All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here400 SW Broadway, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The art of polishing a t"%#."
Staff was awesome. Rooms were small with miniature bathrooms, but furnished nicely with updated fixtures. Obviously an old building, but attention to detail in the revamping was 0. No ventilation in bathroom left mildew and cracked/pealing paint. Inside part of old doorknob missing 3 out of 4 screws and falling off. Shower grout needs cleaning. A little bit of detail goes a long ways when you're charging $200+/night.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Great location, tiny room"
Really great location but the room was tiny. Now I know what they mean when they say boutique hotel. Besides the size especially the bathroom (think closet) and the terrible view (inner room) the hotel was very comfortable. Good beds, a bit loud could hear other rooms, but would definitely stay here again for easy walking to everything. Staff was very nice too.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
shopgirl
"Lots of character!"
I loved Hotel Lucia. The hotel has lots of character, is very comfortable, clean, and quiet and the staff is 5 star accommodating! It is in an ideal location... walking distance to any place you'd like to go in downtown. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
HollyJo
"Hotel Lucia"
We enjoyed the hotel a lot, great staff, very clean rooms. We don't what brand the beds are but we are pretty sure they use them in heaven. The hotel was very centrally located most Portland destinations are with in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Jerry
"Upscale hotel, convenient location"
This comfortable, modern hotel is in a very convenient location that's within walking distance to plenty of restaurants, the waterfront and shopping. Though rather small rooms, they're comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel offers free wifi and their gym has a number of machines and free weights. Hotel staff is helpful and friendly. Parking is $30 valet (w/in and out privileges) or you can park directly across the street (no in and out) for $20/day. There's so much nearby we didn't need our car. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
LR
Helpful staff very professional perfect location comfortable rooms
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
kevin
"Small room, big price"
At check-in the staff were great. The valet brought the car around when needed and we never had to wait & the rooms were clean.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Beautiful, Quaint, relaxing"
Loved this little room! It is smaller by most American standards, but I loved it. I was only one person though and it might have been too crowded for two ( 1-bed, Q-size). Very clean. Quiet! My room faced the interior block on the 9th floor. Good gym (except for the grunting,sweaty guy, but there is always one, isn't there?). I ran the stairs and that was a good workout too ( 9 floors). I walked everywhere, to the Pearl, to the SW, to the water. About 15 min each direction. Great staff, new everything a wheat-allergy gal needs. High recommendation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
MeJane
"Great location and attached eateries."
The room charge was more than I would normally pay but the location and time of year was worth the money. The food at Penny Wise and Imperial Cafés was outstanding.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
pat
"Excellent value"
Good central downtown location, with easy access to great restaurants; very attractive and sophisticated interiors; luxurious new sheets; attention to detail is excellent; rooms are small but have all essential amenities, and because of clever decorating do not feel cramped; staff are friendly and very helpful. This hotel helped make our stay in Portland successful. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it wholeheartedly.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Should have stayed at a B&B"
The room was small, noisy, and dated (and not in the charming way). Maybe the hipster doofus crowd is willing to sacrifice comfort for the convenience of being downtown, but given how easy it is to take the metro I wish we would have stayed somewhere else. Anywhere else.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location, small room"
The Hotel Lucia was a great location to stay while attending a business conference in downtown Portland. Well designed contemporary atmosphere. Nice lobby and restaurants downstairs, walk-able area, and great service from the hotel staff for anything you need. My room was quite small (possibly due to the large bed taking up all the space? Might be better with a double bed?). Luckily, it was *just* big enough to add a pack-n-play (provided by the hotel) next to the bed, for my baby to sleep in. I was surprised by the size of the room - but I truly did not mind because it was a very comfortable and luxurious space with everything you might need, including a large closet space to tuck suitcases out of the way. My favorite thing was the hotel pencils (instead of pens) next to each writing tablet ~ and yes, I took one with me! I love pencils - don't see them often anymore...
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Rockaway
"Helpfulness"
arrived early due to flight schedule. There was an available room so they offered for us to check on early
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
scott
"OK hotel in convenient downtown location."
The staff was friendly & helpful. Centrally located downtown which was convenient for walking from place to place. Overall it's a nice clean hotel, but the room was extremely small for the price.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown."
Very nice hotel in downtown Portland. Very clean with accommodating staff. Parking fee of $35 a bit much but would stay again
Other trip May 17, 2014
"BEAUTIFUL & relaxing"
We had a wonderful stay! The front desk staff was extremely accommodating & helped us into a not-so-smelly room, after our first one seemed as though someone spilled the room spray. Spacious & light room, amazingly cozy bed…everything was perfect. Thank you for having us!
Other trip May 4, 2014
Holly
"Great, smaller downtown hotel"
Lot's of help on arrival, friendly staff, cool bar scene off the lobby, great art in the lobby
Other trip May 2, 2014
Scramblinman
"Would recommend"
Our Queen room was small and required a little dancing around for two people to get ready in the morning. But nothing too bad if you don't mind being close to the erson your staying with. Think European style. Funishings were modern, comfy and clean. The staff was fantastic. Example: They have a pillow menu! We didn't care for the pillow style the first night so the next day we found six pillows and a body pillow on the bed ready for us to try out. Wow.
4 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
We came to Portland from Seattle for a weekend getaway and had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Right next to everything, staff was fabulous and rooms were great. We will definitely be coming back! !! Thank you!!!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice hotel downtown Portland"
We were there for one night with our adult kids and spouses for a concert in town. A very nice hotel with great staff. All 3 rooms were on the same floor which was a plus. Our rooms were very small ( but no different from upscale hotel in New Your City downtown) but very updated and clean. Excellent comfortable beds! The rooms have all the amenities you would expect in a nicer hotel. They had valet parking which was great! We were also across the street from the restaurant El Gaucho where we had dinner reservations. We had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant of the hotel which was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and would stay there again in the future.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Caroline
Great hotel: its staff, location, restaurant and bar. Knew it was a good sign when I heard Radiohead playing in the lobby as I checked in. Has interesting art and pictures throughout and on the walls and a great happy hour with fun bartenders, and a solid happy hour menu from the restaurant grill. Very nice and helpful staff, every single one of them I interacted with. Highly recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
Wade
"Heart of downtown Portland"
Overall, a really nice place, helpful friendly staff , beautiful lobby and great location. The room was a bit small, but well appointed.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
chris
"A Bit Overrated"
Jan and I had heard great things about Hotel Lucia, and on-line reviews were excellent. The service was consistent with the reviews and the Imperial Restaurant was not only excellent, but remarkably reasonable. Where things broke down was the room itself. It was barely larger than the queen size bed, and the bathroom was miniscule. I was surprised that the bathroom used one of those public restaurant toilets with a roaring flush, which detracted from the elegance, albeit small, of the surroundings.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Perfect"
perfect location, awesome staff, clean, though wished for the room to be little bigger
4 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"pretty hotel, but limited services"
I arrived super late at night for a quick business trip and was disappointed to learn it was impossible to order a glass of wine for a nightcap. The hotel is pretty and artfully designed, but the room was TINY. I was relieved that I was traveling alone and with only a tiny carry on, otherwise we may not have fit in the room. The bathroom door was barely able to open and the bathroom sink was the size of my hand. The door man was exceptionally nice and helpful but the front desk staff was not as accommodating. With so many options in the area, I wouldn't choose to stay at this hotel again.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
jamil
"Another Pig with Lipstick on It"
Another typical stay at a so-called "boutique" hotel, in which lipstick, in this case tons of stylish black and white photographs featuring politicians and movie stars, covers for rooms that are slightly larger than the closets you get in New York City. Good luck navigating the space between the bed and the bathroom!
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
"Nice hotel but not quite our style"
We wanted to try something new for a weekend away from home so we hit up Downtown Portland! The valet staff was very friendly and and the front desk staff was "nice". They did seem a little snooty and some of the recommendations they gave us for a night out didn't fit our style. Nothing personal against the staff though- perhaps just asking what we were looking for would have helped with a better match. The room was very comfortable although small. We did get upgrade to a King room from a Queen which was a great surprise. The bathroom was super small- no way more than one person could be in there at once not even to brush our teeth at the same time. The bed was really comfortable and the black out curtains helped us to sleep in! From reading reviews I was a little nervous about the noise levels- we were on the 3rd level and didn't hear much of anything! Overall this was a nice hotel but not quite our style.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Very nice hotel!"
I stayed here for 2 nights and I was very impressed. Everything was first class. Rooms were newly renovated. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Mini bar in the room and a very nice Samsung tv on the wall. Only downside is that the room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bed took up the majority of the room. This was ok with me since I was traveling alone on business, but would be an issue if I was staying with another person. Overall this was a great hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. Close to nice restaurants and plenty of street food vendors. I definitely recommend Hotel Lucia.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
It was the fastest check-in I have ever had, great service
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Excellent location. Excellent service."
This is a great Portland hotel. Impressed with the kindness and friendliness of employees. Rooms are clean and well stocked (mini bar, free coffee and tea etc.) Highly recommend.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Nick
The bathroom did not have a fan. The king size bed occupied a space.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
"Everything was great but..."
The bed was rock solid. I dont know if I've ever slept on a harder bed. Other than that, every thing was great.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2014
Eddie
"Nice Hotel downtown Portland"
The hotel was nice and the location is in walking distance from the Portland theatre, shopping and parks.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
D.A.
"Great location but not a good night's sleep"
The hotel is old, but nice. It's in a great location downtown with plenty of shopping and dining in walking distance. The bad side is the floor heater was incredibly loud with clanking about every half hour which made it difficult for a good nights sleep. Also the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable.
4 night romance trip Jan 2, 2014
Ken
"Awesome location, great staff."
This is a great hotel. Awesome location if you're looking to be in Downtown Portland. I felt the room service prices were a little high but you shouldn't be ordering room service if you're in Portland. Very good restaurants nearby. The Imperial right next door is awesome. Great food, good prices. Near the the train and The Max, Powell's Books is close too. Whenever I come back to Portland I'll stay here.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Trevor
"Loved it!"
My husband and I had a very welcoming, pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"centrally located"
Hotel Lucia is in a great location downtown and was affordable. We were there during the coldest 4 days in 40 years in Portland, so that put a little damper on our activities. The room was small but nicely redone, except for the heat. Apparently it would not work at all unless a fan was blowing constantly. The fan air was cold, which the ineffective baseboard heater did not make up for. We did enjoy room service and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would most like stay there again.
4 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Ike & Paul
I will keep it brief and bullet my thoughts: 1. The valet and bell staff were great. 2. The front desk staff were okay except for 1 that was awful. I actually had a button on my shirt come undone and my bra was showing..instead of telling me I was exposed, she let me walk away and then I saw her making fun of me to the other employee. In the hotel's defense, the general manager was very apologetic but I can say I've never been treated like this before and will never be back. If you see Dezarae, stay away. 3. They are doing construction so be aware that this can be cumbersome during the day. 4. The beds are comfortable 5. Great location downtown
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Katie
"Great Location and Staff"
Perfectly located in the center part of Portland. While there, a power outage shut down a several block area including the Hotel Lucia. The staff responded quickly with emergency lighting and information. We eventually were sent (at no extra charge) to the nearby Governor Hotel to finish our stay. Everyone was very accommodating. We would definitely go back.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Thanksgiving Trip"
I would not recommend this to anyone. VERY small bathroom, very small and overflowing sink. No hot water, just warm and lots of very cold to shower with. No counter space what's so ever. Land line did not work, clock did not work, no view unless you like the venting system to peer at. Other visitors use the ice machine all night long. Room service person doesn't like his job much. They over charged my cc by over 100.00 I still need to call to fix that. Apparently its my problem.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Room very small, poorly designed"
Lucia is located downtown on a major street near the Pearl district. It has several floors and several rooms per floor.There was construction underway and during the day one elevator was unavailable and some of the lobby area was messy. Service personnel were uniformly pleasant and helpful. Wife and I stayed 4 nights in a tiny room. There were only 2 storage drawers, in a nightstand. A large bureau supported an over-large TV plus various inessential clutter. Bureau contained the minibar on one side and several snacks on the floor of the other side. Nothing above that; i.e., the snack side could/should have held several shelves for clothes or other guest items. One standard folding bag supporter in the room but no space for it - we had to move a big heavy table to fit it. Our other suitcase we put on the table (after removing more clutter), making it useless for any other purpose. The clutter - tourist lit, coffee pot, ice bucket, etc. all had to be stored on the floor in a corner to make room for our stuff. There were few electrical outlets, and only one that could be used for a hair dryer. The coffee shop downstairs has no tables and short hours - it's essentially a workday take-out place with loud rock music blaring all the time. The nicer restaurant has an extremely noisy duct system to draw off smoke from the stoves; we went once for breakfast (food was good) then avoided it because of noise. There are a lot of panhandlers in the area. I would not go back here..
4 night family trip Nov 20, 2013
GLG
Queen deluxe room was very small, definately not set up for two people. Bathroom was tiny. HVAC was very noisy and seemed to blow nothing but cold air, but had to keep it on or the room got too hot. My friend stayed in a king deluxe room which was about twice the size. Would considering staying here again in a king deluxe room. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
"Small rooms, loud and being renovated"
Not what I was expecting for the price. Room was tiny, but decently appointed. Nothing special. The bed was clearly a double bed despite saying it would be a Queen in the booking. The sheets were clearly for a queen because they were far too large for the bed in the room. Doors are paper thin. I had my Do Not Disturb sign out so housekeeping wouldn't wake me but honestly that made no difference because the door is so thin I could hear housekeepers knocking and opening/closing every door on the hallway each morning. The bathroom had no fan and was also tiny. I'd say book elsewhere. Not worth the price paid
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
"Okay except for the sink in bathroom"
Except for the bathroom sink which is super small for a boutique hotels we have been to. Overall the hotel and the location is okay
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
Genev
"HIP & COMFORTABLE!"
Staff was excellent. Attentive to every need. Hotel was very hip, neat art everywhere. Restaurant and bar in hotel was really great. Rooms were very comfortable and modernized. Will definitely go back to this hotel!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Robin
The location for hotel Lucia couldn't be better! When other people say the rooms are small they mean it! Very very small rooms! Hotel staff was pretentious. With the exceptence of the vallet attendants, all of whom were very helpful!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2013
Very comfortable, great location, extra helpful and friendly staff all the way around!
2 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Relaxing Overnight Stay"
Super attentive staff - all very accommodating. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2013
Kelly Hagettt
"Loud, Cold, Overpriced"
Lucia is a lovely place and the people are very nice but our room (second floor king), was very small, the heat was very hard to regulate without opening a window and the resulting street noise was intolerable. At the price I paid, I expected a greater level of comfort, even for a boutique hotel. I left more exhausted than I arrived. The presence of free earplugs on the nightstand speaks volumes. It strains me to say, but I won't be back.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Well appointed hotel in mid-town."
Excellent service from the staff and adjoining restaurant. Only complaint is the deluxe room (#309) is extremely small for two (2) people.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013