All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here4855 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
No hot water two days in a row.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"OK Hotel but not more than 1 night"
I stayed 2 nights and should've checked out after the 1st. The bed was small and very uncomfortable. It didn't cost much but I've paid the same rate at much nicer hotels so this was not worth my money. The breakfast was good and that's the reason I give it a 2. I definitely would not stay here by choice again. That would have to be the absolute last resort.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Shaun
"Conveniently located and reasonably priced."
Help was polite. Rooms are older and dhow the wear.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Ok hotel for cheap"
Wasn't expecting anything fancy, room was clean and comfortable enough, staff was quick with check in and check out.
1 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2014
"Had to change the sheets!"
Smelled extremely smoky in lobby. Nice customer service person. Cigarette burns in '70s style bedspread and blanket. Questionable cleanliness of sheets. Went to lobby for a fresh set. Burn holes in chair. Loud yappy dog across the hall. Best that can be said is it was close to the airport.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Really!
The room smelled like cigarets but otherwise was clean. Hotel well maintained for being an older property. Staff friendly, service oriented.Thank you!
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Triathlete in town"
Great location for the Grand Rapids Tri. Close to the Airport, Packet Pick up and location stores. Basic rooms with no fluff.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Sam
Service was wonderful and the team was very friendly and helpful in a time it was most needed for me and my family.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Clarence
"Ok Stay"
For the price, the hotel stay was as expected. The complimentary breakfast was abysmal.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
T
"Inexpensive, but clean"
We decided last minute to stay overnight, so we wanted a cheap, but clean hotel. The reviews were decent & the price was good. The front staff was pleasant. The room was clean. The only complaints would be the TV was old (picture was grainy), the towels were a little scratchy, and one of the pillows was more of a 1/2 pillow.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"The last time."
Had to change rooms first one had a very strong odor. Second room was fair. Expedia did not save me any money (secret Hotel) and after I found out which hotel is was it was to late. I blame Expedia for not providing fair information about the location. Young adults gathered outside the hotel and that was some what intimidating.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Mr.
"Good room for the price"
Hotel looks rough from the outside but my room was clean and for the price was well worth the money. Would stay here again
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
Ben
"Good room reasonable rates..."
Room was clean, staff pleasant, breakfast okay. Good basic room.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Carla
"Okay hotel for one night stay"
Okay hotel for one night stay. Didn't even get a spare bath towel !! Don't expect much from the 'continental' breakfast.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
"close to Grand Rapids, good price"
Room was fine, clean, free wifi
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"Economical Choice"
About what you would expectfor a hotel in this class but stillworth the money spent for a place to sleep.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Jerry
"Close from I-96"
Clean room, cheap and nice staff. Free internet and breakfast. Only stayed one night but had no issues. Would stay there again for sure for the price and value.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
I was disappointed. The breakfast bar had frozen toaster waffles, cold cereal, white bread only for toast. The only thing we ate there was apples! It was very disappointing. It would have been nice to at least have had bagels or donuts, or make your only waffles, or hard boiled eggs I We went out for breakfast because we felt the food was not eatable! We will not return, at least not to that Super 8, again. I am planning a road trip to Kansas and the down to Springfield Mo. I hope they are not all alike!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"near airport"
Had a place to sleep-not on my return to list.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
"Outdated"
The mattresses and pillows need to be replaced! The carpets need a deep cleaning. Heat did not seem to regulate. Though it is non-smoking, it seemed to smell otherwise. The breakfast was highly lacking. The TV kept pixilating. The only positive was the staff was friendly.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Michigan traveler
"Dated"
We were on a College tour and needed a room for the night. Not wanting to spend a lot of money. Sadly, have spent less money and gotten better accommodations. HVAC was a nightmare to operate and needed heat right away as window was left open. Television selection was good but feed kept stopping. Thought it was our room until checked out the breakfast room. Worst selection of breakfast food. Mattresses need replacing and carpets seem to need a good shampooing. Will not stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Michigan Traveler
Good could hear room next to us talking & they were up late
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Kathi
"Poor"
Poor breakfast v bad Towel v bad quality Food v bad quality
7 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Amir khan
"Interesting"
If there is a room available at any other motel in the city of Grand Rapids take it! When I checked in, smugly the guy said: O you paid on line so that means that we will eventually get paid by them. His issue with the company I booked the room threw is not my problem. Then he gave me directions to my room as fast as he could say it. I guess that was supposed to confuse me.I am sure he was impressed with himself but my thought was wow what a small minded person, Who plays stupid games like that with the customers? What I'm saying is bad service at the motel (horrible)
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Brian W
"Over nite stay."
OK for the price. Hallways and stairs could be kept cleaner. Overall condition of the motel was a little rough, but can't complain too much for the cost and convenience.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Exactly as I expected"
I wasn't looking for a five-star hotel when I booked this - I just needed an inexpensive place to spend a couple of nights. It was perfect. I had easy access to places in Grand Rapids, a stationary bike in the "fitness center," and a small board room for our meeting (which was in bad shape when I showed up, but the staff cleaned it up very quickly). It was great for what I needed.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Karin
Helpful getting us two double beds quiet and great location
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
"never stay here"
never stay here
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2014
"Pleasant motel"
Friendly helpful staff, clean room.. The only negative I could find was that the cable tv reception was a little snowy... Not really worth mentioning but I would be willing to stay there again with no problems and will be recommending them... Also I got a great price when I booked it with hotels.com
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Hotel is easy access to I-96, easy to find."
My room was clean, except for the ventilation fan in the bathroom had no cover and a lot of dirt built up. The rest of the room was clean, bathroom was very small but had what you needed. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not stocked very well most things were gone by 730a. All in all for the cost I would say this was a 4+ on a scale of 1-5. I would go back.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Shawn
"horrible customer service"
The place itself is nice. The front desk employees were extremely rude and not helpful at all. They got mad I asked for a fork after 10 am to feed my son because that's when they quit serving breakfast and it only took 30 sec to grab. They said it would be the last and only time. Very unprofessional!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Asia
"Just o.k. not what I expected from Super 8."
I was stranded in Grand Rapids because of a snow storm. I chose this hotel because I have stayed at many Super 8's and have always had a good experience, nice rooms at a good price. The room was very small with dirty carpet. The television had few channels and was fuzzy. The bed was listed as a queen, but was barely a double. If my wife had been with me, it would have been a tight fit. The mattress was VERY uncomfortable and I could feel every spring. There was no way to control the heat/a.c. There was a switch on the wall, either on or off. The website said free continental breakfast, I was the first one down there and there were two containers of yogurt, a few waffles and some pre-packaged danish. No fruit to be found. I got some apple juice and it was full of floating debris. I did not drink it. there is a nice IHop down the road, I ate there. I was in a bad situation and was happy to have someplace to sleep other than my car. If I ever go there for pleasure, I will not stay at this hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
W
"Fine if you're looking for a cheap one night stay."
We needed a quick and cheap place to stay, and that's what we got. The room smelled like smoke and the bed was very uncomfortable. The comforter had cigarette burns and there was only one outlet that could be used to charge phones etc. We stayed here during a winter storm and we walk into the room and it felt like a sauna. That's great if you like that kind of thing but we prefer a room temperature room. The heating/cooling system was exactly that...either heat or AC. with that heat on all the way down, it didn't cool down. So with the AC on before bed, we woke up freezing. The heat temp dial didn't even have temps written on it.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Great room for a mom and dad to just get away in."
Had a relaxing evening with my wife. We had went out for dinner and decided to get a hotel for the night just to relax. Epedia found us a nice room close to our location and it included a full size hot tub in our room. We had a very good night. Sitting back relaxing in the hot tub and enjoyed the peace and quiet. No one bothered us at all.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Good value for the money"
All I needed was a hot shower, a quiet room, and a bed. The shower was good, the room was quiet and had a comfortable chair, the bed was adequate.
2 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
Luan Jackson
"Time off"
All went well and think rates are reasonable compared to others. Thanks keep up the good rates and I am a returner.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
lacbos2002
"Cheap, but you'll pay for it in other ways."
I stayed here a single night to avoid having to drive home in a recent winter storm. I just needed something cheap and close to work. I wasn't expecting a five star experience for my small amount of money. Most important note for future travelers: This hotel's wifi is horrid. You will pull much less than 1 mbps. I don't use the TV, but I had to rent from redbox because netflix was not an option here. Anyways, back to the "experience" of staying here. Upon arrival I was glared at by a woman behind the desk who couldn't have been more bored or annoyed by my presence, I could never tell which. She didn't welcome me at all. She also told me she had no rooms ready yet (an hour before check-in time.) I went back in 20 minutes later and got the room. The room itself was dated. Old TVs, old furniture, cheap mattress, but it was pretty flawlessly clean. The heat didn't seem to work though. The walls are also paper thin. I got to hear every argument and every shower of every guest anywhere near my room. I put up with it and went to bed. In the morning, two hours before checkout, the parking lot had not been touched all night. I spent an hour digging myself out and thankfully the guy behind the desk at check-out was better than the check in employee. The breakfast was a joke. Some bread, some thawed frozen waffles, coffee and juice. I left without having anything. I recommend you find another place with a slightly higher rate, rather than have to put up with a stay in this hotel.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Stephen
"Not a nice place"
The room was reasonably clean, but that is the only nice thing to say about this hotel. The staff was often outside smoking. The building maintenance was very poor. The parking lot and sidewalks were not cleared of snow
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
The bed was harder than sleeping on a hardwood floor. The key card entry door by the end of the hotel was broken as was the door lock itself. Not exactly safe and secure.incredibly uncomfortable.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Andy
"Low cost"
Room was cold and slow to heat up (even with thermostat set up to highest setting). Condition of bed and sheets, along with the cold, moved me to sleep in my clothes, shoes and coat on top of the bed. At 2 am it was finally warm enough to not need coat, but still stayed in clothes. Overall had a grungy feel, but all I needed was a place to stay before flying out early the next day, and as a cheapskate I got what I paid for.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
We love staying here! It's cheap and clean with a comfortable bed! They gave us a free KING size upgrade. It's close to TONS of shopping and restaurants. This is the second time we've stayed here and will stay again when in the area.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Becky
"Worth it for the price"
Stayed in a clean room located near the golf courses we played. Even the breakfast was OK. We'd stay again.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Ted M
"Aweful!! Stinks and crackheads!! oh No!"
Awful!! Never again!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Cj
"All we needed"
no-frills, no problems - quiet, clean, a little dingy looking outside but if that's the worst i can say....
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
This is not a luxury hotel by any means. However, the room and general facility was clean, the furnishings were in good shape, and everything worked. I just needed an inexpensive, but decent place to stay for the night, and this hotel fit the bill.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Very close to my exit and restaurants next door"
2nd time in a month I stayed there and I will continue to stay there when I am in the area.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2013
Easy to find. Friendly staff. Close to casino, I'd come back.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Chris Carland
"Not bad for price"
Not bad for the price. Hilton across the st is ten times better, though. It's obviously more pricey without a free breakfast, but worth it.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Nice for the price"
It was a nice place for the price. I felt safe there, my biggest concern. The rooms and community areas were clean. The only issue I had was the ice machine was out of order & they didn't offer any. Since I was staying in, "Beer City," I bought a six pack of Founder's but was only able to enjoy two because they got warm. The breakfast was really convenient.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013