'T WANT ROOM SERVICE! THAT'S WHAT DO NOT DISTURB MEANS!) I finally checked out early and went to a different hotel.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2013
CA Mike
"Comfortable but could have been cleaner."
Halls and elevator were not clean around the edges. The breakfast area had very, very few tables that had been cleaned after use.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
Ray
"2 nights"
I stayed two nights with my girlfriend, and this hotel satisfied both of us. Aside from the fact that maintenance/construction was going on, and it was pretty loud around 9 am -- the stay was very comfortable. I requested a move to a different hallway, and it was no problem. My new room (#304) was quiet as could be and far from the construction. The wireless connection was solid MOST of the time... overall I was happy with it. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the curtains covered the windows completely. What more could you ask for? This hotel is located immediately off the interstate/highway, and it is within a few miles of a ton of restaurants. It was only a 15 minute drive to Brookfield Zoo.
2 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2013
Cody
".."
Thank You the hotel was clean and nice and close to the college.
Other trip Jan 25, 2013
"Fine for a short visit."
For what we needed, the Comfort Inn was perfect. We were there for a short visit with family and just needed a place to stay while we were there. Except for the breakfast buffet in the morning, we did not use any of the services available.
Other trip Jan 24, 2013
Les
We loved our stay in your hotel.
4 night trip Dec 23, 2012
M Mahoney
I wanted this hotel (Comfort Inn Downers Grove)because it was a cozy spot right next door and sharing a parking lot with Chama Gaucha. We were celebrating our anniversary. The hotel was clean, with friendly staff, breakfast and wi-fi. Niiiiiice!!!!!
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
Lynda
"It's My Go-To"
I have to stay in that area often for work and I stay at this same place every time. Great people at front desk. Not the cleanest hotel, but you get what you pay for. 100% worth every penny. Great simple morning breakfast as well. I probably stay there 1-2 per month.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2012
"Great service"
The young man who greeted us was cordial and very helpful. We will stay there again when we're in the area
2 night trip Nov 14, 2012
"Enjoyed my stay"
The hotel staff was polite and helpful during check in. They kindly helped me get directions to a nearby pharmacy. The room decor was pleasant, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was stocked with all supplies and working hair dryer. The price was reasonable. I only had 2 concerns. #1 When we first went into the room it had a stale smell but after we left for dinner and came back it was fine. #2 From the direction we came from you had to pass by and go down and make a U-turn to get to it. Overall it was a nice stay.
Business trip Oct 8, 2012
Illinois traveling family
"Decent hotel"
Hotel was clean, just old and outdated. Tub/Shower was not dirty, but it was stained. Hotel was comfortable overall. Continental breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
EsJay
"Clean comfortable hotel"
The numerous tolls roads and highways with traffic patterns made this motel a little difficult to find for those who are from the western area states. Thank goodness for our GPS system. Once with we arrived, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast options were more limited than at many of the other motels at which we stayed, but nonetheless adequate. The night staff while polite were limited in their helpfulness, perhaps because one person was a trainee and the other person was occupied with an apparently difficulty client. Purchasing an I Pass before you get to Illinois is highly recommended, particularly if you are traveling in other Northeastern states. The I Pass/EZ Pass can be purchased on-line through any of the individual state toll authorities. If you purchase an I Pass in Chicago, be advised while unless purchase at a toll authority cite, it takes 24 hours to active. Even if you purchase at the toll authority, it takes 24-48 hours to activate in the states outside of Illinois.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Nice overnight location"
Needed a place to stay for the Ryder Cup at nearby Medinah and this was perfect. Nothing fancy. Clean rooms, friendly front desk. Would stay there again for another event in proximity. There is a mall and several restaraunts close by. There appeared to be businesses with several office complexes near by. Seemed to be a "safe" area.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
Rob
"Dirty linens"
The sheets on the bed were dirty! The wall was caving in and bowed. Bathroom dirty, just a terrible place!
Other trip Sep 30, 2012
"Located near destination and attractions"
It was very relaxing and enjoyable. I also liked the price which included breakfast.
Business trip Sep 5, 2012
"Very Good Front Desk service"
This one is really good and will use it again
Other trip Aug 31, 2012
The room was kept very clean. In the four days we were there I don't think the hall ways were vaccumned!! That is the only complaint.
Family trip Aug 13, 2012
Very nice room. A little small, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good & had good variety of hot & cold options.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012