All hotels in La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2150 Rose Street, I 90 Exit 3, La Crosse, WI, 54603, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Affordable, clean, easy find."
Stayed one night, room was nice size, comfortable. Right off main road.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear that your stay was pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip May 21, 2014
The beds were so uncomfortable that we all suffered with sore backs for the next couple of days.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm sorry to read of this. I wish you had let the front desk know as we offer rooms with pillow top comfotors for guests that request soft beds. People are so different - some like hard beds and some like soft. Our aim is to please so do let us know if this ever happens again.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Worn down and old"
Room was small...bed was small and low to floor. Decor was outdated. No view.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for taking time to review our motel. I wish I'd have known as I would have put you in one of our king rooms on the opposite side of the motel as the opposite side over looks the Black River. Hope to see you again. Rod
Other trip May 14, 2014
Traveler
If you can get a room here for super cheap, then go for it. Don't expect too much, however. The mattresses are cheap, the TVs are about 15 years old, the "continental breakfast" consists of waffles and instructions on how to microwave them, and additional amenities are nonexistent.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please do try us out again in another six months or so as the very items you mentioned are in our plans for upgrading.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"economical option"
The staff were very friendly, and the hotel was quiet.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to let us know that you were pleased with your stay. I do enjoy working with my staff as they are always friendly and fun.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
"This one was juuuust right!"
When I needed a place to put up some out of town employees, I looked at price and location. I knew about the quality of Howard Johnson from personal leisure trips and it so happened there was one ideally located near work. In the weeks that I used them, I never heard anything negative word! Thank you Howard Johnson for making it easy for me!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
It is great to hear from you Ray and thank you for sharing!
5 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
Ray
"Room 126 is really an awful location."
Room 126 was so noisy all night long due to people coming and going all night and early morning. Stomping up and down and talking while coming and going. 126 should only be used as a conference / meeting room or for storage only. We had a terrible night TRYING TO SLEEP! Will never rent a room near the stairs EVER AGAIN..
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I am sorry to read of your situation. If this ever happens again at any motel feel free to contact the front desk and ask for a different room. Thanks for taking time to share your experiance!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Wayne
Basic, about as expected for economy pricing.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to score and review our motel. Hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"You get what you pay for..."
You get what you pay for! The hotel is pretty run down, but I expected that based on the price of the room. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty rough, and there are a lot of street people walking around. They also do extended stay rates, which is something to consider. The service was really great, and they actually don't charge for pets, just need a card for incidentals.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you were pleased with the staff's service - they are also a pleasure for me to work with. Clean rooms and friendly-knowledgable service is what we focus on. Then month-by-month we improve our property best we can. Hope to see you again and I hope you enjoy the changes as we make them. General Manager Rodney A Piotraschke
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Cheap, good service"
This hotel was cheap, had good service, and was in a convenient location close to the highway. The beds were like rocks.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Ha ha - sorry about the hard bed. We do have some beds with pillow top comforters so next time you stay with us just ask for one. I agree with the convenient location. Close to downtow, attractions and right between Pizza Hut and a family diner. Glad you had a pleasant stay. General Manager Rodney A Piotraschke
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2014
Bourbongirl
I've stayed here before and I will stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing and thanks for staying with us.
3 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"Right off the interstate"
I got a smaller room, because all I wanted was a place to sleep overnight. If I'd been vacationing, I wouldn't have been satisfied at all, but to stay overnight - this fit the bill perfectly. The room was clean, although it was hard to find the thermostat so I froze most of the night. Overall, I got what I paid for and I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share with us Jeannette. I'm glad you were satisfied and I look forward to seeing you again.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Jeanette
The staff was incredible *****
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing that. I also enjoy my staff - they make coming to work a pleasure! Hope to see you again.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Good location for a visit to LaCrosse"
The hotel is pretty basic. Some rooms have been renovated but many have not. Carpets are old with spots, lots of plugs to handle TV, microwave, mini fridge, etc. Front desk staff was very good but lobby area is cluttered and doesn't look very clean.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share your review. Hope to see you again in the future after we complete some upgrading. Maintenance Jim Brown
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
pat
"Lacrosse, WI"
We were very happy with the hotel but VERY disappointed when we found out that hotels.com charged us $17.00 more than we would have had to pay for the exact same room as a walk-in.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Room rates could change on a daily basis due to supply and demand. For example, if a group had a number of rooms blocked but then cancelled the motel suddenly needs to sell numerous rooms and they will drop their rate .
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Vacation"
Reservation of room type not met. Bed bugs suspected in second room. Third room didn't meet reservation request. Staff friendly but the resort was in need of major remodeling. Will never stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Please contact the motel and let the staff know which room you suspect has or had bed bugs . To be proactive this motel is covering every mattress and box spring with protective covers .
5 night trip Aug 10, 2013
S J
"Helpful"
Traveling in truck with flatbed trailer...helped us find an appropriate place to park. Very friendly.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear that my staff was friendly - hope to see you again in the future General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
grandparent
Overall it was very good stay. We stayed five nights and the only small complain I have is that the mattress was a little too hard. The staff was great!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you enjoyed the staff - they are a pleasure to work with! General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
5 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Satisfied customer
"Mission accomplished"
The goal of this trip was to make memories between sleep sessions, and the money saved by staying at this quite acceptable place more than paid for an upgrade to the "Holsteiner Art" variety of Wienerschnitzel the following day in New Glarus. Winner, winner, (non) chicken dinner!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad we were able to make your travels memorable! Hope to see you again. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Sundeli
"comfortable w/o frills"
This was a comfortable room, though it had a full and not queen bed. The breakfast was OK, mostly things to toast and cereal. The staff was very friendly to us.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you enjoyed my staff - they are a pleasure to work with. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"I got all the amenities needed for a business trip"
This hotel often provides an evening pot-luck style, home cooked meal for its guests.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad we were able to accommodate you! The pot-luck is actually put on by the construction crews that stay with us during the week days. I've eaten some amazing meals - those guys are good cooks. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Good quality at affordable price"
Our room was clean and quiet, the staff were friendly, good WiFi connection, bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was adequate: fruit, hard boiled eggs, 2 choices of cold cereal, English muffins and toast, juice & coffee. I did notice some wallpaper peeling away from the wall in the bathroom.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Currently we do have a few rooms that are actually getting remodeled. --perhaps the room you were staying in, is one of those. Thank you so much for the awesome breakfast review. Hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Connie
Friendly stuff, but breakfast was't anything special. Room was clean but dated.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
unfortunately we pick food, with speed in mind. Our hotel has a lot of guests that come in for work related reasons, they want to be in and out. we definitely keep that in mind when ordering foods. We will also keep your comment in mind when we order food. Thank you so much for your concerning thoughts. Hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Mario
"Comfortable,quiet , cheap but dirty"
The price was great. It was quiet comfortable room for an overnight stay. The desk staff was very accommodating. They earn their money as they perform double duty as breakfast stocker. The big disappointment was the brown dried stain in front of the bathroom. It looked gross and I rally don't want to know what it was.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
The front desk staff is very professional when it comes to doing their breakfast duties. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your poor visit. we do have a few rooms currently getting remodeled, maybe the one you stayed in is one of them. Hope to see you in the near future.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Good value. Especially for a quick stay."
For the price, this hotel was perfect for a quick stay. I only stayed one night and didn't need anything fancy since I wouldn't be in the hotel long. This was perfect. Great value. The room wasn't super modern or updated but it was clean and that is more important to me. The bathroom was small, with the sink outside the door in the main room. However, this actually worked out nice for us. I was there with a friend and we both had big mirrors with outlets to use for getting ready.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you, and we hope to see you back. Quick stay. or longer :)
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Miranda
"I just want what I paid for"
We reserved a king room on Hotels.com - when I got there to check in they said they were currently out of king rooms - I replied that I paid extra for the king bed - and what were they going to do for giving my reserved room to someone else? They then put me in a room that they said was a king (was actually a double bed) that I was handed pillow cases for the bed that I had to put on myself, they removed the dirty towels (said the room had only been used for the hot tub, I don't even want to KNOW what that was about) and handed a bag for the garbage that he emptied when we walked into the room. If I reserve a room with a king size bed, I should get what I paid for.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Did they hand you the booking receipt? or the receipt off of wherever you ordered the room from? When it's booked online, it is't specified it just says number of guests. Also, you didn't pay extra a King size room is also the same as two doubles. Thank you for your concern. My team works hard on meeting every guests needs. We apologize for your previous stay, and hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
Not Happy
"one night stay"
its fine for a one or two night stay very affordable
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you, and we hope to see you back in the near future!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
rich
"very happy with room and service"
the service was great and public transportation was convenient. Good breakfast including three types of juice, French toast, cold cereal, oatmeal, toast, fruit and coffee and tea. Wi-Fi service was excellent. Small workout room mainly for cardio. Family restaurant and Pizza Hut located within walking distance.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is our goal to make sure a guest leaves satisfied. Hope to see you in the future.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
Was a perfectly suitable room, disappointed that it smelt like cigarettes though.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
We apologize for the inconvenience. The hotel is now cigarette free, but at one time it had smoking accessible rooms. we apologize that you had one of them. Cigarette smoke is one of the hardest smells to get out of things; bedding, walls., etc. We are taking precautions as far as new cleaning products--to even remodeling a few rooms. We hope you give us another chance, and to see you in the near future. Thank You!
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2013
We were in town for a quick visit to see our son who is a student at UW-LAX. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast had everything we could have wanted. The breakfast area was well maintained. Our room had everything we needed...microwave, coffee pot and fridge. The price could not be beaten. We will definetly return.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you--We will be awaiting your arrival!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Jamie
Wifi is weak
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
sorry you had problems. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for your input.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Friendly staff, even with an 11pm arrival! Pretty good breakfast offerings too!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we are pleased you had a good stay. please come back again, we're looking forward to it.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2012
GL
"Clean, Comfortable"
This is an old building and the doors rattle a bit and it doesn't have a lot of great amenities but it did have a recumbant bike and a treadmill for anyone who needed to get their regular exercise in. They also had a washing machine and dryer that I haven't seen available to other customers at similar. The continental breakfast was more than adequate and it was relatively quiet. It was a comfortable place to stay at a very reasonable price. I stayed there because I didn't have money to spend on a room and the amenities available at the Radisson or other high end places. It was very conveniently located between the interstate and downtown which are the locations from which I was coming and going.
Response by Hotel Management
Dear freespirit10, In recent years we have remolded our hotel. We will continue to do this forever! Our expectations will never cease and we hope you can share in the experience. Thank you for the compliments-we like to offer a valued product at a reasonable price.
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
freespirit10
"Good for overnight stay"
Basic hotel, not fancy but OK if you are just looking for a place to sleep. Allows dogs so hallways smelled slightly of dogs. Noises from the hallway and adjoining rooms could be heared all night long. Friendly staff.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for the input involving our hotel. We do allow pets (one of our many amenities). Sometimes our furry friends can project a scent. If this becomes an issue for you, or anyone, let us know. We will not stop till your stay is satisfactory to your needs and wants. Any noise complaints we address promptly and politely. If this issue factors in your next stay let the desk agent know, they will handle it.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"A great value in Lacrosse"
I needed a room for a one night stay, and booked this room through Expedia the morning of my visit to Lacrosse. The room had a full size bed, fridge and a microwave. The front desk was very friendly and efficient. The only complaint was that the coffee pot wasn't working.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we apologize on your coffee pot. hope to see you back in the near future.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
"close to down town"
STay was good, but the first room we were booked in wasn't cleaned. So we got another no problem.
Other trip Oct 4, 2012
"Quiet, inexpensive"
A good place to stay on a weeknight in the fall. Easy in and out.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Definite return visit"
Only needed to stay one night. Room was cleanand quiet. Plenty of parking and a great location, easy to get to with a wide variety of nearby restaurants. Will stay there again next time we're in LaCrosse.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Looking forward to your next visit.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Bear
"Nice hotel at a nice price."
The Howard Johnson's is located close to the major highways. The nearby La Crosse Family restaurant provides fast, delicious meals that are reasonably priced. The staff at HoJo's are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is decent. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Although this is not a "four star" hotel, for the price, this is a great deal! This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in La Crosse.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2012
Laurie
"Good Hotel"
Great service and nice room. Very accommodating since I was with my handicapped father. Thank you
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2012
"O.K. for the price."
The hotel staff were very helpful. The room was clean, however a little small. The hotel seemed very quiet, which was nice. The only down side was the bed was not real comfortable, it was very hard. Overall, I would stay here again on my way through.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we're glad to consider us as a future option, and are looking forward to it.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
"Decent and comfortable"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was a bit run down in appearance, but room was reasonably clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
Carrie B
"Overnight Stay"
This property is conveniently located a short distance from the highway and easy to find. It's an older hotel but the rooms have been upgraded to provide for basic needs. The desk staff could use a little customer service training. I was told that my room would be ready in an hour. Almost two hours later I was still waiting and never received an apology from anyone. I had a better experience at the Settle Inn, a few doors down the street.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
"poor sound proofing"
Everything about the hotel was satisfactory except it is very easy to hear clearly what was going on in the next room and the room and be able to hear people walking around in the room above. Was there 2 nights and was awaken by other guest to easily. Very poor sound insulation between floors and rooms. Will not stay there again
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
We apologize your stay wasn't as enjoyable as we intended it being. Due to the walls and how they're insulated--it it an older hotel so there's not much we can help you with that. we are sorry!
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"stuffy"
The room was very stuffy.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2012
"Good Deal For Price!"
For the price it was an good deal and it is located by many restaurants! The room was clean and the bed was adequate! My only fault would be the tub drain needed to be cleaned out; it simply didn't drain well and I had water up to my ankles while showering.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we are sorry for any inconveniences and hope to see you in the near future.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"friendly clean place to stay overnight ..."
all of the people i can into contact with at howard johnsons were very friendly and helpful ... lots of hellos and smiles ... overall a very nice overnight stay ...
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"Comfortable"
What you expect from a Howard Johnson. Comfortable room, friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 1, 2012
Eddy
"sardine can"
Rooms are clean but very small. Felt like I was in a sardine can! Long, narrow, dimly lit hallway. Very unattractive building.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Great nights sleep"
No frills room, but very comfortable night sleep. Clean environment with continental breakfast - good value!
Other trip Jul 24, 2012