All hotels in Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
17222 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ, 85053, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"Good hotel Superbowl weekend"
Very pleased with this hotel, very convenient location if you are in the Glendale Area, right on the I-17 highway, i would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Roberto
"Nice room COMFY BEDS"
We were only there over night but check in was quick & easy. The staff was very friendly and our room was nice & clean and our bed was VERY COMFY ! We slept great !
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Wendaline
"Needed it in a pinch"
Hotel was cheap and available.
1 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
Carl
"Wouldn't stay her again"
I stayed here two nights just to have a quiet place to work. Couldn't sit on the chairs because one was broken and the other looked filthy. The rest of the furniture is pretty old and out dated. The bathroom is clearly not deep cleaned;just looked under toilet seat at the rim. Also found a little insect crawling in my bed. Also saw cops in the lobby questioning some teens who were clearly up to no good. I knew I was staying at a two star hotel but defelt like a one star. Won't be staying here again.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2015
"Do not stay here"
Hotel is right next to airport. Sink was broken as stopper would not hold water. Hair dryer did not work. We were on first floor, we had a person above us who walked back & forth for two days. We complained but manager said come back at 10:00 if it was still going on. By that time we were exhausted and just stayed in the same room. Breakfast was only coffee and very weak. The room is old and the walls thin.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Ugly"
It was horrible! I will never stay there again nor will I recommend the hotel! The tub kept plugging up while you're taking a shower. I asked the maid to fix our bed and place clean towels, she never did.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Keep looking"
This hotel had gross stained bed spreads. We found it creepy. Last review with details that I wrote was rejected.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Good budget place to sleep"
Quiet, clean, comfortable, and close to where we wanted to be. It's an older building, but well taken care of. Towels were softer and bigger than expected. Friendly staff at the front desk and housekeeping. We will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Very basic and too expensive!"
Not impressed and wouldn't stay there again!
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"I would stay again"
Even though there was 24 hour available in the lobby, I wish we had coffee available in the room.
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2015
"Showing its age"
I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 3 years and was satisfied. However, after this stay I will not return. The hotel is definitely showing its age. The bedspread and sheets were stained. There was dried toothpaste on the mirror frame and was not cleaned during the three days that I was there. The bathtub drain was slow and the tub started to fill during my shower. There was no hair dryer in the room and the desk clerk informed me that one was not available. In the future, I will spend a little more for a hotel room.
3 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Donald
It took a little while to get someone to check me in. She was distracted and felt unprofessional. The lobby felt dirty. When I got into the hotel, the carpet was dirty and unkempt. I wasn't 100% sure that my room had even been cleaned. The water pressure was awful. I do not recommend staying here. Pick another hotel! There are several in the same area.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"geting away"
just a good getaway
3 night trip Jan 9, 2015
herman
"Help"
Creepy guests hanging out in the lobby. In the evening hookers and pimps work the back parking lot for the truckers
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
dan
"Disappointing"
Hotel picture did not reflect the actual rooms at all. The concierge was great and seemed to be out of place at this particular location. When you walked into the hotel windows were dirty and hotel staff was sitting talking in the lobby. The condition of the hotel room was also very disappointing. When we walked into our room the bedding had stains on the sheets and the walls look like they had a bad touch up paint job. The bathrooms were very dirty and had some sort of dirty liquid on the wall that really should have been cleaned as it was very noticable. I was very surprised at the condition of the hotel and thought it would have been a nice hotel with the red roof reputation. I don't think I will ever stay at a red roof hotel again...very disappointed :(
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"USED TO like the place.."
Absolutely loved this place.. Stayed off and on the majority of the year.. There was randomly a mistake with us booking the wrong room so we owed an extra 10$.. The front desk worker didn't know how to fix it because the hotel was sold out.. So without informing us, the manager (NATHAN) cancelled our reservation and then went home.. He called at midnight and said if we did not leave he would call the police. With no where to go and in 30degree weather, we were out on our butts.. Too late to check into anywhere else.. I've been left hating this place. It was inhumane.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Functional"
functional room, slow wifi
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"decent motel for the price"
we were supprised by how quite it was even though our room was facing the Interstate. The folks hanging around in the lobby were a little creepy but over all not a bad place to stay
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Somewhere else."
This is one I would avoid in the future. Dirty room, old hotel and not a great neighborhood. The service was not bad. I hate giving ratings like this but it is deserved.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Oscar
"mediocre"
Comfortable enough but not especially clean and fairly noisy. No sound proofing at all.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"shower"
Shower was a mess... no water pressure, and the curtin bar was broken
2 night trip Dec 24, 2014
scott
"enjoyable peaceful mini vacation"
I really enjoyed myself. I had a restful sleep myself and my daughter. I had some reservations at first about going to the hotel but I found it to be in great condition I had no major issues and the staff was very nice. Had an opportunity to meet the general manager didn't know that he was the general manager and he was just as pleasant as his staff.
2 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"I did not feel comfortable at all"
First of all, the room was very dirty.For example there were a lot of purple stains on the floor,the toilet was stink ,the bed smelts bad. Second , the hotel stuff was very rude when I changed the room because there were many problems in my room. I won't come back this hotel again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Ok Stay"
The staff was friendly, but the beds were harder than I like and I had to ask for a hair dryer.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"the rate as from hotels.com"
Very noisy, was on 1st floor people running and jumping on the 2nd floor all nite long. Bed was very comfortable.
5 night trip Dec 24, 2014
"Unfortunate Choice"
Although I was scheduled to stay at this establishment for 9 days, I stayed only 2 nights. I found the area to be unsavory and the room was not as nice as pictured. The staff though not unfriendly, was not co-operative. The second night we were there, the hotel was over run by homeless teen-agers and the security guard appeared to be drinking. I did not feel safe or secure and left as soon as I could make arrangements elsewhere.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
No comment
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Dennis
I never stayed at a room that smelled so clean. Very impressed with the cleanliness.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"overnight stay"
Overnight stay for business but wanted to be close to some friends and it was perfect. Everything was great.
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
Kendra
"HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE"
On a 2 night stay, the room was never cleaned. all they did was come in and throw the bedspread on the bed. The remote was thrown across the room and the bed was small and uncomfortable. The shower head had little water coming from it, and the staff pretty much ignored any concern i had. Outside the main entrance, a bunch of derelicts smoked their cigarettes and threw them on the ground as there was no "butt" can to throw them away properly. The 3rd floor ice machine didn't work, and didn't work until I was leaving.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Eddie
"Unfortunate Choice"
Pool was in repair, ice machine was inoperable. Told two staff members about the ice machine neither did anything about it. Great that it was a no smoking hotel; however, employees and guests stood immediately outside the doors to smoke, so the smell permeated clothes. With six or seven people outside the door, it was also intimidating to walk through the crowd. The was security, sitting in the lobby. Didn't look to have the personality to confront the smokers. The GM was pleasant after he found out I was not a homeless person who had wandered into the lobby to get a drink, but until then he was curt. When I walked in, he was waiting on another person, so I wlked to the drinking fountain to get a drink. One of the cleaning staff sitting in the lobby swore like a sailor in front of the guests.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"In the middle of a business district"
There was literally no lobby as it consisted of four chairs around a table. Disappointed as there was no where to take a walk. Businesses on all sides of the hotel besides the freeway. There were frequently people loitering in the parking lot. I did not feel safe in the area.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Wrong Red Roof"
I accidentally booked here and not the regular Red Roof I stay at. I noticed last minute and couldn't change my booking. I was disappointed with the experience overall compared to my previous stays with red roof. Rooms were fine except for the old bed. The general clientele were disturbing and seemed bummy. Especially at night they seemed to loiter around the front door and reception area. With the security guard and night desk guy. No problems but it was odd. Random people looking for people in unknown rooms. This was only the first and second nights. Not so much the third. I will make sure to never stay here again.
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Pablo
"Cigarette smell..... Yuck!!!!"
The other reviews said that this hotel was clean and nice... well they lied cuz it of wreaked of cigarettes.... All I could smell was cigarettes in my bed, in the hallways it was everywhere!!!! Gross!!! Oh and the floor under the toilet was looking and feeling like it was going to go through the floor and into the room under us!!! Horrific!!!!!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"I'd stay again, great price."
If you don't want to pay much for a hotel,this hotel I recommend. I stay here quite a bit.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"An okay short stay."
We spent about 8 hours total in the room. The service was good. Some caulking was coming off in the bathroom. Rate was great!!
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"hotel needs improvements"
we arrived and noticed the smell of smoke cigerattes and cigars on front of hotel outside and found several bugs on the towels in the bathroom
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Poor"
bed and pillows uncomfortable. Bedding Stained. Can hear everything through walls and in hall. Won't stay there again. Front desk staff was extremely nice though.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Would Definitely Stay Here Again!"
Great price. Great location. Big rooms. Comfy and convenient!
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Rhonda
"2 nights in Phoenix"
Hotel was inexpensive at this time of year and well worth the stay.
2 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
"Solitude by I-17"
Even though the Red Roof is located right beside I-17, the room was very quiet. I found the staff to be warm and friendly and the snack area clean. My room was spacious and clean, the sheets nice and the bed comfortable. I travel to Phx often and I am looking for a repeat hotel to call a second home. I might have found it here. Thanks for the good night!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
LadyMucker
"Decent Location - Great Price"
Although there are no doubt better hotels in Phoenix, this hotel was entirely satisfactory at a much lower rate. Situated right off of I-17, it was very easy to get back on to I-17 and get to loop 101. In about 15 minutes we were where we needed to be that morning. Staff was courteous and informative plus gave us a room away from the interstate traffic noise. Beds were comfortable, room was clean. Only negative was no hair dryer. Would stay there again.
"You get what you paid for..... Not really."
Given that the room was only $45, i was not expecting 1st class experience. Going into the lobby area i was pretty surprised, lobby was clean, the staff behind the counter was friendly, could use more of a smile. But they checked us in earlier than expected. First glance the room itself looked "okay" cleanliness wise. Going further into the room, there were chips and cracks in the sink area. Turning on the lights of the "vanity/sink" across from the closet, tbe lights flickered for a good 3 seconds until it set. Then about 5 mins in, there was a humming sound like the lights were fighting each other to stay on. Next, taking a shower, the bathroom floor corners was filled with dirt and grime. The tub looked pretty dirty and felt slimey. Not the greatest water pressure and after about 2 mins using it there was a loud squeeking noise and the water pressure dropped to "a water hose" type pressure. At night, when leaving, getting out of the elevator there was a guy sitting on the chair barefoot and looked "homeless". There was no one behind the counter. Coming back to the hotel about 3 hours later the same guy and another "homeless looking" was there walking around barefoot, in the lobby area. I dont know what the situation was but my first reaction was they let homeless roam around, which then questioned their security measures of needing a room key after hours to get into the building.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Charlene
"None"
Hotel clerk wasnt to kind, no smile or greetings...
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Dennis
"Parking lot hangout at night"
Room was fine. Checkin handled professionally. Lobby and hallways not very clean. Sketchy people hanging around in parking lot both PM and AM - did not feel very safe walking in lot at night.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Red roof. North phoenix"
The woman at the front desk was great. However when we got to the hotel they were a bunch of hoodlum type guys hanging around outfront and one of them was working on spray painting the bumper of a car. The The bedspread was stained and really filthy, the sheets in one of the beds had Black dots all over it. I walked down the stairs instead of taking the elevator and the rugs on the stairs would just disgustingly filthy
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
stanley
"Overnight Stay"
Checked in and happily surprised there was no Charge for our dog. It would be nice if we could of checked in earlier than 3pm and if there was more than one bath towel in the bathroom. But overall it's a nice motel, centrally located. Not many cable tv channels. Suggestion.. Maybe add some flyers from area deliveries, Pizza, restaurants etc. Would come back :)
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"do not stay"
not worth the money... shower clogs and room not clean ad stinks... housekeeping do not do a good job...
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"good stay good location."
The room was very comfortable with plenty of room. It was clean. All interactions with staff were pleasant and handled professionally.
5 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Thomas Cody
"Reasonable price, clean room"
I stayed briefly at the hotel because of the reasonable price. I can't say the amenities impress me. No continental breakfast was served and you walk through a cloud of smokers to get into the lobby. Quite a bit of road noise if you stay on the freeway side. Otherwise, the hotel meets expectations.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014