All hotels in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here616 33rd Ave S.W., I-380 Exit 17, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52404, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
"Not too happy with this Howard Johnson hotel."
My stay started off as a disaster when my reservation was not received. The bed was very uncomfortable, the bath towels were dingy, and the face towels were dirty. I will never stay in that hotel again when I return to Cedar Rapids.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
Grover Scanlan
"Needs better pillows"
Close to where I needed to be. Good enough.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Cheap..."
We booked using the secret deal. The room was small but clean. The bed was hard but it was a place to sleep while we were in Cedar Rapids for an event.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Nicole
"Keep in mind how much you pay for a hotel"
The hotel rate I got was a bargain. Unlike most people (who expect five-star accommodations for a one-star price), I have realistic expectations, and the hotel more than met them. When I arrived, the desk assistant was scrubbing the floors in an already clean area. I found that there would be an early-morning selection of a few carb items for me, an unexpected benefit. I simply want a clean bed to sleep in, a few electrical plugs, a means of showering in the morning, comfortable air climate control, and no bugs. I got all of that...and for a great price. There was a McDonald's across the parking lot, a good Chinese buffet nearby, a Perkin's just a couple of streets away, and easy access to gas at Casey's. I was at the airport in under twenty minutes despite it snowing. My only problem with the stay was the room was billed as "non-smoking" but definitely had been smoked in.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"Close to the event i was going to."
The beds were very hard. I hardly slept a wink. The tv picture was not the best and my sons tablet was not working with your WIFI but my laptop was.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
I was very happy with my stay I had got stuck there a extra night and they worked with me on a good price very happy thank you katie
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
katie howell
"Was noisy...could her neighboring tv all night"
Was fine for what we needed
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
"Very nice for the price"
This hotel is older, but very well maintained. I used the meeting room, which was very reasonably priced. The front desk staff, both during check in and during my meeting was extremely helpful. The room was small, but had both a microwave and fridge.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Never Again"
I felt like I was living in a cave. Housekeeping did not care what condition the bed was in after it supposedly cleaned the room. The comforter to the bed was nasty with stains from who knows what so I asked housekeeping to change it. Touching the remote control to the TV put your life in danger due to its filth. The towels were like sand paper and the bedding was old. The staff was nice though and there were free USA Today newspapers. Don't expect the WSJ. This is definitely not the place.
4 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Oh No
We just needed a place to stay the night before the Iowa vs Michigan football game. We checked into hotel around 11 pm and checked out 8:30 am. Desk clerk both times were very friendly and efficient. Hotel lobby was very clean. Our room was small but, we were only sleeping there for the night.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Breakfast is very minimal and rooms are VERY small. Beds are old and uncomfortable.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Affordable"
standard room with mini fridge which was nice. Nothing fancy but the heater looked to be quite dirty and I opted not to even turn it on.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
rychard
"Good value and central location"
The staff was great and very friendly!
5 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Gil J
"Cheap but dirty"
This hotel was run down and dirty. But probably a fair price for it's condition.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Doug
I got sucked in to the 40% off but you don't know the hotel name until you hit send. It was cheap and I got 6 hours of sleep but I don't think i'll chance the "pay first learn about your room after" deal again. The advertised rate was like $31.00 and then they added like $10.00 for misc charges. I thought maybe it would be a deal because the expedia add listed the possible hotels.....La Quinta, etc etc. If it sounds to good to be true, be prepaired.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Rude staff"
The manager Monica Adair was rude and just walked in to my room with out knocking and caught me in the nude and before my check out time and then she came back telling me it was time to go and I needed to leave now when it was only 5 min after check out then I had when to the front and she was just as rude to me again then went back that night to see how they would deal with that and the front desk was rude as well idk her name and she was rude then talked to Monica on the phone and she said it was my fault she was a rude and she didn't need to apologize for being that way cause I was 5 min late checking out will never b back to that hotel or any of the Howard Johnson inn again in defiantly calling corporate today
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
Texas Guy
"Well recommended!"
The staff was beyond friendly! Always a smile to be found in the Ho-Jo hallways. That was much appreciated.......the hotel is older, but it is very clean and quiet. The on/off from the highway, and surrounding areas were very easy. I will be back in the near future, and would recommend this HoJo to anyone looking for a well-cared for bargain!
2 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
"Needs upkeeping"
The bed linens were threadbare and wrinkled. TV was CRT. The continental breakfast was adequate if you arrived early. There was the odor of tobacco smoke in the hallway. On the positive side, there was a refrigerator and a microwave. And the room was clean enough, if not a bit in need of upkeep. Generally, you get what you pay for.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
We were looking for a hotel close to Iowa City for 2 nights. The rooms are small, but plenty of room for 2 adults.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Good for overnight stay"
Stayed here on way to a football game. We stayed in two rooms and for the decent room rates we were very pleased! Don't understand all the bad reviews this motel has received, yes the rooms were small and yes you could smell a faint oder of smoke in halls but everything was clean. The breakfast was very good. It is not a Hilton but sure was very nive for the price!
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
mavis
"Good rates."
Our stay was fine. The room was clean, we had plenty of pillows, and comfortable beds. I understood from the site advertisement there were microwaves in the rooms, there are not. We requested a working remote and the one poor girl working alone there the whole time we stayed TRIED unsuccessfully to get us a working remote. :( BUT I was not there to watch tv so the annoyance was minimal.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Chele
"A decent backup place when nothing else is availab"
When we first arrived, I was a bit intimidated by some of the seedy characters hanging outside, but we had no choice to stay because all other areas places were sold out and we did not want to drive further looking for a place. Once inside we found it acceptable and took the attitude that it was only for 1 night! The room was bare bone basic and we found the mattresses to be lumpy and uncomfortabel but everything else in the room was fine and clean. We were not aware of having a complimentary breakfast available which was fine and made up for our initial apprehension. Would i stay there again? Only if nothing else in the area is available!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Best Customer Service"
For what they lacked in style and services they made up with there fabulous customer service. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and willing to help me with any questions or concerns I had
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Lauren
"Great Value!!"
Free breakfast, free WiFi, pet-friendly, clean, comfy beds, hot showers, good location, great price. What more could you ask for??
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Little hard to find, but worth a stay."
The hotel is older and you can tell. But you can tell they are trying to keep her up and maintain her. Needs a renovation. I'd stay there again no problem.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"trip to the Lincoln library"
We had a great stay here. Everyone was very helpful, and the rooms were prefect for us.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2013
barb in St. Paul
"ROOM 144"
A NO SMOKING ROOM THAT HAD CIGARETTE BURNS ON COMFORTER COMFORTOR WAS FILTHY AND PILLOW CASES HAD STAINS ON THEM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS HOTEL AND WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke"
Only 10 rooms on one end of the hotel were smoking rooms, yet even the non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke. It seems the ventilation system needs a major overhaul or maybe furniture has been moved from smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms. Either way I tried two different rooms with the second room located farther away from the smoking rooms. But, both rooms smelled like cigarette smoke. The tile in the bathroom was looks and wobbling and the grout was missing in several areas.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"good value"
air conditioner a bit noisy, but everything else was fine. Comp b-fast very basic.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Gerald
"You get what you pay for."
Cant expect a lot for the price, and you dont get a lot with this motel.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Look it is cheap."
The only reason to stay here is because it is cheap or if you smoke. Apparently smoking is allowed in some hotels a surprise to me. The room was non smoking but really smelled of cigarettes. Pretty stomach turning to me. The room was a little worn and mold on the shower curtain. The air worked great and it was almost 100 degrees when we stayed and I slept fine, no noise issues. I didn't expect much for the price though. $100 for 2 nights, pretty cheap.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Ok hotel at a respectable price."
Good quality hotel for the price level. Served it's purpose well as a reasonable comfortable, affordable, overnight stop on a longer trip.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Okay only and just barely okay."
The night clerk was so helpful and polite considering we were tired and weary travelers. I thank Howard Johnson's so much for hiring someone like her. The room was small but okay. Average cleanliness. The location behind another hotel and next to a Mcdonalds restaurant made it hard to get to the HJ hotel. The hotel does not look very good from the outside with all the room size air conditions protruding from the walls of each room on the outside of the building. The inside So the rooms are small but "just okay" in decoration. We did not see any bed bugs are anything like that.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
lyne and Ken
"better thanexpected for the price"
low cost hotel, lots of restaurants, stores in area, great staff
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2013
enigma
"Howard Johnson"
For what I paid it was a perfectly fine experience. The breakfast included cold cereal and milk, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oranges, and bagels.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Cindy
"Good rates, staff friendly"
Staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is old and needs updating. Bed was comfortable, all mechanicals worked but the air conditioner must be on or off, no automatic room temperature control. AC VERY noisey. Room rate extemely reasonable, reason we stayed there.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Jean
"Good price, nice people."
I simply needed a place to stay that wasn't incredibly expensive. It was a good price comparatively and the lady at the front desk was very helpful. It isn't a luxury hotel it is the basics and that worked for me.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
Ben
"Not what I expected"
Our stay was for 7 nights. The room my husband and I checked into never did cool off. Staff was wonderful about putting us in another room. The air worked great but the beds left a lot to be desired. My bed, well, the mattress was too low at the head. I dealt with it by folding the bedspread across the top. The shower head looked promising but didn't deliver much pressure. A continental breakfast was available but the cereal and donuts were stale.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Nikki
"drive is a little hard to find"
room was a little dirty in the corners but was quite.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"Predicable"
Predictable facilities and rooms. Staff were very helpful.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
It's a cheap hotel - if you are looking for a room right off the interstate this is it. Walls are thin, toilet seat was broken (but functional). Room was what you should expect for the price and the continental breakfast was fine.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"It is what it is for the price we paid."
The rooms look like a corner spare basement bedroom. We called the front desk for towels and never got anyone to pick up. We then went up to the front desk and nobody was there either. Sheets had stains. Heard a women constantly shouting at her children. Apparently people live in the hotel. My wife and I have never stayed at a HoJo's before. We went with no expectation and we're glad we didn't. Plenty of other choices next time.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
JPH
"Fair Hotel for the price. Very old including the"
The furnishings were old and worn. The staff was friendly and very helpful with directions etc.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"good people bad beds"
everything was good except the beds they were not of good quality and due for a update, staff and everything was fine and would stay again
3 night trip Jun 28, 2013
darcy
I like the room just need more plugins to charge your cell phones.If you have more than 1 person with you it doesn't help with only 1 plugin .I also i wanted 2 beds and i got 1 full size bed
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Kimberly
"Awful Birthday Present"
Stains on the bedding and walls, hot and uncomfortable, dirty hallways and smelly rooms
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
The shower was broken when we told someone they came up to look but didn't fix anything. Then the picture above the bed fell on my sisters head while she was laying there. The building smelled horrible and the bed spreads where stained.
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2013
Samantha
"Nice for price"
My room was comfortable and great for my needs. I had a double bed, so fine for 1, but would be too small for a couple. I liked the room with the MW and fridge. Breakfast was above average. Hotel was close to probably the best Chinese/ sushi restaurant in city. Overall, good hotel, good location.
3 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
Julia P
"A night stay for early flight"
The hotel is in good location. There is many restaurants near by. McDonald is next to the hotel. The room is very small but clean. The lady at front desk is very nice and helpful. There are fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and iron in room. Free wifi and continental breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Kiwi
"hotel was close to the interstate hyway"
The check-in staff was very kind and helpful explained the wifi set up, best to access our room. Entering the room we were slapped in the face with a Musty smell like the room had been unoccupied for a long time. We turned on the air conditioner went to the car for our bottle of air freshener, sprayed the room heavy and left for dinner. The bathroom were small for my taste the coffee pot was dusty and dirty. The Breakfast was a half hour late is getting set up so got a late start on the day
Other trip Jun 17, 2013