All hotels in Koloa, Hawaii, United States of America
1571 Poipu Road, Koloa, HI, 96756, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Perfect"
7 nights and everything was perfect every day. Amazing stay.
KJ
great. terrific. accommodating. friendly. helpful. great weather.
"Beautiful luxury hotel in Poipu"
Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for our honeymoon. Incredible pool set up, great service, beautiful main lobby.
"Amazing experience"
Nearly everything was great about this trip. Overwhelmingly the staff were incredible. The only knock was a single concierge who was fairly condescending and began booking an activity without telling us the price and then pointedly apologized to the vendor over the phone in front of us when we said we didn't want to do the activity--as if the vender were the client and we were an annoyance. Other than that individual the location was breathtaking and all the staff were wonderful.
"Great for families"
Amazing time spent here with my family. Kids enjoyed the pools. Truly a getaway spot!!
2 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Natalie
"Perfect Location"
We never left the hotel everything we needed was there.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Poor communication"
Stayed at the grand hyatt four times. Always in the Club level and this time was a mistake. Under construction in the Club, fitness center, pool cafe, etc. no communication when booking no offers to resolve.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
jeff
Excellent pools and restaurants. Great beach access. Beautiful grounds.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Oke, but not authentic"
It's a good hotel, but it could be located anywhere in the world. The views are much less beautiful than from Regus.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Beautiful grounds and views"
This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to. The grounds are unbelievably gorgeous, and the views are breathtaking. The staff were friendly, and were extremely helpful when needed. I would highly recommend this place...we will definitely be back.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Ryan & Kathy
"Awesome Honey Moon"
We had an amazing experience, my wife is ready to go back this minute, The physical beauty of the property is like nothing I have ever experienced. The layout, aesthetics, the scenery, views and facilities are absolutely breathe taking. We recommend that they consider a shuttle service from the Lihue Airport to make it more convenient for guests. The staff members are first class. The Hotel doesn't miss a beat, I kid you not
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Kadie
"Excellent location"
Phenominal amenities. Great service and very helpful and knowledgable staff.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Vacation/Honeymoon of a lifetime"
The vacation/honeymoon of a lifetime. This beautiful hotel was more than what we expected and what we were told about resort from previous guests. The staff was very friendly and always willing to give a "good morning" or an "aloha". We had a first floor room with a pool view which was perfect because it felt like we had our own personal pool in our beautiful backyard and took advantage of taking evening dips in the pool. The bar in the pool area was very nice as well with a friendly staff, especially Mr. Mark the bartender, he was from the LBC area so we hit it off since we are from the LA area. The ladies from the hotel coffee shop were also very nice and I became familiar to them with getting my morning coffees and breakfast danish or bagel, plenty to choose from.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Less than expected - esp for Hyatt"
The Hyatt generally gets great reviews and we were expecting to love it, too, but it fell short... We went to Kauai for our honeymoon and shelled out a lot for a room that had an ocean view (plus, um, a parking lot). The room was ok (didn't quite wow us with luxury) and the facilities of the Hyatt property itself are nice, but our room was a disappointment. For nearly $500 a night, we expected - at a minimum - a clean room. C'mon, guys. I called 3 days in a row, once to housekeeping and twice to the front desk before the mgr. of housekeeping followed up. While he was diligent in his follow through and the initial items we'd pointed out as being sub par were somewhat addressed (i.e. the greasy handprints on the sliding glass door/windows, the mildew on the left corner of the vanity), there was a lot to be desired for the amount we spent - streaks, residue of cleaning product and the marble sink counter was not well-cleaned. I expected more of Hyatt and especially at that price point.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
TravelBee
Very nice facility and staff. Would definitely stay again
6 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Very nice"
More a family place than a couples place, lots of thing for the little ones to do. Very nice resort.
3 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Abel
"Best place on Kauai"
Had a great time on our honeymoon well worth the money! Awesome pools!
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Ken
Great experience! Would love to come back again this time longer.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
For a large chain hotel, you couldn't ask for a better hotel. Beautiful location & outstanding service! I would highly recommend!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Beautiful place; but difficult to navigate."
We made reservations late so we ended up in the far corner of a 52-acre complex. Our building only had two elevators and we were close to neither...so lots of walking. While the complex is absolutely gorgeous with pools, lush foliage, grottos and ultimately an ocean view, it's not easy to navigate. The property sits on many levels broken up by stairs, bridges, grottos and pools. You cannot just walk from point A to Point B, you have to go up and down stairs and across bridges...often times to find a body of water cuts you off, so you have to back track. But if you love water, foliage and birds, you will love this place! Food is fairly pricey though. After a long flight, we got down to the outside snack bar ,very hungry, late in the day. The cost of two Hawaiian margaritas, two small fish tacos, one fish sandwich was: $64.00. And they told us to go to the bar to get our own drinks! We also waited 20 minutes to check in on a Wednesday afternoon! But the service staff is really nice, the food is good, the view spectacular, the water sounds relaxing. Can also walk along the beach on a path for quite a distance. They have a 150 foot slide, a lazy river, and there are two small sandy beaches with optional cabans at $80 a day. They bring you ice water and bring ordered food and drinks. Worth it for one day at least!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Love this place!"
This hotel location is fantastic. We loved our room which overlooked the adult pool and had views of the ocean. Shipwreck wing, I believe. We were supposed to have a "garden view" room, but it appears we were upgraded and that was truly a nice touch. The hotel and grounds are expansive, the upkeep amazing and just a beautiful, relaxing property. My only complaints as also noted by others, is that everything at the hotel is really expensive (drinks, food, excursions booked from the concierge, etc.). Because of that, my sister and I chose to eat and drink off site and booked our excursions directly through the businesses that offered the activities we were interested in. In the end, we really did save a lot of money so that we could indulge in some of the bigger excursions offered around the island. My other minor complaint has to do with hotel guests "saving" pool chairs in all the premium locations around the pool. We noticed quickly that they come down in the morning with their towels and empty bags and snag a few prime chairs, leave and don't return until afternoon. Really annoying and that's all I'll say about that. Next time, we'll know better and adopt the "when in Rome" mindset if the staff can't somehow "fix" that problem. I did encounter a less-than-friendly gentleman over at the Poipu Bay golf pro shop that slammed down a pen, receipt and my Visa card on the counter when paying for a hat, never said a word to me, but maybe he was having a bad day?
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Liz
"Beautiful Resort, Stunning Grounds"
We were very impressed with the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i resort! The grounds are extensive and beautifully kept. We absolutely loved the many pools, saltwater lagoon (especially since the ocean is rather unforgiving on the resort beach), and lazy river. Our room was very clean, spacious, and had a lovely view overlooking the resort and ocean. The staff were warm, inviting, and accommodating. The atrium has a wonderful ambience with a stunning overlook of the beach and live music performances in the evenings. We found the restaurants on-site to be very expensive, but otherwise had no complaints!
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
We loved this hotel and would stay here again in a second. The beach it is located on (Shipwreck beach) is small but really beautiful. I did not swim in the water because it is pretty rough. It is nice to sit by though. Our favorite part were the pools and the lagoon. They are simply beautiful! After a long day of sightseeing we would always make a point to spend a few late afternoon hours in the pools. Very relaxing. The grounds of this hotel are truly stunning! Our room was comfortable enough. Perhaps the rooms could use a bit of a face-lift but that is just me being picky. The staff here were helpful and friendly. Also, we really enjoyed a nice meal at Tidepools (one of the restaurants on the grounds). I do have to dock a point though (and this is a overall theme in traveling throughout Hawaii) for the tourist rip-off factor. Hotels charge exorbitant amounts of money to "rent" things like cabanas, chairs, floating devices etc. I feel like if you are paying a good amount of money to stay in a nice hotel (and this hotel is NOT cheap!) that you should at least be able to sit under an umbrella for no cost! They do charge a resort fee, why can't this be included?!? Like I said though, this is not uncommon for any hotel on the islands, it just really bothers me. Overall, if you stay at the Grand Hyatt you will enjoy yourself!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Spectacular"
The Grand Hyatt was a spectacular place to stay while on the island of Kauai! We enjoyed every aspect that this resort and spa had to offer! The location was perfect, the staff friendly and the views were breathtaking! We especially liked the lagoon where we spent a lot of time calmly floating and relaxing! We had a very memorable visit!
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Donna and Rick
"Beautiful & Relaxing Family Retreat with toddler"
The Grand Hyatt Kauai was a relaxing retreat for my wife, 23 month old and myself. We loved having the pools, lagoon and walking the beach as a way to start and end our daily adventures exploring the rest of the island. Our little one loved floating down the winding river pool with it's waterfalls and caves. The beach was not ideal for toddlers to get wet since it was red flagged every day. However, nearby is the PoiPu Beach Park with a "lagoon" beach that he loved. It was nice to explore the walkways, gardens, see the parrots and enjoy the relaxing and well maintained facilities. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Beautiful Place !"
My wife and I spent 6 days at the Grand Hyatt. Very friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful facility and property. Good location. We were able to see most all important sites no more than 1 hour from even the North Shore. We had a Garden View room on the 6th floor. Very peaceful and quiet. Really wish the pools were open past 9 pm, with this size of a resort should have been open until at least midnight even if it was just a certain select pool. Overall it was a very nice experience.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Point Man
"Nice hotel in a fairly pricey area"
The hotel and grounds were beautiful, well kept, and the staff is friendly. The beach is also really nice, but conditions were not good while we were there... Poipu beach park is close by and better protected if conditions are poor. The hotel restaurants are good and in the same price range as the other few restaurants in the area (Except the breakfast buffet, which is extremely pricey for a buffet). In the Poipu area, Keoki's Paradise is one of the better places to eat (Awesome service, great food and the best prices for nice dining).
7 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Soren
Had an amazing time at this gorgeous resort, would recommend to anyone looking for a real Hawaii experience
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
We stayed at Westin resort for our first four days on Kauai and needed a room for one more night before flying out next day. This was our first trip to this island. I prefer the Grand Hyatt to the Westin. The pools are amazing, the grounds spectacular. Our suite was about standard for this level of hotel. Very nice though and modern. Great place to stay. Beach is small and has very shallow shore break. Not a swimming location at all. Westin had no beach. You have plenty others to choose from
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Black
"Beautiful hotel"
Loved every aspect of this beautiful hotel other than the fact that there is not a swimmable beach directly in front of it. The staff was most efficient and quite friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Beautiful Kauai resort!"
The hands down most beautiful pool I've ever seen in a hotel. This is not a suite-style hotel in Kauai. But the amenities are first rate. The local beach (Shipwreck) is rough however, not ideal for swimming or children. But they make up for it with a gigantic salt water "lagoon" with sandy beach and everything!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"awesome"
We enjoyed our stay. The staff was very personable and the rooms were amazing. Even though I had to work everyday it was nice to come home to a warm environment. My Mom visited with me and she really enjoyed the entire visit.
6 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Karri Green
"This is the best hotel stay we've ever had!"
We love this hotel...quiet, pretty beyond belief, fun. Open the slider and you hear only the ocean! The lagoon pools are fantastic...it's pure heaven!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jerrine
"Amazing!"
We had a wonderful stay. Everything was perfect.
7 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
Had a great honeymoon experience here. Couldn't have asked for a better staff. Friendliest people i have met in a long time.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
josh
"Fantastic resort. Wish I were still there"
This was my second time staying at The Grand Hyatt. It is a paradise. I did get the breakfast included, well worth doing so. For dinner the restaurant Tidepools is excellent. The pools are many, unique, and never felt crowded. Entertainment at night on the outside patio of the grand open lobby. We got a room with a partial ocean view, room 5037. Perfect views. Concierge services were knowledgeable, helpful, and made our trip complete.
4 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Lindy
"Beautiful. Accommodating. 2 thumbs up."
Wonderful accommodations, amenities. Awesome pools & lagoon beaches.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Whitney
"Great place to honeymoon."
Rooms are really quiet, nice amenities, great staff.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Fabulous luxury hotel"
My family (2 adults, 1 child age 10) stayed for 6 nights in August. We had a room with a king bed and rollaway for my daughter. Spacious room and huge bathroom! Lovely view of the ocean and ponds/gardens. Wonderful spot to have a morning coffee on the balcony and watch the sunrise. Everything about this hotel is stunning! We loved the pools and had great fun in the lazy river and water slide. The saltwater lagoon made a nice change too! Shipwreck beach is a great spot to watch boogie boarder and surfers but not for swimming when we were there. We did have some fun getting thrown about in the waves! We had breakfast several times the Seaview Terrace. We would definitely stay there again!!!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Sam
"Awesome hotel"
This hotel has a lot of amenities. You almost don't have to leave the hotel grounds for anything. The rooms were very clean modern and comfortable and I think the staff. Maid the hotel a world-class experience
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
edwin
"Paradise Perfectected"
The resort was beautiful and there was a lot going on. One day we left the resort to tour the national botanical garden. The cheapest tour at the garden was $40.00 dollars. We decided not to go because the gardens at the resort were so beautiful, it couldn't possibly be $40 better. The pools were spectacular! The lagoon was also fun. However, rude and selfish, fellow guests, hogged all the chairs and umbrella's. It is not ok to put a towel on your beach chair at 8 am when you expect to use it after lunch! Management needs to discourage the practice more aggressively. My daughter went to the camp one night, by herself, and had a good time. The on site restaurants were expensive and the level of the food didn't match my expectations based on the cost. However, the breakfast buffet was consistently good and had enough variation for eating there nine days in a row.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Ivy
"great experience"
1 for lagoon pool 1 for kids vs adult pools 1 for beach access and proximity (3 to 5 min walk from room) -1 for the condition of beach. Not the best of beaches. Rocky and rough beach with rough waves. But that is Kauai. Other beaches are better especially poipu and Lydgate
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"beautiful hotel on the beach"
My children said this was the best vacation ever and I can agree. Not only because we were in paradise, but because the hotel had everything we needed. Every interaction with an employee was pleasant and we felt safe. We can't wait to come back.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Bibi
Great location, close to Poipu beach, shops and restaurants etc. Can't go wrong with this one
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
The hotel staff members at the Spa were friendly and welcoming. The hotel staff members at the front desk were outstanding and very helpful and courteous. The housekeeping staff persons were very pleasant and friendly. The concierge staff members were very helpful as was dialing #65 (or was it #56?). The luggage folks who dropped off and picked up our baggage were wonderful. The Spa showers were great as was the whirlpool and massages.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Garden view"
Everyting was fine just internet was to slow a I couldn't even connect from my phone
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Very well maintained hotel, beautiful grounds, nice pools with salt water lagoon, water slide for kids and adults too!
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Greg
"restaurants good, pool not so much"
Tidepools was awesome, however the pool is not so great. There are never any open chairs because people leave their towels and the staff never go around picking them up, so you never know if they are occupied. Also the servers will walk by you unless you wave to them. Had to ask for the bottles of water that were free.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Friendly, welcoming staff at a lovely resort."
We stayed for a week at the Grand Hyatt for our honeymoon. It was everything we had dreamed of. The staff was friendly and accommodating everywhere we went. We especially took advantage of the Anara Spa facilities. We used the gym, which was comfortable and well equipped. I took several group exercise classes, including Zumba, aqua aerobics, and Fitball power sculpt with Ani. We enjoyed swimming in the 150 yard lap pool at the spa as well as soaking in the jacuzzis and relaxing in the steam room. We enjoyed eating the restaurants at the facility. We had an especially delicious dinner one night at the Tidepool Restaurant. We enjoyed watching the families with kids enjoying themselves, but also had several options to find quiet adult time. We liked the shopping at the hotel. We liked the local crafts vendors who came and set up their stalls at different times during the week. We loved the tropical birds. Very romantic and fun get away!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Katherine
"not for gays"
we were turned away from the tidepools restaurant on the property. my shirt was sleeveless and yet women could wear tube tops, camisoles and halter necks which were back less but the gay couple (us) were offered shirts and told to cover their arms. We had an awesome massge the day we arrived but our second massage mysteriously disappeared from the books, even though we had proof of purchase and a confirmation email for the booking which was made and paid for 7 weeks earlier..nothing was offered in return. I planned to propose to my partner of 9 years on the day we were to have our second massage and dinner at the tidepools restaurant but given my fury over the way we were treated I held off on the proposal until a more harmonious time. It's frustrating to think we would be engaged to be married had we not been discriminated against ...we had after all come to Kauai to celebrate our 9 year anniversary, my partners 55th birthday and my proposal to him. We'll certainly never return and have been waiting for Hyatt to respond to 2 emails addressing to our concerns.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014