All hotels in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America
616 33rd Ave S.W., I-380 Exit 17, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52404, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
"Do Not GO"
Scary
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We thank you for your stay with us and are sorry to see that you felt unsafe at our hotel. We have staff available at all times to help with any safety concerns as well as video security, keyed entrances and a locked lobby after midnight.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Howard Johnsom
"Don't book here"
Worst dump I've ever stayed in. I had fond memories of HoJo's from road trips as a kid and since I was just passing through on my way south I took price over my own better judgment. I'm not a germophobe or neat freak but this place offended even my lenient sensibilities. It smelled bad, the floor was warped, the side table had some sort of sticky spill on it, and the shower would not drain. I slept on top of a towel on top of the comforter and used a travel pillow I had with me. I cringed every time I touched the tv remote. And the "free breakfast" the next morning everything to be desired, including the worst sip of coffee I have ever put in my mouth. I begged the clerk at a coffee shop to rescue my tastebuds after racing there. The clerk at check-in was pleasant enough but he should have warned me off. And the women in the morning were more interested in their conversation than in helping me. Won't do it again.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was unpleasant. We strive to make sure everyone's needs are met while at our hotel. Please know the issues have been taken seriously and will be addressed. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
M. White
Terrible weather but staff remained calm and as usual great. No electric my last day of stay due to weather, will be booking again.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your kind feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Lu Thoman
"Disappointed when we saw it."
When we saw the sign pointing towards it, we saw this beautiful hotel straight ahead but when we lowered our gaze, it was the dumpy, dingy hotel in front of the beautiful hotel. It was old, and needs an upgrade on the outside for sure. When I called the hotel days earlier, they answer the phone "Welcome to the newly remodeled Howard Johnson's" but we saw no sign of any remodeling. It was disappointing. The bed was lumpy and squeaked when you sat down on it. The windows had gotten moisture inside the panes so were fogged up and never able to look out the one and the curtain was water stained. Some of the hotel staff were outside the back door talking and smoking also where alot of guests enter.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We apologize that you had an unsatisfactory stay. Steps have been taken to address the issues you experienced.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Traveler
"Reasonable price"
This was a fine place to stay for the price.... I would go back again if needed.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for stay with us. We hope to see you agaiin soon.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
The overnight staff was rude and argumentative. I would never stay here again.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. This issue has been addressed and will not happen in the future. We hope you will give our hotel another chance in the future.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"HoJo Cedar Rapids IA"
Decent place. Good breakfast. Wish idiots wouldn't smoke in bed (& burn a hole in the blanket).
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable."
The room was clean and looked nice, it was just a little dated and had a few very minor issues that could use attention. For instance, there was a receptacle that had a splitter plugged into the upper half because the lower one wouldn't hold a plug securely. It could be fixed in minutes by an electrician (I am one, so I know), but someone decided to use the splitter instead. The staff was friendly enough, the bed and pillows were clean and comfortable enough, especially if you like a somewhat firm mattress. There was a mini fridge in my room, which was nice to have. I found it a pleasant enough place to stay if you're not looking for luxury and just need a nice place to land at the end of the day. It was good for what I paid.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us. We have looked into your concerns and have taken steps to correct the issue. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Sleep from a drive"
Smaller than I am use to, noisy out side, we got our sleep but I would hate to stay for a long period of time
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us. We apoligize for any noise issues you may have experienced as that is not the norm for our property. We hope that if in the area you will give us another chance to meet your lodging expectations.
Other trip May 26, 2014
gus
"OK hotel"
The hotel was adequate. I choose it because it was the closest one to Iowa City that had rooms available at a reasonable price, and was close to the Interstate
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Low rate but smelled"
The hotel smelled very bad, and the other guests were quite unruly. It was very cheap though.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. Steps have been taken to make sure your concerns have been addressed. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
"Great evening stop"
Although the room was somewhat small, it was clean and the night we stayed was quiet. I was a bit concerned because I have pet allergies and desk staff (not the most friendly) could not give us a pet free room. But had no problems. Would stay again for a quick nights sleep in route.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we hope to see you on your next travel.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Marie
Good place to stay and great staff. I stay here very frequently while working in Cedar Rapids
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We are happy to see you have had a pleasant experience while staying with us. We thank you and hope to continue to have your loyalty.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Not fancy, but adequate and a good price."
I only needed a place to sleep at a low price, and this hotel provided it. The TVs weren't HDTVs which was a little surprising, but I didn't have much time for TV anyway. The beds were comfortable, and the price was right. The free breakfast was OK, with what you usually expect. There was nothing fancy about the room, but it was adequate.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to be upgrading our TV's soon
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Not too happy with this Howard Johnson hotel."
My stay started off as a disaster when my reservation was not received. The bed was very uncomfortable, the bath towels were dingy, and the face towels were dirty. I will never stay in that hotel again when I return to Cedar Rapids.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us. We apoligize for any issues you may have experienced and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
Grover Scanlan
"Needs better pillows"
Close to where I needed to be. Good enough.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Cheap..."
We booked using the secret deal. The room was small but clean. The bed was hard but it was a place to sleep while we were in Cedar Rapids for an event.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Nicole
"Keep in mind how much you pay for a hotel"
The hotel rate I got was a bargain. Unlike most people (who expect five-star accommodations for a one-star price), I have realistic expectations, and the hotel more than met them. When I arrived, the desk assistant was scrubbing the floors in an already clean area. I found that there would be an early-morning selection of a few carb items for me, an unexpected benefit. I simply want a clean bed to sleep in, a few electrical plugs, a means of showering in the morning, comfortable air climate control, and no bugs. I got all of that...and for a great price. There was a McDonald's across the parking lot, a good Chinese buffet nearby, a Perkin's just a couple of streets away, and easy access to gas at Casey's. I was at the airport in under twenty minutes despite it snowing. My only problem with the stay was the room was billed as "non-smoking" but definitely had been smoked in.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your kindness and hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"Close to the event i was going to."
The beds were very hard. I hardly slept a wink. The tv picture was not the best and my sons tablet was not working with your WIFI but my laptop was.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
I was very happy with my stay I had got stuck there a extra night and they worked with me on a good price very happy thank you katie
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
katie howell
"Was noisy...could her neighboring tv all night"
Was fine for what we needed
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
"Very nice for the price"
This hotel is older, but very well maintained. I used the meeting room, which was very reasonably priced. The front desk staff, both during check in and during my meeting was extremely helpful. The room was small, but had both a microwave and fridge.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Never Again"
I felt like I was living in a cave. Housekeeping did not care what condition the bed was in after it supposedly cleaned the room. The comforter to the bed was nasty with stains from who knows what so I asked housekeeping to change it. Touching the remote control to the TV put your life in danger due to its filth. The towels were like sand paper and the bedding was old. The staff was nice though and there were free USA Today newspapers. Don't expect the WSJ. This is definitely not the place.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and have taken steps to correct these issues. We strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and hope you will return again.
4 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Oh No
We just needed a place to stay the night before the Iowa vs Michigan football game. We checked into hotel around 11 pm and checked out 8:30 am. Desk clerk both times were very friendly and efficient. Hotel lobby was very clean. Our room was small but, we were only sleeping there for the night.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Breakfast is very minimal and rooms are VERY small. Beds are old and uncomfortable.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Affordable"
standard room with mini fridge which was nice. Nothing fancy but the heater looked to be quite dirty and I opted not to even turn it on.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for staying with us. We have looked into your concerns and the issue has been corrected.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
rychard
"Good value and central location"
The staff was great and very friendly!
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
5 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Gil J
"Cheap but dirty"
This hotel was run down and dirty. But probably a fair price for it's condition.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Doug
I got sucked in to the 40% off but you don't know the hotel name until you hit send. It was cheap and I got 6 hours of sleep but I don't think i'll chance the "pay first learn about your room after" deal again. The advertised rate was like $31.00 and then they added like $10.00 for misc charges. I thought maybe it would be a deal because the expedia add listed the possible hotels.....La Quinta, etc etc. If it sounds to good to be true, be prepaired.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Rude staff"
The manager Monica Adair was rude and just walked in to my room with out knocking and caught me in the nude and before my check out time and then she came back telling me it was time to go and I needed to leave now when it was only 5 min after check out then I had when to the front and she was just as rude to me again then went back that night to see how they would deal with that and the front desk was rude as well idk her name and she was rude then talked to Monica on the phone and she said it was my fault she was a rude and she didn't need to apologize for being that way cause I was 5 min late checking out will never b back to that hotel or any of the Howard Johnson inn again in defiantly calling corporate today
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Texas Guy
"Well recommended!"
The staff was beyond friendly! Always a smile to be found in the Ho-Jo hallways. That was much appreciated.......the hotel is older, but it is very clean and quiet. The on/off from the highway, and surrounding areas were very easy. I will be back in the near future, and would recommend this HoJo to anyone looking for a well-cared for bargain!
2 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
"Needs upkeeping"
The bed linens were threadbare and wrinkled. TV was CRT. The continental breakfast was adequate if you arrived early. There was the odor of tobacco smoke in the hallway. On the positive side, there was a refrigerator and a microwave. And the room was clean enough, if not a bit in need of upkeep. Generally, you get what you pay for.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
We were looking for a hotel close to Iowa City for 2 nights. The rooms are small, but plenty of room for 2 adults.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Good for overnight stay"
Stayed here on way to a football game. We stayed in two rooms and for the decent room rates we were very pleased! Don't understand all the bad reviews this motel has received, yes the rooms were small and yes you could smell a faint oder of smoke in halls but everything was clean. The breakfast was very good. It is not a Hilton but sure was very nive for the price!
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your positive feeback and staying with us . We hope to see you again in the future
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
mavis
"Good rates."
Our stay was fine. The room was clean, we had plenty of pillows, and comfortable beds. I understood from the site advertisement there were microwaves in the rooms, there are not. We requested a working remote and the one poor girl working alone there the whole time we stayed TRIED unsuccessfully to get us a working remote. :( BUT I was not there to watch tv so the annoyance was minimal.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Chele
"A decent backup place when nothing else is availab"
When we first arrived, I was a bit intimidated by some of the seedy characters hanging outside, but we had no choice to stay because all other areas places were sold out and we did not want to drive further looking for a place. Once inside we found it acceptable and took the attitude that it was only for 1 night! The room was bare bone basic and we found the mattresses to be lumpy and uncomfortabel but everything else in the room was fine and clean. We were not aware of having a complimentary breakfast available which was fine and made up for our initial apprehension. Would i stay there again? Only if nothing else in the area is available!
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your stay with us.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Best Customer Service"
For what they lacked in style and services they made up with there fabulous customer service. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and willing to help me with any questions or concerns I had
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Lauren
"Great Value!!"
Free breakfast, free WiFi, pet-friendly, clean, comfy beds, hot showers, good location, great price. What more could you ask for??
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Little hard to find, but worth a stay."
The hotel is older and you can tell. But you can tell they are trying to keep her up and maintain her. Needs a renovation. I'd stay there again no problem.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback and stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"trip to the Lincoln library"
We had a great stay here. Everyone was very helpful, and the rooms were prefect for us.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2013
barb in St. Paul
"ROOM 144"
A NO SMOKING ROOM THAT HAD CIGARETTE BURNS ON COMFORTER COMFORTOR WAS FILTHY AND PILLOW CASES HAD STAINS ON THEM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS HOTEL AND WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if your stay was not pleasant. We are following up on your concerns and they will be addressed and corrected.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke"
Only 10 rooms on one end of the hotel were smoking rooms, yet even the non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke. It seems the ventilation system needs a major overhaul or maybe furniture has been moved from smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms. Either way I tried two different rooms with the second room located farther away from the smoking rooms. But, both rooms smelled like cigarette smoke. The tile in the bathroom was looks and wobbling and the grout was missing in several areas.
Response by Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport
We apologize for the issues with the smoke smell you experienced during your stay. We have taken steps to correct this issue and any housekeeping errors made in your room.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"good value"
air conditioner a bit noisy, but everything else was fine. Comp b-fast very basic.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Gerald
"You get what you pay for."
Cant expect a lot for the price, and you dont get a lot with this motel.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Look it is cheap."
The only reason to stay here is because it is cheap or if you smoke. Apparently smoking is allowed in some hotels a surprise to me. The room was non smoking but really smelled of cigarettes. Pretty stomach turning to me. The room was a little worn and mold on the shower curtain. The air worked great and it was almost 100 degrees when we stayed and I slept fine, no noise issues. I didn't expect much for the price though. $100 for 2 nights, pretty cheap.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Ok hotel at a respectable price."
Good quality hotel for the price level. Served it's purpose well as a reasonable comfortable, affordable, overnight stop on a longer trip.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Okay only and just barely okay."
The night clerk was so helpful and polite considering we were tired and weary travelers. I thank Howard Johnson's so much for hiring someone like her. The room was small but okay. Average cleanliness. The location behind another hotel and next to a Mcdonalds restaurant made it hard to get to the HJ hotel. The hotel does not look very good from the outside with all the room size air conditions protruding from the walls of each room on the outside of the building. The inside So the rooms are small but "just okay" in decoration. We did not see any bed bugs are anything like that.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
lyne and Ken
"better thanexpected for the price"
low cost hotel, lots of restaurants, stores in area, great staff
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2013
enigma
"Howard Johnson"
For what I paid it was a perfectly fine experience. The breakfast included cold cereal and milk, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oranges, and bagels.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Cindy
"Good rates, staff friendly"
Staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is old and needs updating. Bed was comfortable, all mechanicals worked but the air conditioner must be on or off, no automatic room temperature control. AC VERY noisey. Room rate extemely reasonable, reason we stayed there.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013