All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
400 SW Broadway, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Most helpful front desk staff!"
The room is on the small side but comfortable enough. The Imperial Restaurant is amazing!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"What a Hotel!!!!"
This was a first class hotel. Thank you for the wonderful service and the bed was the most comfortable of all time. Look forward to staying there again. Checking in and out was painless as well.
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Ron
"Perfect for the Holiday Ale Festval"
We were in town for the Festival in Pioneer Square; the hotel was a quick 3 blocks away. And even better, it was a slightly uphill walk and an easy downhill stroll from Pioneer Square. Though are rooms were smallish, they were perfectly comfortable and convenient. I especially liked the bathroom shelf that held all our toiletries. Also the room had plenty of storage space so we could keep the room uncluttered. All the employees at the hotel were friendly and helpful and we appreciated the free newspapers.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Uncomfortable to the max"
Hotel Lucia is very impressed with itself, for reasons hard to discern. Front desk staff are supercilious, the lobby is pretentiously wasted space, our room was suffocatingly small and just suffocating, owing to the antique heating system and the preposterous bedding. (I asked for a change of bedding, and they did not even have blankets to fit the king-size bed.) Drunken hipsters roamed the halls in the wee hours of the night and sang "Addicted to Love" at the top of their lungs in their rooms. Earplugs are offered in the nightstand drawer and will be more useful than a Gideon Bible. Our nightstand drawer was also full of loose potato chips. You'll want to eat out, since the the room is supplied with only a very tiny room-service menu and really bad wine offered for the price of really good wine.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Patrick
"Contemporary remodel of old hotel"
The remodel and decor are quite refreshing. Original black and white David Hume Kennedy celebrity photos are a delight to see and the way they are displayed is quite refreshing. I had a single room and it is nicely decorated but tight. Had to be careful not to bruise my shins between the wood bed frame and desk as there is just about 18 inch space.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Traveler
"Very nice."
Loved the hotel. Very nice room. Very friendly staff. Also, we wanted to be downtown and near Powell's. So the location was great-- for what we wanted. The only thing that could have been better was a slightly larger space in the bathroom to set things on-- very minor issue. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
great staff. knew my name at the very beginning, and remembered it throughout the stay. Brought my car around without even having to look at my ticket. I was impressed with this type of personal touch - i will be back!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
lmu parent
Small but very nice room. Great staff. Good dinner. We had a great time. Very attentive staff and valet.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Super location"
Great location. In vicinity to great food and shopping.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Nice downtown hotel"
Staff was friendly. Located close to public transportation. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet and tastefully decorated. Minibar is stocked with local treats. My only negative was one of the coffee mugs was chipped. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Not my best stay"
Overall good experience but the room was very small. I thought I was getting a deal with the price but I don't think was standard room. Also there were hairs remaining in the bathroom on the rug and shower wall (which I didn't make an issue with. Lastly is I left a couple of bottles of cologne behind but they weren't "found". More annoyed at myself for "losing" them.
Damiane
"Great hotel, close to the art scene and Powell's!"
Hotel Lucia feels luxurious without the luxurious price you might expect. The beautiful art displayed adds to the atmosphere of the hotel. Photographs in the elevators make me smile or in some cases laugh out loud. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Being a woman staying alone can feel uncomfortable at times. Not at the Hotel Lucia.
"Awesome winter stay"
Great, chic looking hotel. Awesome customer service, from the front desk staff to the valet guys. Thanks for printing our basketball tickets and storing our rented bikes :)
Diana
Great location, near Pioneer Square and Tri Met transportation to airport. Within walking distance of everything downtown and the Pearl District.
"Highly recommend"
We had a great stay, the staff were very helpful. Thanks so much
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Ron
"Getting out and into Portland"
Our first visit to Portland exceeded expectations! The hotel was immaculate and service excellent. The attached restaurant Imperial was lively with the best seats at the kitchen bar. Particularly impressive were the doormen (Matthew and crew) with accurate directions and fun suggestions. Highly recommended.
4 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Staff members were extremely rude and didn't help out at all during room service.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Good Balance"
I rarely give 5 stars, but for this stay there were simply no complaints. The room was a little small, but comfortable, and the in-room safe is always welcome. The bathroom was extra large. Peace and quiet were above average. And, the location can't be beat. A very pleasant stay overall.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Mark P.
"The art of polishing a t"%#."
Staff was awesome. Rooms were small with miniature bathrooms, but furnished nicely with updated fixtures. Obviously an old building, but attention to detail in the revamping was 0. No ventilation in bathroom left mildew and cracked/pealing paint. Inside part of old doorknob missing 3 out of 4 screws and falling off. Shower grout needs cleaning. A little bit of detail goes a long ways when you're charging $200+/night.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for your honest feedback and our engineering team is addressing the issues of concern in the bathroom. We like to make you feel at home, without having to do home improvements. I'm very pleased to hear our staff was on point through out your stay and the modern furnishings were to your liking. Regards, Nick Stibolt Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Great location, tiny room"
Really great location but the room was tiny. Now I know what they mean when they say boutique hotel. Besides the size especially the bathroom (think closet) and the terrible view (inner room) the hotel was very comfortable. Good beds, a bit loud could hear other rooms, but would definitely stay here again for easy walking to everything. Staff was very nice too.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
shopgirl
"Lots of character!"
I loved Hotel Lucia. The hotel has lots of character, is very comfortable, clean, and quiet and the staff is 5 star accommodating! It is in an ideal location... walking distance to any place you'd like to go in downtown. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
HollyJo
"Hotel Lucia"
We enjoyed the hotel a lot, great staff, very clean rooms. We don't what brand the beds are but we are pretty sure they use them in heaven. The hotel was very centrally located most Portland destinations are with in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Jerry
"Upscale hotel, convenient location"
This comfortable, modern hotel is in a very convenient location that's within walking distance to plenty of restaurants, the waterfront and shopping. Though rather small rooms, they're comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel offers free wifi and their gym has a number of machines and free weights. Hotel staff is helpful and friendly. Parking is $30 valet (w/in and out privileges) or you can park directly across the street (no in and out) for $20/day. There's so much nearby we didn't need our car. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
LR
Helpful staff very professional perfect location comfortable rooms
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
kevin
"Small room, big price"
At check-in the staff were great. The valet brought the car around when needed and we never had to wait & the rooms were clean.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Beautiful, Quaint, relaxing"
Loved this little room! It is smaller by most American standards, but I loved it. I was only one person though and it might have been too crowded for two ( 1-bed, Q-size). Very clean. Quiet! My room faced the interior block on the 9th floor. Good gym (except for the grunting,sweaty guy, but there is always one, isn't there?). I ran the stairs and that was a good workout too ( 9 floors). I walked everywhere, to the Pearl, to the SW, to the water. About 15 min each direction. Great staff, new everything a wheat-allergy gal needs. High recommendation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
MeJane
"Great location and attached eateries."
The room charge was more than I would normally pay but the location and time of year was worth the money. The food at Penny Wise and Imperial Cafés was outstanding.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
pat
"Excellent value"
Good central downtown location, with easy access to great restaurants; very attractive and sophisticated interiors; luxurious new sheets; attention to detail is excellent; rooms are small but have all essential amenities, and because of clever decorating do not feel cramped; staff are friendly and very helpful. This hotel helped make our stay in Portland successful. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it wholeheartedly.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Should have stayed at a B&B"
The room was small, noisy, and dated (and not in the charming way). Maybe the hipster doofus crowd is willing to sacrifice comfort for the convenience of being downtown, but given how easy it is to take the metro I wish we would have stayed somewhere else. Anywhere else.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location, small room"
The Hotel Lucia was a great location to stay while attending a business conference in downtown Portland. Well designed contemporary atmosphere. Nice lobby and restaurants downstairs, walk-able area, and great service from the hotel staff for anything you need. My room was quite small (possibly due to the large bed taking up all the space? Might be better with a double bed?). Luckily, it was *just* big enough to add a pack-n-play (provided by the hotel) next to the bed, for my baby to sleep in. I was surprised by the size of the room - but I truly did not mind because it was a very comfortable and luxurious space with everything you might need, including a large closet space to tuck suitcases out of the way. My favorite thing was the hotel pencils (instead of pens) next to each writing tablet ~ and yes, I took one with me! I love pencils - don't see them often anymore...
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review. We appreciate you noticing the contemporary design of our lobby and restaurant and were pleased to know that you enjoyed great service from our staff. Please consider us again the next time you come to visit Portland. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Rockaway
"Helpfulness"
arrived early due to flight schedule. There was an available room so they offered for us to check on early
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Great news and thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Very happy to know that we were able to check you in early so that you could get on with your day. We look forward to your next visit. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
scott
"OK hotel in convenient downtown location."
The staff was friendly & helpful. Centrally located downtown which was convenient for walking from place to place. Overall it's a nice clean hotel, but the room was extremely small for the price.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the honest review. We have many room types and options to choose from. I know that, if given the chance, we could have found you the perfect room. Our team of friendly and helpful associates always work hard to ensure the best experience possible. Again, thank you very much for your feedback and business. Both are appreciated. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown."
Very nice hotel in downtown Portland. Very clean with accommodating staff. Parking fee of $35 a bit much but would stay again
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the very positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We will continue to work hard on ensuring our parking fees are competitive and we look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you. Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip May 17, 2014
"BEAUTIFUL & relaxing"
We had a wonderful stay! The front desk staff was extremely accommodating & helped us into a not-so-smelly room, after our first one seemed as though someone spilled the room spray. Spacious & light room, amazingly cozy bed…everything was perfect. Thank you for having us!
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the Guest Service team was able to find you a spacious, light room with a cozy bed. Respectfully, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip May 4, 2014
Holly
"Great, smaller downtown hotel"
Lot's of help on arrival, friendly staff, cool bar scene off the lobby, great art in the lobby
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Great review. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our hotel features the photography of Pulitzer Prize winner, David Hume Kennerly along with well curated art throughout. Along with the cool bar and friendly staff you definitely experienced the Hotel Lucia at its best. Respectfully, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip May 2, 2014
Scramblinman
"Would recommend"
Our Queen room was small and required a little dancing around for two people to get ready in the morning. But nothing too bad if you don't mind being close to the erson your staying with. Think European style. Funishings were modern, comfy and clean. The staff was fantastic. Example: They have a pillow menu! We didn't care for the pillow style the first night so the next day we found six pillows and a body pillow on the bed ready for us to try out. Wow.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions with us. So nice to hear that our staff took the extra step to find just the right pillow for you. In addition to our pillow menu we also have a spiritual menu and ipod menu as well. Consider taking advantage of all three the next time you come to Portland to visit. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
4 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
We came to Portland from Seattle for a weekend getaway and had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Right next to everything, staff was fabulous and rooms were great. We will definitely be coming back! !! Thank you!!!
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for chosing the Hotel Lucia for your recent weekend getaway. Yes, please, do come back to Portland and when you do, please consider staying at the Hotel Lucia again. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice hotel downtown Portland"
We were there for one night with our adult kids and spouses for a concert in town. A very nice hotel with great staff. All 3 rooms were on the same floor which was a plus. Our rooms were very small ( but no different from upscale hotel in New Your City downtown) but very updated and clean. Excellent comfortable beds! The rooms have all the amenities you would expect in a nicer hotel. They had valet parking which was great! We were also across the street from the restaurant El Gaucho where we had dinner reservations. We had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant of the hotel which was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and would stay there again in the future.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for noticing the comfortable beds. All of our beds are brand new, as are the rest of our guest room furnishings. Thank you for the great review and for recommending the Hotel Lucia to your friends. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Caroline
Great hotel: its staff, location, restaurant and bar. Knew it was a good sign when I heard Radiohead playing in the lobby as I checked in. Has interesting art and pictures throughout and on the walls and a great happy hour with fun bartenders, and a solid happy hour menu from the restaurant grill. Very nice and helpful staff, every single one of them I interacted with. Highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for noticing the interesting are and photography and for mentioning our helpful staff. We really appreciate your endorsement of the Hotel Lucia and look forward to having you with us again. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
Wade
"Heart of downtown Portland"
Overall, a really nice place, helpful friendly staff , beautiful lobby and great location. The room was a bit small, but well appointed.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
So pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and accomodating. Please let us know the next time you are in Portland. It would be nice to have you with us again. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
chris
"A Bit Overrated"
Jan and I had heard great things about Hotel Lucia, and on-line reviews were excellent. The service was consistent with the reviews and the Imperial Restaurant was not only excellent, but remarkably reasonable. Where things broke down was the room itself. It was barely larger than the queen size bed, and the bathroom was miniscule. I was surprised that the bathroom used one of those public restaurant toilets with a roaring flush, which detracted from the elegance, albeit small, of the surroundings.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the honest feedback. While most of our rooms are larger, we have one or two that are on the small side. I truly hope you gave our Guest Service agents an opportunity to find you a more suitable room and encourage you to touch bases with us prior to your next visit. We would be happy to find you the perfect room to go with the excellent service you recieved. Sincerely, Chris Bebo General Manager
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Perfect"
perfect location, awesome staff, clean, though wished for the room to be little bigger
4 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"pretty hotel, but limited services"
I arrived super late at night for a quick business trip and was disappointed to learn it was impossible to order a glass of wine for a nightcap. The hotel is pretty and artfully designed, but the room was TINY. I was relieved that I was traveling alone and with only a tiny carry on, otherwise we may not have fit in the room. The bathroom door was barely able to open and the bathroom sink was the size of my hand. The door man was exceptionally nice and helpful but the front desk staff was not as accommodating. With so many options in the area, I wouldn't choose to stay at this hotel again.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your input. Both your review and business are extremely important to us. While I am not sure what time you arrived at the hotel I will point out that all of our honor bars offer both red and white wines for your enjoyment. My apologies if the restaurant wasn't able to deliver on your request, however. Please consider staying with us again. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest and we know that you won't be dissapointed. Respectfully, Chris Bebo General Manager
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
jamil
"Another Pig with Lipstick on It"
Another typical stay at a so-called "boutique" hotel, in which lipstick, in this case tons of stylish black and white photographs featuring politicians and movie stars, covers for rooms that are slightly larger than the closets you get in New York City. Good luck navigating the space between the bed and the bathroom!
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. The Hotel Lucia is the home of the largest collection of Pulitzer Prize winning photographer, David Hume Kennerly's work In addition, we have a very well curated collection of art throughout the entire hotel. While some of our rooms are smaller, we do have many large rooms. We encourage our guests to contact the hotel in advance of their arrival if they have specific requests regarding location, etc. Thank you again for your thoughtful review. Regards, General Manager
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
"Nice hotel but not quite our style"
We wanted to try something new for a weekend away from home so we hit up Downtown Portland! The valet staff was very friendly and and the front desk staff was "nice". They did seem a little snooty and some of the recommendations they gave us for a night out didn't fit our style. Nothing personal against the staff though- perhaps just asking what we were looking for would have helped with a better match. The room was very comfortable although small. We did get upgrade to a King room from a Queen which was a great surprise. The bathroom was super small- no way more than one person could be in there at once not even to brush our teeth at the same time. The bed was really comfortable and the black out curtains helped us to sleep in! From reading reviews I was a little nervous about the noise levels- we were on the 3rd level and didn't hear much of anything! Overall this was a nice hotel but not quite our style.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Very nice hotel!"
I stayed here for 2 nights and I was very impressed. Everything was first class. Rooms were newly renovated. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Mini bar in the room and a very nice Samsung tv on the wall. Only downside is that the room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bed took up the majority of the room. This was ok with me since I was traveling alone on business, but would be an issue if I was staying with another person. Overall this was a great hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. Close to nice restaurants and plenty of street food vendors. I definitely recommend Hotel Lucia.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the positive recommendation. Our location is great, as you point out, and our beds and pillows are new and of the finest quality. We appreciate the fact you commented on them. Please consider the Hotel Lucia for future trips to Portland. It would be our pleasure to have you return. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
It was the fastest check-in I have ever had, great service
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Excellent location. Excellent service."
This is a great Portland hotel. Impressed with the kindness and friendliness of employees. Rooms are clean and well stocked (mini bar, free coffee and tea etc.) Highly recommend.
Response by Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate your kind feedback. Regards, Chris Bebo General Manager
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Nick
The bathroom did not have a fan. The king size bed occupied a space.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
"Everything was great but..."
The bed was rock solid. I dont know if I've ever slept on a harder bed. Other than that, every thing was great.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2014