All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

• Value for money
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
"Very eclectic - not for everybody."
Sounds petty, but the wood polish used in the elevator and in some rooms gave me a headache. I had to avoid taking the elevator. It was a strong, pervasive smell. This is a very eclectic hotel. Some of that is charming, but it is certainly not for everybody. My room had a "cowboy" motif.
3 night trip Jan 28, 2015
"Boutique-y and fun"
They resolved a booking snafu. And the place has some personality. If you like boutique with a bit of fun (my room was themed the Me Tarzan, You Vain...all rooms are themed differently) then this is a good spot for you.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
Stewart
"overall a nice place"
nice place to stay for a short time. perhaps better suited if you're going on a vacation trip.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Perfect staff"
The Hotel is nice and well located. All the staff is friendly and very nice. I would stay there again!
4 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Flávia
"Definitely would stay here again"
Loved the bar area. Great neighborhood.
3 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
Alex
"Small themed hotel right on South Beach"
Interesting hotel with various themed rooms. We stayed in the Deco room, which was appropriately decorated. Room was a touch small but I wasn't expecting anything big for something that close to the water. The beach was literally across the street. The hotel is also dead center in the middle of the Miami night scene. You can literally walk to dozens of bars and restaurants. Checking in was a little weird. You have to walk through the restaurant to get to the front desk, which isn't marked very well. Also, finding overnight parking is next to impossible. Save yourself the headache and go with the hotel valet (about $30 a day). Just pull up in front of the hotel and they'll take it from there.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Megan
"Pelican S. Beach"
Very ecclectic hotel. Room was not ready when I arrived however manager offered an upgraded room for the inconvenience. Professional and courteouse. If I were to return to South Beach, I would stay there again :-)
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Alan
"Cute but MUST be Clean"
It is a cute hotel but they should definitely improve in their cleanliness. My "clean" towels smelled used. Also, just because they are white doesn't necessarily mean that old stains are allowed in them. They kind of grossed me out. Bedroom Floor was sticky and dirty. Just because the building is old doesn't mean it cannot be top notch clean and well-maintained. The people that worked there were super friendly but I don't think I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Karym
"Filthy rooms air conditioner did not work"
The air conditioned didnt work, the lamp next to the beds were dirty to the point of disrespect. The water in the shower got boiling hot at times unexpectedly. The beds are super hard it was like sleeping on the floor. Seems like the biggest mistake tourist do is rent rooms on the strip all these little hotels are similar bad shape, but this hotel could be the worst.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
cynthia
"Nice hotel right on the beach life"
Like some others have said, if you are looking for quiet, this place - or any place right on Ocean Drive - is probably not for you. For events and the life experience, though it is a great place to be. Funky and cozy would be a good description. Staff was friendly and courteous. Would definitely return to stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
J
"Funky cool hotel on the beach"
Really uniquely decorated, in a good way! We had a fantastic ocean front view in a very spacious room. Room rate came with a breakfast buffet (eggs/potatoes/bacon/sausage/toast). Also came with two free drinks during happy hour. Since the beach is across the street, they will give you a towel to use. The staff were all great. If you are a light sleeper, you will probably hear doors closing.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
lindsay
Great staff and excellent location. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great Hotel with a super cost"
We wanted to stay in South Beach and we were going on a cruise. The costs are usually prohibitive, but we found this beautiful jewel right across from the beach. It was on the strip and was very busy. The restaurant in front was associated, but not owned by the same person. Food was very good but the service is all about getting you in a chair. A lot of solicitation going on. Anyway I loved the Hotel! Apparently it is owned by Diesel clothing line folks. I loved the themed rooms, the shower was like getting in a waterfall. From the moment we walked in and were met by the reception desk, it was a pleasant surprise. I had a little bad experience at the bar, but it was turned in to a very good situation by the staff at the hotel. For the cost it doesn't get any better for me. I hope you feel the same. A couple of things to consider: The valet parking is $27 so use your judgement. Also don't get too excited about the watered down drinks at Happy Hour.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Deborah
"Good stay!"
Cute hotel. Slightly dated but charming all the same. Friendly staff. Great position on the beach.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2015
"Can't beat the location!"
The staff was excellent and very friendly! The bed was very hard and uncomfortable (normally I'm not that picky but this was pretty noticeable). It is an older hotel, so expect some quirks. Overall, it was a nice place to stay.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great hotel near the beach with friendly staff."
The people working here are happy, friendly, and extremely helpful. The free breakfast, 2 drinks during happy hour, location and valet parking make it a great value. The atmosphere is fun and pleasant.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Annie
"One night stay before cruise."
Most staff was incredibly friendly and willing to help with no questions asked. No printer, but guy at desk printed our stuff for a cruise for us no problem. Tipped him a few bucks. Called a cab when we were ready to go without us having to ask and they came in and got us and carried all our luggage out. South Beach can be harassing at times, but thats every place. A good place to stay for the price. Price for Taxi to the port was around $30 with tip.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Vincent
"Good Hotel. Perfect Place"
Good hotel in the heart of everything. Room is average but ok. Breakfast is not Continental as written here. Very limited choices with no drinks other than coffee or you pay for it. Terrible WiFi and very weak signal during most of the day. If you want to use Internet, you have to go down the lobby which is very loud and it is hard to concentrate. .
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Ahmed
"great experience!!"
We loved the hotel and restaurant!! We would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
robin
"Hidden Gem"
Two free drinks at happy hour, a delicious breakfast and ocean views in the heart of South Beach!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Fun!"
Great get away for fun. Walk out of the entrance of the hotel right on to the main strip loaded with restaurants and entertainment.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Angela
The hotel and staff were great! Our only complaint was the valet took an hour to get our car and we missed our duck tour as a result.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
debbie
The hotel was delightful. It's got old bones but it's clean, stylish, and fun. Nice amenities like two complimentary drinks at happy hour, free hot breakfast with decent choices, pass for Equinox gym, towels and chaise for the beach across the street. Staff was nice and helpful overall.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2014
"birthday trip!!!!!!"
It was great for the price ( went off season), and to be last minute. It was in the heart of everything! Plus we loved the free drinks at happy hour everyday!! Food was great, even the free breakfast for guest.
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Lauren
"4th time there"
Overall nice hotel, with very accommodating staff
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
new yorker
"nice location, clean rooms"
stayed for 3 days. Right opposite the beach. Use of chairs/towels for beach possible. Rooms a little bit smaller then used to in normal hotel chain, but was known at time of booking. Clean room and bathroom. Matrass was a bit harder then used to, but it didn't stop me from getting good night rest. Breakfast is good.
3 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Stephan
"Great hotel, friendly staff"
This trip was our fourth to South Beach, the Pelican Hotel was by far the best hotel we stayed at. The staff is super friendly and the property is clean. The hotel stay includes free breakfast, 2 free cocktails during happy hour and beach towels and chairs. I highly recommend the Pelican Hotel. I will be staying here on our next trip back.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great location, good service"
We spent one night at The Pelican prior to a cruise. What a pleasant surprise. From the welcoming staff to all the little perks -- free drinks at happy hour, free breakfast, beach chairs, etc., we couldn't have been more pleased. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in South Beach.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Overall very nice place! It looks better in the pictures though, but still very nice!
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Nacho
"Fun theme hotel in great location"
I enjoyed my stay at the Pelican. The location is convenient and the food at their restaurant was good. The room was fun and funky. Very different from the corporate hotels where I usually stay. Regarding the particular room where I stayed - the overhead fan was terribly noisy, but otherwise it was comfortable. There was a glass window that gave you a view into the bathroom...so be sure you are staying with someone you feel that comfortable with. It's on the main strip, so music was blasting outside our room until 1 or 2 am. I wouldn't stay here with my small children. The breakfast was included, but valet parking was $27/day.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Sumati
"Breakfast"
It's in a great location. I love those rooms' decoration that are not the same as "cookie cutter". :) The breakfast is awesome! We can walk to the beach, different places, and restaurants.
2 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014
keri
"South Beach for 1 night"
Greetings: My wife and I checked in around 2:30. Our room was ready and was clean and quite nice. It's a small room but quite adaquate for the amount of time you spend in it. The bathroom is just fine. They have commercial type faucets that truly throw a nice flow of water. The shower head is a large sprinkler can and feels great. Everything works, the A/C is cold and the TV is large with lot's of choices. I think the best part of the Pelican is their food and outdoor seating area. We choose to sit on the veranda which is above street level. From there you get to see everything plus don't get the exhaust fumes from the cars which can park directly alongside of the sidewalk. Plenty of cooling fans everywhere and plenty of shade. The food is terrific. I loved their breakfast and there's 2 drinks for each person as part of the room price. That saves $110.00 including tip. I know of very few hotels that include food and drinks in their package. The locations of the Pelican is top notch. Right in the middle of everything. Great stay, I'd recommend this hotel to everyone.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Swamp
"south beach"
First 2 nights, I could not sleep well due to noise of air conditioner from next room. Hotel is pretty much similar to others around so I would just stay in another cheaper one.
4 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Inan
"This is not what we thought it would be"
Big disappointment. The hotel is not like the description. The rooms do not resemble their pictures. I have never stayed in a more humid, muggy hotel room. The AC is a small wall mounted unit that did not put a dent in the heat or humidity. The staff was ok and amenities otherwise reasonable.
omar
"Good location and music"
Good location, great music, room was comfortable but a bit dated Hotel can use a revamp ... Starting to look "tired" A/C could be much better ... Good service
4 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Nice place--great location!"
Location is right in the thick of things which is nice. Front desk staff was great, very helpful and nice. No complaints with the room, spacious and very clean.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Allie
Great service. Great perks such as free breakfast and drinks during happy hour for guests. I'd def return!
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Phoebe
"great location…….incredible staff…..best breakfast"
Very clean, cool decor….super nice staff…2 free cocktails, free chairs+ cushions at the beach…best location…….i would stay there again in a heart beat! I lOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Mylene Iwanowsky
"Horrible hotel"
There was bugs in the room, very noisy, and room phone didn't not work to make any request like cab service
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
TG
Only good thing about this hotel is the proximity To the beach. The room was barely cleaned, some of the staff was rude and unhelpful. And the room view was terrible
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Dae
"Loved the them rooms!"
Fantastic staff, eager to help with anything, and to make everything as easy as possible. Two free drinks and breakfast included each day was also a great addition that we were not expecting. Food was excellent too. Would recommend it to anyone wanting a close to the action hotel, with unusual themed decor in all rooms, and only a hope skip and a jump from the beach, the shopping, the restaurants etc.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Suzanna
"Not what I expected"
So I chose this hotel because it was close the beach. Little did I know the entire street was just clubs and restaurants. This hotel was on top of a restaurant that had a dj playing. I could hear the dj blasting music until 2 in the morning. If you're visiting Miami for its night life this hotel and area is perfect for you. I was there on business and so it wasn't ideal. Even worse, you're only option for parking is valet which is $27.00/night. And it'll take them just under half an hour to bring you your car.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"Amazing hotel and great service ."
We had an amazing time in Miami , topped off by this hotel and it's customer service . Would recommend hotel to everyone and would definitely stay here again . Location was perfect - directly on Ocean Drive. Perfect stay ....:-)
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Nice hotel and perks. Very good location. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Best Service on South Beach"
From the moment we walked in the door every member of the Pelican team were gracious and welcoming. We have been to SB many times over the years and prefer to stay in Boutique hotels but this is hands down the best service we have ever experienced. They remebered what kind of cocktail you liked, how you take your coffee and made recommandations based on the guest personality instead of just generic suggestions. I look forward to my next visit with The Pelican and I will be recommending them to anyone visting South Beach.
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Colleenn
"Amazing stay"
I'm not a fan to write reviews but Pelican hotel was a great stay , direct to z ocean , very friendly staff special Carlos at the front desk, he made our stay very comfortable. clean room, excellent wifi ,free breakfast , 2 drinks free per day ... Will definitely come back and will recommended to my friend ..
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
sherie
"Hotel of contrasts"
Hard to give a "overall" rating for this hotel since some aspects are impressive, others are really disappointing. Let me explain first the good parts: The hotel has a great location on Ocean Drive in the heart of South Beach. Design of the hotel is also impressive, each room has its own design, and the elevator design is really "delicious"! Restaurant is great (congrats to the cook(s))! You can eat here for breakfast (free!), lunch or dinner and you'll always like the Italian flavor. Staff is great, always ready to help. WiFi is available and free of charge. The above qualities seem enough for a 5 star rating especially coming at a quite convenient prize. But... But there are some "one star" details that makes hotel rating confusing. So: Walking to the room is a nightmare. The "design" of the floor levels seem close to a prison. In the rooms the ergonomics is at 1950's level. And this is annoying especially for the bathroom. Tough to find place for your bath stuff, tough to adjust water temperature, tough to reach anything you need. Even more, walls are thin and very noise "permissive", view from windows may be towards neighboring buildings (horrible), WiFi throughput is low, rooms are small (again difficult to find places to put your things)... So... overall rating 3/5 stars, average between 5 star and 1 star aspects. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I would first look elsewhere even to more expensive hotels. Recommend it? Please read carefully the "one star" details
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Me
"Amazing location and hotel"
Really nice manager, location could not be better, free drinks , free chairs at beach, free breakfast. Absolutely we will come back !!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
alex and debora
"Kristi Ashley"
The best hotel, friendliness staff I have ever encountered. Room cleaned no matter if you left it in the afternoon. LOVED IT.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Kristi Ashley
"Great hotel in a perfect location!"
We stayed at the Pelican for a long weekend and we would absolutely stay here again. The hotel is located in the heart of south beach, across the street from the beach, surrounded by great restaurants and bars. Within walking distance to almost everything you could want to see including Lincoln Ave, Collins and Washington Ave. The room was very clean and great for my husband and I. We loved the style and art deco look to the hotel and rooms. At first I was worried that the noise from the all nighters outside would make it difficult to sleep at night but we could not hear a single thing coming from outside. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the lunch/dinner selections were really wonderful. I have food allergies and the hotel was able to provide options for me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary beach chairs for hotel guests was also a plus! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014