All hotels in Waikoloa, Hawaii, United States of America

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Great pool
"Overall it was Good!"
The overall stay was good. Only thing we did not enjoy was the food. For as much as food cost out there, we were not impressed at all. Another thing was the kids pool was closed almost all day on one of the days we were there. So that was a bummer for my kids.
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Janessica
Mediocre all the way around, EXCEPT the food. Food was delicious. However, a resort of that size should have more than one option. One restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner without change in the menu makes for a very long week. No turn down service. No mini bar or bottled water or snacks of any kind in the room. A ludicrous 'activity fee' which we refused to pay. Very spotty poolside service.
6 night family trip Mar 21, 2016
It was fun but short!! I would stay here again as long as it's not a busy week
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2016
Haunani
"FIVE DAYS NO CAR. SWEET REST."
Stay here during the non peak weeks..ie: not spring break, if your seeking some quiet. If you need pool action and people to meet..you will find it here, but not on a "big beach" scene level.. lots of lawn chairs!. Plenty of shade available. Fully shaded bar area. Lovely uncovered dining and partially covered dining area set back from the garden-pool area. AND THE DAILY ACTIVITIES PASS PER FAMILY....SPEND THE MONEY! Free early am yoga pays for it. Sport equipment (barring scuba) on the activity pass. Pay extra for ocean tours launched from beach!
5 night trip Mar 3, 2016
kathleen
"AWESOME - RECCOMEND :-)"
EVERYTHING was AWESOME !!! When ever we have out of town guests we ALWAYS bring them here. :-( One thing that was disappointed was a roach in the room. Other then that we ALL had a wonderful and nice time. The kids just enjoyed themselves, as well as the adults.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2016
Lori
We had a great time. Great location & Sunset views!
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Glenn
"Dated but worked for us"
The room and facilities were dated but we were out and about most of the time. We spent more time at the Hilton nearby.
5 night romance trip Jan 27, 2016
"Freindly staff but Hotel a bit tired"
My wife and I stayed there for a few days before a Backroads trip. The stay was pleasant but the hotel could use some updating. (Carpets, etc.). The beach is ok. Not great. Having to get a token card to redeem for your beach towel was a pain. They say the pool is open at night but no way to get towels? The beach chairs were locked together so you could not move them to your own spot. Not a four star beach scene. The two shopping areas in walking distance added welcome dining options. Stayed at Fairmount at end of week. It was much better.
3 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
"Great value, great location."
The setting on the beach is really beautiful. The pool and grounds are very nice. The room was a nice size. The outside of the hotel (in front) has a bit of an institutional look.
4 night family trip Jan 4, 2016
Bruce
"Wonderful Resort"
Hawaiian Vacation on the Big Island. Wonderful hotel!
6 night family trip Jan 3, 2016
Deborah
"Beautiful Facility"
The hotel was beautiful and the service, especially in the dining room was friendly and attentive. Beware of the "special activity pass" that adds $30 a day plus tax to your bill. It is NOT worth it. Also, the meals at the hotel are wildly expensive. "Duh"
5 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
Carla
hotel bathroom (tub,sink and etc areas) not clean thoroughly.
4 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Naeem
Nice hotel. Swimming pool and beach access are superb. Just a pure fun there
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
"Has a lot of amenities very close by."
My wife and I were very impressed with the hotel staff and the whole experience of staying at the Marriott. We so much want to go back next year. Thanks for making our honeymoon so special.:-)
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
Lucy & Richard
"Pleasant, older resort hotel in good condition."
Pleasant, older resort hotel in good condition. Nice to have a lanai overlooking a garden and the beach. However, the bathroom was very small. The duvet on the bed left few options for comfortable sleeping temperature. Two large shopping areas with multiple restaurants are nearby, though the hotel itself has limited dining options.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Barbara B
"Amazing hotel"
Amazing hotel with a great beach. Close to shops and restaurants. The luau was amazing.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
Tony
"mediocre hotel"
Ok rooms, mediocre service, bad food, no room service after 11pm. Beach is close but not great. Good neighborhood but hotel is overpriced for what they offer. Look elsewhere in the vicinity..
7 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
"Just O.K."
This hotel is okay - but I would recommend staying elsewhere if you have another choice in the same price range.
3 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
"Must stay here!"
My boyfriend and I stayed on the Big Island for 6 days and this Resort was by far our favorite! Morning yoga, luau, big beach, nice pools, excellent staff, free lei making class, and a hospitality room! I wish we would have stayed here an extra night. For the price you cannot beat the accommodations. Just a heads up the luau is a bit pricey and you are pretty much paying for the entertainment. The food is not great but there is an open bar for about 2 hours and the education on the Hawaiian culture is very cool.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Gorgeous location, lovely staff. My happy place"
We have stayed here twice. Always love this hotel/resort. They attempt to meet/exceed expectations at all times and always with smiles. The front desk ladies are just lovely and so sweet to my 7 year old who kept sending out postcards everyday. haha The coffee desk lady made my morning, the staff by the pools were amazing event though I am sure they were hot and ready to swim themselves. Whomever cleaned our rooms daily were awesome... it always smelled and looked wonderful after their visits!!
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
Aimee
"Nice but noisey"
The hotel is beautiful and clean however the walls are paper thin, to the extent of hearing a full phone conversation in the next room - including the person on the other end of the phone. Since I was only staying overnight I didn't want to complain. I informed the front desk upon check out and all I got was an apology, not even a complimentary coffee.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Recent Hotel Stay Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort"
Parking was nice and ample Front Desk was OK, She didn't really have that Aloha hospitality compared to what we experienced at the Sheraton in Oahu or Westin in Maui. I guess SPG hotels have different trainings. ALSO, no Arrival Shell Lei Greeting. I mean its right there but we are not going to ask for it like some Losers. Room was nice, unfortunately, the Safe was not working. Wifi was not that good The Resort Activities Passport that included a 30 minute Photo Session with Blinnk Photography gave us some issues. For some reason we needed a an apt which is understandable with a 30 minutes session. But this one gal who was working during our apt (we saw her jamming her music and surfing the internet) was unprofessional. She took us to a spot to start taking pics. She took 3 pictures then said OK, i will have your free 5x7 ready in 5 minutes. We wondered what happened to the session. So when we got back to her workstation, we inquired. She said something about it costing $299 for the cheapest photo package. So why are you assuming we can't afford that and was only there for the free souvenir? They should receive training with up selling like the lady at Westin in Maui who gave us the 30 min session where we ended up buying a package. VERY RUDE ASSUMPTION.
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
"Great resort, close to to everything"
For the price, this resort is an excellent deal. It is located on one of the better beaches on the Kona side of the island. The rooms are better than average. There are evening dinner specials that change each night and are reasonably priced by Hawaii standards. The resort is within walking distance to Kings and Queens shops for shopping and dining.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
"Great hotel!!!"
The view, cleanliness, beach, warmblooded staff, pool, facilities were all AMAZING!!! I highly recommend this hotel for your business trips, vacations and honeymoons.
Other trip Nov 15, 2015
"Excellent grounds and view. Terrible breakfast."
Chris from front desk made sure that I got my phone left in the hospitality room. prices inside the resort are trebly high. I ate better breakfast elsewhere for 31$.
Other trip Nov 14, 2015
A-Jay
"Great hotel, close to beach. Beautiful pool!!"
Perfect location on the beach and walking distance to shops and restaurants.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
Fran
"Overpriced hotel that needs updates"
The resort fees and room prices would indicate a first class hotel but I did not experience that. The bathroom was extremely small. The fridge didn't work and when it was replaced it was left out of its cubby. The air conditioning was extremely poor and we were told that it was due to hurricane Olaf. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
Cristy
Everything was wonderful about this hotel. The only complaint was that our room didn't get cleaned the day before we left. The staff was extremely nice. The food was amazing, expensive, but amazing.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Amazing Stay"
This hotel was amazing! Staff was super friendly. The location was perfect for a quiet romantic getaway. Did not want to leave. We plan to stay here the next time we're in town
4 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
brandy
Ice machine was broken entire stay in spite of telling staff 4 times. Bugs in the room on four occasions. We found the staff to be very friendly. Cost of food and drinks was high but quality was good. We thought there should be more value i.e. $30 per day should have included a drink discount or other incentives to stay at hotel instead of going elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Great Hawaiin getaway."
Spent a week in the hotel and toured the wonderful island. It was nice that the hotel was central to everything we wanted to do and it was less that a 2 hour drive to all destinations. We were able to spend time on the wonderful beach almost every morning and enjoy the outstanding sunsets every evening. Thought the price of food at the hotel was a bit high but there were nice budget places to eat just up the road. The concierge desk at the hotel was very nice to deal with and gave us nice advice to enhance our stay.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Bobby
"Best omelet ever"
Yes, my take away memory from my stay was that the omelet lady at the breakfast buffet made me the best omelet I have ever ever eaten. In case you were wondering, it was egg white, with spinach, mushroom, & cheese. She was a hard working lady, manning four omelet pans and the waffle irons by herself. She was the only one hustling. I felt I was constantly looking around for, and being ignored by, the wait staff at the restaurant and bar. In addition to the best omelet ever was a divine sleep on what felt like a cloud. I think of myself as a firm mattress, firm pillow person but that bed was fantastic. I also really enjoyed the pool, which was long enough to do serious laps and also open 24-hours. There's a nice, swimmable, beach in front, too. The Waikoloa resort community is well stocked with shops and restaurants. It's a short drive to Waimea or the Kohala Coast. I prefer it to Kona.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
staycationer
Outstanding location with plenty of places to relax: infinity pool, lagoon, beach. Right across the street from shopping and a variety of food choices. Rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. A pool or beach view is worth the upgrade.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Highly recommend this resort!"
The resort was excellent. I really enjoyed the pool area (very cool infinity pool and water slide) and it's walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I also liked that the beach was right there. Staff was super friendly as well.
2 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
Cam
"Awesome service"
Front desk was great and very accommodating
1 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
Matthew
"Fungus on pineapple, flies on fruits."
Good hotel staff. Very rude and incompetent restaurant staff. Flies on cut fruits. Same fruits Served every day. So you see new flies and dead old flies. Staff said that it was okay. The the told me I did not have to eat fruits. Served a mai tai with fungus on the pineapple. Bartender and manager said it was nothing Restaurant never got its act together and we had to wait 30 minutes for the bill. Same food served every day.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
Nice guy
"a dream....Aloha"
it was a dream, really good sevice frendly, clean rooms beatiful views
4 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Astrid
"Beautiful Resort"
Wish I was here for longer to enjoy the pool and the beach, they were both fabulous!! And the two malls right by the hotel were perfect for quick shopping needs. All the staff was attentive and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2015
Deborah A
"Great place to stay in Waikaloa"
Had a great stay at this hotel. Perfect location. On one side is the ocean and a pool. To the other side, there are shops and restaurants in walking distance. The hotel was clean and the service was good. The Hilton down the road is a little more extravagant - it has dolphins outside etc. But if you want a good hotel that's close to the water and don't need a crazy outdoor area, then the Marriott is perfect.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Jon
"Cozy room, overpriced food"
Last minute vacation plans changed due to other accommodations wasn't acceptable so moved to this Marriott property. Room was nicely furnished, quiet, and comfortable. A/C wasn't keeping room cool so requested maintenance to check and asked for a floor fan. Maintenance was prompt and serviced unit. Very very limited dining options in area of a restaurant, a walk up beach grill and a market deli in addition to hotel's restaurant. Hotel's restaurant was incredibly expensive and rather poor quality. $60+ for breakfast buffet for 2, $100 lobster dinner for 2 that was way overcooked. Resort was nice with clean pool area, beach area, and activities.
3 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Lanette
"BEAUTIFUL HOTEL!"
Clean room, pool with slide for the kiddo's, the beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Also the water at this beach is CLAM. (I went to other beaches but the waters were too rough for the kids.) Loved this place!!!
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Catalina
"Bitter Disappointment"
Being a Marriott Platinum member I have a breadth of experience in staying at Marriott hotels. The vast majority have been excellent. The Waikoloa Resort was a bitter disappointment. We had many, many issues so I will list: 1) Called the day before for early check in and Marriott Reward Upgrade - was placed on hold, waited 60 minutes and then hung up due to no answer 2) Since unable to get early check in, we had to check in at 10pm - waited 15+ minutes to check in. Asked about upgrade was "insulted" by them telling me I should have called the day before 3) Room had multiple issues - AC didn't work, refrigerator didn't work and curtain for sliding doors was ripped at the top such that we had push a coffee table against to keep sun light out 4) Attempted to use pool and tried to acquire pool towels only to find out they were closed 5) Essentially did not use any of the resort features plus late check in on Friday and we were still charged a resort of $30 per night - total rip off
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Great location."
The only bad thing to say is the $30 daily resort fee is a scam. It should be wrapped into the daily hotel expenses so your vacation ( that was hoefully budgeted and paid for when you got there) isn't overshadowed by unexpected fees. The location is fantastic, the hotel is very nice, the nearby shopping and restaurants are a nice diversion when you get sunburned and you can drive anywhere on the island from here. Loved it.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
KT
"Not the Hilton"
Not a bad place, we stayed here this year as it was closer to Kings and Queen's Marketplaces. We stayed at the Waikoloa Hilton last year. The best part of this hotel is the view of the sunset from behind the fishponds. Other than that, it's kind of an "eh" hotel. Functional. Nothing special. The grounds are clean and well kept. I found the pool to be odd. What I'm assuming is the color of the finish in the pools makes them look like like stagnant pond water. I'm sure it's clean, I'm just saying, aesthetically, it's kinda gross. The staff were superb. Of particular note, the valet staff were superb. Really friendly, helpful, just generally upbeat. I looked forward to talking to them everyday. One exception to the outstanding staff is the almost comically surly girl who works at the coffee shop. She needs to work on her "Aloha spirit". Nothing like getting your coffee with a scowl. So, overall, not bad. But I'm going back to the Hilton next visit.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
It could be better. No bar on the beach. Cocktails quality is so-so, in Kona they were match better and cheaper. The same for food.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Alex
"Nice but dated."
Excellent, friendly staff, good food, excellent view of ocean and facilities.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
Beautiful Hotel on the beach, love the open lobby and pool areas. Convenient location with nice shops and good restaurants. Best part is no traffic, so relax. Great time...
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Not so nice hotel, close to the Beach"
This hotel needs lots of maintenance. Looks like none has been done for a long time. Food prices way to high for poor quality. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
No Name
Cabana was not in good condition. In short, lots of bugs, ac did not work well, dirty vent, toilet loose and nosiy, you can hear loud footsteps and noise coming from cabana on top. Pool had bad food service, took 30 minutes to get a waiter over to order, 30 more minutes waiting for food. Old trays left out on pool tables for long periods of time and waiters would come by and not pick them up. Had to wait 2 hours for pool towels. We paid in advance for tickets for Lua and was advised two hours before that they had moved it indoors. Not the experience we were looking for. We canceled and got our money back.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Fun stay!"
Great just air conditioning was working properly.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015