All hotels in La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States of America
2150 Rose Street, I 90 Exit 3, La Crosse, WI, 54603, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Don't have room by exit doors."
Not one of our best nights here. Was by the exit door. Too noisy, could hear people talking outside.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great for the price, but be patient at check-in."
Motel 6 La Crosse, Wi is very comfortable for its price range. Check-in was a little goofy -- owing perhaps to my stay during a big convention weekend. The desk-clerk kept me and another guest waiting endlessly to register while discussing a reservation on the phone. When she did get to us, she spoke angrily at the phone when it continues ringing, interrupting our transactions. After checking in she asked "would you prefer 1st or 2nd floor?" to which I replied "1st if its available." She smugly remarked "I wouldn't offer it to you if it wasn't available, hon." Oh well... The bed was very comfortable, room clean, equipment in decent shape. I give it a solid 3
3 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
PAUL
"You Get What You Pay For!"
I was looking for an inexpensive motel stay. The rate was great and I got what I paid for...a clean room and 2 double beds. There is no continental breakfast. The pillows are lumpy. The room was horribly hot when we walked in (there's no way to regulate the heat) so we turned on the air conditioning and opened the window to cool it down. The refrigerator didn't work so had to request help from maintenance. (They just removed the broken frig and replaced it with one from another room.) There are no coffee makers in the rooms. There were no toiletries (shampoo and conditioner) in the room. There are no hair dryers either. The worst part was the noisy hallway and adjacent rooms. The walls are paper thin so you can hear people talking--even when they are speaking in a normal tone of voice. There were people in the hallway at all hours of the night talking loudly. At 4 am, there was a gal yelling at her boyfriend in the hallway and they took their argument into their room but then she proceeded to scream several times at the top of her lungs. It sounded like perhaps her boyfriend was hurting her. We got very little sleep--to say the least!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Clean quiet and comfortable.Close to town but yet not too busy and loud at night.This was a Pet friendly hotel and I enjoyed the stay
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Stevie
"One nighter"
Clean and quiet. Friendly maid service. Front desk was very friendly.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Ricky
"Nice hotel for a nice price."
It was a nice place to stay for the one night we were in LaCrosse.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"OK"
We just needed a place to sleep not frills ..l
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Donald
Only stayed for one night and it was fine. Price was right just passing through Lacrosse and need a place to sleep.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"One night in La Crosse"
Needed a reasonable place to sleep for the night and the shower was hot, room was clean, and beds were adequate.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good for short visits."
Room was acceptable as a place to sleep, shower and rest a bit. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. TV worked. This hotel was ok as a "base" to visit the Lacrosse area. Plan to do things outside the hotel or you will get bored quickly.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"come prepared"
we arrived late and our greeter was pleasant, however hers and everyone else's excuse for not having the most basic amenities on the premises was that they got rid of all of that stuff a long time ago when Howard Johnsons vacated. I am talking about shampoo, conditioner an iron and a hair dryer. Luckily, I brought my wig.The next day the front desk guy actually lied about an iron being available.I found one from the housekeeper.Please advise all guests to bring their own iron hair dryer and shampoo and conditioner.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
ann e
"LAX"
In a commercial area so it was noisy at 5:00 in the morning. The web site said it offered a continental breakfast but there was no breakfast offered.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"clean room"
It was a nice room very clean. We would stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
susan
"Bring everything you need from home"
I picked this hotel because the price was right for the amenities listed. However, when I got there, there was no breakfast, no hair dryer, and no coffee maker. -All items that were listed on the website and all items that would have made a small business trip easier.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised!"
Bed and pillows were very comfortable! Great stay for the price!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Nice hotel for a short stay."
We stayed over one night while attending a wedding. We typically would have stayed at a more upscale hotel as apposed to an older motel almost all the hotels were booked. We decided to stay at the much lower priced motel being it was just for one night. We were very pleasantly surprised. While the motel was dated and did not have newer flat panel tv's, modern decor or new furniture is was still very well maintained. The room was clean and very functional. It ended up being a great option on short notice at a great value.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
RPE
"competition at the high school"
They had a problem with tax free status. I was assured that it would be rectified in the morning. The check-in clerk told me the night staff would fix it. At 7 am, I was rudely told that this matter would be fixed after 7 am. To top it off, at 7 am, there was no coffee. We also discovered that there would be nothing but coffee. Hotel.com had said otherwise. No coffee at 7 am led one of our group to hurry things along and press a button. It led to a big coffee spill. The night clerk who had been so rude to me about the billing had a complete melt-down. She derided the students for their "lack of intelligence" and the like. Overall, my experience with Motel Six has left me with no desire to stay with this chain in the future. Steven Gargo
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Steven Gargo
"Bait and Switch"
As a Howard Johnson's this hotel was starting to go down hill. Now that it changed to a Motel 6 the job has been completed. I was not given advance notice of the change. I booked on line and you got my money. I should be refunded for the inconvenience and no continental breakfast, hair drier, clock radio for a wake up call. The fact is I won't be staying at this hotel again even if the rooms were $29.00 per night. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Worst Experience Ever"
We arrived 25 minutes before check in, and the person at the front desk kept talking about how we were too early (it's not like we were there a few hours early). In our room, the air conditioner was on, but it was still very warm in our room. Thankfully, the weather became cooler and we were able to keep our room comfortable by opening a window. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in some places and the tub did not drain well (it was like taking a bath and shower at the same time). We found some garbage in the room when we arrived. Shampoo and conditioner were not provided-only a single, small bar of soap (barely enough for two adults). Also, complimentary breakfast does not exist, and no coffee pot in room. The bed was extremely uncomfortable-we woke up with back aches every morning. Next time we spend a few days in town, we will definitely stay elsewhere.
3 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Jamie L
"What is the name again?"
When we made the reservations, the hotel was a Howard Johnson with continental breakfast. We spent 1 and 1/2 hours looking for it. There was nothing to indicate what it had been.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
April
"Motel 6 fka Howard Johnsons in Lacrosse,WI"
I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights 9/26 & 9/27 for a total of $863.16 thru Hotel.com. Rooms were $143.86 with tax per night. We were told a continental breakfast included with rooms. Upon arriving we found it was NOW a Motel 6. Rooms were very small, carpet dirty, quoted 2 queen beds and they were double beds. A bathroom you could hardly turn around in. We had no continental breakfast provided. No soap or shampoo in room. Very very disappointing and would not stay again in this hotel. The price of the hotel was extremely overpriced for the accommodations. There were 8 of us from the same family and for a weekend that should have been fun, the rooms were less than adequate but nothing else in area was available. We would not stay at this hotel again and feel perhaps a credit could be issued for the charges or a consideration of at least a partial credit. Thank you. Colleen Wood
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Colleen
"Lame"
Yuck! Tiny rooms, overpriced. One towel. Uncomfortable beds. No coffee in rooms (advertised). No breakfast (advertised) Won't make that mistake again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Tracey
"No Longer a Howard Johnsons!"
The Motel changed to a Motel 6 and the services generally provided by Howard Johnsons were taken away. No Breakfast. We were assigned a handicapped room with 'special' bathroom features and smaller beds in the room. The headboards for queen beds were present; the beds were full size and as hard as the floor.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Chuck
"Nothing special but worth the price we paid"
The hotel has just rebranded to Motel 6 so that was a little confusing. The room was adequate but not fantastic. Location was good for where we were going to be the day we checked out. It's an average hotel but not one I would pay top dollar to stay in. It was worth the price we paid for our room.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Room was dirty and smelled of dust and dirty carpets, window coverings, etc. Bed was comfortable. Housekeeping was spotty. Not worth the price. Will not stay there again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I am sorry you had a bad experiance at our motel. I hope you do give us another try in 6 months or so as we will be renovating.
5 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"Old HoJo"
Hotel is clean but outdated, rooms are a bit small, TV may/may not work (staff reassigned us to a new room - TV worked there, but a bathroom light didn't). You can find an similar hotel in the same area for less money.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Convenient, close to everything hotel"
Staff were very friendly and accommodating - I was allowed to check in early. Room and bathroom were clean and nicely appointed - flat screen, fridge, etc. Hotel was quite. The only negative was the AC in my room, it needed more freon. There was a fan in the room as well, which helped. I would definitely stay again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. Sorry to read of the freon and I will let maintenance know. Looking forward to seeing you again.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Cheap, easy stay"
Room was fine and comfortable for what we paid for. Best part was the excellent shower water pressure. Disappointed with the continental breakfast. A few too many flies in the front lobby area.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for taking the time to share - Hope to see you again.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Room was small but clean. Beds were very hard
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for taking the time to share - Hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
Heidi
"Old, ran down hotel"
I should have known when the price was so inexpensive, and after reading other travelers' reviews. The hotel is ran down, old and not really clean. Although the price was cheap, I think it was still too expensive for how the room condition was. The room had an old TV with tubes, not even LCD or plasma. I had not seen one of those at a hotel for a long time. The breakfast is always what I want from the hotels I stay because of the convenience. The breakfast at this hotel is bare minimum, not worth the money. In fact, we had breakfast somewhere else on the second day at the hotel.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Sorry you were not pleased with your stay. Hope you will try us out again in six months od r so after our renovation. The staff and I are excited about our up coming updates to the property.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Midwesterner
"Nice place to stay for a cheap night's sleep."
Nothing fancy, but clean and one of the cheaper places to stay in LaCrosse.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. "Clean & Friendly" and our aim. There will be some renovations coming soon and we all look forwrd to it.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
smitty
I was surprised that they would even get 50 for that room. It was definitley not like it was presented.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Sorry you were not happy with your stay . Hope you will give us another chance in about 6 months after our renovation.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
I was stuck at the airport without a ride. I called the hotel and Pete called a cab for me. I came in around 10 at night. Rooms were not bad. Only thing was the bedspreads were stained. I took them off and asked for extra blanket. The room was clean. It was a lot better than I expected. I had the 2nd floor. It was quiet but it seemed a quiet weekend.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. I am pleased to read that you found our accommodation clean and friendly.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great people and location!"
While the room and building weren't the most up-to-date, they both met our needs. We were looking for something affordable and close to I-90, and we found them both at the Howard Johnson. I did find the staff to be very helpful! My wife (this was a stop on our our honeymoon) and I left a couple things after we left, and the hotel was kind enough to offer to ship them to us or keep them for us to pick up in a couple weeks. Despite the datedness, I wouldn't mind staying there again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing ! My staff will be pleased to read your review and they look forward to seeing you again.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Honeymooners
"You get what you pay for"
It was fine for the price. No elevator.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share. Hope to see you again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2014
Bre
Good except for the lack of electrical hookups for those with boats and their batteries.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. Next time you're in the area, just ask the front desk for a downstairs room and we can run an extention cord out the window to your boat.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Golfing area for the week."
Room was comfortable but wall pretty thin. could hear a lot of noise from people above me. Parking was not the most easy for bigger vehicles but ok. Plenty of eating places close by. Breakfast area really small and crowded. Good breakfast place next door.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. I do agree regarding thin walls and the next time you're in town ask for an upstairs room so you don't have to listen to the people walking above you. Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you had a big vehicle you can actually park right on the frontage road in front of the motel. Thanks for staying with us and I hpoe to see you again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Carl
It's time to clean it up. The air conditioner, tub and fixtures were new; but, overall, the room was dirty.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I am very sorry and very supprised to read your review. I usually read that my property has very clean rooms. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Disappointing hotel stay"
Could not get a reservation at my usual hotel. Based on name recognition and availability, I then chose to stay at the Howard Johnson in LaCrosse. This hotel is in sad shape and in need of an overhaul. I'm not sure when it was constructed but it does not appear that it has ever been updated. For the condition of the hotel, the rooms are very overpriced. I will not be staying here again and unfortunately I cannot recomend it either.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Hi Lee, the property was built in 1976 and was renovated a few times. But you are right - we do need to renovate again. Sorry you were not pleased with your stay but I do hope you found your room clean and the staff friendly. Cheers
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Lee
"Great staff makes all the difference."
This hotel is well worn and showing its age, but the staff does a good job with what they have top work with. The rooms are small yet comfortable. The bed was firm and the bedding was on good condition.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing. Going forward there are renivation plans for the property but it always feels good to see the compliments of "doing the best we can" while we wait. I'm glad you were pleased with your stay and I will share your review with the staff.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
World Traveler
"Not pretty, but clean and inexpensive"
This hotel is not pretty to look at, but the rooms have been appear to have been redone a year or so ago. The room was clean and comfortable with updated security door locks. Parking is a bit tricky when the hotel is full but the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent, with hot food on the weekend. Again, not the prettiest place, but if you need an inexpensive and clean place to stay choose this Howard Johnson.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you found your room clean and the staff friendly. With a "not so pretty building" clean and friendly is the best we can offer and we do work hard to provide that. It was great to read your review. Again, thanks for sharing.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Davey
Easy to find...close to down town. Bit dated but would stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear from you - thanks for sharing.
tammy
"Howard Johnson Review"
I've stayed at this hotel twice now, once in 2012 and again a few days ago. It is very convenient to get to from the highway. It is also close to the downtown area restaurants and entertainment. I travel a lot and don't think that I've met staff that are less friendly or welcoming. The rooms are clean but very basic. The hotels on Rose Street are popular destinations for biker rallies, so be prepared for a party atmosphere if you happen to coincide with a biker event.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to read that your stays have been pleasant. My staff will be happy to read your comments . Again - thank you.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin Traveler
"An OK experience"
Basically the accommodation worked for us and was reasonably priced. The hotel is between a U-Haul Rental Agency (our view was of their lot) and a run down gas station. The location is convenient to I-90 and on the major highway, so access is good. Room was ok, everything worked. Internet connection was slow. Continental breakfast was very basic.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share - it sounds like your stay was satisfactory. I hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
PWShimer
"Old Hotel - has not been kept up"
We paid way too much for a hotel in this condition.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
This past weekend was the Wisconsin Track Meet and for La Crosse it is a city sell out. When demand is high and supply is low every motel raises their rates. This means every motel in the city was charging almost double what they usuall y do. Hope to see you in La Crosse again some day when it is not a city sell out.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Augie
"Old with very small rooms"
We stayed here on State Track meet weekend, which is a very busy weekend in La Crosse. We paid over $140.00 for a very dated, very small room (basically 1 full size bed and nothing else). The room was clean and the staff was friendly enough. If I was paying $60.00 I would have thought I would have received full value, but for that price, they should refurbish the hotel.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
The Wisconsin Track Meet is a city sell out for La Crosse. In the motel business rates are set via supply and demand. I used to be a truck driver and often stayed at motels. I recall many times being in a city that was selling out and paying well over $100 just to sleep and shower. I couldn't believe it. Now that I'm in the motel business, I see both sides. When the demand is high and the supply is low motels can set high rates. I set my rates according to my competition which means every motel valued at $60 was selling at $140 this particular weekend. But the bottom line is - you are right. Our value on a normal day would be $59 to $79. I've been in your shoes and understand. And thank you for the compliment of a clean motel and friendly staff. I hope to see you in La Crosse sometime when the demand is low and the supply is high.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Casey
"Good quality for good price"
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and I am very picky. The room size was good enough for two persons and well maintained. The bathroom and the sink were kind of new. And the Most of it; the room was super clean. Room was quite and personnel were gentle. For the location: you will need the car to go downtown, but it's at only 5 minutes and there is plenty of free parking overthere. Surrounding neiborhood; It's better to go downtown, except if you love fastfood. .
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you had a pleasant stay.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Aladin
This was not an outstanding hotel, but it was adequate and the price was excellent.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
It was great to hear from you - thank you for taking time to share your review.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Glenn
"Affordable, clean, easy find."
Stayed one night, room was nice size, comfortable. Right off main road.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear that your stay was pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip May 21, 2014
The beds were so uncomfortable that we all suffered with sore backs for the next couple of days.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm sorry to read of this. I wish you had let the front desk know as we offer rooms with pillow top comfotors for guests that request soft beds. People are so different - some like hard beds and some like soft. Our aim is to please so do let us know if this ever happens again.
1 night trip May 14, 2014