All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America

2.7
    2.2
    2.6
"super poor"
The worst hotel EVER! there were ants and roaches, the TV did work or even have a cord or remote control for it to work. It smelled AWFUL, it was OVERPRICED, the employees there were not inviting and didn't knie anything. They were not at the front deck majority of the time. The best thing there was the fsvt that the a/c was AWESOME. But I would have been better off sleeping in my car.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Poor quality rooms and overall ambiance"
Room had a lot of pungent bad smell almost to the extent that I wanted to throw up
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Jayakumar
DOWNSIDE: No hot water in the shower!! Room appeared unclean even if the housekeeper came to clean up... I guess it's the paint/interior. Saw some bugs in the room & bathroom!!! Smokers & drunk people around the area by the inn's entrance! UPSIDE: Staff is friendly! Request for cab didn't take too long...
6 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Room smells horrible, mold build up on the walls like the place had been in a flood .
3 night trip Jul 7, 2015
Major renovations going on and the place was a wreck!! After complaining they did bump me up to a rennovated room which was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Less than satisfactory upkeep with the cleanliness to overall room. No swimming pool. Vending machine out of water and soft drinks. Not worth the price. More of a $50 room not $75
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Kayla
"bad motel policys"
I paid for three days and asked for smoking the guy said open window cause nonsmokeing only availabilities. Then got kicked out after a chemotherapy session cause room smelled like smoke.they wouldn't let me wait for my ride. Put me out sick as a dog.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Bernadette
"Stay Away!"
If you like homeless people around the entrance to your hotel this is the perfect one for you, also front desk was rude and not helpful at all. Reserved a non smoking room a month in advance and all they had were smoking rooms when we tried to check in. Location was horrible, the whole place smelled and didn't seem safe. Will not ever stay in a Howard Johnson again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"HOWARD JOHNSON INN"
Hotel was under extensive renovations, and did not receive any sort of compensation for this. I.E. price break. Shower did not work properly. Breakfast closed too early. Many vending machines did not work.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Brandon
"Interesting stay"
We pulled up to a hotel that looks like people are living there. There was also construction going on Sunday afternoon! We had a non-smoking room but across the hall was smoking?? It was interesting, felt uncomfortable but whatever. It worked for the night because the place that I had to go to was right across the street.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"horrible hotel"
This hotel was horrible, especially the service in front desk the recepsionist was having bas attitude
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Will not stay here again, ever."
I would not recommend this this hotel to anyone. Althought the room was fairly clean, the area felt unsafe (especially since the police were responding to a call)
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Judy
"Only for a short stay.."
The place is a little beat up. The neighborhood is not nice. The workers are friendly, though. You should only stay if it's for a short one night stay, otherwise you will not want to be in your hotel room.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Horrible place"
when my mother and great grandmother was there. They had a broken door had to get Thor room key rescanned and there were roaches. Plus my frat grandmas paid cash for the room and they still charged my credit card and now I'm fighting with them to get my money back. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL
6 night trip May 13, 2015
Vikki
"PITTYFUL !!"
TOTALLY UPSET WITH THE ROOM. PITTYFUL PLACE NEEDLESS TO SAY. THE RESTROOM SEAT WAS ALL CRACKED. THE WALLS ON THE ROOM NEEDED NEW PAINT. PILLOW COVERS NEEDED ON TWO OF THEM. THE AC WAS CONTROLED BY MANAGEMENT AND IT GOT HOT FOR ME. I DID NOTICE THE HOSTESS REMOVED THE MUFFINS FROM THE WRAPPER AND PLACED THEM ON A TRAY, SHE DID NOT HAVE GLOVES. THIS WAS NOT PLEASING TO MY EYES. I WOULD NOT CONSIDER A HOWARDJOHNSON HOTEL. THIS PLACE NEEDS SOME UPGRADES. MARGIE
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Margie
"It was OK."
I paid for five nights and had to get a new key every night? Really?
5 night trip May 14, 2015
Cindy
Everything was great! Would definitely stay here again when I come to Austin.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Eliana
"Not for the faint of heart."
Friendly and helpful staff elevated this poor facility to two stars. Shady characters hanging in the parking lot. Hallway smelled of mildew. Basic room which had a heavy antiseptic cleaner smell. Had to open the window to air the place out. Since we were in the first floor, I kept expecting Eileen Wournos to come to the window looking for work. There was a working fridge and microwave in the room. That was a nice touch. Very basic for the price. Not good for families with kids.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Matthew
"Not so good a night"
There was now tv connections, there was no inter net connections. all out for some reason and was not taken care of while staying the night.. there was no sound explanation for no service. dissatisfied !!!
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"clean and comfortable"
After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant about staying. Although not fancy, the rooms were comfortable, clean, adequately furnished...ideal for spending a night.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Austin's very own Red Light District"
do not stay at this property unless you don't mind being surrounded by women who charge for services and their supervisors ie pimps and other types of riff raff
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2015
Bobby
"Bad"
Don't stay here! Looked like a rent by hour motel. Was scared all night. Nothing worked. Keep on driving
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
johnny
"Worst. Hotel. Experience. Ever."
Quite literally the worst Howard Johnson I've ever stayed in. Doing a lot of business and personal travel, I have come to expect a certain level of quality from this hotel chain. Not so this weekend. You could only be issued one room key at a time. Having more than one would cancel out the other. Besides the fact that its 2015 and technology is every other hotel in the world seems to have advanced past this section of Austin, its inconvenient and dangerous. Asked the front desk for extra towels, and we were told 'Well, the maids are in the hallway. Ask them'. To which the maids told us that we couldn't have extra, they had to clean our rooms and take our other towels first. Are towels that hard to come by? For a hotel. The hotel is right off of I-35, but that convenience is lost once you figure out that you are literally right between an two mergine entrance ramps and an exit ramp. Howard Johnson will never get my business again, much less this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Terrance
"Horrible"
From the minute I pulled into the parking lot, I knew I had made a mistake. I relied on the Howard Johnson name while choosing this hotel. The people hanging out in the parking lot made me not want to get out of the car. Everything dirty. Didn't even shower that night, didn't want to use the tub! TV got 2 channels!! In other words, I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Skip to the next hotel"
over priced. Would not stay again
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Below average"
Not at all what I was expecting even with the level of stars rated here. NOT a good neighborhood and the room was below average.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"bad location"
Hotel meets all the requirements, but the neighborhood is so bad. I would not recommend this if you have children.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
Reynolds
"Met my needs"
Just needed a simple place to stay for one night, nothing fancy. Easy access right off the Interstate. Probably not what I would choose if I was planning to stay for an extended trip, but just fine for what I was looking for.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
Andrew E
TV 4 channels, 1 Spanish and 1 did not work, no ice
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Pretty solid"
Pretty nice if you know what you're getting in to. Smells like cigarettes but I didn't mind cause I smoke. Staff was friendly, plus there's a chevron right next door which is crazy convenient
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Logan
"good enough for the price"
old hotel but the rooms are nice. there is no cable tv . just local channels on a 40 inch tv ... the lady cleaning the kitchen at breakfast was so mad because of the mess she was doing tantrums
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Adequate (but just barely)"
Much as one would expect for low price range. Bed was comfortable and shower was hot - the bottom line basics. Breakfast was poor compared to another in-town competitor. Not even yogurt or fruit. Minimal jelly and they forgot to put butter out for toast. Only one coffee carafe so long waits between pots. Ok. But only for minimal basics.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Woody
"Terrible Hotel. I would not recommend."
Nothing worked right in this hotel. The tv would only work if you used a pen cap to push in the button. The hair drier did not work. You could not use the computer or printer to print your boarding pass, the staff said it had been down for some time now. The door to go in the building at the end of the hall did not work. If more than one person took a shower the water was cold. The trash dumpster was picked up after 11 pm at night causing a lot of noise. They vacuumed the floors at night. There were multiple cigarette burns in the bedspread, mind you this was supposed to be a none smoking room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Maybe if you were homeless this would be a step up from sleeping outside.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Reba
"Close to downtowmn"
Shower wasn't hot, room.small, cable not working, it has a bed so it was okay
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jackie
Not a very inviting place. Staff were nice enough but the place needs a major makeover!
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Close to the airport"
The room was clean but had a musty odor! The hotel is very out dated!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Stan
"Okay for the price."
Not a nice neighborhood, several strange characters hanging about the hotel. Room smelled terrible of smoke, but otherwise was okay. Bed was actually comfortable. Breakfast was limited.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Hotel had great location"
Hotel location was perfect for the wedding we were attending. There is a 7-11 next door which is convenient but assures strange people hanging out in the parking lot. I was never hassled by anyone in the 6 days we were there. Room was small. Cleanliness was borderline. When I went to plug the microwave back in there was thick dirt/ dust behind it. Great part was that there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bad part was the hotel never seemed to have any ice. Also the TV in our room was not functional for the 6 days that we were there. I gave up complaining about it. Some noise from the freeway but relatively quiet.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Preston
"Dirty and smelly"
The whole hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. There were bugs in the room and it took 5 minutes for the water to warm up.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Grossed Out
Smelled like smoke, dirty, water temperature didn't work.
Veronica
"find somewhere else to stay!"
This hotel was trash! For a stay at this hotel I should be paying `1/4 of the price I did. I understand its downtown Austin, but geez...
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Tasha
"We had a blast"
It was a good time !!! The hotel was close enough to take a taxi to downtown for under 20 bucks!! The sheets and comforters were not very nice. There wasn't any cable I thought that was an amenity I paid for so that sucked. I wasn't really there to watch tv though. The staff was friendly and fun!! I would stay there again!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
2 girls @sxsw
"Find another hotel don't waste your money."
This hotel is a horrible place to stay for families and people who are in town for work. The management is very rude and there is to many shady figures allowed to walk in and out of the hotel.I have stayed at many hotels while on business but this definitely is in the top ten of the worst stays.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
deverick
"Location is very good"
The elevator rumbled, TV did not work, halls were dark rugs were dark, bedspreads were dark., and as a whole depressing. The continental breakfast. "seriously". The tables were not clean.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
D
"No one at front desk = crack addiction hallways"
Bed was comfy. Service was okay. Did not enjoy the crack addict waiting outsidemy door at 4:30 am. True story
1 night trip Mar 11, 2015
Gabriel
"Never staying there"
Worst hotel ever. Restrooms don't work. Asked to be moved from room and was denied.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Room is not clean. Do not complete to make change next day. Door key never worked. Not able to give the room which was booked. Terrible staff.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Our room smelled of cigarette"
The place smells awful, at the breakfast the other guests goes with shoes or even socks, the experience was terrible we didn't even want to take our breakfast. It should be a "must shoe use" policy because is not hygienic. The only good thing was the guy at the front desk really nice!! I will never stay in that hotel or any other Howard Johnson in TX.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
GM
"If you like the smell of smoke it's great"
This hotel is horribly run down, cigarette burns on every blanket, barely any parking at all, right next to a highway. Was not a safe feeling location at all.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"I received what I paid for..."
This is a value priced hotel...but there were way to many people hanging around the front door that made me uncomfortable. A much older facility that has not had an upgrade or refresh in quite sometime. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. The TV was a basic cable package, local stations and about 4 cable channels. I received what I paid for, low price in a specific area, but to many "People of WalMart" types hanging around the front door.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015