All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here826 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel of contrasts"
Hard to give a "overall" rating for this hotel since some aspects are impressive, others are really disappointing. Let me explain first the good parts: The hotel has a great location on Ocean Drive in the heart of South Beach. Design of the hotel is also impressive, each room has its own design, and the elevator design is really "delicious"! Restaurant is great (congrats to the cook(s))! You can eat here for breakfast (free!), lunch or dinner and you'll always like the Italian flavor. Staff is great, always ready to help. WiFi is available and free of charge. The above qualities seem enough for a 5 star rating especially coming at a quite convenient prize. But... But there are some "one star" details that makes hotel rating confusing. So: Walking to the room is a nightmare. The "design" of the floor levels seem close to a prison. In the rooms the ergonomics is at 1950's level. And this is annoying especially for the bathroom. Tough to find place for your bath stuff, tough to adjust water temperature, tough to reach anything you need. Even more, walls are thin and very noise "permissive", view from windows may be towards neighboring buildings (horrible), WiFi throughput is low, rooms are small (again difficult to find places to put your things)... So... overall rating 3/5 stars, average between 5 star and 1 star aspects. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I would first look elsewhere even to more expensive hotels. Recommend it? Please read carefully the "one star" details
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Me
"Amazing location and hotel"
Really nice manager, location could not be better, free drinks , free chairs at beach, free breakfast. Absolutely we will come back !!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
alex and debora
"Kristi Ashley"
The best hotel, friendliness staff I have ever encountered. Room cleaned no matter if you left it in the afternoon. LOVED IT.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Kristi Ashley
"Great hotel in a perfect location!"
We stayed at the Pelican for a long weekend and we would absolutely stay here again. The hotel is located in the heart of south beach, across the street from the beach, surrounded by great restaurants and bars. Within walking distance to almost everything you could want to see including Lincoln Ave, Collins and Washington Ave. The room was very clean and great for my husband and I. We loved the style and art deco look to the hotel and rooms. At first I was worried that the noise from the all nighters outside would make it difficult to sleep at night but we could not hear a single thing coming from outside. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the lunch/dinner selections were really wonderful. I have food allergies and the hotel was able to provide options for me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary beach chairs for hotel guests was also a plus! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice hotel and very homely"
The staff was very welcoming and fun. They also show concern if they think u was a little unhappy.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
michelle
"First Stay in Miami Beach"
My gf and I visited Miami Beach for the first time. We chose this hotel based on the boutique affect and the proximity to the beach based on the map. In reality, the beach was VERY close to the hotel. The view of the beach was beautiful. There were complimentary chairs and towels given. The free breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, but since it is free, it is not worth complaining about. The 2 drink happy hour is a very nice amenities. Especially, when you are in very nearby to a TGIF Fridays. The bed is not as soft as most would like, but it isn't concrete. The bathroom has a steampunk design, but it is operable. Overall, I will say this side of the beach from 10st on down to 6th street on Ocean Dr. is more for the younger crowd.
3 night romance trip Aug 19, 2014
Sean
"Fun hotel, across from beach"
We had a great experience at this hotel. It's a fun hotel vibe with modern renovations and festive rooms - everyone is different. They have a bar and restaurant on the first floor and the location is great. Right on Ocean drive and across from the beach. Directly across is an outside fitness area where hotties work out too, so lots of eye candy! Shopping is REALLY close - one street over, and plenty to do. Great place (especially for adults).
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Josh
"Great location but hard beds"
The location of this hotel is right across the street from the beach; absolutely perfect. The bums who slept on park benches probably had a more comfortable nights sleep, awful bed. Staff was attentive and professional, but the hallways smelled moldy.
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
Pamela H
"Flamboyant!"
Hotel is right on ocean drive and has a few nice perks. Ie.. 2 drinks each day during happy hour, lounge chairs for beach and free breakfast excluding drinks. Although why doesn't Pelican give you coffee or tea with the meal? 2 coffees every morning was $7. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Staff could be a bit friendlier but overall I liked it and would stay again.
"Wonderful Stay in South Beach"
We loved this hotel. I have stayed in the South Beach area many times and this was my best experience. The staff is great. The rooms are really cool. The hotel restaurant is awesome and serves a free breakfast as well as free happy hour cocktails. There isn't a pool but it's right at the Beach. A experience.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Very nice Stays for an couple of days"
Direct at the Ocean Dr. south beach is this very nice Hotel in Art-Deco style. The rooms are small but clean and tall enough for the stay at overnight. The A/C is medium loud and the anterior partly really nostalgic. At all, an beautiful stay in the center of Nightlife. ;-)
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Heiko
"Very nice"
Very nice, clean hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Clean rooms even though small Good food, same price range as the rest of South Beach strip Parking is high but convienent, same as rest of strip.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
businestraveler
"First Miami Beach Vacation"
Enjoyed my first visit with my sister. Hotel provides lounge chairs and towels which was a plus! Breakfast was great (ad most importantly free); your choices are from a menu and is filling depending on what you get. Happy Hour everday from 4pm-6pm. No hidden fees. Rooms are small but we spent the days out and about so it wasn't bad.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
MissTiff
"Great place in South Beach"
This hotel was wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in the Cuberian Island room, which looked like one of my favorites (I would look into the other rooms while housekeeping was cleaning them). First of all, the shower pressure was the best of any shower I've ever been in. It felt like being under a waterfall. The room was nice, but because of the theme, it doesn't FEEL like a luxury hotel, but some of the other themes looked more luxurious. Either way, I liked my room. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast with the room, and you have the option of eggs benedict or an omelet or a few other options. It's much better than the normal bagels and stale muffins at other hotels. The hotel also gives two free happy hour drinks per person and these were not watered-down, bottom-shelf-liquor drinks. They were made pretty strong and had options like mimosas, pina coladas, zombies, and mojitos. Everyone at the hotel was amazingly friendly and helpful. You also get free beach towels and a lounge chair at the beach across the street. It costs money for the umbrella or shade, but the chairs alone were great to have. The location is perfect. Right in the heart of South Beach. I would definitely stay there the next time I'm in town.
3 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Would stay here again!!!"
The Pelican was perfect for a South Beach stay! The bar/restaurant underneath was not a rowdy place so the noise level was bearable. No problem sleeping at night. Rooms are small and bed was a little hard but we were only there to sleep and shower. We were so tired at night that the room suited us perfectly! The complementary breakfast was awesome! Great food, great service. We had no trouble finding parking on the street so didn't use the valet option. You can update your parking fee from your phone so it was convenient. I would recommend using the bike rental kiosk to get to other parts of the town. Convenient and cheep. Great vacation!! Would definitely stay at the Pelican again!!
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Loved the location!"
Great hotel if you want that "Miami South Beach feel". Each room in the Pelican is decorated differently which gave a cool vibe. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean but small and bed is very hard. Happy hour was from 4-6 with hotel guest getting 4 free drinks and a complimentary breakfast in the morning which was great. Valet for car was $30 a day as there is no parking. Fun place and would recommend!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
ED
"Great place, will go back again"
They offer more than any of the other hotels. Breakfast menu was awesome, have never seen that before. They set up lounge chairs on the beach for you with thick comfy mats on them, wow. Best Hotel and right on Ocean Drive. Also 2 free cocktails per person a night. Loved every minute. Thanks Pelican
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
terrie
"I will stay here again just give me a softer bed"
I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is super friendly and very accomedating. All guest receive free breakfast and two free drinks during happy hour. The hotel is well kept and super unique. No room looks like and the hotel is in the heart of ocean drive. Great location, great staff, clean rooms, and plenty of alcohol! :-)
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Court
"Very Fun and Great Location!"
We were in Miami for a convention and decided to extend our stay. The hotel we were staying at didn't have rooms available so we ended up at The Pelican. We were happy we did. We stayed in an Executive Suite and had a view of Ocean Dr. overlooking the beach. Great time! I won't say much and leave the fun to those deciding to stay here. Highly recommend.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Alex
"Good Location, Interesting Hotel"
I was satisfied with my stay. The hotel is a very interesting piece of history in a great location. The hotel staff members were courteous and professional. The food was very good. The only complaints I have are that the toilet was leaking - I had to keep a towel on the floor to mop up the puddle of water in the bathroom; and the lamp on the night table didn't seem to be working properly. I also would have liked to have had a modern digital clock in the room. Other than that, it was a nice stay at the Pelican.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"If only the AC unit in the room wasn't so loud..."
Plus: The hotel is perfectly located and our room was really nice. We enjoyed a good continental breakfast (coffee is not included). We received towls for the beach and had free sun lounges included. Minus: The quality of the cocktails at the hotel bar was absolutely disappointing and the appetizers aren't recommendable as well. Order the salad wrap and you will really be surprised what you pay 20 bugs for... But the main point is the air conditioning in the room. The fan is so loud that we had to shut it completely off to be able to sleep.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Harry
"The staff was very sweet and accommodating!"
IT was awesome! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They made sure to let us know about all the activities available to us.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Everything was excellent. Absolutely nothing to criticize. I would stay again and recommend to everybody.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
G
"Great girls' retreat!"
Awesome hotel in the middle of the strip. Friendly staff and great food! Try the lettuce shrimp wraps!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Part of a package deal"
Fun, and relaxing, great amenities Unique rooms, beds very comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Felt very safe.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Really Nice Hotel close to the beach Awesome staff"
The Pelican hotel on Ocean Drive is a great Place to stay while visiting South Beach! I recently stayed for five nights. My stay was pretty comfortable as far my accommodations are concerned. I booked my room via Expedia, everything went smoothly. When my boyfriend and I got there our reservations were set and ready. The front desk staff were very friendly with us. We got there before check in time. They let us leave our luggage with them while our room was being prepped. We got there around 12:30 pm. So we walked to the beach hung out a little bit. At 2:00pm I got a call from the hotel saying our room was ready. So we got to check in at 2pm instead of 3pm which is the hotels check-in time. I was pleased with that. We stay at the "Do the Vehicle" room. The room was really cute. I love the shower head in there. I love taking showers at the pelican LOL... the Pelican offers complimentary breakfast every morning, they have a guest menu to choose from....they also have Happy Hour for their guests from 4 to 6pm. Two free drinks per guest, there was a large selection of drinks to choose from. Let me tell you the bartenders are awesome, they make GOOD strong drinks ;) We also got free beach towels and beach chairs everyday!!! I feel like I definitely got my money's worth. I can't say it enough the staff at the Pelican hotel are super friendly and always happy to help. I really love the environment there. I strongly recommend this hotel. It's a great place to stay.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
CiCi
"Ok hotel, better hotels on the beach"
Did not like the theme rooms and the old school loud a/c. Staff was ok. Great location right on the beaxh
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"A fun, unique hotel"
I really enjoyed the room and amenities. The room was simple but very well designed with cool antiques (50s era?) and generally very comfortable. A few complaints - the bed was VERY hard, the hardest I've ever slept in in a hotel, though my husband liked it. The TV was analog, a bit old. And though we were pleased to have both the free happy hour AND breakfast (which was a surprise), the food was only so-so. I'd rather have one good drink than two sugar-water drinks. The staff was great, however, and overall it was a very nice experience.
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Best week ever"
This place is amazing the staff is so friendly and attend to your every need. Breakfast was included and delicious happy hour everyday from 4-6. And complementary beach chairs it doesn't get better than that. Oh and it's waking distance to the lincon mall and mansion.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"2 night stay"
Stayed in low season, lovely staff and nice room. Only downside is the valet parking which is 27$/day
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Fun girls weekend stay!"
I came here for my birthday weekend and had an amazing time! The staff was very helpful and welcoming..we even got several rounds of drinks in the house. The guest breakfast was delicious as well. However the hotel room itself could use some improvements. I stayed in the western themed room and found a dirty men's sock by the bed when I got there. Also I barely slept because the bed was very firm and uncomfortable. Thankfully we didn't spend much time in the room and for the price it was a good deal in Miami Beach. Overall I would recommend it for the location and customer service!
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Pelican Hotel"
Really great staff. Very clean. I enjoyed seeing their smiling faces.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Seda
"Awesome atmosphere"
Friendly staff, great drinks, comfortable and fun!
2 night romance trip May 4, 2014
Andy & Darlene Delany
"The Pelican Hotel - Fantastic place to stay!!!!"
Fantastic place to stay. The art decor atmosphere was GREAT! The staff were helpful and friendly and always available. The restaurant was also great - we had a fantastic dinner there, and free breakfast (not just a continental breakfast). Free beach lounge chairs, water and towels to take to the beach. Valet parking for a reasonable daily fee, and you can have them bring you the car and then park it again as much as you want. The room had a small frig and safe for locking your stuff up. The room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping came every day. They would leave white chocolates and a card with the next day's weather on the bed.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Great amenities"
Free breakfast, free chairs on the beach, and 2 free drinks during happy hour. There is nothing else to say it was perfect. Oh and the products were CO Bigelow. Great hotel.
Other trip May 8, 2014
sheri
"excellent staff! from check in to departure"
This Hotel went beyond my expectations, check in was great, we arrived early so they held our luggage while we went to the beach, chairs are included in this hotel and that is a plus, when they called us to let us know our room was ready they had ALREADY had our luggage in our room with the air conditioner on, and cold water in the fridg for us! we ate dinner at our hotel and everything was EXCELLENT! the staff was friendly and we had GREAT service, the next morning we went for our complimentary breakfast and it was WONDERFUL, a variety of things to order off the menu and it was cooked perfectly! the bar tenders really know how to make a WONDERFUL drink at the Pelican! the Happy Hour is a plus for this hotel as well. I will return as the location is perfect!
3 night trip May 2, 2014
Jones couple
"An Awesome Two Days in South Beach!"
The Pelican and surrounding area (Ocean Drive) is absolutely ground zero for the South Beach experience! My wife and I did more in 48 hours than we have during week long prior vacations. The Pelican was an extremely cool place with a ton of character and a very nice staff. The Art Deco design of the lobby and rooms was spot on and definitely made you wonder what life was like in mid-20th century Miami beach. Each room at the Pelican has it's own unique theme and design and we ended up in "Love, Peace and LeafForest" which had a cool jungle theme. The great thing about the Pelican is that the hotel can fill any vacation gap you need it to when you don't feel like going out in to South Beach, whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks or just people watching on the Boulevard. The two free drinks per person, per night wasn't too shabby either! We also took advantage of the free beach chair and towel out on the Miami Beach sands and the staff there was so friendly and the beach absolutely gorgeous. We took an iPhone panoramic photo of the north to south view of Ocean Blvd and it's the most memorable shot of the two days we were there. If you want to balance price, location and quality (and I researched almost every hotel on the street), the Pelican is a great choice. The only negative we had was that the bed was a little stiff, but I guess that comes down to personal taste. Enjoy! We are definitely going back!
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Nice Hotel right in the middle of action"
This is my first time in Miami South Beach. I stayed there because of good rating. I was not disappointed. The Hotel is right in the middle of action. Lots of restaurants and shops around. A quite time with my wife at the beach was relaxing which is right next to Hotel and the lounge chairs were complimentary. Best part is 2 free drinks for each guest during happy hour between 4.00 PM to 6.00 PM. I will definitely stay there again when in that area.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Kanwal
"Great Gem"
Love staying here when business calls that I be near South Beach. The vibe is great, the staff is friendly and you cannot beat the location. However, it does get a little noisy at night.
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
Robert A.
"Great hotel in a wonderful location"
This was a small, funky, cool hotel that was well situation right on Ocean + 9th. There was a hostel about 1.5 blocks down, and we ended up meeting some friends there and actually going clubbing. The room had an incredible ocean view. The included drinks + breakfast made it a wonderful value. The only weak spot was that the service at the restaurant/ cafe was a little indifferent, but it didn't bother me at all since it was offset by the convenience + value.
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"amazing"
The location is perfect. Gorgeous view. Front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant staff was very helpful and the cafe food was delicious. The beds are too hard but the rest makes up for it. Definitely will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2014
Yvette
"Funky, sweet hotel close to everything"
I was meeting my daughter in South Beach for a long weekend. She had wanted to stay close to the beach and to great restaurants, and also within walking distance of a class that she had to attend. This hotel filled the bill. I ate at the hotel restaurant every day for breakfast and lunch and it was really good. I walked a short distance and found great shopping. Also, you can walk to Lincoln Avenue which is about 8 blocks north and find a great outdoor mall with quite a bit of shopping and great restaurants.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Roxy
It's a perfect location. And our room was quiet given the party location. It's hard to rate the rooms because each is different. I would not stay at The Pelican again because of the room we stayed in - small and no view and not pleasant decor. Other rooms are probably nicer. Our room was Loce, Peace and Leafforrest. Kinda cute but not really.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2014
Ryan
"Stylish hotel in heart of South Beach"
Hotel smells great - the halls, the rooms. Showers are great - water flow is strong with large sprinkler head overhead. Rooms are fairly simple, but each is themed with the name of your themes room on the door - fun idea. Two bottles of water and free beach towels accompany your stay. Valet parking is reasonably priced at $25/day - though the wait can be 20-25 minutes for your car so call in advance of when you need it. Two free drinks per room during happy hour each day from 4-6pm = another nice touch. Elevator is slow but stairs are nearby and easy to get among the three floors. I'd say the location and vibe, along with the style and cleanliness of this hotel make it a good selection.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Disappointing Experience"
Our room was overlooking a construction site. Right after check in I called the FDesk, they assured me that the construction wont start earlier than 9 AM. So I contd. Like an alarm clock at 7 AM the back hoe starting roaring. I hate being lied to, complained...told me they would try to switch me to another room the next day...was too late...IN addition, the room was small..but that is expected on Ocean Dr. However, in the name of ART it had so many useless items bolted to the one table you have to keep ur belongings thus making severe shortage of space. I will never stay at this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2014
KC
"Enjoyed the South Beach Life"
Quirky but nice hotel The free happy hour drinks were an unexpected bonus. The shower was awesome and the location couldn't have been better.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Great location and staff."
Really enjoyed two nice at the Pelican. Friendly, helpful staff in the heart of South Beach and Ocean Drive. Good breakfast!
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Everything was wonderful, except"
Eveything was great... except, the mattress was HARD as a rock. We did not rest well at all. otherwise the free breakfast, open bar from 4 -6pm and free beach chairs were awesome.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Janine
"Great staff, great service but small and rooms"
Love the design of the rooms at this place! Each one is individually desgned with its own theme. A lot of attention to detail in the design. The location is also great and the staff was extremely friendly. Great deals on happy hour every night. I really appreciate how they don't nickel-and-dime you on extras like free in-room wi-fi and free bottled water with your room. The only issue is that the rooms are a bit small (which you have to expect for the heart of SoBe) and the walls are thin so it'sit can be pretty noisy.
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
Matt J.
"Great choice on South Beach"
I've stayed at the Pelican a few times, and it's always a great option. They don't have unlimited drinks at Happy Hour for guests anymore, but the breakfast is very good. The staff is very nice, location is great. The bed in this room was like sleeping on a rock and the faucets in every room are the worst design ever, you spill water on yourself no matter what. All in all, best spot on SoBe.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014