All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
4855 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
"Pillow and a bed"
Convenient place to sleep due to flight cancelation. It was more then i expected for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Russ
"great one night stay"
King bed. Just there to sleep. Happy to find a very clean room.no frills. No shampoo in room. No breakfast. (But there was decent coffee) Got in late. Left early. Worth the low rate and will stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Ted
"You get what you pay for!"
Just giving honest ratings, no anger towards this hotel. I guess you get what you pay for. You can hear people talking at 2 in the morning in the lobby room. Carpet was dirty with dried up stains, it smelled moldy in the bathroom. Cold air coming from window plus smell of smokers. The plus tho its near everything (Target, starbucks, ihop, etc) so escape from the motel when you can
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Kulsoom H
"Safe and clean but NOT luxurious"
What they had to work with was clean, but rooms were dated, floorboards scuffed up, doors to hallway were not well insulated so sounds from hallway were loud (although the hotel was not loud overall) Staff was professional, but not proactive.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"This place needs some proffessional cleaners!"
The microwave was disgusting looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years and when I asked for an extra pillow they they didn't have any. However, it was $50.00 a night so what do you expect The hotel staff were very nice.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
sarah
Nice Staff. Room condition was less than average. Convenient location.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Li
Asked for a handicapped room since both of us were handicap. Couldn't even take a shower cause we could not fit the wheel chair in the bathroom...very disappointing. Clerk tried to charge me $101.00 when checking out when it was paid for in advance. Customers behind me looked like I was trying to get out of paying my bill...I was totally embarrased
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Bare bones, but convenient to airport."
Motel 6 served its purpose for a place to shower and sleep. It was definitely a no frills experience. I feel like even Motel 6 could make an attempt to spruce up its facility to give its guests a more pleasant stay. We had asked for a wake-up call, but little did we know that the phone would not be working. We had a dead electrical plug in the room. My blanket had a hole in it and bedding was not fresh looking. The redeeming feature of this motel was its close proximity to the airport. More effort needs to be made to make this motel a desirable place to stay.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Elaine
"Okay if you aren't picky"
I stood at the front desk to check in for about 10 minutes knowing that there was someone in the mangers office. Hallway smelt. Bathroom is tiny. Bed is okay at best. I stayed for one night but wouldn't stay for more than one at a time
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"No amenities"
I've stayed here many times in the last 10 years but under the new management I will not stay here again. This is a no-amenities stay and the clientele is a noisy late night crowd. Is rather pay more for the peace and quiet and something other than coffee for breakfast (they used to have a continental breakfast for the same price)
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
katelin
"cheap rooms"
ok,but no shampoo or kleenex in room. Nice and clean,though.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Breakfast was advertised, there was a toaster and microwave, but nothing to put in them----only coffee
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
Efficient check-in, and convenient room. Easy to find at Patterson and 28th Street!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Could have been better."
The price was very good, but the mattress was extremely uncomfortable you were constantly reminded that it was an OLD innerspring mattress. Bathroom was very small, a closet with a tub & toilet in it. The place wasn't dirty per say just aged & in need of some TLC, the entrance of motel was overgrown & in definite need of care. Overall economics is the only reason we didn't move.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Nana
"Gathering place"
15 to twenty people gathered around front door smoking when we got to hotel at 10 pm. Felt very unsafe. Will never be back.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Will not stay here again"
This hotel was in a convenient location, but that is one of the only good things I can say about it. The room smelled horrible and was in desperate need of a makeover. If we had not pre-paid for five nights, we would have left and found somewhere else to stay.
5 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Stinky"
I was upgraded to a room with a spa. However, the hotel and room smelled aweful. The carpet was dirty so I kept my shoes on. The sheet didn't fit the mattress and the pillows were poor quality. The thing that bothered me the most was no security. The outside door that was supposed to be locked was open all night. I got in at midnight and practically ran to my room. Couldn't wait to leave in the morning.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"meijer gardens visit plus drop off aquinas bound k"
excellent value. we slept in late (after 10-check-out time is noon) so I can't comment on continental breakfast. room clean...needed 2 more pillows-Guy got us two pillows-no problem...we will stay here when we come to GR
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Rich Dyer
"Inexpensive alternative. Pet friendly."
Overall ok. Saved considerable money. I would stay again.
J
Very bad. Run down, dirty, smelly, tiny rooms and not maintained well.
"Clean and quiet."
When I booked, I didn't realize how close it was to the airport. Thankfully, it didn't turn out to be an issue. I didn't hear a single plane. The staff were nice and the rooms were clean. My only complaints are that mattresses could use an update and the toilet ran all night. I'd stay here again if I were on a tight budget.
Danielle
"Is this hotel that I booked still in business?"
When we pulled up to the hotel, I wasn't sure they were still open. It had long grass and overgrown weeds. There was grass coming up through the pavement. The lobby was dirty. They stairwell hadn't been vacuumed in months and wreaked of smoke. The worker in the lobby pointed to where breakfast was. He didn't acknowledge my husband or talk to him. How rude. The door squeaked at the top of the stairs where our room was. I heard it all night long as people came in and went to their rooms. Our room had been vacuumed and cleaned. But, we will never stay there again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Holly
"Ripped sheet on bed."
Poor condition. Top sheet on bed was ripped. Don't know how room passed inspection? Probably was no inspection. Won't stay here again. Hilton across the street would be a better option.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good Value"
The hotel and rooms may be a little outdated, but they are clean. Perfect for what we needed.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Rachel
"decent place at a great price"
This was a solid hotel for the price. Nothing fancy, but the room was in good shape, the complimentary internet in the breakfast room worked well, and the breakfast itself was OK. Good location also, on a major road just off the expressway with many stores and restaurants nearby, Would come back again.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Jim P.
"Decent"
Not the nicest place in the world but it was clean and in a convenient location. Fair for the price.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"For the Budget-conscious Traveler"
We were looking for a hotel on a budget, and this fit the price. Easy access to the highway, and lot of reasonably priced restaurants in the area. Don't look for a huge breakfast, but if you can deal with cereal, juice and toast or oatmeal, then this is a plus for you.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Toni
"shocking"
upon checking in and receiving our keys we received the wrong room only one bed, asking for two. He changed our room to two doubles at no charge. We left for diner and shopping gone 2hrs and came back to our room and found a do not disturb sign on our door and our keys did not work. The front desk let us in our room and found someone belongings in the room along with our personal belongings. To relocate a 3rd time now He put us in another room for free. The air conditioner in the room was extremely noisy but couldn't accommodate a new room because the hotel was fully booked. I spoke with the manager in the morning and all we received was a apology....and to contact hotels.com to get my credit back....this really is invasion of my privacy and ticked me off !!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
nanci
"Not bad for the price"
Overall for the price accommodations were good. The help weren't the most talkative folk but it was clean and convent
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
No hot water two days in a row.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"OK Hotel but not more than 1 night"
I stayed 2 nights and should've checked out after the 1st. The bed was small and very uncomfortable. It didn't cost much but I've paid the same rate at much nicer hotels so this was not worth my money. The breakfast was good and that's the reason I give it a 2. I definitely would not stay here by choice again. That would have to be the absolute last resort.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Shaun
"Conveniently located and reasonably priced."
Help was polite. Rooms are older and dhow the wear.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Ok hotel for cheap"
Wasn't expecting anything fancy, room was clean and comfortable enough, staff was quick with check in and check out.
1 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2014
"Had to change the sheets!"
Smelled extremely smoky in lobby. Nice customer service person. Cigarette burns in '70s style bedspread and blanket. Questionable cleanliness of sheets. Went to lobby for a fresh set. Burn holes in chair. Loud yappy dog across the hall. Best that can be said is it was close to the airport.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Really!
The room smelled like cigarets but otherwise was clean. Hotel well maintained for being an older property. Staff friendly, service oriented.Thank you!
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Triathlete in town"
Great location for the Grand Rapids Tri. Close to the Airport, Packet Pick up and location stores. Basic rooms with no fluff.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Sam
Service was wonderful and the team was very friendly and helpful in a time it was most needed for me and my family.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Clarence
"Ok Stay"
For the price, the hotel stay was as expected. The complimentary breakfast was abysmal.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
T
"Inexpensive, but clean"
We decided last minute to stay overnight, so we wanted a cheap, but clean hotel. The reviews were decent & the price was good. The front staff was pleasant. The room was clean. The only complaints would be the TV was old (picture was grainy), the towels were a little scratchy, and one of the pillows was more of a 1/2 pillow.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"The last time."
Had to change rooms first one had a very strong odor. Second room was fair. Expedia did not save me any money (secret Hotel) and after I found out which hotel is was it was to late. I blame Expedia for not providing fair information about the location. Young adults gathered outside the hotel and that was some what intimidating.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Mr.
"Good room for the price"
Hotel looks rough from the outside but my room was clean and for the price was well worth the money. Would stay here again
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
Ben
"Good room reasonable rates..."
Room was clean, staff pleasant, breakfast okay. Good basic room.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Carla
"Okay hotel for one night stay"
Okay hotel for one night stay. Didn't even get a spare bath towel !! Don't expect much from the 'continental' breakfast.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
"close to Grand Rapids, good price"
Room was fine, clean, free wifi
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"Economical Choice"
About what you would expectfor a hotel in this class but stillworth the money spent for a place to sleep.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Jerry
"Close from I-96"
Clean room, cheap and nice staff. Free internet and breakfast. Only stayed one night but had no issues. Would stay there again for sure for the price and value.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
I was disappointed. The breakfast bar had frozen toaster waffles, cold cereal, white bread only for toast. The only thing we ate there was apples! It was very disappointing. It would have been nice to at least have had bagels or donuts, or make your only waffles, or hard boiled eggs I We went out for breakfast because we felt the food was not eatable! We will not return, at least not to that Super 8, again. I am planning a road trip to Kansas and the down to Springfield Mo. I hope they are not all alike!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"near airport"
Had a place to sleep-not on my return to list.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
"Outdated"
The mattresses and pillows need to be replaced! The carpets need a deep cleaning. Heat did not seem to regulate. Though it is non-smoking, it seemed to smell otherwise. The breakfast was highly lacking. The TV kept pixilating. The only positive was the staff was friendly.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Michigan traveler
"Dated"
We were on a College tour and needed a room for the night. Not wanting to spend a lot of money. Sadly, have spent less money and gotten better accommodations. HVAC was a nightmare to operate and needed heat right away as window was left open. Television selection was good but feed kept stopping. Thought it was our room until checked out the breakfast room. Worst selection of breakfast food. Mattresses need replacing and carpets seem to need a good shampooing. Will not stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014