All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Quite clean
    Room is all right
    Uncomfortable
"A good stay"
Everything was well kept and the staff was courteous.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Russell
"Fabulous time!"
Great customer service throughout the hotel! Will be back next time visiting Portland.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
allison
"Every 6 week visit to Portland"
I was pleasantly surprised on how beautiful the lobby was decorated. Of course, I loved the photo gallery they had on display everywhere but specially the lobby. It looked like a beautifully appointed art museum. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room I had was very well appointed and it was surprisingly quiet. I have been coming to Portland every six weeks for a year now to visit our daughter as she goes to school here. I have stayed in a few hotels and this was the best so far. The only disappointment I got was that the house help did not bother to leave any bath amenities on our last night. ((I stayed for 3 nights) plus it looked like she just made the beds and did not bother to vacuum the floor. It's damp and wet in Portland and somehow the carpet in our room did not looked like it had been vacuumed. Maybe, it was just more noticeable on the 4th day.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Marielle
"Two fist bumps"
Stayed here on a business trip and loved this hotel. Great environment, comfy foods, and a solid gym for a morning workout before getting the day going.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Ryan
8th floor, corner room, great view. Might be our new favorite in downtown.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
John & Angela
"Nice Location. Small Rooms"
The hotel location is great. You can walk to just about anywhere downtown. It is also close to the street cars for those places located further out. The staff is great, but the rooms are tiny. You have one (office) chair to sit on or the bed.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Great Pad After a Night Out"
We stayed at the Hotel Lucia on NYE 2014. We got a last minute deal from Hotels.com making the price a steal. The hotel is very nice, but it's an old building making it noisy and somewhat dingy. It was fine for a place to crash after partying. The bathroom was a little grimey (dirty corners, dusty shelves - nothing overly nasty, but just lack of attention to detail). You can hear everything through the room door. The restaurant next door (Imperial) is fantastic. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I'm headed downtown Portland for a night or two on the town and I can catch a Hotel.com deal. Great for young people/couples, but I'd skip if you want quiet or a place for kids. I did spy the Hotel Vintage right next door and it looked much, much nicer for similar vibe.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Duncan
"Lucia is the place for first time Portland visitor"
We checked in on New Year day, and got complementary upgrade to king luxury room.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Awesome place!"
pro: Great location. Amazing staff. Wouldn't have minded better parking but we ended up doing valet. con: Looks like the hotel has been renovated but the heaters are a bit old. Made a lot of noise at night.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Wonderful hotel with great service and in a perfect location!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Exceeded my expectations"
I do a lot of traveling for work, but rarely ever stay in a hotel in my home city. I did so on NYE 2014 so I could enjoy the festivities without driving, and selected the Hotel Lucia. Wonderful staff in a modern, charming lobby. Very comfortable room, with modern accommodations. Only complaint is that rooms on one side of the hallway all have windows into a wasted courtyard-space created by 3 neighboring office buildings. Luckily, the room was so nice I didn't care to look out the window. Since it was NYE, I was welcomed with 2 complimentary small bottles of chilled champagne. Nice touch!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"A great smaller hotel"
A great location, wonderful staff, and quality facility.
4 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great hotel close to great shopping"
The staff was very attentive to all our needs from the moment we walked in the door. The decor was hip enough to be cool but didn't try too hard. So much shopping within a 5 minute walk. We had a great time. Will definitely stay there again
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
M
"Good hotel, close to Pearl District"
Hotel Lucia is close to the Pearl District and downtown Portland. It is an easy walk from the Train station, the Chinese Garden, and many terrific restaurants.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great Stay and Location"
Rooms were a little smaller than expected. Also, the cleaning lady for some reason thought there was only one person in the room and only replaced amenities for one on some nights. Otherwise, the concierge was amazing. They even provided free breakfast on Christmas - yum! The neighborhood was close to everything! I would stay here again :)
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Helen
"Downtown, close for everything."
Nice hotel, with attentive, helpful staff. Only one drawback--very small bathroom. I'd still stay there again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great place to stay in town."
Location is superb! The staff make you feel welcome and were very keen to help when asked. We were grateful for the Christmas morning coffee and snack that was available. We were disappointed that we could not get coffee in the Hotel on Saturday morning as the Penny Cafe does not open on the weekends.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Mother
Very nice rooms with exceptional service. The staff is always happy to assist.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Nice but very small rooms."
Nice hotel, but the rooms are extremely small. I wouldn't stay again.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Noisy"
Noisy. Impossible to sleep due to multiple trash pick up between 1 and 4 am.
3 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"A small room, but a great location."
Excellent location, within walking distance to a ton of places downtown. The room was small, but it worked.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Ernest
"Nice/OK"
It was a great location and the staff are super awesome with service and accomidations. The wifi is not free. The walls are so thin I could hear my neighbors conversations and other activities in my room. May try another place next time. It is nicely decorated.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Tiny Room"
The room was very small, to small for our liking.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
Blaine
"Most helpful front desk staff!"
The room is on the small side but comfortable enough. The Imperial Restaurant is amazing!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"What a Hotel!!!!"
This was a first class hotel. Thank you for the wonderful service and the bed was the most comfortable of all time. Look forward to staying there again. Checking in and out was painless as well.
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Ron
"Perfect for the Holiday Ale Festval"
We were in town for the Festival in Pioneer Square; the hotel was a quick 3 blocks away. And even better, it was a slightly uphill walk and an easy downhill stroll from Pioneer Square. Though are rooms were smallish, they were perfectly comfortable and convenient. I especially liked the bathroom shelf that held all our toiletries. Also the room had plenty of storage space so we could keep the room uncluttered. All the employees at the hotel were friendly and helpful and we appreciated the free newspapers.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Uncomfortable to the max"
Hotel Lucia is very impressed with itself, for reasons hard to discern. Front desk staff are supercilious, the lobby is pretentiously wasted space, our room was suffocatingly small and just suffocating, owing to the antique heating system and the preposterous bedding. (I asked for a change of bedding, and they did not even have blankets to fit the king-size bed.) Drunken hipsters roamed the halls in the wee hours of the night and sang "Addicted to Love" at the top of their lungs in their rooms. Earplugs are offered in the nightstand drawer and will be more useful than a Gideon Bible. Our nightstand drawer was also full of loose potato chips. You'll want to eat out, since the the room is supplied with only a very tiny room-service menu and really bad wine offered for the price of really good wine.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Patrick
"Contemporary remodel of old hotel"
The remodel and decor are quite refreshing. Original black and white David Hume Kennedy celebrity photos are a delight to see and the way they are displayed is quite refreshing. I had a single room and it is nicely decorated but tight. Had to be careful not to bruise my shins between the wood bed frame and desk as there is just about 18 inch space.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Traveler
"Very nice."
Loved the hotel. Very nice room. Very friendly staff. Also, we wanted to be downtown and near Powell's. So the location was great-- for what we wanted. The only thing that could have been better was a slightly larger space in the bathroom to set things on-- very minor issue. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
great staff. knew my name at the very beginning, and remembered it throughout the stay. Brought my car around without even having to look at my ticket. I was impressed with this type of personal touch - i will be back!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
lmu parent
Small but very nice room. Great staff. Good dinner. We had a great time. Very attentive staff and valet.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Super location"
Great location. In vicinity to great food and shopping.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Nice downtown hotel"
Staff was friendly. Located close to public transportation. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet and tastefully decorated. Minibar is stocked with local treats. My only negative was one of the coffee mugs was chipped. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Not my best stay"
Overall good experience but the room was very small. I thought I was getting a deal with the price but I don't think was standard room. Also there were hairs remaining in the bathroom on the rug and shower wall (which I didn't make an issue with. Lastly is I left a couple of bottles of cologne behind but they weren't "found". More annoyed at myself for "losing" them.
Damiane
"Great hotel, close to the art scene and Powell's!"
Hotel Lucia feels luxurious without the luxurious price you might expect. The beautiful art displayed adds to the atmosphere of the hotel. Photographs in the elevators make me smile or in some cases laugh out loud. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Being a woman staying alone can feel uncomfortable at times. Not at the Hotel Lucia.
"Awesome winter stay"
Great, chic looking hotel. Awesome customer service, from the front desk staff to the valet guys. Thanks for printing our basketball tickets and storing our rented bikes :)
Diana
Great location, near Pioneer Square and Tri Met transportation to airport. Within walking distance of everything downtown and the Pearl District.
"Highly recommend"
We had a great stay, the staff were very helpful. Thanks so much
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Ron
"Getting out and into Portland"
Our first visit to Portland exceeded expectations! The hotel was immaculate and service excellent. The attached restaurant Imperial was lively with the best seats at the kitchen bar. Particularly impressive were the doormen (Matthew and crew) with accurate directions and fun suggestions. Highly recommended.
4 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Staff members were extremely rude and didn't help out at all during room service.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Good Balance"
I rarely give 5 stars, but for this stay there were simply no complaints. The room was a little small, but comfortable, and the in-room safe is always welcome. The bathroom was extra large. Peace and quiet were above average. And, the location can't be beat. A very pleasant stay overall.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Mark P.
"The art of polishing a t"%#."
Staff was awesome. Rooms were small with miniature bathrooms, but furnished nicely with updated fixtures. Obviously an old building, but attention to detail in the revamping was 0. No ventilation in bathroom left mildew and cracked/pealing paint. Inside part of old doorknob missing 3 out of 4 screws and falling off. Shower grout needs cleaning. A little bit of detail goes a long ways when you're charging $200+/night.
Response by Hotel Lucia
Thank you for your honest feedback and our engineering team is addressing the issues of concern in the bathroom. We like to make you feel at home, without having to do home improvements. I'm very pleased to hear our staff was on point through out your stay and the modern furnishings were to your liking. Regards, Nick Stibolt Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Great location, tiny room"
Really great location but the room was tiny. Now I know what they mean when they say boutique hotel. Besides the size especially the bathroom (think closet) and the terrible view (inner room) the hotel was very comfortable. Good beds, a bit loud could hear other rooms, but would definitely stay here again for easy walking to everything. Staff was very nice too.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
shopgirl
"Lots of character!"
I loved Hotel Lucia. The hotel has lots of character, is very comfortable, clean, and quiet and the staff is 5 star accommodating! It is in an ideal location... walking distance to any place you'd like to go in downtown. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
HollyJo
"Hotel Lucia"
We enjoyed the hotel a lot, great staff, very clean rooms. We don't what brand the beds are but we are pretty sure they use them in heaven. The hotel was very centrally located most Portland destinations are with in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Jerry
"Upscale hotel, convenient location"
This comfortable, modern hotel is in a very convenient location that's within walking distance to plenty of restaurants, the waterfront and shopping. Though rather small rooms, they're comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel offers free wifi and their gym has a number of machines and free weights. Hotel staff is helpful and friendly. Parking is $30 valet (w/in and out privileges) or you can park directly across the street (no in and out) for $20/day. There's so much nearby we didn't need our car. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
LR
Helpful staff very professional perfect location comfortable rooms
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
kevin
"Small room, big price"
At check-in the staff were great. The valet brought the car around when needed and we never had to wait & the rooms were clean.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Beautiful, Quaint, relaxing"
Loved this little room! It is smaller by most American standards, but I loved it. I was only one person though and it might have been too crowded for two ( 1-bed, Q-size). Very clean. Quiet! My room faced the interior block on the 9th floor. Good gym (except for the grunting,sweaty guy, but there is always one, isn't there?). I ran the stairs and that was a good workout too ( 9 floors). I walked everywhere, to the Pearl, to the SW, to the water. About 15 min each direction. Great staff, new everything a wheat-allergy gal needs. High recommendation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
MeJane
"Great location and attached eateries."
The room charge was more than I would normally pay but the location and time of year was worth the money. The food at Penny Wise and Imperial Cafés was outstanding.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014