All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here144 Bee St, Charleston, SC, 29401-5701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

We were there for Fri., 10/24, Sat., 10/25 and Sun., 10/26. Our room was untouched by cleaning, bed making, bathroom cleaning or clean towels on Sat. On Sun. our room suffered much the same disregard. One of the three beds was made (why one?) and there were clean towels. The refrigerator did not work requiring me to throw out food. I would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Judy
"Best Bed Ever!"
This hotel had the most comfortable bed ever, the pillows were awesome and just was cozy and great. It was the best hotel bed I ever slept in.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Nor
"Lovely stay in a beautiful city"
Excellent hotel with good location. Service was good, breakfast more than adequate
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Harvey
"Not up to snuff"
Hotel a bit dated. Was not able to access internet service in the room, had to go to the lobby. When questioned about the internet, the clerk replied that it is sometimes slow, especially over night and in the morning. Limited onsite parking.
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"Comfort Inn Downtown Charleston an OK stay."
Common areas do not appear to be well maintained.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Margaret
"conveniet accomodations"
Nice location,just out of downtown.very popular place. Hotel was full.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
H S
"Good location close to walk into city"
Had a great stay her. Braved the pool on a dull evening. Great to walk into the city. Excellent eating places in the locality. Breakfast and wifi on site .
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Jon
"close to MUSC"
Very nice.I was disappointed that I didn't get a discount for MUSC. I did it online,but did mention it to the check in attendant. I will be back October 23rd. The gentleman who did the reservation gave me a discount. I appreciate that!
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great option if you can't afford downtown prices"
Great value in a high priced city. Trolley was convenient to downtown. Late nights we took a cab back for $10. The room was clean and service very friendly. Appreciated the free breakfast, parking and WiFi in price. Parked the car all weekend and did not move due to previous reviews. Area felt pretty safe for walking or running. Gym was free weights and four cardio machines. Saw the pool from our room, but did not go up there. The stock picture of this hotel is very misleading.
4 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Theresa
After a complex check-in where I went up snd down a slow lift before I had room that was finished with cleaning (it was after 3pm and check-out is 11am), a room was found. The first evening wifi was horrible. After a "first day survey" was sent out with criticism of the wifi, it was fixed and worked well. Some of the front desk staff were quite friendly and helpful, others were very curt and too busy to spend any time explaining things like directions (particularly important for visitors to Charleston). The room was a good size and clean; although the cleaning team was operating at a speed not seen since the Model T.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Reasonably priced hotel"
I found the Comfort Inn to be very comfortable and reasonably priced in a town of high hotel prices. The free shuttle can be picked up right next door and delivers one to the middle of the historic area at the Visitors Center. From there one can pick up other shuttles to many other areas, but if you want to sight see, shop and dine in the historic area this is a great location to start from and can be done on foot. The breakfast is typical free hotel breakfast, but was good nonetheless. The staff is outstanding and very helpful.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Disgusting!"
Room had not been cleaned when we arrived at 7:30 pm. They had no maid staff on duty. Entire hotel was very unclean. Waited 45 minutes, left and went to Holiday Inn Express down the street, which is an excellent hotel.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
cathy
"Room was good but front desk staff needs work."
Everything about my stay was perfect but the front desk staff was a little rude when i first got to the hotel. I understand check in is at 3 but i was coming from out of town and asked could i check in early. I didn't even get my sentence out before the woman was like nope. Check in at 3. Attitude is everything in customer service.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"Convenient"
Liked having the taxi available. The location wa easy to locate and very accessible.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Cindy
"Very Good Facility & Experience"
Facility was a bit out of the way unless needing to stay close to highway access or the MUSC/VA complex. Rooms were clean, but needed some maintenance. Staff was friendly and helpful. "Prepare it yourself" hot breakfast was available.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"OK for the price"
Despite the very worn and dirty appearance of the lobby, the rooms were clean and updated. Check in time is not one minute before 3pm but don't take a walk while you're waiting because it's located in an area of parking lots, busy streets and massive blocks of hospital buildings - hard to get around and far from tourist areas. Housekeeping is spotty if done at all so basic amenities such as clean towels and toilet paper may be hard to come by. This could be a lovely place to stay if management was better and housekeeping was a bit more diligent. For people visiting hospital patients, the hotel is ideally located.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Drew
"Room not ready and staff not friendly"
Attempted to check into the hotel 30 minutes early. Was guaranteed the room would be ready by check in time and at 615 the room was still not ready. Staff completed their jobs but did not ensure that we would return for another stay. Room was clean and supplies provided.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Close to historic district bus route in Charlesto."
Planning on return trip in 2 years. We plan on touring the sites that we didn't see while on this trip and plan on bringing additional individuals
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Stay closer to district!"
The hotel is ok, but the breakfast is awful! I left something in the room and cannot get a call back to find out if they found it. I left a message for the manager and head of housingkeeping. For what i paid in cabs I could have stayed at a nicer hotel in Market and King streets
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Very good reasonable hotel"
The service was very good, pleasant employees, reasonable rate.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Ann H
"Overrated"
The bed was wonderful, hot water was fine. Fridge worked ok. Overpriced for market. High speed internet did not work. Rating and location were misrepresented. Will never use this web site again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Fine hotel but not worth the rate"
The hotel was clean and the room was fine. The hotel is in downtown but it's not right in the heart of historic Charleston, so it had no view. You can stay just a bit further away and save on price.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Will
"Really good service"
Everything was great. Only thing bad was the small parking lot. Was overcrowded
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"nice rooms and good breakfast"
Most things went well. Except maid service never took our old towels or give us new towels the next day. We had the front desk note this for housekeeping. The free breakfast was very good. It had a lot of variety: eggs, English muffins, sausage on the weekends, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, and fruits. Hotel is on the free bus route. It's rate was much better than the rates that would be downtown.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Trish
"Customer Service exceptional!"
Numerous Hotel staff were dedicated to my comfort. Definitely recommended to others. Clearly well managed facility. Room nice. Parking somewhat messy but service far exceeded expectation.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Excellent Location, Walking distance to downtown"
Excellent Location, walking distance to downtown,
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
You should not be able to say this is in the historic district
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Unprofessional"
I arrived after having a reservation for over two weeks (I planned early since I knew everywhere would be booked for the holiday weekend) I was stuck without a room. First, I waited at least ten minutes at the counter before I could get any information. The desk clerks were to change shifts soon, so while one was on the phone, the other went about other tasks and paid me no attention. I was told initially that the hotel was overbooked so I immediately got on the phone with Expedia. I was told later that they actually had my room but it had maintenance issues. They could have called me! Between the hotel and Expedia, neither company could find me alternate lodging arrangements. I was able to find one hotel with a cancellation, but as I was on hold, someone else went in and took it. Over two hours spent on customer service calls with several dropped calls and no call backs. And when I called the hotel back to have them book a room for the next next night, I was told only the manager arriving in the morning could do it. I ended up having to drive an hour away very late into the night to stay at less-than-desirable accommodations, then drive back to work the event that I was in town for. And the manager never called me the next day to follow up or reconcile the issue. All relocation was paid out of my pocket and I have to wait two weeks for a refund. I will not be staying at a Comfort Inn and I also extremely disappointed with Expedia's incompetent customer service.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Beach Babe
"Close to MUSC campus and historic district"
My stay was very comfortable, the free breakfast had a lot of choices and was a nice bonus. I chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the MUSC hospital campus which is a 10 minute walk. The free city shuttle bus stops right outside the hotel and will take you to the downtown historic district, this was a nice perk and I used it twice. I would stay there again.
3 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
pretty good hotel.. close to folly beach. on the other hand very close to downtown charleston.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Wasn't the best location"
Overpriced but was clean.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Val
"The worst service ever in my live"
I arrive around 2:00 o'clock and rhe lady at front desk dont le me check in because it wasnt 3:00 oclock, she told me the check in is at 3:00 and the check out is before 11:00 am. I will never used this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Carlos
We arrived on Saturday at 4:00 pm, our room was at 5 level and when the elevator open the door you see 2 huge garbage's bags. Those bags were there until we left the hotel (Sunday at 11: 00 am). It was horrible and disgusting. Personal staff was not very nice.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Ana
"Decent Hotel"
This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. The parking was tight, but eventually manageable. The problem was we were put right by the elevator and it was horrible to hear the constant winding and vibrations. We were not told we were being put there and complained and asked for a discount and the hotel assistant manager said she would oblige.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"We'll be staying here again!"
Very convenient location, the air conditioner was a little lax in keeping us comfortable but this is the best hotel for the price we have found in this area. We will definitely be staying here again!
3 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
You get what you pay for, and this is a decent, affordable hotel in downtown Charleston. The room was clean and recently upgraded, and we were pleasantly surprised to find eggs and other hot breakfast items included in the free breakfast. The only downsides are the distance to the historical district and the fact that the hotel is surrounded by hospitals and fast food restaurants, so the views are less than stellar.
"Needs Updating"
The staff was pleasant and professional but the facility needs updating. Parking is limited with overflow at the bank next door - but you have to move your car by 7:45 AM which is not very convenient. Breakfast was mediocre and the one day we went down for breakfast it was so crowded we had to sit on the sofa in the lobby with plates on our laps. We expected to be within walking distance of restaurants, but the only close things were fast food. Designed smoking area is right outside the door and I hated walking through people smoking, breathing the bad air, and this kept the steps to the side entrance in a mess. As a tourist, the location was less than desirable but if you are visiting the VA hospital this would be a good choice.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Melba
"Pleasant surprise"
Very good would stay there again
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
E. ZAjac
"Too far from downtown restaurants and attractions"
The staff at the hotel was exceptional but the overall stay was disappointing. The parking is definitely a problem unless you park and only use the trolley to downtown attractions. We could hear everything in the hallway and the commode didn't flush properly. Breakfast was standard continental faire. The closest restaurants other than fast food were about 5 or 6 blocks away on foot.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Downtown Location, Good Price"
Needed to be downtown for conference, wanted something decent. Very satisfied.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Close enuf to the action to enjoy downtown & beach"
The hotel was clean. Best of all it had a larger than ur normal hotel fridge plus the microwave. Also the breakfast was much better than I thought it would be. FResh fruit, make your own Belgium waffles, eggs, sausage and gravy, hardboiled eggs, cereal juices, coffee bar. Too much too mention. Convenient location to downtown though not walking distance for the average Joe.Would return.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
donna
"Not in town"
The hotel was not downtown and not close to walking distance to any good restaurants. The room was barely ready at 4 in the afternoon. No parking on site, had to park off site. The next morning they are knocking on the door at 10 am to see if we had left.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"This is a good bargain for downtown Charleston."
The staff was very friendly, the room very clean. This is a very good location, though hard to get into initially. The elevators needed some cleaning/upgrading, but other than that I found it to be a good place to stay and would book it again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Rev
"Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites are my favorites!"
I called the hotel before I arrived to see if I could check-in early on July 3rd. The gentlemen who answered the phone was the most friendliest representative I've spoken with in a very long time. He said "sure we can have you a room within an hour!" Once I arrived, the same service continued throughout my stay. The room smelled wonderful! I had 5 pillows on my bed! The softest was my favorite! I highly recommend this hotel to you and have to my family and friends! I love you Comfort Inn!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Terry
"Total dump"
This hotel is described as being located in "historic downtown Charleston." A more accurate description would be "right off the interstate, several miles from historic downtown Charleston." The parking is inadequate and the hotel has a rundown appearance both inside and out. The first room they put us in was absolutely filthy. In addition to having a strong smell of stale cigarettes, there was a pile of dirty sheets in the middle of the floor. Every surface-mirrors, pictures, tv, microwave, furniture-was covered with a layer of grime and fingerprints. The second room had not even been cleaned-it was wide open and an abandoned cleaning cart in the middle of the room. The third room was marginally cleaner, no dirty sheets in the middle of the floor, but again, all of the surfaces had a layer of grime and fingerprints. By this time it was close to 6pm on a holiday weekend so we didn't have time to find other accommodations. I was told by one of desk clerks that since we booked through Expedia she couldn't give us a price adjustment even if she wanted to. I was a bit taken aback since I hadn't said anything about a price adjustment. Under different circumstances we would have left.
"A little distance from main down town."
Overall I enjoyed the comfort of the room and the surroundings. All the things you needed for a stay were in the room.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Gerald T
"Very good location"
We only needed one night stay during a very busy holiday weekend. This hotel gave us what we needed and we were very comfortable. We will stay again. The staff was great and very helpful.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
We enjoyed our time in Charleston. The Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The parking for inner city hotel was very good and the building was well kept and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"A Decent Hotel"
I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn, Charleston, SC despite its location being somewhat off the beaten track from the sights of down town. If parking weren't so bad in the city then the location would have been just fine but such is not the case. Otherwise the hotel is great as long as your not looking for luxury.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Jon
"Does the trick!"
We had to tack on a night for a family wedding/vacation and couldn't get into our hotel in the heart of Charleston so we booked here instead. Check in/out was VERY easy. The gentleman let us know about the free trolley to the visitor center and we were on our way. After being on the trolley for a few minutes I realized we were not in the nicest of neighborhoods and def. went through some abandoned houses/low income homes. Other than that, the pool was great and the free breakfast was key!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014