All hotels in Seaside, California, United States of America

Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
If you are OK with the AC going down to only 70, you will be fine, We changed rooms and were told that the AC would go lower but it never did. I've stayed at other Embassy Suites and they had the same problem. I think way overpriced. Would not stay again.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2015
"Thank you"
I'll keep it simply: Positives; Great friendly customer service. The entire staff was attentive and friendly. Staff/Manager Handle my complain fast and provided a satisfactory option. The location is great! Near stores, beach, bars and marina. Breakfast was good. Negative; My initial room had a strong mold smell. However, the manager gave us another room without hesitation. I'm extremely satisfied how it was handled. Thank you.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Hotel location"
It was wonderful! Great location, in door pool is a major plus. My family loves staying here. The staff was great.The rooms were clean. We will be staying here again.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Dolores
"Family-friendly"
Clean room, good breakfast. we have 3 adults and 2 kids, they prepare for us extra towels and extra bed sheets in advance. We will come back.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
HSIAO MIN
"Good but can be better...."
Let me start by saying, I love the Embassy Hotel chain, where ever we stay we try to find an Embassy to stay at. This Embassy in Monterey is what we expected and it was nice but a few small complaints. When we checked in, we were told we will be charged $10 for parking. ??? We are being charged for our transportaion to your hotel? If you need more money, raise the room price. Charging for parking is annoying and causes ill feelings. I have never been charged for parking at an Embassy before. Also our room smelled like meldew. Everytime I turned on the air in the room, the room would start to smell musty. Our room was clean and in good condition besides the smell. Another reason we chose Embassy hotels is for the breakfast they usually serve the next morning. They are usually excellent! At this Embassy they did not serve pancakes or french toast, just eggs and omelets. What if you don't eat eggs? And kids love pancakes! It was a small bummer. My child and I however did enjoy the evening reception and the pool. Also the front desk were super friendly and offered awesome customer service. For the price of the room I expected the same standard we have received in the pass and we were little disappointed due to the little things that were a miss.
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
Andrea
"Rundown and needing Help"
Poorly kept hotel. Needs renovations to rooms, walls dirty, drapes torn, just old. The center atrium was overrun by kids and you would think that people never got to eat the way they piled food at buffet. For the cost of the room I would have expected much better from a Hilton property. I would not recommend this hotel, drive a little further and find something better. We left there and stayed 3 days in a Hampton Inn at less than half the price and the room was great.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Jeffery
"Carl's Review"
The facility was very clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. We had no problems at all. Only negative was having to pay for the Wifi which is dissappointly for the room rate we paid.
5 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
Carl
"This place made our trip!!!!"
After a horrible experience with my car rental, and getting to Monterey, arriving at Embassy Suites was like an oasis in the desert. The staff are incredible and so helpful individuals. My partner and I were so welcomed and taken care of, the breakfast was delicious; omelet bar...yum!! The location is 3 blocks away from the beach. Prefect!!!! I loved stayed here. We will be back!!!!
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Chantalle M.
Good hotel. Get to the breakfast early.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Fred
"Very spacious!!"
We are a family of 6 and there was plenty of room for all of us. The big space made it that much more comfortable. We had a couch that fold out to a bed in one room. Then the next room there was 2 double beds as well. Televisions in both rooms, wet bar, fridge, microwave, and even a dining table that sits 4 people. Never had so much room before. It was pretty quiet as long as you were not focusing on the noise coming from outside. Breakfast was excellent!!! Big buffet style and they even had made to order omelletes. Will definitely come back if in the area. Only complaint was that the bathrooms could use better cleaning. I was lucky to have clorox wipes on me because there were some visible markings in there if you know what i mean (yuck!!). And there was sooo many spider webs and like 3 spiders in the curtains.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Timothy
"Satisfactory in Seaside."
First room reeked of cigarette smoke. Second room was already occupied. Third room was fine. Hotel is across the street from the Monterey Bay Trail....nice walking/jogging/cycling. $10/night to park and $10/day internet charge is annoying. Didn't buy the internet...cell phone hot spot was the better choice for us. Breakfast and happy hour were both fine. Good choices, etc etc.
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
kyle
"Clean and friendly"
great for families, had 3 kids ranging from 12y to infant. enjoyed the evening reception. glad we stayed there.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Cynthia
"Overall good stay"
Weekend getaway for anniversary. Hotel staff extremely helpful. Only negative is the self parking fee per day of $10.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Manisha
"Great Stay!"
Our stay was perfect. We had a 6 and 1 year old with us and the hotel was set up in a way that we could be comfortable and the other guests would not be bothered by us. The staff was very friendly! Another great thing was the hotel was close to everything; the beach, the aquarium, Downtown, the Children's Museum, and the park. I would definitely stay there again!
4 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Ryan
The website advertises a rollaway bed available. The hotel has no rollaway beds. We were a party of 4 adult mails and 2 of us had to sleep in pull out couch together. It was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Room and facilities weren't the cleanest, but the complimentary breakfast buffet and happy hour made up for it. Good location to the Monterey beach and to Big Sur.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
"location was misrepresented."
Imagine asking to speak to the GM, and you never even get a call back? The staff is not a Hilton Caliber. Cheap breakfast standard. Restaurant furniture is dirty. Room is old. And you'll get a better appetizers at a Mexican Down under watering hole. Chips and Salsa from Costco. It was a joke for a Hilton hotel.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
moses
"embassy suites doesn't honor their bookings"
Booked three months in advance to get a room with two beds for my daughters college move in. Although I had the reservation clearly showing two beds, hotel gave me s king bed plus sofa bed, and told me they were sold out and could not give me anything else. They told me I should have booked direct and then my reservation would have been honored as booked. Hotels.com was not able to resolve situation and offered to find me other accommodations but I was sure all other places would be booked as it was college move in day. Hotels.com gave me a credit for future use, all the hotel did was give me a ten dollar credit for parking! This is the second time I have stated at an embassy suites and I have not been satisfied either time.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Kendall
Everything was good except one thing. I asked several times for the 2 rooms to be next to each other and even called before hand. I was told they'd be next to each other when I got there, the rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel. It made it very inconvenient for the family.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
The room was nice except the mildew smell that hit you when you first go in. For such an expensive place they had several very cheap fixtures. The lights in the bathroom and above the desk in the room looked like they were from a flea market and the toilet paper holders were also very cheap.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
julie
The hotel was loud. You could hear anyone walking by. Had enough room, and service was fine. Breakfast was good and the gym.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Leslie
"Run down hotel room, with noisy traffic close by."
Room was noisy, old, and run down. I am shocked Embassy Suits would have a room like the one we were in. It was equal quality of like a Motel 6. I know this hotel is being renovated in the fall, but the amount paid does not equal the room we had.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Overnight getaway turned annoying"
Water main break. Couldn't get a room till 3 hours after check in time. Didn't know about comp'd drinks so I ordered 50 worth at the bar. Hotels.com had it booked as handicap. My hotels.com res said nothing about a roll in shower. Got a nice room finally and but water was leaking on the rug from the fridge. We spent 5 hours in the room awake and 8 asleep. Our bill was 350 with the drinks from the bar, and the hotel would not comp anything. Not even the 50 in drinks when they had free bar service across the way they didn't share info about! Not impressed by the service or the way a natural issue was handled OR hotels.com booking handicap rooms when there was nothing in the res stating "handicap".
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Nicole
"Enjoyed it fully"
Took full advantage of the hotel amenities from the pool, room service, free afternoon snack and breakfast. Enjoyed it all, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and clean.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
fred
Great hotel/service/and views
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
J.R.
"Good experienexperience"
Good functional hotel but expensive. Happy hour is a real bonus
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Martin
"Ok"
family vocation
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
ronnie
A bit run down and needs repairs. Price extremely high for quality. Food or decor not comparable to other Embassy Suites.
"Great port in a storm"
Great front desk ! So nice ! Very responsive staff. Room smelled like cleaning products trying to cover up mold, but that was ok. AC was great, room service was an unexpected treat, and suite was huge. Nice job guys.
Clifford
We paid for a ocean view and when we got there they sold our room, so we got a side room. On Saturday they did not clean our room, when we got back from at the end of the day we had to ask for clean towels. They gave us a code for the drink and soda machines which did not work 2 different times--when I asked they said after a 100 people get things the machine shuts down????We have stayed many times at Embassy Suites and they are very good, this time not so good and at over $440 per night I was very unhappy.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Jack
"Great Family Hotel Getaway!"
Had a wonderful family getaway at Embassy suites. The staff was wonderful! Great customer service. We ended up making some changes to our stay and they were accommodating and helpful. The free hot breakfast was great with their made to order omelets. I also loved the evening free snacks and beverages in the evening. The hotel is located right next to the beach and a short distance from the Warf and Aquarium. We would definitely go back!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Kellie
The staff was excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was better than we expected as well.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Needs an update. Overall good place to take kids. Very kid friendly but not the place for a couples getaway. Excellent staff!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Room was ok but the insides smelt like burnt wood and no way to block out the morning light, only sheer curtains ??? Good food in the am. and free drinks from 530-730. The rooms need an update.
Ron
"Family trip"
It was crowded, But indoor pool was fun and exercise room was good, Restaurant at hotel needs for choices in the menu,
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Very humid threw out the entire hotel & rooms"
The food is great the amenities are good. The air quality was horrible musky & thick everywhere threw out the hotel & rooms. The A/c wouldn't go lower than 70. Also a water main broke so we had no running water for almost a day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Good stay- not fancy though."
Nice enough. Not luxury but if you are traveling with kids it is perfect with the breakfast and indoor pool. Proximity to the beach is great and half the price of other Monterey hotels. Get a high floor or you will have street noise. Recommend it for families with kids.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Erin
Another great stay at the Embassey Suites! Always clean, the service is outstanding and great location to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Frishermans Wharf. I was taking my daughter, husband and five grandkids to see the aquarium the next day. The kids enjoyed the swimming area and the reception. The next morning they were happy to have so many options for breakfast. They all told me that they loved the hotel! When my husband and I travel I always book the Embassey Suites hotel. Thanks again for the "GREAT STAY!"
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
janice
"Fun stay"
Great Staff and Customer service.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
lisa
"reunion family-friendly"
Family reunion perfect place to stay.Breakfast is outstanding,pool relaxing.Nice employees.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
The information on Expedia about the hotel was incorrect. The Expedia website stated that they had rollaway beds available. They did not offer that service at all. Ny daughter ended up sleeping on the couch cushions on the floor.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Nice hotel, but nickel and dime you for everything"
Nice hotel, but only 2 elevators for the tower and one was out of commission. Charge for Internet and parking (in their huge lot!). Very few channels on the tv. Breakfast was good though. Overall, was not good value for money.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
"The only thing wrong was the bathtub didn't drain"
We really enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Tina
"nice place"
nice room but the hot tub was lukewarm not good at all i reported abt luke warm tub and repairs were done next day how ever it was still not hot at all , nice room and staff
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
sandra
Overall I felt our room was over priced. We had three kids so we got a small suite ( two doubles and a pull out couch) over $300. Accommodations were ok. Free cocktail hour was very appreciated! Staff was friendly. Within walking distance of the beach but you have to walk under the freeway so it's not a calm stroll. Restaurants in the area were very limited. Hotel clean but a bit worn for the price. Free Breakfast was great!
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Cigarette smoke & mildew"
When we first got to our room, we noticed the smell of mold/mildew and cigarette smoke. We went out into the balcony to look at our view of the bay, and my toddler put her hands on the glass table. I saw her hands immediately had cigarette ash all over them. That was disgusting! I quickly cleaned her up and proceeded to clean the table myself with wet wipes. It was obvious that the previous tennants had ignored the non-smoking policy, and the cleaning crew had not done well with this room. The room was muggy, though the A/C was set to 72; granted, it was humid outside from recent rain the previous day. We turned it down to the lowest setting (66) and hoped it would cool off while we went to dinner. We wanted to air out the room as well, but decided against it because there were no screens on either the window in the bedroom or the sliding glass door to the balcony. When we returned after dinner, the cigarette smell was immensely worse! We called guest services who told us there were no rooms available, and asked if they could send up a staff member with an air purifier. We agreed, and a nice young man came up and sprayed something with a citrus scent. Seriously?! My husband later found a huge smear of used soap on the built-in soap dish in the shower. Disgusting! The room still smelled. We changed rooms the next day, & all was fine there but nothing was offered to compensate us (not even free parking or internet, $10/night). Nearly $550 for 2 nights... We will not return.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Two teachers
"Just okay"
The Embassy Suites was a bit disappointing. The staff was friendly, but upon checking in I learned we would have to pay $10 per vehicle to park overnight. I also learned that we would have to either pay for wifi or sign up for a hotel rewards account to get it for free, which I know will result in an onslaught of promotional emails. The room was clean enough and we got a large suite with two beds and a pullout couch which had two TVs and a little fridge/kitchen area and that was really nice. The hotel serves complimentary drinks in the early evening for guests so that was a pleasant surprise. Overall the hotel feels very outdated and it doesn't have as many amenities as you would expect for the price. I don't know that I will stay here again but it seems good for families or large groups.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Zoe
Great hotel. Great breakfast. Indoor pool a bit stuffy. Service was wonderful.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Ugo
Always loved the suite rooms , great breakfast , this time experience was not so good , bathroom smelling like urine and pillows didn't smell fresh
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"What a wonderful stay"
Love this hotel, the staff is wonderful! I was able to due an early check in, they were beyond accommodating.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015