All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Awesome vibe
    Quite clean
    Room is all right
"Classic, grand hotel"
Lobby, staff, room, everything about as good as it could be. Classic grand old hotel. I've stayed there a number of times and plan to return.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2016
Martin
"A disappointing hotel"
My stay at The Benson was disappointing- the carpet was not vacuumed, the toilet bowl was disgusting. There is inadequate lighting in the bedroom and bathroom.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2016
"Downtown Portland"
What a delightful old hotel. Tastefully redone and comfortable. It was a little noisy because they were remodeling but it wasn't terrible.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2016
"Benson for almost a week"
Six nights: room needs a facelift, but very comfortable bed. Wifi strong but not super fast. Excellent service.
6 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
Rooms are very noisy. Street noise all night. They need better windows. The Westin is much quiter. Would stay at the Westin in the future because of the noise.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2016
"short but sweet stay"
just a brief stay. will go back when we're going to be in town longer. was close to everything we needed to see.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
tom
"overprice unhelpful"
certainly cost too much, hard to find parking, the "bellman" was no help - wouldn't give me any information once I told him I did not want valet
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2016
Donald
"Ok for business stay"
Approx 4 blocks to public transportation which is okay unless raining which happens often. Two days during my stay the hallway smelled strongly of "skunk" marijuana. Room was nothing special although had chatacter with the coved ceiling. Bathroom small and in need of updating. Adequate plug ins for electronics. Common areas very impressive and full of character.
5 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
"a VERY dissapointing stay for what was a fine hote"
there was construction going on all night with employees shouting and yelling across the street from our room,so we got absolutly NO sleep.the heating was on all night and could not be contoled from the thermostat.the sheets were so stiff and hard it was like sleeping between sandpaper.the shower had only COLD water
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2016
Roger
"Top notch"
Wonderful, classy hotel. Great bar and service.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2016
The room was very small for the price. Beds were very nice as was the bedding. The bathroom was tiny. The room appeared to have been remodeled but the windows and blinds looked like they were 50 years old. Very quiet hotel. For the price of $250 for one night (two doubles for 4 people), we should have chosen another hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
"Don't stay"
Overall filthy old place. Not clean at all
3 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
Our stay was excellent
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
"Love the "B""
Solid hotel. Comfortable bed. Great ambience.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2016
"Great date night"
Always love a stay at the Benson
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Rob
"Beautiful and a must stay!"
Drove to Portland from Seattle for an event. The hotel is beautiful. The service was wonderful. The valet was top notch and an evening in the lobby for wine tasting and desserts was a wonderful touch. I will be back again.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2016
"great quick getaway"
decided to take a time-out and head to the city...
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Patrick
"Things we should all do more often"
Just a quick get away .. dinner theater and family
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016
"the Benson&The Book of Mormon"
Great staff and service.
1 night trip Jan 21, 2016
Ronald
"Convenient stay in a downtown hotel"
The valet drivers were very friendly and welcoming to the hotel. The room was clean and convenient. The hotel lobby in this historic hotel is beautiful.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016
"Puttin' on the Ritz!"
A lovely night "in town" made all the more enjoyable by this Grand Old Lady. We've seen more opulent hotels, but none with the serenity that says "Relax, we know how to do this, thank you." Nary a slip-up in attentiveness, friendliness, comfort or condition. Well ... flowers on the table would have been nice. :)
1 night trip Jan 21, 2016
Val Tenney
"Classic place !"
All great. Lobby is awesome. Great staff ! Thx
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Great people at every turn at the Benson Very professional
3 night business trip Jan 13, 2016
"Polish up the Queen"
I am a fan of The Benson. My room was comfortable, but three of the lamps, two beside the sofa and one at the desk, did not work. I tried to jiggle plugs, etc. and nothing worked. Additionally, the floor lamp had one of the two bulbs burned out. So the hotel is a Queen/Grande Dame, but wiring could need attention. Also, several of the DISH tv channels did not work. The room rate was good; it included parking, which is very nice. But there are some problems to work out.
1 night trip Jan 7, 2016
"Weekend getaway"
Was a nice getaway
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Historic charm in a convenient location."
We used our free night for a quick overnight getaway in Portland. Special included free valet parking. The lobby has a grand entrance. Staff was friendly. The room was a comfortable size. We do not sleep well on Tempurpedic beds. The age of the building shows in some places. The bathroom felt small. Old tiles and grout had a dingy feel. Walking distance to pioneer courthouse, powells, and voodoo doughnuts. Overall, it was a nice stay in a historic hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
Joshua
"Disappointment"
Outstanding staff, beautiful lobby. The room was a disappointment. I booked deluxe king but the room did not match the online photo. It was very small, my husband and I could not walk between the bed and dresser at the same time and we are both small. I asked if the room was an error and just a regular King, not the deluxe. Staff person contradicted herself and finally said it was the deluxe. That is impossible. Given the size of the room, I would not return. We travel to Portland every two months and thought this would be our preferred hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
Joan
"Reliable with class"
I find the Benson to be reliable. It's upscale, great location and the staff us always friendly and professional. I'm often in Portland for just a night. It serves me very well as there is great dining near by.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
G M
"one night stay over"
check in was easy, hotel was nice. walked around a little and it was kind of scary once it got dark. lots of homeless roaming around the neighborhood. Otherwise was nice
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
"Great place to stay."
We walked to Old Town for lunch, Voodoo Donuts,and the Saturday Market. We walked to the Pearl District for dinner and drinks. Had dinner at the Portland City Grill, which is a couple blocks away and has the best view of the city at night. And the Pioneer Square shopping mall is close by.
5 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Romantic trip to Portland"
Clean, silent, cosy, old-fashion classy architecture, in the middle of Downtown/Pearl District. They also have a cool bar but we didn't get to check it out
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Claude
Bed was a bit hard and the elevator was massively slow but we enjoyed our stay otherwise and had only great communication with the staff.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
Oliver
A beautiful old hotel with a 1920s flair. Portland is a great town for walking and everything is in walking distance of the hotel. We started off with a problem with the room and they quickly found us another and made it right. The staff seems top notch.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Feel Like a Rock Star"
We stayed for the night of our Eagles of Death Metal gig. Felt like rock stars!
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Old World Classic Hotel"
They treated us and our two poodles with exceptional service. We had a wonderful time!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Deanna
"Penthouse life"
Weekend stay at the benson in the penthouse was incredible. Vikings and Montana Griz football game.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
stumboduck
"Historic Hotel but Disappointing Stay"
My wife and I took our two kids to Portland for a quick overnight stay in order to see a concert for my son's birthday. We arrived at the hotel and was engaged by the valet staff. They were pleasant and helpful. I was told there was really no parking except for the garage across the street for $22/day with no in and out privileges or valet parking for $35 with. They have you there right away. The hotel entry was clean, historic looking and busy. We were able to check in fairly quickly. The elevators were really slow (it is an old hotel) but the rooms were reasonably clean and comfortable. The rooms did need to be aired out a bit as there is a musty odor (again an old hotel) so not entirely unexpected. Fortunately, the windows open to let in some fresh air. The main problem was the first night, we were on the third floor up and could hear horns honking, traffic sounds coming from outside with the windows closed of course. In addition, we could hear doors opening/slamming from other areas of the hotel. Sleep was difficult to come by. When we woke in the morning, we took showers but none of us had any hot water. Faucet was turned all the way to hot but the water was lukewarm. This was at 8 AM on a Saturday morning. The hotel is located in an older part of town with plenty of transient people in the vicinity. Also close to a number of "seedier" looking adult venues or bars. Breakfast at their hotel was not complicated and seemed overpriced for what you received. Won't stay again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
The hotel was great! The booking experience through Expedia was a bait and switch. In the process I was told it would be 40 % off. Then they upgraded the room and took the 40% off the new rate. I paid more than I would of if I booked on my own for the room I wanted originally.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
The hotel staff was attentive and professional. The lobby is gorgeous, and we were upgraded to a larger room than we had booked. The walls are thin, and you can hear room noise in the halls, and hall noise in the rooms.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Good Hotel, But Desperatley Needs Renovating"
Over all it was a good experience. However, my original room (918) was small, dark, had dirty stains on the carpet and chair and the furniture was severely damaged. After voicing my complaints to the manager I was moved just next door to 919 and boy what a difference. 919 was bigger(2 windows) had better furniture, no stains on carpet, so I was much happier. But the bathroom was still a disappointment. Small, Dirty grout and shower curtain rod falling off. That was the major problem I had with the hotel. On the plus side. Staff was nice, Location of the hotel was close to many prime sights and room service food was excellent. So in the end The Benson will truly be a 4 star hotel when it gets renovated. I am told one will begin in 2016, but it will take years to complete.
5 night trip Oct 19, 2015
Christopher
"awkward"
I arrived later in the evening and the clerk did not have an available key to the room, I was escorted to the room (awkward).
1 night trip Oct 16, 2015
Alden
"Dirty carpets"
Stayed here for my wife's 50th birthday. Nice hotel but expected a cleaner room expecially since it was a penthouse suite. Carpet had stains and was dirty. Bathroom was not cleaned well and fan didn't work. If you expect 4 stars from a hotel this wasn't it. 3 at best.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Everything was just fine. Service was courteous. My only problem is that the pillows did not work well for me, since I have had neck surgery. They couldn't accommodate me with different pillows. I do not fault the hotel for this. I should have brought my own pillow. Valet parking and concierge were very helpful.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2015
"Overrated and overpriced"
This hotel was rated higher than hotels I have stayed in previously in the area, but I was extremely disappointed. Outdated, dim room with few amenities and a small, unfortunate looking bathroom.. I felt like I was staying at a motel 6 for more than triple the cost.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Emily
"Sleepless in Portland"
Horrible night sleep, room had a random noise all night long.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
Gregory
"I stayed there three days and never seen housekee"
The hotel was supposed to have valet however I had to pullover to the side of the road and liver we go inside the hotel to find someone to park my car. And even after I did all that the gentleman that were standing around that work for the hotel didn't even offer to get my bag! After staying three days and never seeing housekeeping I finally called and asked them to bring up towels! People were parting all hours of the night and screaming and playing in the hallway at 3 AM. The room was outdated in the wall paper was peeling. The hotel is in a good area but it simply is overpriced.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
bad stay
Marginally clean, bath drainage pronlems. Clearly a hotel that used to nice.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Nice but starting to feel a little old"
Non eventful. The hotel is getting a little long in the tooth. Time for a refresh. Staff was great-I'd like to call out the front desk. A lot of people came at once. I was at the back of a line. But she wS so fast I got through very quickly.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Leslie
"Staying in part of Portland's history"
We were warmly greeted on arrival at the Benson. It is an historic property which celebrated ints centennial three years ago, so it has some of both the charm and shortcomings of an older hotel. The room size was not as large as in more modern hotels, but adequate. The room was well furnished and comfortable. The bathroom was cramped and inconvenient, however. We did have some problem with noise, especially all night road work, right outside our windows, the second night of our stay. The first night had been interrupted by a false fire alarm. Room service meals were very tasty and promptly delivered, but a bit pricey.
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Melvile R V
"Old style ambiance"
The Benson is a grand old style hotel with incredible old world charm. The lobby is impressive with massive hand carved wood accents everywhere. The rooms are exactly what they show in the pictures. Now I know why they don't show the bathrooms. They are tiny, tiny, tiny and in much need of a renovation. The toilets are stained and are noisy and rather disgusting looking. The shower heads spray everywhere but where you need them. The room after having been closed up all day smelled of stale smoke and we stayed in a non-smoking room. The beds are extremely comfortable. The location is very convenient. I would probably stay here again simply because of the location and the beds comfort, but I would possibly look around for the bathroom upgrades.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015