All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America

2.6
    2.2
    2.5
"Pretty solid"
Pretty nice if you know what you're getting in to. Smells like cigarettes but I didn't mind cause I smoke. Staff was friendly, plus there's a chevron right next door which is crazy convenient
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Logan
"good enough for the price"
old hotel but the rooms are nice. there is no cable tv . just local channels on a 40 inch tv ... the lady cleaning the kitchen at breakfast was so mad because of the mess she was doing tantrums
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Adequate (but just barely)"
Much as one would expect for low price range. Bed was comfortable and shower was hot - the bottom line basics. Breakfast was poor compared to another in-town competitor. Not even yogurt or fruit. Minimal jelly and they forgot to put butter out for toast. Only one coffee carafe so long waits between pots. Ok. But only for minimal basics.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Woody
"Terrible Hotel. I would not recommend."
Nothing worked right in this hotel. The tv would only work if you used a pen cap to push in the button. The hair drier did not work. You could not use the computer or printer to print your boarding pass, the staff said it had been down for some time now. The door to go in the building at the end of the hall did not work. If more than one person took a shower the water was cold. The trash dumpster was picked up after 11 pm at night causing a lot of noise. They vacuumed the floors at night. There were multiple cigarette burns in the bedspread, mind you this was supposed to be a none smoking room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Maybe if you were homeless this would be a step up from sleeping outside.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Reba
"Close to downtowmn"
Shower wasn't hot, room.small, cable not working, it has a bed so it was okay
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jackie
Not a very inviting place. Staff were nice enough but the place needs a major makeover!
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Close to the airport"
The room was clean but had a musty odor! The hotel is very out dated!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Stan
"Okay for the price."
Not a nice neighborhood, several strange characters hanging about the hotel. Room smelled terrible of smoke, but otherwise was okay. Bed was actually comfortable. Breakfast was limited.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Hotel had great location"
Hotel location was perfect for the wedding we were attending. There is a 7-11 next door which is convenient but assures strange people hanging out in the parking lot. I was never hassled by anyone in the 6 days we were there. Room was small. Cleanliness was borderline. When I went to plug the microwave back in there was thick dirt/ dust behind it. Great part was that there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bad part was the hotel never seemed to have any ice. Also the TV in our room was not functional for the 6 days that we were there. I gave up complaining about it. Some noise from the freeway but relatively quiet.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Preston
"Dirty and smelly"
The whole hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. There were bugs in the room and it took 5 minutes for the water to warm up.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Grossed Out
Smelled like smoke, dirty, water temperature didn't work.
Veronica
"find somewhere else to stay!"
This hotel was trash! For a stay at this hotel I should be paying `1/4 of the price I did. I understand its downtown Austin, but geez...
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Tasha
"We had a blast"
It was a good time !!! The hotel was close enough to take a taxi to downtown for under 20 bucks!! The sheets and comforters were not very nice. There wasn't any cable I thought that was an amenity I paid for so that sucked. I wasn't really there to watch tv though. The staff was friendly and fun!! I would stay there again!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
2 girls @sxsw
"Find another hotel don't waste your money."
This hotel is a horrible place to stay for families and people who are in town for work. The management is very rude and there is to many shady figures allowed to walk in and out of the hotel.I have stayed at many hotels while on business but this definitely is in the top ten of the worst stays.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
deverick
"Location is very good"
The elevator rumbled, TV did not work, halls were dark rugs were dark, bedspreads were dark., and as a whole depressing. The continental breakfast. "seriously". The tables were not clean.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
D
"No one at front desk = crack addiction hallways"
Bed was comfy. Service was okay. Did not enjoy the crack addict waiting outsidemy door at 4:30 am. True story
1 night trip Mar 11, 2015
Gabriel
"Never staying there"
Worst hotel ever. Restrooms don't work. Asked to be moved from room and was denied.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Room is not clean. Do not complete to make change next day. Door key never worked. Not able to give the room which was booked. Terrible staff.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Our room smelled of cigarette"
The place smells awful, at the breakfast the other guests goes with shoes or even socks, the experience was terrible we didn't even want to take our breakfast. It should be a "must shoe use" policy because is not hygienic. The only good thing was the guy at the front desk really nice!! I will never stay in that hotel or any other Howard Johnson in TX.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
GM
"If you like the smell of smoke it's great"
This hotel is horribly run down, cigarette burns on every blanket, barely any parking at all, right next to a highway. Was not a safe feeling location at all.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"I received what I paid for..."
This is a value priced hotel...but there were way to many people hanging around the front door that made me uncomfortable. A much older facility that has not had an upgrade or refresh in quite sometime. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. The TV was a basic cable package, local stations and about 4 cable channels. I received what I paid for, low price in a specific area, but to many "People of WalMart" types hanging around the front door.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"Bad neighborhood"
Very bad neighborhood. Elevator very very very slow. Two of the desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Not so much the others. Breakfast was horrible. No fruit just sugar sugar and more sugar. No restaurants in the area. Thankful I was working long hours and not there much.
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"CHEAP"
Looks better in the photo - very old, rooms smell musty and decor is definitely outdated. Do not get room 110 if you want to sleep in - it is right next to the laundry!! No TV available - they were apparently doing some upgrades(??), but was not told this upon check-in. Then the ice machine was also not working - also not told upon check in. Breakfast was pretty good - waffles, cold cereal, English muffins, and some bread and small blueberry muffins, juice and coffee - NO TEA :-) fortunately I carry my own.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Michele
"horrible stay"
Hotel was horrible. Hallway was extremely smoke filled. Building and rooms were rundown. Overall poor quality. Service was bad.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
rakesh
"No"
Key did not work to room. Hotel attendant escorted me to room without shoes. Told me he would call maintenance man and I would need to get him to let me into room in the meantime. I asked for another room. He told me they didn't have any. Long story short, I got a new room and would NOT recommend staying here.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Asa
"South Austin Howard Johnson"
The desk attendant was very friendly. The breakfast area was not large enough and far from being clean. The elevator was broken. The back stair well was used to store broken TVs and broken chair. The Shower need to be repaired and cleaned a little be better. The bedspread has smoking holes in it. Should be trashed. Needed to clean up the litter around the building. [That goes for a lot of Austin.]
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Wayne
"Not suitable for business travel."
Stayed a week and while the bed was comfortable enough and the room met my essential needs for living, as a business trip destination this hotel was awful. The computer in the business center was down the entire week. The free wifi offerred was slow and broke down and killed my connection to the internet at least 2-3 times per hour. If you MUST have reliable access to the internet for work, and nowadays who doesn't, don't stay here. If that's not a concern for you, then it's a fine place to sleep, if nothing else.
5 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Melanie
"Horrible service"
Horrible, went to check in and they had given my room away. The person in the front desk was very rude, didn't seem to want to be at work, treated us like we were a bother to him. He offered to give me a different room with only one bed instead of the 2 I had paid for and it smelled like mildew. I wasn't able to stay so had to go somewhere else and request a refund. Don't recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"weekend getaway from home"
Very good front desk was great, enjoyed the free breakfast, wouldn't mind coming back.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2015
"Suprising for this part of town."
Roach found in bathroom under towel.
1 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"The good, the bad, and the holy..."
The service was pretty good and we didn't stay in the room much since it was pretty much just a place to sleep for the night. It had a comfortable bed and pillows and great shower pressure. The only things wrong for me were we asked for non smoking but room smelled terribly of smoke, the top blanket on the bed had a hole about the size of an orange, and the toilet was a little dusty.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Valerie
"Unpleasant"
Unpleasant since I can't write about it in full. My remarks are monitored
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Should of been better"
I should of got a better experience. My view was horrible. When I look out the window it's another hotel. I book my room online and when I get there I get a non smoking when I ask for smoking. Ac made a loud noise. Restroom door didn't lock. Cable would work when it wanted too.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"horrible!!! do not stay here"
shower didn't work properly, toilet ran all night, and the parking lot being conjoined with motel 6 caused me to hear the cars going in and out all night.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
it was very noisy next to our room. we lost some sleep
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"great for the price"
All around good stay. They "over booked" the smoking room I reserved so i got a nonsmoking room and an ashtray with a promise to not be charged a fee.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Roderick P
"smokey"
Smells like smoke
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"worst stay ever"
This was the worst hotel I have every been in. I thought it was a half way house that should be torn down. It was nasty and it smelled. Microwave was not plugged up and could not even reach to the plug. Around 10pm someone knocked on my door really hard and shortly after a man was was walking up and down the hallway screaming a girls name. I always call for a late checkout but not this time. I was out of there by 10am.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2015
audrey
The Parking lot had a lot of people from the convenience store loitering. Then many people loitering in the lobby that looked sketchy. Then the hallways were wayyyyy too dark which was sketchy. First impression not positive at all. But the rooms were clean, new, up to date and staff was nice.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
j
"Bad area. Don't stay here with a trailer."
Terrible area. My van and trailer got broken into. Locks cut off. Do not stay here.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"Thanks!!"
Not bad.
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"needs repair but employees are nice"
Burn holes in the sheets. Cockroaches in the restroom.walls in dis repair. The Windows were paper thin so road noise was loud and kept me awake. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Beau
"It was warm-dry and did the job"
I chose this hotel because I had good memories of Howard Jonson from the past, it was close to my intended connection and the price was reasonable. The room we were in was clean but very small. The bathroom was in need of repair. The tub/shower was in good shape but very small, the smallest I have seen. You could not sit in it. I guess it to be about a foot and a half wide. You need to stand sidewise in it. Other than this the room was clean and the front desk personnel were very nice and helpful with questions about the area and in general. I will stay again if I am in the area and if my connections are close.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Smells terribly"
Smoke is everywhere, 3rd floor is off-limits to any no-smoker. I knew that by going this cheap I would have compromised on overall conditions, but this stay was not nice at all. Bed linen and blanket had several cigarete holes, door lock stopped working and personnel wasn't able to open it again till the following night. Despite the run down conditions, i had a feeling that at least it was clean (but definitely looking very dirty).... That's why i am giving 2 stars vs. just 1 Will not stay here again
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
fabio
"Howard Johnson, Austin, Texas"
The facility in general was not clean, and the staff was not very organized. The room that the staff sent us to was currently occupied by other patrons, which needless to say, presented an awkward situation as we tried to enter the room. Also, the staff forgot to log in the correct room we were actually staying in, and we had to prove that the stuff in the room was ours before they would let us back in the room we were staying in.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"never stay there again"
We checked in about 6 pm. Went to dinner. Came back around 8 pm. Opened our room door flicked on the light switch and saw 3 roaches in the sink, mirror, and wall. Grabbed our bags and checked out. Won't ever stay at a Howard Johnson again.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Dorothy
"Comfort"
Will come again very quiet very good customer service very clean room air conditioner works good TV clear
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Ty
"Great hotel to stay"
My stay at the hotel was great. The checking in took only a matter of minuets.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Carlos
Good. But I only go to bed. So I watch just little part.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Much better than we were expecting…"
This is obviously a much older hotel but they seem to take pride in what they have and it was much more than I was expecting for the price. The room and hotel were very clean, the staff we encountered were very courteous and helpful.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014