All hotels in La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2150 Rose Street, I 90 Exit 3, La Crosse, WI, 54603, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"You get what you pay for"
It was fine for the price. No elevator.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share. Hope to see you again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2014
Bre
Good except for the lack of electrical hookups for those with boats and their batteries.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. Next time you're in the area, just ask the front desk for a downstairs room and we can run an extention cord out the window to your boat.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Golfing area for the week."
Room was comfortable but wall pretty thin. could hear a lot of noise from people above me. Parking was not the most easy for bigger vehicles but ok. Plenty of eating places close by. Breakfast area really small and crowded. Good breakfast place next door.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for sharing. I do agree regarding thin walls and the next time you're in town ask for an upstairs room so you don't have to listen to the people walking above you. Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you had a big vehicle you can actually park right on the frontage road in front of the motel. Thanks for staying with us and I hpoe to see you again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Carl
It's time to clean it up. The air conditioner, tub and fixtures were new; but, overall, the room was dirty.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I am very sorry and very supprised to read your review. I usually read that my property has very clean rooms. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Disappointing hotel stay"
Could not get a reservation at my usual hotel. Based on name recognition and availability, I then chose to stay at the Howard Johnson in LaCrosse. This hotel is in sad shape and in need of an overhaul. I'm not sure when it was constructed but it does not appear that it has ever been updated. For the condition of the hotel, the rooms are very overpriced. I will not be staying here again and unfortunately I cannot recomend it either.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Hi Lee, the property was built in 1976 and was renovated a few times. But you are right - we do need to renovate again. Sorry you were not pleased with your stay but I do hope you found your room clean and the staff friendly. Cheers
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Lee
"Great staff makes all the difference."
This hotel is well worn and showing its age, but the staff does a good job with what they have top work with. The rooms are small yet comfortable. The bed was firm and the bedding was on good condition.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing. Going forward there are renivation plans for the property but it always feels good to see the compliments of "doing the best we can" while we wait. I'm glad you were pleased with your stay and I will share your review with the staff.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
World Traveler
"Not pretty, but clean and inexpensive"
This hotel is not pretty to look at, but the rooms have been appear to have been redone a year or so ago. The room was clean and comfortable with updated security door locks. Parking is a bit tricky when the hotel is full but the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent, with hot food on the weekend. Again, not the prettiest place, but if you need an inexpensive and clean place to stay choose this Howard Johnson.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you found your room clean and the staff friendly. With a "not so pretty building" clean and friendly is the best we can offer and we do work hard to provide that. It was great to read your review. Again, thanks for sharing.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Davey
Easy to find...close to down town. Bit dated but would stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear from you - thanks for sharing.
tammy
"Howard Johnson Review"
I've stayed at this hotel twice now, once in 2012 and again a few days ago. It is very convenient to get to from the highway. It is also close to the downtown area restaurants and entertainment. I travel a lot and don't think that I've met staff that are less friendly or welcoming. The rooms are clean but very basic. The hotels on Rose Street are popular destinations for biker rallies, so be prepared for a party atmosphere if you happen to coincide with a biker event.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to read that your stays have been pleasant. My staff will be happy to read your comments . Again - thank you.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Wisconsin Traveler
"An OK experience"
Basically the accommodation worked for us and was reasonably priced. The hotel is between a U-Haul Rental Agency (our view was of their lot) and a run down gas station. The location is convenient to I-90 and on the major highway, so access is good. Room was ok, everything worked. Internet connection was slow. Continental breakfast was very basic.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share - it sounds like your stay was satisfactory. I hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
PWShimer
"Old Hotel - has not been kept up"
We paid way too much for a hotel in this condition.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
This past weekend was the Wisconsin Track Meet and for La Crosse it is a city sell out. When demand is high and supply is low every motel raises their rates. This means every motel in the city was charging almost double what they usuall y do. Hope to see you in La Crosse again some day when it is not a city sell out.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Augie
"Old with very small rooms"
We stayed here on State Track meet weekend, which is a very busy weekend in La Crosse. We paid over $140.00 for a very dated, very small room (basically 1 full size bed and nothing else). The room was clean and the staff was friendly enough. If I was paying $60.00 I would have thought I would have received full value, but for that price, they should refurbish the hotel.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
The Wisconsin Track Meet is a city sell out for La Crosse. In the motel business rates are set via supply and demand. I used to be a truck driver and often stayed at motels. I recall many times being in a city that was selling out and paying well over $100 just to sleep and shower. I couldn't believe it. Now that I'm in the motel business, I see both sides. When the demand is high and the supply is low motels can set high rates. I set my rates according to my competition which means every motel valued at $60 was selling at $140 this particular weekend. But the bottom line is - you are right. Our value on a normal day would be $59 to $79. I've been in your shoes and understand. And thank you for the compliment of a clean motel and friendly staff. I hope to see you in La Crosse sometime when the demand is low and the supply is high.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Casey
"Good quality for good price"
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and I am very picky. The room size was good enough for two persons and well maintained. The bathroom and the sink were kind of new. And the Most of it; the room was super clean. Room was quite and personnel were gentle. For the location: you will need the car to go downtown, but it's at only 5 minutes and there is plenty of free parking overthere. Surrounding neiborhood; It's better to go downtown, except if you love fastfood. .
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you had a pleasant stay.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Aladin
This was not an outstanding hotel, but it was adequate and the price was excellent.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
It was great to hear from you - thank you for taking time to share your review.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Glenn
"Affordable, clean, easy find."
Stayed one night, room was nice size, comfortable. Right off main road.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear that your stay was pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip May 21, 2014
The beds were so uncomfortable that we all suffered with sore backs for the next couple of days.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm sorry to read of this. I wish you had let the front desk know as we offer rooms with pillow top comfotors for guests that request soft beds. People are so different - some like hard beds and some like soft. Our aim is to please so do let us know if this ever happens again.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Worn down and old"
Room was small...bed was small and low to floor. Decor was outdated. No view.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thanks for taking time to review our motel. I wish I'd have known as I would have put you in one of our king rooms on the opposite side of the motel as the opposite side over looks the Black River. Hope to see you again. Rod
Other trip May 14, 2014
Traveler
If you can get a room here for super cheap, then go for it. Don't expect too much, however. The mattresses are cheap, the TVs are about 15 years old, the "continental breakfast" consists of waffles and instructions on how to microwave them, and additional amenities are nonexistent.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please do try us out again in another six months or so as the very items you mentioned are in our plans for upgrading.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"economical option"
The staff were very friendly, and the hotel was quiet.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to let us know that you were pleased with your stay. I do enjoy working with my staff as they are always friendly and fun.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
"This one was juuuust right!"
When I needed a place to put up some out of town employees, I looked at price and location. I knew about the quality of Howard Johnson from personal leisure trips and it so happened there was one ideally located near work. In the weeks that I used them, I never heard anything negative word! Thank you Howard Johnson for making it easy for me!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
It is great to hear from you Ray and thank you for sharing!
5 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
Ray
"Room 126 is really an awful location."
Room 126 was so noisy all night long due to people coming and going all night and early morning. Stomping up and down and talking while coming and going. 126 should only be used as a conference / meeting room or for storage only. We had a terrible night TRYING TO SLEEP! Will never rent a room near the stairs EVER AGAIN..
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I am sorry to read of your situation. If this ever happens again at any motel feel free to contact the front desk and ask for a different room. Thanks for taking time to share your experiance!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Wayne
Basic, about as expected for economy pricing.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to score and review our motel. Hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"You get what you pay for..."
You get what you pay for! The hotel is pretty run down, but I expected that based on the price of the room. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty rough, and there are a lot of street people walking around. They also do extended stay rates, which is something to consider. The service was really great, and they actually don't charge for pets, just need a card for incidentals.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you were pleased with the staff's service - they are also a pleasure for me to work with. Clean rooms and friendly-knowledgable service is what we focus on. Then month-by-month we improve our property best we can. Hope to see you again and I hope you enjoy the changes as we make them. General Manager Rodney A Piotraschke
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Cheap, good service"
This hotel was cheap, had good service, and was in a convenient location close to the highway. The beds were like rocks.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Ha ha - sorry about the hard bed. We do have some beds with pillow top comforters so next time you stay with us just ask for one. I agree with the convenient location. Close to downtow, attractions and right between Pizza Hut and a family diner. Glad you had a pleasant stay. General Manager Rodney A Piotraschke
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2014
Bourbongirl
I've stayed here before and I will stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing and thanks for staying with us.
3 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"Right off the interstate"
I got a smaller room, because all I wanted was a place to sleep overnight. If I'd been vacationing, I wouldn't have been satisfied at all, but to stay overnight - this fit the bill perfectly. The room was clean, although it was hard to find the thermostat so I froze most of the night. Overall, I got what I paid for and I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share with us Jeannette. I'm glad you were satisfied and I look forward to seeing you again.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Jeanette
The staff was incredible *****
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for sharing that. I also enjoy my staff - they make coming to work a pleasure! Hope to see you again.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Good location for a visit to LaCrosse"
The hotel is pretty basic. Some rooms have been renovated but many have not. Carpets are old with spots, lots of plugs to handle TV, microwave, mini fridge, etc. Front desk staff was very good but lobby area is cluttered and doesn't look very clean.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you for taking time to share your review. Hope to see you again in the future after we complete some upgrading. Maintenance Jim Brown
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
pat
"Lacrosse, WI"
We were very happy with the hotel but VERY disappointed when we found out that hotels.com charged us $17.00 more than we would have had to pay for the exact same room as a walk-in.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Room rates could change on a daily basis due to supply and demand. For example, if a group had a number of rooms blocked but then cancelled the motel suddenly needs to sell numerous rooms and they will drop their rate .
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Vacation"
Reservation of room type not met. Bed bugs suspected in second room. Third room didn't meet reservation request. Staff friendly but the resort was in need of major remodeling. Will never stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Please contact the motel and let the staff know which room you suspect has or had bed bugs . To be proactive this motel is covering every mattress and box spring with protective covers .
5 night trip Aug 10, 2013
S J
"Helpful"
Traveling in truck with flatbed trailer...helped us find an appropriate place to park. Very friendly.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Great to hear that my staff was friendly - hope to see you again in the future General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
grandparent
Overall it was very good stay. We stayed five nights and the only small complain I have is that the mattress was a little too hard. The staff was great!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you enjoyed the staff - they are a pleasure to work with! General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
5 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Satisfied customer
"Mission accomplished"
The goal of this trip was to make memories between sleep sessions, and the money saved by staying at this quite acceptable place more than paid for an upgrade to the "Holsteiner Art" variety of Wienerschnitzel the following day in New Glarus. Winner, winner, (non) chicken dinner!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad we were able to make your travels memorable! Hope to see you again. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Sundeli
"comfortable w/o frills"
This was a comfortable room, though it had a full and not queen bed. The breakfast was OK, mostly things to toast and cereal. The staff was very friendly to us.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad you enjoyed my staff - they are a pleasure to work with. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"I got all the amenities needed for a business trip"
This hotel often provides an evening pot-luck style, home cooked meal for its guests.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
I'm glad we were able to accommodate you! The pot-luck is actually put on by the construction crews that stay with us during the week days. I've eaten some amazing meals - those guys are good cooks. General Manager Rodney A. Piotraschke
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Good quality at affordable price"
Our room was clean and quiet, the staff were friendly, good WiFi connection, bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was adequate: fruit, hard boiled eggs, 2 choices of cold cereal, English muffins and toast, juice & coffee. I did notice some wallpaper peeling away from the wall in the bathroom.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Currently we do have a few rooms that are actually getting remodeled. --perhaps the room you were staying in, is one of those. Thank you so much for the awesome breakfast review. Hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Connie
Friendly stuff, but breakfast was't anything special. Room was clean but dated.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
unfortunately we pick food, with speed in mind. Our hotel has a lot of guests that come in for work related reasons, they want to be in and out. we definitely keep that in mind when ordering foods. We will also keep your comment in mind when we order food. Thank you so much for your concerning thoughts. Hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Mario
"Comfortable,quiet , cheap but dirty"
The price was great. It was quiet comfortable room for an overnight stay. The desk staff was very accommodating. They earn their money as they perform double duty as breakfast stocker. The big disappointment was the brown dried stain in front of the bathroom. It looked gross and I rally don't want to know what it was.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
The front desk staff is very professional when it comes to doing their breakfast duties. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your poor visit. we do have a few rooms currently getting remodeled, maybe the one you stayed in is one of them. Hope to see you in the near future.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Good value. Especially for a quick stay."
For the price, this hotel was perfect for a quick stay. I only stayed one night and didn't need anything fancy since I wouldn't be in the hotel long. This was perfect. Great value. The room wasn't super modern or updated but it was clean and that is more important to me. The bathroom was small, with the sink outside the door in the main room. However, this actually worked out nice for us. I was there with a friend and we both had big mirrors with outlets to use for getting ready.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you, and we hope to see you back. Quick stay. or longer :)
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Miranda
"I just want what I paid for"
We reserved a king room on Hotels.com - when I got there to check in they said they were currently out of king rooms - I replied that I paid extra for the king bed - and what were they going to do for giving my reserved room to someone else? They then put me in a room that they said was a king (was actually a double bed) that I was handed pillow cases for the bed that I had to put on myself, they removed the dirty towels (said the room had only been used for the hot tub, I don't even want to KNOW what that was about) and handed a bag for the garbage that he emptied when we walked into the room. If I reserve a room with a king size bed, I should get what I paid for.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Did they hand you the booking receipt? or the receipt off of wherever you ordered the room from? When it's booked online, it is't specified it just says number of guests. Also, you didn't pay extra a King size room is also the same as two doubles. Thank you for your concern. My team works hard on meeting every guests needs. We apologize for your previous stay, and hope to see you back in the near future.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
Not Happy
"one night stay"
its fine for a one or two night stay very affordable
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you, and we hope to see you back in the near future!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
rich
"very happy with room and service"
the service was great and public transportation was convenient. Good breakfast including three types of juice, French toast, cold cereal, oatmeal, toast, fruit and coffee and tea. Wi-Fi service was excellent. Small workout room mainly for cardio. Family restaurant and Pizza Hut located within walking distance.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
We are pleased you had a wonderful stay! thank you, and we hope to see you back in the bear future.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
Was a perfectly suitable room, disappointed that it smelt like cigarettes though.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
We apologize for the inconvenience. The hotel is now cigarette free, but at one time it had smoking accessible rooms. we apologize that you had one of them. Cigarette smoke is one of the hardest smells to get out of things; bedding, walls., etc. We are taking precautions as far as new cleaning products--to even remodeling a few rooms. We hope you give us another chance, and to see you in the near future. Thank You!
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2013
We were in town for a quick visit to see our son who is a student at UW-LAX. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast had everything we could have wanted. The breakfast area was well maintained. Our room had everything we needed...microwave, coffee pot and fridge. The price could not be beaten. We will definetly return.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
Thank you--We will be awaiting your arrival!
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Jamie
Wifi is weak
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
sorry you had problems. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for your input.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Friendly staff, even with an 11pm arrival! Pretty good breakfast offerings too!
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we are pleased you had a good stay. please come back again, we're looking forward to it.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2012
GL
"Clean, Comfortable"
This is an old building and the doors rattle a bit and it doesn't have a lot of great amenities but it did have a recumbant bike and a treadmill for anyone who needed to get their regular exercise in. They also had a washing machine and dryer that I haven't seen available to other customers at similar. The continental breakfast was more than adequate and it was relatively quiet. It was a comfortable place to stay at a very reasonable price. I stayed there because I didn't have money to spend on a room and the amenities available at the Radisson or other high end places. It was very conveniently located between the interstate and downtown which are the locations from which I was coming and going.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
We hope you think of us again if you need another quick stay. Thank you!
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
freespirit10
"Good for overnight stay"
Basic hotel, not fancy but OK if you are just looking for a place to sleep. Allows dogs so hallways smelled slightly of dogs. Noises from the hallway and adjoining rooms could be heared all night long. Friendly staff.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for the input involving our hotel. We do allow pets (one of our many amenities). Sometimes our furry friends can project a scent. If this becomes an issue for you, or anyone, let us know. We will not stop till your stay is satisfactory to your needs and wants. Any noise complaints we address promptly and politely. If this issue factors in your next stay let the desk agent know, they will handle it.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"A great value in Lacrosse"
I needed a room for a one night stay, and booked this room through Expedia the morning of my visit to Lacrosse. The room had a full size bed, fridge and a microwave. The front desk was very friendly and efficient. The only complaint was that the coffee pot wasn't working.
Response by Motel 6 La Crosse, WI
we apologize on your coffee pot. hope to see you back in the near future.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
"close to down town"
STay was good, but the first room we were booked in wasn't cleaned. So we got another no problem.
Other trip Oct 4, 2012