All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"College Tours"
Loved every single part of your stay. You know you are in a great spot when employees have worked there for 35+ years!!!
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Anne
"My favorite Hotel"
I love staying at the Benson and try to whenever I'm in Portland. However on certain dates the room rates take a mighty jump to amounts I simply can't manage to pay on my retirement salary.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Barbara Brock
"Great Place to Stay!"
We were only in Portland for one day, but The Benson was a great place to stay. The lobby is absolutely beautiful, with wood trim, crystal chandeliers, beautiful furniture and windows, and a fireplace. Our room was large with two windows looking out on the city, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was within walking distance of many of the places we wanted to visit. All of this luxury for a very reasonable rate.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay"
The Benson is a beautiful hotel with exceptional service. Beds are extremely comfortable, room is very spacious. Room service was prompt and friendly. Walking distance to ,many restaurants, brew pubs and coffee shops. Highly recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Always excellent"
I stay in Portland frequently. the Benson is a world class hotel. They allow dogs. They have frequent wine tasting events. It is a beautiful place. (I would give the downtown location five stars, but my car was robbed with the window smashed when I parked across the street from the hotel.)
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Was great! Thanks
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Exceeded our expectations"
Loved the hotel and the people who work there. When we checked in, they said, since it is your birthday, we have upgraded you to a suite. Tom & Michael sent delicious brownies to our room and gave us two passes to the Chinese Gardens. John was a delight in the Palm Court, smiling, happy and enjoyable.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Roger
"Old, Grand, and Tired"
We stayed in a deluxe king room. The bed was great, but the room was dark and the paint and wallpaper needed to be re-done. The bathroom was very small and awkward. All in all, the room was not nearly as grand as the public spaces in the lobby area. Great location and the price was fair for downtown, but not what we were expecting based on the reviews. We can't help but wonder if we could have done better for roughly the same cost at a different downtown hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"A great Hotel in Downtown Portland"
We had a great time. The hotel is great. In Downtown Portland with shopping, food and local attractions in the area all within an easy walk.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Happy"
Had a great time. The hotel staff was incredible. The gentleman at the desk gave my granddaughter a bear and a fish for the night. The special touch made our stay pleasant
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
david
"Good staff. Great suite. Lovely structure."
Super comfy bed.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Rene
"Highly Recommend"
My husband and I just went for an over night getaway and it was great! The most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. It was a great hotel, service was great, close to everything down town and The Pearl district. The only complaint would have been our service in the restaurant. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time and he was very slow and just overall seemed disinterested in his job let alone taking care of us. But for me that was a reflection of him not The Benson. Other than that we loved our stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Dana-jean
"good deal"
location and rooms made my very happy.
4 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
RAAFAT
"Benson"
Awesome upgrade to the penthouse suite, what a beautiful getaway. Perfect service by all the staff.
2 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Room wasn't as fancy as the site makes it seem. But bed was comfortable.
4 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Lovely Stay! - Just please get new towels"
This hotel was quite lovely and the service wonderful. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is that one of my towels had holes and the others weren't on par with the quality of the rest of the hotel either. The toilet lid and sink were both cracked too which isn't a big deal, but does impact one's initial impression. I'd still absolutely come back though, especially for the beds - so comfy!
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"Location is great."
Outstanding and friendly employees. Good food, very nice room, lovely lobby seating and a wonderful walking neighborhood.
5 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Birthday business"
I love the Benson Hotel, and choose to stay here every time I'm in town for business. This trip coincided with my birthday, so I called the manager, mentioned it was a special trip, and asked if a corner of the beautiful lobby bar could be reserved for a gathering of friends. Bar and bar service did not disappoint. However, after 4 years of staying there, I had the pokiest room I've ever been given! It had the King bed I requested, but there was no room left to swing a cat!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Devki
"Downtown Portland Stay"
We loved your hotel, but on the second night was very noisy outside. We asked to be up high and the garbage trucks or construction was loud all night long. We like to keep window open for fresh air, but had to close. Location was close to great restaurants and shops. I would stay there again and already recommended it to family who are staying there this month. The price for a four star was excellent. Thank you
3 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Sylvia
"Very Nice !"
The Benson was a referral from a good friend and certainly lived up to our expectations and then some .
4 night family trip Jan 28, 2015
JamesC
"Wonderful service!"
Our stay was for work but we also stayed an extra day for fun. The staff was delightful and everyone was kind. We had an 8 month old baby and when I asked Stephanie if she could find a quiet room, she was pleasantly accommodating. There are those who are not kind to couples with small children but our experience was great. Thank you.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Fantastic vintage hotel"
The Benson Hotel was located within walking distance of everything we had planned on seeing. The staff was courteous and friendly, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Despite being located near several main thoroughfares, it was nice and quiet. I plan on reserving a room there again.
3 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice little room"
Hotel was nice and perfectly located in downtown. Rooms are a little small but the main disappointment was the shower. There is hardly any water pressure and the luxury shower head installed couldn't perform as built because of the lack in pressure.
"Dated hotel"
Decent hotel by Portland standards but not a 4 star hotel in any major city. Hotel and rooms/hallways were very dated and there was an old musty feel to the rooms, probably due to the furniture and the fact that Portland is usually cloudy. Bathrooms were tiny and not renovated. The bed was very comfortable though. Unless this hotel gets a major renovation, I probably would not stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
MICHAEL
"Met Expectations"
Gorgeous lobby, nice hallways, comfortable and surprisingly large rooms for the age of the hotel; rooms show their age but in a nice way. Lobby bar was jumping. Beds comfy. A generally pleasant stay. Only quibble is maid service cleaned up the room significantly after five in the evening. Still, a very nice place to stay.
"The Benson Rocks"
The Benson never lets you down.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"historic hotel great location, poor service"
A beautiful hotel in downtown Portland. Great location in walking distance to powell's, great food coffee and the max train. Rooms are clean and the pillows and beds are comfortable as long as you like very firm mattresses. Free wifi bit no other frills. There is no parking at the hotel and you would think the staff would be more knowledgeable and helpful in this area. I ended up walking around the block a few times to read the parking rates if the various lots. The US bank had pretty good rates for overnight parking.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Joel
"On 2nd thought. No."
The Benson Hotel was gorgeous. From the curb to the bedside. Absolutely gorgeous. The bed, on the other hand, was quite possibly the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have had the displeasure of experiencing. My husband sleeps a bit softer, I sleep a bit firmer. I think the bedbug cover may have been the only cushion on the entire furniture. We were both absolutely miserable. It was the defining reason we did not stay for the 2nd night of our reservation. We made it all the way until 10pm and packed up and went home. (We're from the valley and were celebrating an anniversary) The other deciding factor for us was the unbelievably thin walls. We were awakened, on Saturday morning, by a security guard asking someone "Why are you in this hallway...naked?" The conversation might have been amusing but it was also frightening. We were settling in for the evening, Saturday night, hearing the bridal party across the hall loudly exclaim that they could easily bring the party up to the room when the reception was over downstairs. That's when we packed. I recognize that naked men in the hall and weddings are not a nightly event but the point was I knew EXACTLY what was happening with my neighbors and that was quite uncomfortable. I will not be staying with The Benson, again. I will not be referring friends (or clients) to The Benson, ever.
Peggy
"Great weekend at the Benson"
Our concierge Tom was wonderful--very helpful.
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great hotel stay"
The whole area in general was great. The hotel was in a perfect central location. It is walking distance to pretty much everything downtown. The staff was very kind and The valet staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!!
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2015
Kelsey
"A lovely historic hotel"
Beautiful historic hotel with old-school service. The only negative was the exorbitantly expensive valet parking.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"I will never stay anywhere else in Portland."
Best hotel ever. Everything you could ever want from a luxury experience. By far the best stay I have ever had.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Nice, but disappointing"
Great location. Nice for older hotel. We were gone all day and returned to our room at 5:00pm to relax before dinner and our room had not been serviced yet. Hotel staff didn't think it was a big deal and offered that they were sold out the night before (Saturday). Why does that matter? We were staying over again on Sunday, when most people are checking out. Why wouldn't our room have been a priority? It was also my birthday, which we let them know on original reservation - they did nothing. every year when we travel on my birthday the hotel leaves a little treat of some kind, not the Benson. Not sure if we would stay there again, since there are so many great hotels in Portland downtown for the same rate.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"High expectations, someone let down.."
As you walk into the lobby of the Benson, you're greeted by gorgeous decor and amazing chandeliers. It's just beautiful. I was so excited to book two nights in a Junior Suite for my little family, but was rather disappointed with the size of the room when we arrived. I know they said 'Junior', but it was much smaller than some of the 'King' suites I have stayed in, at less expensive hotels. The photos made the room look much larger. You could also tell that some of the furnishings were a little on the older side, and in need of refurbishing. Again, the photos were somewhat misleading. I also discovered trash left behind the nightstand, and later that night when I called for room service, the phone just kept ringing. This added to my initial disappointment. But the bed was extremely comfortable. Overall, my stay was ok.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great Location; beds could be better"
Nicely renovated "old" hotel. Bellhops and valets cater to your needs at the entrance. Nice but expensive bar and lounge on the main floor. Key card entry to the elevators where rooms are for safety. Rooms are quiet (for being downtown)beds are new but i didn't sleep well on them. Nor my friend who stayed a couple floors down. So maybe beds are bit uncomfortable. The location is ideal for the Pearl District and "hip" downtown feel. You can walk or take the train just about anywhere from this location.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Overall a good stay"
Excellent location in downtown Portland. But the hotel is a bit old; and we really didn't like how small bathroom is.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Nice historical hotel in the heart of Portland"
The hotel lobby was really stunning and extremely elegant with amazing history. The service was friendly and the rooms were very comfortable. The location is great as well, Powell's is only a few blocks away and so are the famous Portland food carts. Would happily stay here again.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Danilo
"friendly (and pet-friendly!) historic hotel"
Spent one lovely night at the Benson. I was able to bring along my little dog, which seemed remarkable, given the historic nature of the hotel. I was very pleased with the service and the historic charms of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Emily
"One night get-away"
Large room with very comfortable memory foam type bed. Small bathroom but this is a very old hotel so that added to the charm.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Gail
"perfect location for a long weekend in Portland"
Fireplace in the beautiful lobby makes for a warm welcome on a rainy evening. Free tastings of local wine and live music were unexpected treats. Great location- easy walk to Pearl, downtown and quick drive to the hip east side.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sue
"Fabulous jewel of a historic property"
Incredible gem in the heart of the Pearl District. Staff went over and above to help with my disability accommodations. From a large accessible room to making dinner reservations at Andina, I have nothing bad to say about this delightful hotel. What a pleasure to see that the old has been preserved without sacrificing the historic and architectural elements. Some reviewers ding this property for its "shabbiness and worn decor." Where these guests might be more comfortable at The Nines, I was in seventh heaven--leaded glass, chandeliers, original inlaid wood room doors, astounding plaster ceilings, inviting lobby, scrolled ironwork, and obvious loving attention to its maintenance. Congrats to property owners and managers for not "upgrading" or erasing the original character of this 1909-era property. It requires an extraordinary amount of work to maintain such a flagship hotel. At one point in our two night stay, we sat in the Palm Court bar and watched dazzled as a staff-member climbed up a 15-foot ladder to change a bulb in one of the behemoth chandeliers. We slept well, all was quiet and serene, and we enjoyed fabulous room service with delicious hot coffee, bacon and croissants. I only hope that in the future, I will be able to return at the same great Expedia rate.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Maddie
"We loved the Benson"
Had a great time! Just a little special stay for my birthday. The staff was great and extremely helpful. The location is great right in the heart of downtown Portland Or. The Hotel is beautiful, awesome décor of chandeliers and ornate all around. The lobby is a nice place to hang out and enjoy a drink near the fireplace. Loved the restaurant at the hotel, the food was delicious and dessert was to die for, yummy brownie sundae! This was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The room was clean and the view was great! Robe and slippers provided made us comfy and warm. We would definitely stay there again and hope to do so soon!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Joyce
"Benson Hotel is a great place to stay"
It's my favorite hotel in Portland
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
ross
Room smelled kinda funky coffee fiter wasn't changed
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
tam
"Nice."
Nice 10th floor room. Room service at breakfast was delivered on time.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"excellent stay"
The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellent. I will stay there again. The room was quite comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. The restaurants in the immediate area make this a great location.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice Place"
The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was clean. My only complaint and I really would not call it a complaint is the room was a little small and not completely welcoming. I attribute that to the age of the hotel, we gave up the luxury of some of the newer hotels for a classic experience.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Joyce
"The Benson is a WINNER!"
In town for a Trailblazers game. Blazers lost but The Benson was a winner! Fantastic staff, especially at the hotel bar and breakfast personal. Four stars is a definite under rating for this grand old hotel . We can't wait to return!
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Wendel
"Love this place!"
Post holiday stay after visiting family so decorations were down unfortunately, but hotel is still beautiful and very classy. Food in restaurant was great, and wait staff was superb. Too bad the downstairs restaurant is not still open. Hotel is close to many good restaurants and other good places to visit. Will definitely come back.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Cheryl
"Simon Benson lives on!"
This is a classic old hotel in Portland. I had to fly out of town, decided to stay in Portland for a night. I had never stayed at the Benson, but certainly would again. All of the old charm, class, and ambiance has been preserved. Very nice experience.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015