All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street, Boston, MA, 02116, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1587

"Tiny House Nation"
The staff was very good, the hotel itself is a different story. To say the room was small is an understatement. The bathroom could fit in a phone booth. The shower was less than 2 feet wide with a shower curtain that stuck to your body making a shower a gymnastic event. The shower curtain was also short causing a flood into the rest of the bathroom requiring a blanket to absorb the water to avoid slipping once out of the shower. Upon leaving the manager said we should have asked to be moved. My point was how could you charge money to rent that room- to anyone!
3 night business trip May 29, 2015
Great location, aging, small room. Overall hotel image is better than the room but comfortable with no outlook. Thanks to Hotels.com, rate was appropriate for great location but two and a half star room.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Great service, amazing location"
On check-in the front desk was very accommodating granting all my requests. Once in the room I called down for some additional amenities. The response was quick and friendly. Wi-Fi was good. One small block from the Boston Public Park and Boston Commons. Wonderful food in close walking distance. A couple of blocks away very posh and seemed like a larger church every block. With 12 noon check-out needed to stash our bags a couple more hours before heading off for the train/plane -- they had a friendly efficient bell-hop service set up in the lobby that held our bags until needed. My folio was under the door the morning we were checking out, so there was no reason to line up at the desk. Only reason not getting 5* is that there were three of us in the room (2 adults & one teenager). The room wasn't large enough to accommodate a cot as it would have been a fire hazard so sleeping was somewhat cramped. The T was also only a block away though we only left the neighborhood once to visit the Aquarian. Back Bay is a great walking community. It is only a $6 cab ride to South Station.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Lynda
"Nice location but pricy for the service"
Great location but the rooms are dated. You can request a double room thought hotels.com but they won't honor it and try to up charge you for the bed. Elevators took 30 minutes to come (every time!). It's a nice location but not worth the rate.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Lots of character"
Very nice amenities, staff, location.
5 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Park Plaza Broom Closet"
Bad experience from the start. They could not find my hotels.com reservation. Took me an extra 30 minutes to get to my room. The previous shift manager did not download the reservation and the new shift manager had to go through emails to find my reservation. I even called ahead and said i would be arriving late since my flight was delayed. I was guaranteed a standard room but was given a broom closet. It was the smallest room. I had to stand side sways in the shower. This room was not worth the money I paid. There are better options in the Boston area. Staff was friendly enough and the lobby was vibrant even at 1am in the morning when i got to the hotel.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"suggest you to stay"
It was very satisfactory stay,,, kindness, cleaness, proper price. Especially location was the most satisfactory part.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback; we greatly appreciate your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!
1 night trip May 24, 2015
taekyu
"Good Location, tiny room"
Got a real good deal on the hotel, pictures looked very nice, but when we checked in our room it was the size of a small bedroom. Bed was very small. Shower was tiny. There were no pictures on hotels.com website that pictured this room type. The only thing that made it acceptable for us was the location. We were able to walk to the red sox game the day we stayed as it was only 2 miles from fenway. When booking if it says room will be assigned upon check in I would not recommend booking this hotel. Do not be deceived by the low price that is offered for this hotel.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your comments. We do realize that some of our guestrooms need renovating and we will be actively renovating them starting this winter. There will be major changes coming very soon and we hope you will come back to see them. Thank you again for commenting. We wish you safe travels.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
The hotel, overall, was very nice but the room was very small. Valet parking is very expensive but there's a self-serve parking garage 1 block away. Location (theater district, adjacent to Boston Common) is lovely and very convenient.
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
anne
"Great option"
One night, very good location, walking distance to most areas.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Wayne
"Title"
An older Grande Dame hotel. Very small rooms.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Location is amazing. Arlington subway station is across street. Within walking distance to historical district and Copley Square. Hotel close to Boston Commons, Trolley tours facility, Enterprise car rental, and lots of wonderful restaurants including Legal Seafood, Fire & Ice... The hotel lobby is currently under renovations. I have stayed in this hotel before and love it. Please note,it is an older hotel with history. The bathrooms are not friendly for people with knee issues as the tub rim is rather high. Our room was quite small and lacked a closet. However, it did have a small armoire. On other visits, rooms were bigger. Wifi was also an issue. Still loved our stay. Staff very friendly, courteous.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear from a repeat guest and are glad to hear that you enjoy our historical charm. Please come back soon!
3 night family trip May 16, 2015
Aida
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
R C
"Great value now."
Great deals while hotel under renovation.
Matthew E
"Ok for the money in Boston."
Was ok for the price I paid it was a good location. My credit card hold took 2 weeks to get back on my card. Not too big of a deal but if your traveling an booking rooms and all hotels took that long to return your hold it could add up. The room wasn't trashed or anything stolen so I should have got it back in a day or so ( like the girl at the front desk told me she lied ). No big deal it's just hard to track after a few days of using my credit card. Room was ok Tv was on the side of bed so you couldn't watch it comfortabley and no fridge. So I would give it 2 1/2 stars if I could.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies for the challenges in regards to the authorization of your credit card, however we, like most hotels, require a deposit to hold your room, and authorizations may take between 5-7 business days to be released by the card's issuing bank. We appreciated your patience.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Not so happy with the Park Plaza."
The lobby has been refurbished, but construction was still going on even though I was assured in February that the lobby would be completed by the end of April. It is elegant and modern. However, the rooms are in very poor condition; I was embarrassed because I had booked the hotel for a group including three other women based on the hotel's location and previous reputation. In both of the rooms I reserved,the wallpaper was pealing, the bathroom was tiny, the wall socket was very loose.In my room we had no bureau for our clothes and of the two small drawers under the tv, one had no handle...shall I go on? It's time for an update!!!
3 night trip with friends May 18, 2015
"Munchkin sized room!"
Rooms were very tiny...barely enough room to walk past the bed. There was only one straight back chair for sitting. If there are too people in the room, one has to sit on the bed. Hard to relax, when you have to watch TV laying on one's side. Also bathroom was like a broom closet. I would not stay here again; way too much money for the guality of the room.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Gove it a "C""
Very mediocre for all its outer opulence. Service very poor. No in-room amenities.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Alan
"Close to public transportation"
Hotel lobby very noisy at all hours of the day, especially at night. Very convenient to public transportation. No hotel garage. Had to park across the street at $28/night. Bathroom dated , but clean. Housekeeping good.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
We appreciate the feedback you have provided and hope that you will stay with us again to allow us another opportunity to "wow" you during your stay.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Refreshing"
The hotel have renovated their lobby and are in the process of remodeling the rooms, other than that there was no inconvenience.
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Boston Getaway"
Excellent location, very clean, comfortable, and quiet.
3 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Great find!"
I decided to come to Boston for a quick weekend vacation and found this hotel at a great price on hotels.com and it was exactly what I needed. Great location and amazing service. Everyone on the staff was very helpful and polite. The renovations that they have put in place are great. The new Common lounge that is in the lobby has the best mojito in the country. It's located in the a very premier location (very close to the gardens, freedom trail, Cheers). I would stay here again and I would recommend this to my friends and family. The only downside, valet parking was about 45$ a night.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your enthusiastic review about our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience as our staff takes a lot of pride in the service we provide on a daily basis. Please come back soon!
2 night trip May 15, 2015
Christopher
"Nice Place to Stay"
My friend and I stayed in a room with a single queen bed. The room itself and the bathroom was a little small for both of us as we constantly had to move out of each other's way while we were getting ready. The room was very clean and in good condition though. All of the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I ended up paying $64 to park my car in the Motor Mart Garage for two nights, but it's Boston so that's to be expected. You really can't beat the great location of the hotel so I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us! We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what true Boston Park Plaza service is about.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Ashley
"Boston shopping"
very nice hotel! at one corner of the shopping area
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Sonia
"Great location. But ...."
Great area -disappointed in the hotel For that price expected more amenities No newspaper on weekends No coffee in the lobby Had to ask to have a boarding pass printed
3 night family trip May 14, 2015
Warren
"Could of been better but could have been worse"
When I first checked in the room that was given to me was TINY. I went downstairs and spoke to the wonderful receptionist Heather I believe. They fixed the room right away and I was given a king sized room for the same price. The room itself had some cosmetic issues and the bathroom tub floor felt cheap/unstable. Outside that, my experience was great and you can not beat the price at that location! I would stay their again but maybe get a shower stall instead haha
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that our team member was able to provide you with a room that was more suited to your needs. We do realize that some of our guestrooms need renovating and we will be actively renovating them starting this winter. There will be major changes coming very soon and we hope you will come back to see them. Thank you again for commenting. We wish you safe travels.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Great location, bad rooms, paper thin walls."
The Good: Excellent location. Right next to Boston Publi cGarden and Boston Common. Easy walking distance to Prudence Center, all of Back Bay, Downtown and North Boston. You can easily walk all the way to Bunker Hill. Right next to Arlington subway station and very close to Park station (if you want to walk to Red line without changing trains). Nice building, excellent decor, nice, helpful staff in the reception. The bad: horrible old furniture (waxed tables, seriously?), no refrigerator (I seriously can't remember any motel, nevermind hotel without a free refrigerator in the room). Ironing board broken. Hair in the bathroom. PAPER THIN WALLS. This is by far the most ridiculous thing about the hotel. I've been n a few hotels where sound isolation is not the best, but I have never ever witnessed anything like that. Not even in the cheap motels or cheap apartment buildings. Old ladies moved int next room and we could hear every single word of their conversation early in the morning. They were not talking loudly, so we couldn't really complain. When a regular conversation is heard over like it's happening right in your room there is a big problem with sound isolation. Meaning there is none. It's like you are moving in with everyone in the next room.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Please accept our sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so we can make things right.
3 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Andrey
"Room needs updating"
Mediocre stay. Room is small and old.
"Boston Park Plaza"
The Boston Park Plaza is an old hotel, but they have recently updated their lobby, bringing it into the 21st Century. The staff was so friendly and accommodating! My mom, sister, and I stayed in a Junior Suite, which was wonderful. Had a great time.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
We're so glad you liked our new public space renovations. Please come back soon!
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Really? A DOUBLE BED????"
I gave the room comfort a 3 but our original room should have gotten a 1 and our final room would have gotten a 4. I was disappointed that I booked a "standard" room and a "standard" room at this hotel has a DOUBLE BED!! That is not the standard in America - I'm sorry. The two of us can't sleep together in a double bed and a typical reservation at a US hotel will get you at least a queen bed. I was not happy that I had to pay an upgrade fee to get a king sized bed. If you want to consider yourself a fancy hotel - act like it.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Please let us take this opportunity to express our remorse for your recent visit to the Boston Park Plaza. We hope that you will give the Boston Park Plaza another opportunity to show you the fine service and accommodations we are capable of providing and that you'll think of us the next time you visit Boston.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Nanci
"Time for a $100 million upgrade"
Terrible front desk service. Packed with tourists. Sad to see this historic grand hotel turn into a dump
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for taking the time our of your busy schedule to write concerning your stay at our hotel. It's disappointing to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas. We regret that you didn't have a stellar experience with our Front Desk team and deeply apologize. We will work on a retraining process with them and hope you will come back in the future to see our changes.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
Patrick
"poor aircon."
basic amenity like room airconditioning was not available.understand many such rooms do not have aircon as the hotel is old. however the hotel provided me a new room next day where it was ok. Also most hotels provide breakfast; could have provided b/f at a nominal price with room price.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
We apologize for your less than satisfactory visit with us. We hope you'll come back in the future so that we can make amends.
3 night family trip May 9, 2015
JAGANNATH
"good locaion, nice updates, Funky smell....."
I like the new updates unfortunately the hall and room had a musky stink. I opened the window but it was still there all night. Valet crashed our car but they were very professional about the problem and the offer to fix it.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback. It's so great to hear that you like our new public space improvements but we want to sincerely apologize that you didn't think our hallway and guestroom smelled fresh. And again, apologies for our valet and any damage they caused your vehicle. This will be discussed at our next internal meeting and we are glad that they were able to properly assist you afterwards. While there is never a second chance to make a good first impression, we want to thank you for your genuine input and hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to make amends.
nathan
"Boston"
Great stay
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
Segundo
"looks like trump plaza till u hit ur room...."
Looked like a very fancy hotel until we got to our rooms.... the rooms outdated and small and dirty. .. but we were close to town. ..
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Boston Park Plaza"
Hotel is in need of renovation they are doing. Unfortunately I received an old room. Location is great.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Robert J
"My stay at Boston Park Plaza"
great location but the room felt dirty and the maid walked in on my boyfriend and I.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback. Our sincerely apologies that you felt your guest room wasn't clean and that our Housekeeping team entered the guestroom accidentally. We will work on a retraining process to improve our guest services.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Shaniqua
"30th Birthday at the Plaza"
It was great, it was my 30th birthday (please note my name is Laura Mucciaccio not Patricia Mucciaccio the only reason it says Patricia is because we have a joint checking account and the ATM card is in her name that I used to book the hotel room, so Patricia didn't stay at the hotel or see it or have anything to do with these reservations). But the hotel went above and beyond and upgraded my room since it was my birthday which I very much appreciated, and everyone that worked at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and so was the neighborhood. However, my room and the entire floor was extremely hot even with the heat off and the windows open we were sweating none stop and there was no AC to keep us cool or cool down the room. Also, it was definitely disappointing that there was no refrigerator to keep drinks cold one ice box in a room that's boiling hot doesn't keep anything cold so trying to have a glass of wine while getting ready to go out on my birthday was a challenge especially when me and my two girl friends all drink different beverages, and I've never been in a hotel that didn't have a small fridge so that was surprising to see a high end hotel like the Park Plaza not have one in the room. But honestly the room temperature and fridge didn't ruin my stay at all it was amazing and i would definitely stay there again.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Dear Laura, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that you had a fun birthday celebration and that we were allowed to be apart of it. Our sincere apologies that you didn't get to use one of our mini fridges; we do provide them upon request and would have quickly brought one to your guestroom had we known you needed it! Our apologies again. Hopefully you will come stay with us again in the future and allow us the chance to make things right. Happy birthday! Best wishes, Boston Park Plaza
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
"Wonderful Hotel and Location"
wonderful location, a block from the Boston Public Garden, safe, clean, plenty of taxis available, staff was friendly, also walking distance to Newbury St and the many shops / restaurants. will most definitely stay again.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
The Boston Park Plaza would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back during your next visit to our city.
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Shelly
"Tiny and in need or reno."
Room 841 was very small -- smallest I have ever stayed in. Bathroom measured 4 x 4 with a 2 X 4 shower -- almost unusable. Dated but I understand it is soon scheduled for renovation. Elevator wait was very long and most of the time it arrived full. We had to walk from the 8th floor.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Good location but needs a serious renovation"
The bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel. You couldn't bathe without touching the shower walls. The fire alarm in the hotel went off for 30 minutes around 4 a.m. and was followed by loud announcements.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations while you were with us. Although we are in the process of updating the Boston Park Plaza, we are disheartened to hear of your dissatisfaction with your room. We thank you very much for your candor and wish you safe travels.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Ryan
"Nice hotel in good location"
We had a great time and everyone was very nice. It's a beautiful place with a lot to do nearby. There was a little construction going on and a fire alarm went off forcing us to evacuate in the morning, which was less than relaxing, but not their fault. We are safely evacuated.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your kind review. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm. Guest safety is very important to us and thankfully, it was a non-fire situation. We hope you will come back in the future for a renewed experience.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"If it's not broke, don't fix it."
We love this hotel. We've always loved this hotel. It's perfectly located, it's plush and comfortable, the service is impeccable, and it's just wonderful. However, someone, in their boundless wisdom, has decided to renovate this elegant, old-school hotel with its grand decor and turn it into a miserable, monotone, grey and soulless hotel indistinguishable from any other. We are so disappointed. The hotel staff, service, comfort, cleanliness and locale cannot be faulted but whoever is responsible for the travesty surrounding the destruction of this historic landmark's character should be sacked; after they put it right.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. It's very regretful that our new look and ambiance is not to your preference. Your comments will certainly be passed on to our Executive team for further review. Thank you again.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Bad experience"
Our room was the size of a closet (we could touch both walls with our arms spread out in the middle of the bed). The bathroom was even smaller and the shower was so small it was unusable and also very dirty. A noise kept on throughout the night that sounded like a train running through the property (every minute this happened, and that was over a white noise machine!). Don't stay here.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
"oy"
25th High School Reunion in Theatre District.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you for your feedback. We hope you'll come back in the future.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Jeffrey
"Quick stop"
Was a quick stop with our flight leaving in the morning. When I asked if there was somewhere to get a drink, vending machine, etc the hostess so just one minute and brought us 2 cold ginger ales. Room and bed was also clean and comfortable.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
It is always wonderful to hear that our guests had an amazing experience with us. Here at the Boston Park Plaza, we strive to provide our guest with 100% satisfaction and we are indeed happy that we were able to do so. We will be sure to relay your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beantown!
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
kristina
"tiny room"
Its at a great location. Was under renovatipn...our standard room was teeny tiny. Not sure if that was given to us since we did not book directly with hotel. I can't imagine that is the normal standard size room since they are a luxury hotel. Thank you for checking with us re: our experience.
4 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great hotel , excellent staff"
Beautiful hotel, loved how they have maintained the original look and architecture. On the other hand, rooms are way to small, and at night you can hear everyones conversation. Hated the noise but again it is an old building, we loved our stay and will be going back again! Great location bit pricey for room quality.
Response by Boston Park Plaza
Thank you kindly for your review of the Boston Park Plaza. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again soon!
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
Nilza
"Customer service needs remodel more than lobby"
The lobby was being remodeled while we were there which was rather inconvenient. But the rooms need it more as they are small and old like European Hotels. But the worst was the customer service, I requested two queen beens via Hotels.com and I show up and its one and said "we do not have to honor requests made on third party sites". I gave my mother the bed so I speak a lot of money to sleep on a cot. The neighborhood is excellent however.
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Adequate"
The accommodations were adequate but tiny. Impossibly small shower stall. Location was excellent. Parking a couple of blocks away. We might stay again, but would ask for at least a standard shower.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015