All hotels in El Cajon, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here471 N Magnolia Ave, El Cajon, CA, 92020, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Basic but good!"
Stayed for the Lakeside rodeo. Easy check in and out, clean room. Had all the basics with a fridge and microwave too. Neighborhood was ok. Not very noisy and a pretty decent breakfast included as well.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Convenient and clean!"
Was in town to hang with friends. Didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel, but the rooms were clean and didn't smell bad. Perry's Cafe on the corner is fantastic. Woudl stay again.
3 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
"Dont take a chance"
I booked this motel because of the rating om Trip Advisor and the picture that was on hotels.com. Both were misleading. The motel is not as nice as the picture shows it.We had cockroaches climbing the walls. The continental breakfast is very minimal.Pastries were stale. Three small tables with two chairs each for the breakfast crowd,on this big motel. I will not return to this motel!
5 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
thomas
"Old & Dirty outside clean inside my room."
Short weekend stay. Right near the highway. Small property. Loud at 12-4 am on a Sat night. Room clean but around the elevator was gross. Breakfast was bare bones carb fare. I ate a banana and had coffee. I ate at the cafe in the same parking lot. Good food.
3 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Fine for night"
Got in at 1:30 a.m., left at 8:30 a.m. Carpet in room was worn & torn where it met the tile in the bathroom, but there were was a big shower, coffee pot, wall safe. Nice for the price.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Had A Terrific Time"
The service was fantastic. The only complaint was the wifi connection was weak in the evening. The maids were very friendly and fast.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Wendy
Room was everything I could need. WiFi was extremely weak.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Tc
"Decent for the area"
We choose to stay in this hotel when travelling to visit family in the area. Have stayed in a couple other places but this one has the advantage of Perry's cafe right across the parking lot. Area is not real good but we have no reason to go out after dark. Reasonably clean, large rooms with comfortable beds.
5 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Joan
"Nice, but some things did not work."
Could not get wifi to work. No computer area. Laundry area broken or not working. Room clean and nice.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Basic clean hotel surrounded by vagrants."
The room was basic but comfortable. The breakfast was terrible, but there was a cafe across the parking lot that was fantastic called Perry's Cafe. Breakfast was very basic, the coffee was cheap, and was occasionally visited/raided by several of the local homeless people off the street.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Wouldn't recommend"
Was given a room that was stinking a lot. Seems like it was a smoking room that was converted as a non smoking. There were stains on the sheets and the bed spread had a burn hole. Water from the sink never had pressure. The TV was having a lot of noise. Overall we were very disappointed by our stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
H Chira
"what I needed."
My stay was quiet, I had a clean room that was near where my destination was. The only down side is no late check out.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"love it"
was great
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
tony
"Nice hotel, nice location"
We stayed for one night in Super8 on our way to sea world. From outside it was not that impressive but the room was really clean and new and looked like they recently renovated. Also it has many restaurants and stores at walking distance and they had free breakfast. Would come back for sure.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Praveen
"Awesome..."
Keep up the good work...
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Albert
"Price was right...."
Wrong number phone call to room at 1:40 am.....nuff said
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
stockjock2000
"Place to rest after a night of wedding shenanigans"
Attended a wedding in San Diego and the reception was in El Cajon at a hall just across the street. I wasn't too familiar with the area so planned on going with the recommendation of a holiday inn about 6 miles away. Luckily, I found the super 8 literally right across the street. Only stayed there for a night so not a ton of things I can comment on; however, overall I was very pleased with the room especially for the price! We had just finished staying downtown San diego for a night to explore but the size and amenities in this room trumped that and for only half the price! Picked a non-smoking room and it was very clean. Towels were fresh, nice fridge and couch area to entertain some other guests who had stayed at the hotel as well. Not sure the next time I will be in El Cajon but I know this will be my first option.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Great renovated hotel. Close to freeway. No problems with check in ever. Love this place. Go every other Friday for alone time with hubby after dinner and away from the kiddos
tj
"3rd time around wasn't as great but understandable"
I have been giving this hotel great reviews. My third stay happened to have a big spa tub over crowding the room but my husband and I was happy to be able to do something different. We went out and got stuff to put in the tub and it didn't work. The hotel clerk failed to mention that. No other room had the spa either. I was also missing the coffee maker and iron (had to call for those) and my HBO and showtime guides were for the previous month. I have a non refundable/changeable booking for this week and needed to change it for next week and they approved it without any long sob stories so they still get 2thumbs up from me.
"Motel"
Hotel was not too bad for the price. Easy freeway entrance. The rooms were clean and the staff were nice. The area seemed to be in a little rough but all in all not it was ok.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"I keep coming back"
I have stayed here several times while visiting family. It seems to get a little better every time I go with noticeable updates here and there (like new tile in the bathroom area). My last stay left a good impression. The room was clean and comfortable. The folks at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. The free continental breakfast was nice and had the basics covered. Free WiFi was fast enough for light web browsing and social networking, but not for streaming HD video. Overall it was a good experience and I'll stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Nice stay, very quiet."
very nice room. Clean, quiet even though it's next to a major freeway.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Updated nicely"
Nice hotel for the price, recently renovated from the looks of it. Beds are comfortable enough, it's a little noisy being near the main street and highway but ear plugs can solve that. Overall if you're in a pinch and need a reasonable place to stay for one night you can't go wrong here.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Cackroach"
First showed up to check in staff was in bad mood top it all off there was a cockroach i had to kill in my room.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"stacation"
Room was clean and cofortable only draw back was the WIFI not very reliable very weak and often would not keep me logged on after just around 10 to 15 minutes
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Christina
"Our second stay was just as good as the first time"
We had more pillows this time. Room is contemporary designed. Rooms are spacious. Close to freeways. Microwave fridge/freezer in room. Will be booking again soon!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
tj
"Just a stop-over for one night."
We stayed here one night on our way to an event in San Diego. We checked in very late at night (2:30 AM). The man at the front desk wasn't rude, but he wasn't friendly either. Once we got checked in to our room we realized the AC didn't work. They offered to switch our room, but the only room they had was on the third floor (we were on the first). We had already unpacked our stuff for the night and were in pajamas...we didn't think it was worth it to change rooms. The room was clean. But the beds were pretty hard. We basically only slept in this hotel and continued our trip in the morning. The neighborhood was great (close to downtown, restaurants, shopping, etc.). It was a cheap place to stay for just the night. I might give this hotel another try.
1 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2014
Shalimar
"Decent Place"
We arrived rather late in the evening, and when we approached the lobby the front desk clerk was actually wheeling something out of the lobby and asked us to wait a few minutes. Other than that, check-in went smoothly. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and was fairly clean and quiet. Not spectacular, especially considering that it was listed as being an "upgraded" room. It was pretty average. We noticed that the swimming pool is about the size of a postage stamp, which means that it's not really a pool you can swim in.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Nicole
"Horrible service"
We get in our room and the comforter you can tell is dirty and not just a stain so we ask for a new one, and the new one he gives us at the office was wet in some spots and had even more gross spots all over it.. We had to keep it on the ground the whole time and just use the sheet. Not the best room either
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
holly and cj
"Best choice in El Cajon, CA"
I needed a room that could accommodate myself and powered wheelchair and Super 8 had exactly what I needed. The room was just right and was much more comfortable than others I have stayed in and at a very affordable price. The bathroom was ADA compliant and was a joy to use, fold down bench in shower stall and toilet were easy to maneuver for my chair. The management staff, office staff and cleaning/maintenance staff were very friendly and non-intrusive. The complimentary coffee and continental breakfast were an added bonus to an already enjoyable experience. If I for some other reason need a temporary place to sleep I will think of Super 8 first and foremost. It was a pleasure staying there for 2 1/2 days.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Munchies
"vacation"
nice room, hotel close to freeway, good central location to La Mesa and El Cajon
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
kenneth
"Nice Place To Stay"
I had a nice time & the office staff was very nice & helpful, room was nice & clean.
3 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Kat
"WOrth another stay"
Stayed for 4 days and everything was nice about this place
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
praful
"4th Stay Here -Need I say More"
This was my 4th overnight stay here. Same consistent standards. Good customer service. Clean rooms with all the amenities needed for a comfortable one night stay or for a longer one. Have never experienced any noise disturbances during my stay. Definitely will continue to book rooms at this Super 8
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Its best if you get around under $50 a night and close to San Diego.
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Munish
"Very NOISY!"
Is very close to the freeway, very noisy and old.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Hansen family
"Didn't expect that much satisfaction!"
I thought that this super 8 would like like a basic Motel 6. The whole room was filled with upgrades from the furniture to the bedding, bathroom, and sink area. Once my boyfriend arrived he had the same reaction and I didn't even give him a heads up. Hopefully it wasn't just room 211 because I plan to go there again real soon and often!
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
tj
"not close to mt location"
Air did not work ! not close to my loaction
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
maureen kaplar
"ok."
Room was clean..Location was a plus..Close to the highway and mall area..
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
"Easy to access and close to HW"
There are only minor things that can be improved in this facility: -The breakfast room is small and not enough seats (especially if you eat 8:00-9:00) -The WiFi is Very slow when you need it. But the rooms are clean and the staff are nice & friendly.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Leo
"Very nice hotel for sleep and family friendly"
Beyond my expectations, clean and very comforted room especially the beds Wow!!!
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Pete
PooL was dirty and too small to be called a pool. Breakfast was decent.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
@ check in, the Front Desk lady there looked upset, luckily I was checked in by another employee, he was a younger Hispanic male (like a maintenance employee) & he was super nice!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
blumoon1108
"Not bad for the price"
We arrived a little bit lit so the parking lot was quite full but didn't experience problem parking. The room was clean and comfortable. Basicaly, no complains.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
DJ
"Easy access of the freeway"
Air did not work real well but clean room.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
D Darrow
"Negative experience"
Poor maid service. Room not cleaned until late afternoon. Flushing the toilet was startling because of the loud, obnoxious noise it makes. Cheap, unhealthy breakfast food. Small pool with no poolside seating. Unattractive.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Pam
"Great experience"
Very friendly and professional staff. A bit far from San Diego, but good for the price. The area has many restaurants and supermarkets. Plenty of parking spaces on hotel campus.
4 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
"The rooms are alot better than what I expected"
I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. My room was updated and was very clean. Staff was very nice and when I checked out it was painless.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
"Close to everything I needed and to the event"
It was a decent room, we left in the morning and got back early afternoon and our room wasn't even cleaned. We stayed there two nights without housekeeping. I was able to get towels and trash bags from the cleaning people however. A/C worked wonderfully!
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Cindy
"Just don't use the water"
The bathroom smelled like sewage everytime we used the shower/bathtub. The pool was tiny and greenish. I was shocked to see it was open to the public and that people were actually using it.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014