All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America

2.7
    2.2
    2.5
"Ghetto"
Clean but light in restroom wasn't working
1 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Brandon
"Booking due to name only.....don't do it, review"
Well.....where do I Start. The staff, EXCELLENT people. The outside neighborhood, not so great. The hotel, renovation signs up due to noise and construction. No pets signs up, yet, someone has a big dog in one of the rooms that barks a lot between 3am until 6am. The parking lot, has not been cleaned in a LONG time. The laundry area, it is broken.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2015
The only good thing about the room was literally that the bed was comfortable. However, during my 4 nights there, I found 2 large roaches, only twice did room service come to my room, and the hallway always had a musty smell to it. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
5 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Pro
There was no locks on our window even though we were on the 2nd FL that shouldn't matter, there were hypodermic needles in the parking lot, and on the back side of the hotel where our view was. Alot of loitering by people they might have been guests but they didn't look like it. The hotel is undergoing renovation so our first room didn't have hot water. The beds were comfortable and clean
2 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"NEVER, EVER STAY HERE!!!"
Never Stay Here! You have been warned. I've stayed there twice years apart and both times it was very bad. One time I was in a no-smoking room but smoke from other rooms came into the room constantly through the vents. The other time the hotel made us leave when they called the police when we dared to complain about their service. Any company that uses the police as their service desk should be scorned and boycotted!
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Terrible service... DIRTY"
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Just go and see.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Not really what i Expected"
My stay was all right the room was awkwardly set up but, the bed super comfy. when i came back to the room one day i try sliding my card and it flashed a red light at me instead of green trying many times to get in and still couldnt. i went to the desk the lady just "assumed" i was sliding it the wrong way while still talking on her phone. so instead of picking a fight i walked away i saw my husband walking up wondering where i was and he was able to let me in. that wasn't the first time i had problem with the key card and not the last time i had to talk to that lady (who was always on her phone). the morning breakfast is alright if you only like waffles and low graded cereal. with little muffins that are dry. thus leading me to buy food that was actually edible and good. the hotel is under renovation and the hallways smelled like urine . (the starways at least). so i have to stay it was alright but i will not be staying here again as long as i live and im 22 (thats going to be awhile).
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"A solo stay in Austin"
The main problem I had with the Howard Johnson in was the roaches. For some odd reason there was roaches in every room that they move me to and they had to move me to three different rooms. I wouldn't recommend to stay for a family but as me being on the road by myself it wasn't too bad, but I could've done a lot better.
6 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Bernel
"Worst Hotel Ever."
By Far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The night clerk was some what dispassionate about his job, just bordering on rude. Had to take a cold shower each morning as they apparantly ran out of hot water. If this is indicative of Howard Johnson, then this was the first and will be the last time that I ever patronize this particular hotel chain. Given the rating, and price point, I didn't expect much, but this was well below my already low expectations for this establishment.
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
"Nightmare!!!!!!"
The worst hotel I've ever been too. Customer service was horrible. The smell of the hotel was gross, are room was not ready after check in time. The evening came around and we felt very unsafe. This hotel is being used for drug AND prostitution activity. When we got to our room there were roaches everywhere. That's when WE decided to pack up and get out. By midnight we were looking for a hotel to stay in. It was a waste of money. We paid to stay in a room for a few hours and left. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!! Even if the room was free.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Not very nice"
It's a step up from sleeping in the car is about all.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Very rude lady works at the front desk, that staff was never at the desk when you needed her. Did not know how to treat guest with decency, should not be working in the service industry. Spend all her time chatting with people outside. Just made the experience unnecessarily miserable.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
there was construction so the place was a mess I stayed in a room that was supposed to be remodeled but everything was falling apart-LITERALLY
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Hotel is under construction but even taking that into consideration it is a pretty big mess. Parking lot area is a bit shady as well. Room was clean and comfortable, no problems there. I think we were in a remodeled room and I'm not sure the bathroom was completely finished, but if it was they need to hire new tilers, pretty sloppy job there. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Not sure I would recommend the hotel but was cheapest in the area. Im sure you could do worse for the price.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Worst hotel ever!"
Hotel was disgusting. Customer service was non existent. Suspicious characters were throughout the hotel being disruptive. It smelled bad.there were roaches and ants.... HIGHLY satisfied
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
kristi
"super poor"
The worst hotel EVER! there were ants and roaches, the TV did work or even have a cord or remote control for it to work. It smelled AWFUL, it was OVERPRICED, the employees there were not inviting and didn't knie anything. They were not at the front deck majority of the time. The best thing there was the fsvt that the a/c was AWESOME. But I would have been better off sleeping in my car.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Poor quality rooms and overall ambiance"
Room had a lot of pungent bad smell almost to the extent that I wanted to throw up
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Jayakumar
DOWNSIDE: No hot water in the shower!! Room appeared unclean even if the housekeeper came to clean up... I guess it's the paint/interior. Saw some bugs in the room & bathroom!!! Smokers & drunk people around the area by the inn's entrance! UPSIDE: Staff is friendly! Request for cab didn't take too long...
6 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Room smells horrible, mold build up on the walls like the place had been in a flood .
3 night trip Jul 7, 2015
Major renovations going on and the place was a wreck!! After complaining they did bump me up to a rennovated room which was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Less than satisfactory upkeep with the cleanliness to overall room. No swimming pool. Vending machine out of water and soft drinks. Not worth the price. More of a $50 room not $75
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Kayla
"bad motel policys"
I paid for three days and asked for smoking the guy said open window cause nonsmokeing only availabilities. Then got kicked out after a chemotherapy session cause room smelled like smoke.they wouldn't let me wait for my ride. Put me out sick as a dog.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Bernadette
"Stay Away!"
If you like homeless people around the entrance to your hotel this is the perfect one for you, also front desk was rude and not helpful at all. Reserved a non smoking room a month in advance and all they had were smoking rooms when we tried to check in. Location was horrible, the whole place smelled and didn't seem safe. Will not ever stay in a Howard Johnson again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"HOWARD JOHNSON INN"
Hotel was under extensive renovations, and did not receive any sort of compensation for this. I.E. price break. Shower did not work properly. Breakfast closed too early. Many vending machines did not work.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Brandon
"Interesting stay"
We pulled up to a hotel that looks like people are living there. There was also construction going on Sunday afternoon! We had a non-smoking room but across the hall was smoking?? It was interesting, felt uncomfortable but whatever. It worked for the night because the place that I had to go to was right across the street.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"horrible hotel"
This hotel was horrible, especially the service in front desk the recepsionist was having bas attitude
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Will not stay here again, ever."
I would not recommend this this hotel to anyone. Althought the room was fairly clean, the area felt unsafe (especially since the police were responding to a call)
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Judy
"Only for a short stay.."
The place is a little beat up. The neighborhood is not nice. The workers are friendly, though. You should only stay if it's for a short one night stay, otherwise you will not want to be in your hotel room.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Horrible place"
when my mother and great grandmother was there. They had a broken door had to get Thor room key rescanned and there were roaches. Plus my frat grandmas paid cash for the room and they still charged my credit card and now I'm fighting with them to get my money back. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL
6 night trip May 13, 2015
Vikki
"PITTYFUL !!"
TOTALLY UPSET WITH THE ROOM. PITTYFUL PLACE NEEDLESS TO SAY. THE RESTROOM SEAT WAS ALL CRACKED. THE WALLS ON THE ROOM NEEDED NEW PAINT. PILLOW COVERS NEEDED ON TWO OF THEM. THE AC WAS CONTROLED BY MANAGEMENT AND IT GOT HOT FOR ME. I DID NOTICE THE HOSTESS REMOVED THE MUFFINS FROM THE WRAPPER AND PLACED THEM ON A TRAY, SHE DID NOT HAVE GLOVES. THIS WAS NOT PLEASING TO MY EYES. I WOULD NOT CONSIDER A HOWARDJOHNSON HOTEL. THIS PLACE NEEDS SOME UPGRADES. MARGIE
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Margie
"Great for a short stay"
Great location; pretty quiet, but I always use a noise machine or app. Larry, the day desk clerk was terrific! He was friendly, helpful and cheerful as he checked me in and out when I left!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Dody
"It was OK."
I paid for five nights and had to get a new key every night? Really?
5 night trip May 14, 2015
Cindy
Everything was great! Would definitely stay here again when I come to Austin.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Eliana
"Not for the faint of heart."
Friendly and helpful staff elevated this poor facility to two stars. Shady characters hanging in the parking lot. Hallway smelled of mildew. Basic room which had a heavy antiseptic cleaner smell. Had to open the window to air the place out. Since we were in the first floor, I kept expecting Eileen Wournos to come to the window looking for work. There was a working fridge and microwave in the room. That was a nice touch. Very basic for the price. Not good for families with kids.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Matthew
"BIG Disappointment"
Room was not very clean. Some of the front desk personnel were rude. Bathtub had mold/mildew and toilet dripped all night.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Claudia
"Not so good a night"
There was now tv connections, there was no inter net connections. all out for some reason and was not taken care of while staying the night.. there was no sound explanation for no service. dissatisfied !!!
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"clean and comfortable"
After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant about staying. Although not fancy, the rooms were comfortable, clean, adequately furnished...ideal for spending a night.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Austin's very own Red Light District"
do not stay at this property unless you don't mind being surrounded by women who charge for services and their supervisors ie pimps and other types of riff raff
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2015
Bobby
"Bad"
Don't stay here! Looked like a rent by hour motel. Was scared all night. Nothing worked. Keep on driving
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
johnny
"Worst. Hotel. Experience. Ever."
Quite literally the worst Howard Johnson I've ever stayed in. Doing a lot of business and personal travel, I have come to expect a certain level of quality from this hotel chain. Not so this weekend. You could only be issued one room key at a time. Having more than one would cancel out the other. Besides the fact that its 2015 and technology is every other hotel in the world seems to have advanced past this section of Austin, its inconvenient and dangerous. Asked the front desk for extra towels, and we were told 'Well, the maids are in the hallway. Ask them'. To which the maids told us that we couldn't have extra, they had to clean our rooms and take our other towels first. Are towels that hard to come by? For a hotel. The hotel is right off of I-35, but that convenience is lost once you figure out that you are literally right between an two mergine entrance ramps and an exit ramp. Howard Johnson will never get my business again, much less this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Terrance
"Not for all"
The area has liquor store where characters walk up through parking lot. Staff is great keeping area cleared out. Furniture and TV were old and not up to speed
Other trip May 5, 2015
chitown
"Horrible"
From the minute I pulled into the parking lot, I knew I had made a mistake. I relied on the Howard Johnson name while choosing this hotel. The people hanging out in the parking lot made me not want to get out of the car. Everything dirty. Didn't even shower that night, didn't want to use the tub! TV got 2 channels!! In other words, I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Okay"
So the staff was great! When we got to the room it was clean except for the recliner had some kind of sticky stuff on it and when I dropped my phone behind the night stand, there it was I never would've guessed it being there....... A CHICKEN BONE. There missing the stuff that you can't see
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Skip to the next hotel"
over priced. Would not stay again
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"probably not again"
Room had a damp smell. The shower rail was broken. The pressure of the shower was weak with intermittent hot and cold water. The location made it almost impossible to leave the hotel without your vehicle, with one way frontage roads either side of Interstate 35. Staff, however, were really friendly.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Needs work"
We were checked in and went to the room. Someone else had been there before us-soap/towels used, bed pulled back, etc. The room had been cleaned, just someone else had used it to freshen up, then went out for dinner. We went back down to the desk, told them what happened, then we went out for dinner. When we came back we were given a different, bigger room. Minor details-toilet was very slow to flush, smoke alarm was missing, a couple light bulbs were missing, room smelled heavily of soap/deodorant. Carpets seemed sticky. Other than that, everything worked and the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Pops13
"Below average"
Not at all what I was expecting even with the level of stars rated here. NOT a good neighborhood and the room was below average.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"bad location"
Hotel meets all the requirements, but the neighborhood is so bad. I would not recommend this if you have children.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
Reynolds
"Met my needs"
Just needed a simple place to stay for one night, nothing fancy. Easy access right off the Interstate. Probably not what I would choose if I was planning to stay for an extended trip, but just fine for what I was looking for.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015