All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Couldn't be better"
Everything was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better place to take a "staycation". Highly recommend this hotel. Aside from the fantastic amenities and attentive staff, the location can't be beat! Mere blocks from anything you'd want to do in downtown Portland. Great job Benson Hotel!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
We enjoyed Portland and the Benson. And that's that
"Lovely hotel"
This is a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms, good food and some nice entertainment In the lounge/restaurant. The hotel is close to Pioneer Square and just a few blocks from the train station or a short taxi ride. Staff were attentive; service In the lounge was excellent
Paulette
"Great hotel!"
This was a great hotel. Great location! Friendly staff! Room services food was delicious. The only complaint was i hated the pillows. I could not sleep because they were too fluffy. Overall, i will be staying here again if we ever go to Portland.
Alison
"Excellent location"
Spacious and neat. Close to everything, from restaurants to coffee shops to art galleries. Had a wonderful time. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Cheryl
"Great weekend at the Benson"
Our concierge Tom was wonderful--very helpful.
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great hotel stay"
The whole area in general was great. The hotel was in a perfect central location. It is walking distance to pretty much everything downtown. The staff was very kind and The valet staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!!
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2015
Kelsey
"Great downtown location"
Great place to stay if you want a lot to do within walking distance.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’d like to thank you for your 5 star review! We’re happy to hear that our central location served you well during your stay.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
M
"A lovely historic hotel"
Beautiful historic hotel with old-school service. The only negative was the exorbitantly expensive valet parking.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"I will never stay anywhere else in Portland."
Best hotel ever. Everything you could ever want from a luxury experience. By far the best stay I have ever had.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Nice, but disappointing"
Great location. Nice for older hotel. We were gone all day and returned to our room at 5:00pm to relax before dinner and our room had not been serviced yet. Hotel staff didn't think it was a big deal and offered that they were sold out the night before (Saturday). Why does that matter? We were staying over again on Sunday, when most people are checking out. Why wouldn't our room have been a priority? It was also my birthday, which we let them know on original reservation - they did nothing. every year when we travel on my birthday the hotel leaves a little treat of some kind, not the Benson. Not sure if we would stay there again, since there are so many great hotels in Portland downtown for the same rate.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
What a beautiful Hotel to stay at. We loved it. The location is truly great. Staff was also!
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful, and our location and staff to be great. Thank you very much for your review.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Downtown Classic"
Recommended hotel while staying in Portland Oregon A very nice bar- lounge and rooms are comfortable
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for your 5 star review and recommendation!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
travelman
"High expectations, someone let down.."
As you walk into the lobby of the Benson, you're greeted by gorgeous decor and amazing chandeliers. It's just beautiful. I was so excited to book two nights in a Junior Suite for my little family, but was rather disappointed with the size of the room when we arrived. I know they said 'Junior', but it was much smaller than some of the 'King' suites I have stayed in, at less expensive hotels. The photos made the room look much larger. You could also tell that some of the furnishings were a little on the older side, and in need of refurbishing. Again, the photos were somewhat misleading. I also discovered trash left behind the nightstand, and later that night when I called for room service, the phone just kept ringing. This added to my initial disappointment. But the bed was extremely comfortable. Overall, my stay was ok.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great Location; beds could be better"
Nicely renovated "old" hotel. Bellhops and valets cater to your needs at the entrance. Nice but expensive bar and lounge on the main floor. Key card entry to the elevators where rooms are for safety. Rooms are quiet (for being downtown)beds are new but i didn't sleep well on them. Nor my friend who stayed a couple floors down. So maybe beds are bit uncomfortable. The location is ideal for the Pearl District and "hip" downtown feel. You can walk or take the train just about anywhere from this location.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Good proximity to Portland sites."
I chose The Benson because of the price. The Portland market has been very expensive. Price is a big factor for me given I live in a Portland suburb and need to occasionally stay down town. Even though the rooms are not large, the certainly work when all you need is a place to sleep. I was very impressed with the continental breakfast. Timely service, affordable and nice presentation.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to Portland’s nightlife and that you were impressed with our continental breakfast. We hope to see you again next time.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Sandy
"Overall a good stay"
Excellent location in downtown Portland. But the hotel is a bit old; and we really didn't like how small bathroom is.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Nice historical hotel in the heart of Portland"
The hotel lobby was really stunning and extremely elegant with amazing history. The service was friendly and the rooms were very comfortable. The location is great as well, Powell's is only a few blocks away and so are the famous Portland food carts. Would happily stay here again.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Danilo
"friendly (and pet-friendly!) historic hotel"
Spent one lovely night at the Benson. I was able to bring along my little dog, which seemed remarkable, given the historic nature of the hotel. I was very pleased with the service and the historic charms of the hotel.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
It’s wonderful to hear that you had a lovely time at The Benson and were able to bring your dog, too. We hope to see you again next time.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Emily
"One night get-away"
Large room with very comfortable memory foam type bed. Small bathroom but this is a very old hotel so that added to the charm.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Gail
"perfect location for a long weekend in Portland"
Fireplace in the beautiful lobby makes for a warm welcome on a rainy evening. Free tastings of local wine and live music were unexpected treats. Great location- easy walk to Pearl, downtown and quick drive to the hip east side.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sue
"Fabulous jewel of a historic property"
Incredible gem in the heart of the Pearl District. Staff went over and above to help with my disability accommodations. From a large accessible room to making dinner reservations at Andina, I have nothing bad to say about this delightful hotel. What a pleasure to see that the old has been preserved without sacrificing the historic and architectural elements. Some reviewers ding this property for its "shabbiness and worn decor." Where these guests might be more comfortable at The Nines, I was in seventh heaven--leaded glass, chandeliers, original inlaid wood room doors, astounding plaster ceilings, inviting lobby, scrolled ironwork, and obvious loving attention to its maintenance. Congrats to property owners and managers for not "upgrading" or erasing the original character of this 1909-era property. It requires an extraordinary amount of work to maintain such a flagship hotel. At one point in our two night stay, we sat in the Palm Court bar and watched dazzled as a staff-member climbed up a 15-foot ladder to change a bulb in one of the behemoth chandeliers. We slept well, all was quiet and serene, and we enjoyed fabulous room service with delicious hot coffee, bacon and croissants. I only hope that in the future, I will be able to return at the same great Expedia rate.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Maddie
"We loved the Benson"
Had a great time! Just a little special stay for my birthday. The staff was great and extremely helpful. The location is great right in the heart of downtown Portland Or. The Hotel is beautiful, awesome décor of chandeliers and ornate all around. The lobby is a nice place to hang out and enjoy a drink near the fireplace. Loved the restaurant at the hotel, the food was delicious and dessert was to die for, yummy brownie sundae! This was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The room was clean and the view was great! Robe and slippers provided made us comfy and warm. We would definitely stay there again and hope to do so soon!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Joyce
"Benson Hotel is a great place to stay"
It's my favorite hotel in Portland
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
ross
Room smelled kinda funky coffee fiter wasn't changed
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
tam
"Nice."
Nice 10th floor room. Room service at breakfast was delivered on time.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
I’m glad that you could take advantage of our speedy room service. Thank you for your comments.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"excellent stay"
The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellent. I will stay there again. The room was quite comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. The restaurants in the immediate area make this a great location.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’d like to sincerely thank you for your five-star review. I’m glad that our guest rooms and central location suited you well.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice Place"
The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was clean. My only complaint and I really would not call it a complaint is the room was a little small and not completely welcoming. I attribute that to the age of the hotel, we gave up the luxury of some of the newer hotels for a classic experience.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for your honest feedback. It is certainly appreciated.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Joyce
"The Benson is a WINNER!"
In town for a Trailblazers game. Blazers lost but The Benson was a winner! Fantastic staff, especially at the hotel bar and breakfast personal. Four stars is a definite under rating for this grand old hotel . We can't wait to return!
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Wendel
"Love this place!"
Post holiday stay after visiting family so decorations were down unfortunately, but hotel is still beautiful and very classy. Food in restaurant was great, and wait staff was superb. Too bad the downstairs restaurant is not still open. Hotel is close to many good restaurants and other good places to visit. Will definitely come back.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
I am delighted that you enjoyed so much about your stay with us! I hope your return stay is sometime in the near future. Thank you.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Cheryl
"Simon Benson lives on!"
This is a classic old hotel in Portland. I had to fly out of town, decided to stay in Portland for a night. I had never stayed at the Benson, but certainly would again. All of the old charm, class, and ambiance has been preserved. Very nice experience.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a unique, classical hotel experience, and I am thrilled that we could give you just that! Thank you and we hope you will come again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"awesome hotel"
Delicious food and service!
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review. We’re delighted that you enjoyed the food and service that was provided.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Kelly and Justin
Poor, cold shower, noisy elevators, early morning alarms and P.A. Tests not very guest freindly
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
While this is not the type of review we enjoy receiving, we appreciate your feedback nonetheless. We’ll take your words to heart when it comes to improving our offerings in the future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"The Benson! Is there any other place to stay?"
Just a fabulous weekend in every regard. Staff couldn't have put on a better face for an important personage.....and it was just us! Jennifer was especially helpful and kind regarding our frequent presence at the Palm Court. Thank you for brightening up our visit! Richard
2 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, great location."
Great rooms, comfy bed, convenient location. Pet-friendly!
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We’re glad that you loved your rooms and the location of our hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Jennifee
"My stay"
It was excellent. My only complaint is the shower heads! I have had these in several other hotels also. It must be the de rigor showerhead. It is a big round one that sends out a halo of water. The halo gets bigger as it comes down, and in the center of the halo??? Nothing. Washing my hair was a major problem, taking forever to be able to rinse all the shampoo out. Go back to the old fashioned, plain old shower head (maybe adjustable!)
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’re delighted that your stay with us was excellent and we do appreciate your feedback about the showerhead.
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2014
"5 Star!!"
We stay at a different downtown hotel every year just before Christmas. It is a tradition for me and my wife. For the price we paid, we felt that this was one of the best experiences we have ever had in the the 10 years of doing this.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for the 5 star review. As someone who frequently stays in Portland, we’re glad to hear that this was one of your best experiences in the 10 years that you’ve been staying in the city. We hope to see you again.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Monty
"The Nuutcracker"
The very large Christmas tree and ginger bread castle were fantastic. The employees were all very friendly.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the Christmas decorations. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
pappi
"first trip to portland"
this is a great hotel in the heart of downtown Portland
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel during your first trip to Portland. We hope that you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the city.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Joeseph
"Great central location for exploring Portland."
Great overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Endre
"disappointed with my stay at The Benson"
Staying at The Benson is all about the experience. I booked one of the Penthouse Suites to celebrate my wedding night. I've stayed there before many times and wanted my new husband to experience what I remembered as such classic elegance and real, excellent service by the staff. I unfortunately was underwhelmed this time. I dropped off presents and the cake early in the day to the concierge, and tipped him very generously in hopes that he would take good care of us. The presents were in the room when we arrived, but the drinks were not chilled as I had asked (I even wrote the instructions in a thank you card to the concierge that also contained my gratuity), and the cake was not in the room. It arrived after we had already checked in, and when they brought it, I asked for ice to chill our drinks and the staff member said, "ice is on the floor below", so I had to go down and get it myself. Also, not what I expected from the wait staff of The Benson. I'm not trying to be picky but The Benson is supposed to be the best of the best.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We are truly sorry and embarrassed to read of your experience with us on your wedding night. We sincerely apologize to you and your new husband for the inconvenience and frustration you encountered on what should have been such a special and memorable evening. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail offline.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Deb
Bathroom very small, couldn't adjust shower water temperature..too hot or too cold. Kind of a pain to always have to use room key for elevator. Valet parking was difficult, had to stop in street.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. While we’re pleased that you found our hotel to be beautiful, we apologize that you were not fully satisfied with our services. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our property.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Just okay."
Location is ideal, but probably the best part about the hotel, the bathroom was dirty and the sink was broken.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for candidly reviewing our hotel. We’re glad that you enjoyed our location and will relay the information about the bathroom cleanliness to the appropriate team. We hope that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and that we may again serve you on a future stay.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great decorations. 20 foot Christmas tree"
If you want to see some great holiday decoration during the season, this is the place to stay. They went all out for the holidays.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 star review. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed our Christmas decorations!
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Tudor
"The 80's want their decour back!"
My stay at the Benson was fine. I was upgraded to a junior suite which was sweet! The room was very clean but the decour is very, very dated!
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you for the feedback, both positive and constructive.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Perfect every visit."
Trip was a weekend jaunt from Seattle, to visit Powell's Books, record stores, museum, galleries and the nearby Little Bird bistro, plus a little street photography. The Benson's location downtown is perfect for all of this. I've stayed here several times, each stay has been perfect. Great staff, silent rooms even overlooking busy street, the Grand Dame of Portland hotels.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We’re incredibly happy to hear that you continually enjoy staying with us when you visit Portland from Seattle. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
Martin
"Great downtown location!"
Great hotel. Convenient location. Will stay there again!
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Great visit"
Loved all the Christmas decorations! The bartenders were very personable and made for a nice end to our day in Portland.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write us a 5 star review. We’re so glad that you loved our decorations and bartenders. We hope to see you the next time you’re visiting Portland.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
DEBORAHA
"Wonderful stay"
Beautiful hotel and the staff is amazing and friendly. Really beautiful for the holidays with so many things to do within quick walking distance.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
A sincere thank you for the 5 star review. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed the holiday decorations and that our staff was friendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Lovely elegance in the heart of Portland"
Great old hotel that has been completely updated. Room was nice. Water pressure in shower was on the low side, and shower drain was on the slow side. Great service, great food from room service.
Response by The Benson Hotel, A Coast Hotel
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We’re glad that you enjoyed the service, food and room service. We sincerely hope that you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in Portland.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014