All hotels in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States of America
1000 W Devon Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Cheap, no frills. Ice machine on every other floor. Good for getting off road for night of rest. Not a vacation spot.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For"
Stayed for just a night. The room was very outdated. No new appliances. But I guess, you get what you pay for! What I liked: the price. What I didn't like: very outdated as I said, they also offer "continental breakfast" but I went downstairs super early just to get some and there was nothing left but coffee and styrofoam cups.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
"Poorly maintained room and facility"
Half the lights out in room, no iron or ironing board, terrible TV, Facility is not well kept, trash over flowing and dirty tables.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Luis
"Economical"
Nothing extravagant. Rooms were clean. Staff was nice.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"relax"
i loved it; very comfortable
2 night trip Nov 18, 2014
"Convenient to restaurant and shops."
Just stopped there for the night, the experience was fine. It wasn't luxury or anything but we were looking for function and not so much luxury. It was perfect for the location and the purpose.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Dena
Very quiet hotel. Just a little bit secluded. Just right.
"Dirty Q-tip"
Dirty Q-tip was in the elevator for three straight days. Only one elevator. So I doubt no staff had seen this. Horrible place.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Airport drop stop"
My wife had to fly early so we stayed at motel 6 the night before and rested, dropped her off at the airport early next morning and went back to motel and rested some more before driving back to Iowa. I will do it again when i pick her back up.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
Sal
"don't expect anything extra"
motel was in a good area it was a days inn that is now a motel 6. No shampoo or conditioner. Motel had advertised they had a breakfast this was a lie. I left a message for manager to get ahold of me regarding this it has been 3 days no call yet. Overheard one desk person talking on earphone complaining of needing to clean up after customers(they do get paid for that don't they?). If you are looking for cheap it was the cheapest available close to Chicago, but don't expect anything extra.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"notto good. hope it gets better!"
no smoking in the motel! thats is crazy not to have at least some smoking rooms. never heard of a motel 6 with no smoking! Both ice machines were out of ice!!
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
christal
"Nice and less expensive"
It was nice and cheap. We spent only one night there. Rooms were clean and neat. all Facilities are not there but compare to the price you pay it was good. Staff was also very friendly
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Bad experience with Days Inn to Motel 6 ownership"
I've stayed at this hotel in the past and had a good experience. Unfortunately that was not the case this time. My stay occurred during the ownership transition from Days Inn to Motel 6. I stayed for 5 nights. They discontinued breakfast (didn't even have coffee) after my 1st night. The staff wasn't working well together or effective with resolving problems. They were even having arguments in the lobby for all to hear. Very unprofessional.....
5 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Horrible place to stay.."
Everything that was advertise on line was not delivered...first of all no breakfast no gym no hair dryer, comforters had cigarrets burns, the rooms smelled like smoke....and when I made my reservation I was told it was the Days Inn, when I got there it was motel 6...Of course Days inn was taking a few of their equipment off the premises...the worse holel I have ever stayed.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Patty
"Awesome Motel 6"
Best looking Motel 6 ive ever been in (Was formerly a Days Inn)
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
Bradley
"very bad experience"
Very poor customer service. They dont provide any airport shuttle service. No breakfast. Hotel is surrounded by the construction zone so too much noise. Eoom conditions r also very poor. I wouldn't stay in this hotel unless I've no other choice.
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Gul
"Disappointing!"
I called for directions from I-90 near Woodfield Mall and they couldn't tell me how to get to the motel.No shampoo in the room. No breakfast. No ice bucket.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Patrick
"I paid for a Days Inn and got a Motel 6"
They changed to a Motel 6 2 weeks before I stayed. Of course, I made the reservation more than a month ago so I was surprised to see it had changed names. I paid for breakfast. Motel 6 does not offer breakfast. I did not bring any shampoo on the plane because Days INN provides Shampoo, but of course Motel 6 does not. Also no clock in the room which I occasionally use. I guess Motel 6 took out all the clocks. Also, the towels felt much courser then the Days Inns towels. (I have been staying at this hotle 1 or 2 times a year for 10+ years, even before It was a Days inn. ). Very disappointed and will not stay here again. Will stay at the Days Inn in the other part of town. Not really Hotels.coms fault but.....
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
gr
"Was better as a Days Inn"
There is low cost lodging and there is cheap. This was cheap. No Continental breakfast, lousy internet service, uncomfortable bed and a tube TV (apparently - they still exist!).Motel 6 can do better and not affect their bottom line.
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
NIk
"Motel 6 sucks"
Days Inn became Motel 6 and while Days Inn met my minimum standards for a hotel Motel 6 was my last stay. End of an era.
4 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Its not Days Inn anymore."
When I got in, the name of the hotel changed. This means that there was breakfast, and no good service. The bed sheets had some hair, and people were no friendly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Rooms were OK for the price. Hotel seemed to be very under staffed that results in the lower rating. Had to wait to check in and out due to nobody at the desk.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
The hotel and staff were fantastic!!! The construction outside the window not so much, but that's not the hotels fault!!! I would stay there again with no issues whatsoever. The vending machine took my money but did not give me the product, got a refund from the front desk with no hassles. The staff were great customer focused and the hotel and room were very clean.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Rose
Hotel was in bad shape. Rooms were shabby, breakfast was a sham, service personnel did their best with poor conditions making it impossible to do a good job.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Won't return here."
The motel was very dated and not clean. The power went out in the night for an hour, and the front desk wouldn't answer the phone to explain. The internet service was too weak to use in our room. We'll chose another motel next time.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Devon Rd. Days Inn"
Hotel was reasonably priced and clean. The entrance is on the west end of the hotel on Devon road, before you actually get to the hotel and was the only way in & out that we found. Some vending machines on the lobby floor. ICE machine was somewhat hidden. Located on the second floor in the west end stair well. Lots of ice available though.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"NICE AND CLEAN"
NICE AND CLEAN, GREAT LOCATION, EXCELLENT SERVICE, IF YOU WANT TO SEE DOWNTOWN CHICAGO TAKE 90 E TO CUMBERLAND CTA PARKING, PARK THERE JUST FOR 5 $ AND TAKE THE BLUE LINE
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
EVGENI
Very good stay. The only negative was the construction in the area.
3 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
Donnie
"Nice hotel but that's too far from downtown 1hr.."
The hotel it okay but if he you don't have a car thisis not the hotel for you . is no basses there's nothing in there so if you plan is going to downtown this Hotel is not recommended for that
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
mary
"Great rates, and that was all"
We picked this for price and location near the airport, but the problems were many. The hotel wreaked of stale cigarette smoke in the halls, lobby, and even in our non-smoking room. The carpet had awful blotches that were probably ink but looked filthy. A call for more towels was promised repeatedly but never answered. The breakfast is free, but it is sliced toast, two types of sugared cereal, and Tang. The oatmeal ran out a half hour before closing, and the wait staff apologized that it takes an hour to make instant (1 minute) oatmeal. The desk clerk swapped our reservation with that of a smoker friend, so the clerk offered us the smoker's single smoking room and told him that they couldn't honor his reservation but could give him our queen non-smoking room. We sussed that out and swapped just after he got into our room. The location is on the outer side of the airport and it is about 6 miles from a similarly named Days Inn Elk Grove Village, so check your GPS carefully. The desk clerk told us not to stay at the other Days Inn, because insects had come out of their televisions. We did accidentally drive there first, and that neighborhood looked scary, and I believe I witnessed a drug purchase at the desk. Schaumburg location looks a bit deserted at first, but informal dining is within walking distance down a dark road. The hotel has no dining other than a vending machine of Lean Cuisines. All-in-all, the place looked and smelled dirty, worn, and in need of staff training.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Visitor
"Great room for the price!"
The room was very clean, air conditioner worked well. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel location could have been better, but overall great stay.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Justin
It was ok. Free Breakfast sucked. It only had juice and bread. I was extremely busy there but still decent for price I guess.
Response by Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at the Days Inn/Schaumburg. We offer a great continental breakfast that includes homemade oatmeal, yogurt with all the toppings, cereal, toast, coffee and 2 kinds of juices. We do hope you come back and visits us again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"good"
Everything was perfect
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
"Thank you to all the staff"
Thank you to all the staff at this hotel you were more than gracious and I am full to say thank you for the experience the clean hotel the friendly staff the amazing people who work for your establishment didn't treat me like I was a paying customer at all they treated me like I was a friend they laughed with me they helped me find places I lost my phone one of the gentleman who worked at the desk helped me locate my phone on the Internet I will stay at this hotel if I ever visit Chicago again you made our home away from home experience for my son and I Great and I thank you for that
4 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Tommie brothers
"as foreseen"
convenient location when you have a car, for a flight from O'Hare, surroundings a bit noisy due to the motorway but perfect when window closed, nice reception staff and good breakfast, great value for money
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
Susanna
"You get what you pay for."
The hallway smells like cigarettes. The room is okay, clean enough and doesn't smell. The hotel is old.
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not accesible, smelled like cigarrette"
I almost threw up from the smell, and got a headache from the cigarrette smell. The buses were not accesible atall from the location. I would never recommend it.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
The front desk staff was great! Definitely went above and beyond for my stay. The only dis-satisfactory thing about the stay was that the room smelt like smoke. I am not a smoker and my room constantly smelt like smoke. Other than that, it was good.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"It's worth for the price"
The conditions of the hotel itself were good, or those who have a car, it's very good. For those who don't, it's very far from the attractions of the city.
4 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good for a short stay. Can't beat the price!"
Overall the experience was pleasant. The pros : The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the beds were comfortable. Safe location. Felt comfortable parking my brand new car here. Hotel appears to be in good condition. Wasn't run down or moldy like some low end motels. If you're planning on spending a night or two here, I highly recommend this place. However, I wouldn't recommend this spot for an extended stay, and that brings me to the cons : No microwave/fridge (unless you specifically request one, and even then it's based on availability, and they were "out" of microwaves to give us). Weak breakfast. Toast and sugary cereal don't count as breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Just by the highway"
The hotel just by the highway, you can't avoid the noise at night. The room is clean and comfortable. About 1 hour drive from downtown Chicago, be prepared for the endless toll. The free WIFI service is kind of slow, no matter when. If you would like to enjoy complimentary breakfast during weekend, try to weak up earlier, or you will be really disappoint.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Nick
"Friendly, comfortable, clean"
Had an overall nice experience at the Schaumburg Days Inn. We were pleased with the basics such as staff, comfort, and cleanliness. Continental breakfast was a nice touch. We could have used a mini fridge but that's no big deal. The "save the environment" push to reuse towels and other things was a little annoying but no big deal. All in all the kids and I enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Trent
"Days Inn Schaumburg / Elk Grove"
About the only good thing I can say about my stay is the room was fairly clean, and the shower was okay. But it's the only good thing. The mattress needed changing about twenty years ago. When you sit on a bed and the edge behaves like a deflated soufflé and can hear the springs go “sprong”, well uncomfortable is an understatement. Sub-par for a Days Inn.
5 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Richard K.
"Remote and really low quality hotel"
Very shady. Carpet is decade old. Bed sheet and linens are as old. No soap was available due to delivery issue. Breakfast was really horrible as they stopped refilling 15 minutes early.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Good for Business Stay"
Stayed 3 nights no complaints. Good Location, room is OK for sleeping but small for business work at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. WiFI slow but connection was fine.Teddy's Diner around the corner has a great breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Thos
"Not a good idea to go there"
Not expensive, but I better pay next 15 $ and go for better one
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Maggie
"barely slept all night...worst air conditioning."
air conditioning is not working correctly, making huge noises for every 15 minutes, barely slept. other than that room is ok.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
i wound recommend to improve the cold breakfast service or else remove it completely.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Sidhartha
"Chicago hotel"
The room was very clean. The shower was a little short for my son who is 6ft. It was quiet. The staff was friendly. it was centraly located. We had really no issues.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Cathy
For the price and the location not a bad deal
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014