All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1500 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent for a short stay"
The room was suitable for a one night stay. Had a musty smell- in need of some updates. I would not want to use this place for a long stay. Just wasn't as clean as I would like (the bathroom seemed clean and so did the sheets, just the carpet, corners, room lights, peeled paint, etc. just an old place, but a good location, good price, and I did enjoy the décor.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
"a piece of San Francisco history"
Delightful historic setting, peaceful neighborhood, conveniently located. excellent restaurant, amazing, unforgettable bar and bar tender!
3 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
karol
"Historical Hotel - Charming but Not Updated"
This is great deal for the price. Very cute bar and restaurant in the lobby area, with a nice staff and accommodating. Depending on your needs the location is good, and safe. Staff is really great. Very charming hotels with large rooms and bathrooms. The hotel is old, and historical, and looks it - for better or for worse. Overall, if you are not looking for something very fancy or modern, but nice, cozy and cute, this place does nicely. I deduct one star for being just a little run down. But I wouldn't discourage staying there, it is a great value. I also like not staying downtown because parking is relatively easy, here, and you are central to all the activities in the City.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
Salvatore
"Overpriced and Underwhelming"
I know that for some strange reason, a half-decent hotel in San Francisco is normally expensive but I have no idea why this hotel cost so much. It was poorly maintained. The corridor had a horrible stench. There was no a/c, only heating and it was extremely hot during my stay. It isn't an awful hotel, but for the price, much more was expected.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
EJ
"Beautiful hotel. Close to cable car line."
We wanted an nice, but reasonably-priced hotel for a weekend away in SF. Hotel Majestic got it right. The hotels closer to North Beach and Pier 39 were almost 2x the price, and just big corporate chains. Majestic is a classic old-world elegance place. Bed was comfortable. Staff was immensely friendly. We could walk easily to the top of the California cable-car line, which enabled us to get pretty much anywhere on public transportation. There were plenty of cool little eateries and bars nearby to the hotel as well, and the in-hotel food was very good.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Geoff
"Older but still nice"
The Majestic is and older hotel but still nice and comfortable. Our room was a standard Queen. It looked a little warn but was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Poor Experience"
I have booked this hotel many times for business guests and been pleased, but this visit the hotel was very hot and my guest had to move rooms twice. He was very dissatisfied and unfortunately I will not feel comfortable booking future guests at this location.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Adequate but not more than that"
This hotel meets your basic needs and not much more. Good staff but they cannot overcome the old, Outdated facilities. Normally, there are many other hotels in this price range which would be a better deal. However, I had to come into the city for a last minute meeting and everything was booked.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Consultant
"Good location for the SF Opera House"
Vintage hotel with interesting décor. However, for seniors, the beds are quite high and may require a stepping stool. Some bathtubs are high claw foot tubs and again may be high for some seniors. We were unable to acquire a rubber safety mat from the hotel for using the tub as a shower. Very small room. Nice restaurant with egg and bacon breakfast.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"enjoy the city even if only for a short while"
The only thing that I would change is the dinning room menu. Breakfast: Oatmeal with toast and juice--two eggs any style hash browns sausage with toast. Just a few simple things. The help where great, enjoyed our stay--thank you--Hal
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
HaroldH
"Nice classic hotel good location"
They make sure u get the feel of the classic ... All is good except no breakfast. There was an old lady there who was extremely helpful because my first room had no ac and it became unbearably hot. Before the old lady's shift started they refused me another room but as soon as she got there she immediately switched my room to one with an ac. That converted a potentially horrible experience into a really good one. So I have mixed feelings ants the helpfulness of the staff. My key advise make sure u get a room with an ac and also have look at the room before checking in as rooms for lesser price maybe in a better aesthetic condition, as was my experience.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
nasir
"Older, nice hotel"
We have stayed at the Majestic twice and have been in three different rooms. The hotel is turn of the century and truly beautiful, especially the dining room. It is clean and well cared for, with ornate decorations. So if you appreciate that atmosphere it is definitely worth considering. Also, the price is more reasonable that most in the city. You do have to pay for parking, which is valet. The rooms vary in size. In our stays, we had two pretty small rooms and one room that was quite roomy and comfortable, with a large, two sink bathroom and it truly felt fancy. It is worth asking about the room size. If the size of the room doesn't matter, perhaps for a person that is alone, it is very nice.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
D
"Must try the bar"
Mike the bartender is super good, must try his drinks.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Would not recommend"
No comments but I wouldn't recommend to no one
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Review"
The hotel could use repairs to the rooms and new pillows. The breakfast was very good and the overall stay was nice. Do miss a coffee maker in the room for the morning.
Response by Hotel Majestic
Dear Beth, Thank you for staying with the Hotel Majestic and taking your time to leave us your valuable comments and suggestions. We are excited that you liked our breakfast and your hotel stay as well. As for your suggestions regarding the repairs to the rooms, we're gradually working on the room detailing project and upgrading some room amenities. We'd love you welcome you to our hotel again and again in your future visit to the beautiful San Francisco. Once again, thank you for choosing the hotel Majestic. You have a wonderful day!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Beth
"A charming hotel near Pacific Heights"
This is an older hotel with claw foot bathtub and pedestal sink. The rooms are not large but the bed is soft and I found it charming.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Awesome Hotel"
The moment I walked in I was in awe of its beauty. My husband said WOW this is really nice. It was a great way to spend our last night in San Francisco.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IN THE PICTURES."
While old nostalgia is what the hotel is going for...it really just came across as old. While the latter front desk receptionist came across as very pleasant, the initial was very rude in attempting to check-in earlier than the "3PM" check-in time. The bathroom looked old, exposed and older piping in the shower did not look inviting. I was able to hear the patrons above me walk back and forth, and our own floor would creak every time we walked. All in all, you are paying for location and only location. Extremely overpriced and would never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
I did not include room rates that I was aware of and did not use any profanity in my last review, which you rejected. If you don't want my opinions don't ask.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
We enjoyed our stay; although the room was very small, it was so nicely appointed with a comfy bed. The hotel was clean and very nice. I felt we had stepped back in time with the decor -- very nicely done. It was easy to walk around the neighborhood and there were quite a few restaurants to choose from. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
The hotel is still very beautiful. My suite was beautifully appointed. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The top of the bed is over 3 feet from the floor. Most hotels with old Edwardian beds have chamber steps to get into the bed. If you are not at least 5'8'' or very young, climbing into bed is a challenge. They ignored my request for a step . Finally the evening clerk had a step ladder sent to the room. It was too dangerous to use. They increased parking to $35 per night. They charge for everything, including water. Internet in the room was free. While I love this hotel I will not return under the current owners who I understand have been there 5 years.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"A very old hotel"
I was very disappointed with this hotel. There were no Air conditioning!!! everything was acient and not so clean.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
traveler
"Charming old Hotel in a Good Location"
This last stay was my 2nd in that hotel. I love the old architecture & finishes. My husband joined me this last time and enjoyed it, too. We had fun hanging out in the Butterfly Bar after a long day of sightseeing, slept well in the comfortable bed, and had a delicious breakfast the next morning in their dining room. Great place! Nice staff!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Francie
Great location, clean and accommodating! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Rooms need renovation"
Rooms are old, stuffy and they smell funny. Old carpets, curtains, wall paper and everything a person with allergies would hate. No air conditioning. Awful water pressure.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"There was nothing Majestic about this Hotel"
When we checked into our room there was a clump of hair in the bathroom. There was also the previous guest garbage on the floor next to the wardrobe closet. There is no AC in the room. I called down to ask if there was and was told “I could take advantage of the nice breeze and open the windows but there is no AC.” The front desk clerk offed that they had a fan to loan out so we took them up on their offer. When the fan came it was broke. One of the fan blades was broken and sitting on the bottom of the box fan. I took the fan down to exchange it and fortunately they had another fan that wasn’t broken. At night we couldn’t leave the windows open to take advantage of the cool breeze because there were no screens and they opened to the fire escape which was assessable to the other hotel guests. The water pressure for the shower was very week, it took longer than needed to rinse off. We ended up only using the hotel as a place to sleep and shower. Had I known our stay was going to be so unpleasant we would have just stayed at the Holiday Inn around the corner.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Good access to public transportation"
Nice ambiance. Beautiful room. Big bathroom. Friendly staff. Right on a bus route, easy access to all points of interest
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Reasonable accommodations"
The hotel and room are truly unique and detail period. There is some deferred maintenance but it is clean and comfortable. The valet service is very unsettling and slow. It is a shower over claw tub.
5 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
The hotel is located near main area of San Francisco. The price during our stay was very high and hotel is just 3 stars. Hotel is designed in Hindi way, so you can feel it and see everywhere. Hotel room was clean, but towers and bathropes were not first freshness.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Marcin
"Smallest hotel room ever!"
The location of the hotel was good. The cleanness of the room was good, but the size of the room was shocking. We have bigger closets in our home. My husband and I were tripping over each other. There was only room for one person between the foot of the bed and the wall. The same was true of one side of the bed. There was no air flow also. There was a window but it faced a brick wall not more than 5 feet away. No air conditioning of course being San Francisco, but a fan to circulate air would have been nice. We're just glad we had lots to see and do because spending time in our room was out if the question.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Marcie
Overall is quite good except that the lobby has some kind of unpleasant smell.
4 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Presley W
Cool, older hotel. Pretty good access to cable cars and Van Ness where there are plenty of amenities. Pretty good price considering it's the peak of tourist season.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay."
Hotel Majestic met our needs..great rate, wonderful restaurant for breakfast..great little bar for an evening drink..room was very clean and "majestically" furnished. We would certainly stay again. Oh, and complimentary morning coffee in the lobby..very nice!
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Sonya
"Won't be back."
This is an old hotel that needs work. No AC in room; no ceiling fan.Water temp in shower fluctuated. Sink and tub rocked back and forth. Elevator had "inspection pending" notice. Discolored lamp shades suggested incandescent bulb wattage was too high.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Majestic!"
Loved the old feel and decor. Very romantic.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Arleen
We loved are stay in San Francisco
5 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Jay
"JAG"
Peaceful! We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the classic art deco styling. Lots of beautiful details.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Mrs. G
"Beautiful hotel, well-located"
Our hotel stay was wonderful. The concierge greeted us every morning and was helpful when we asked for information about the area and how to get to our desired location. The only downside to the hotel was that the room had a bit of an odd smell, but the could have been from the hotel being old and the room being closed up. The decor was amazing and the views of the city from our window were completely worth the stay.
7 night romance trip Jun 25, 2014
"Awesome!"
Perfect location. Lots of character.
4 night trip Jul 1, 2014
KR
"Full of character, comfort and clean! Loved it!"
Magical! Built in 1903 and very nice accommodations.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Suzie
"old but ok"
old hotel, but feels like a french house. Very quiet. The bar guy is a very good man. Front desk people are all good. The bed sheets are bad... look good, but feel tickle all over.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Enjoyed the stay very much. The character of the hotel was fantastic and the family enjoyed
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
""Warm hospitality"?"
Although I have enjoyed several stays at the Majestic and find it a lovely place, on this occasion I found the hotel's own claims of "warm hospitality normally reserved for long-cherished friends" and that "guests are welcomed more as house guests than as hotel residents" not to be deserved. My reception at the front desk was cold and impersonal. One day two employees carried on a minor spat in front of me as I waited in the lobby for the elevator. In the beautiful restaurant, I sat with an empty coffee cup as the server passed my table repeatedly without noticing and offering refills. I will, however, return to the Majestic.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
LyMel
"Great Charm"
I was excited to be staying here the moment it came in to view as I walked up Geary and spotted it. Immediately saw the character. Once checked in and got onto the elevator to go up the the Opera Suite on the 4th floor, it just got more fun. Nice big room, had a fireplace and HUGE King bed that you have to hop onto. Large 4 poster frame with nicely appointed bedding. This room had windows that opened and you could step out onto the fire escape and get a great view of the surroundings. That night that I stayed, after returning from a concert at The Fillmore (about a 6 block walk away) we were able to enjoy spreading out a blanket (our own) on the fire escape, listen to the sounds of the city, and watch the moon rising over the city. So fun! - So, now, that said. The room's 'character' was created with the pretty, albeit well worn furnishings. There was a tear on the arm of the couch, and one of the chairs had the piping around the backrest missing. But, seriously, it was SOO minor and the pieces were from a period when they still looked fitting for the space. Some of the papered walls were flaking - again, just gave a feel that you were in a by-gone time of the city. We adored it. Everything WORKED, the bathroom was lovely, again holding a regal feeling, by not being so 'new'. I will highly recommend and when I come back to San Francisco, I'd enjoy staying here, again. I'll even request that same room! :)
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
PNWGal65
Parking and meals very expensive.
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very Satisfied"
Hotel Majestic was very charming and I would go again!
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"charming hotel"
The hotel shows its age a little but it has a ton of character. Our room was made up and cleaned well each day. The hotel bar and restaurant seemed a little empty when we were there but the service is friendly and entertaining and the food is good. I highly recommend getting a cocktail at the bar, you won't be disappointed.
4 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
QUIET, NICE VICTORIAN ATMOSPHERE. nice staff. odd neighborhood.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
The G-Man
"Old World Charm"
We enjoyed our stay. The Hotel is away from all the attractions, but sits in a quite neighborhood. We were lucky enough to get 1 of the 9 suites. The room was spacious and was set in the early 19th century Tall ceilings, a giant king size four poster bed. The windows opened to catch a nice breeze. The staff was attentive and the bar had a very cool Butterfly collection.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2014
Mr. Ryan
"Classic Hotel"
Great Classic Hotel, desk service leaves something to be desired as well as general maintenance. Valet's were awesome. Room was elegant, but could use some TLC. Overall if it wasn't a special night and we love classic hotels, we would not stay there. The bedroom and sitting room were elegant, the bathroom okay. The fact that there are no screens on the windows 3 stories and no ventilation in the room was daunting, woke up to a very stuffy room.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014