All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1500 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good but not great, mid location"
Welcomed into the hotel and shown to our room, very impressed with the initial quality of the room - closer inspection though and I changed my mind. Very tired furniture! The bed looked inviting, but hard, No aircon either, no in March it was bearable if you opened the window (lots of traffic noise) not sure what it would be like in the summer months. As the few days that we were there (4) the 'welcome' seemed few and far between (sometimes barely a nod from the receptionist) so if that bothers you then you could (almost) take offence. The dining area was beautiful. overall very eighties so would not appeal to the younger generation. Mid location but a cheap bus ride took you to where the action is and they run every 10 mins or so.
4 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
tanya
"Majestic, San Francisco, CA"
Nice older hotel, we had twin beds so be careful when reserving rooms to make sure you get what you need for your accomodations
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Nice Hotel, But Needs Coffee in the Morning"
I have stayed at the Majestic before, and I think it is a decent value for the area. My problem is with the lack of coffee or tea... I thought there was supposed to be coffee in the lobby. There was no coffee on Saturday or Sunday, and it was hit and miss during the weekdays. There was never coffee out early. I will not stay at the Majestic again because I really like to get up and either have coffee in my room or to just go to the lobby. For this trip, I had to go out at 6:00 AM and find a place that was open to buy coffee.
6 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Kate
"Just have to walk in to fall in love!"
We thought it was beautiful with so much character...right down to peeling wallpaper! We really were counting on the WiFi, it went out on the 4th floor and we were on the 5th so didn't have a thing, This being a business trip..... that was a nightmare! I really thought they would have worked something out, or compensated us for the major inconvenience, but no! The HOTEL I fell in love with and tried to book it again for this week and it was unavailable :(
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
dalita
"First time visit to California"
Great staff, very friendly . Enjoyed my stay. Nice to stay in a hotel that was not a chain
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
Ann
"Beautifully renovated old hotel in a great area."
The room had the feel of a very old hotel, nicely restored. It was comfortable, but the lack of a desk to work on was disappointing. The very high bed was hard for me to get in and out of since I am short. It was nice to have a refrigerator.
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Irene
"Great Little Boutique Hotel"
Great little boutique hotel well situated in very walkable neighborhood.Public transportation right outside door for easy access to all of San Fran. Wonderful dining room that conveniently serves breakfast from 7-10:30. Nice staff! A little worse for wear but I still enjoyed my stay and will return.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
carolyn
"Good for the price."
We stayed for 6 days. The second day we were there the water was off for 6 hours. It ruined our whole day of plans. The staff was not very apologetic to us and only offered to comp the bottle of water that I drank. The staff was very cold and did not seem to know what they were doing. I recommend upgrading to a bigger room if you want to be comfortable. We did when we saw our first room but upgraded real fast. I know the hotel is old but it seemed they were needing to do work i.e. Paint, fixing cracks...etc... In the middle of the day. If you don't mind a disorganized staff who isn't apologetic stay here.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Ran
"Vintage feel"
Majestic was beautiful and had a lot of character! However, it is a bit outdated. I liked the vintage look and old school tub, but some wall paper could at least be redone. The bar area was quaint and the bar tender was fun and nice.
1 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Danielle
"Very old building"
Staff was super polite and room was clean, but peeling wallpaper, cracked furniture, oddly crooked mounted TV, and no A/C quickly undid a lot of charm of the historic building. Lot of traffic and siren noise at night as well.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Staying again"
Love this historic hotel! It's like walking into the past with modern amenities. Room service was very quick...15 minutes after ordering, the food arrived. Only draw back is parking. I don't like doing valet because I don't like waiting for my car to arrive. I checked in while a manager was training a new employee. I informed him we had a service dog after he mentioned the "no pets" policy. He then asked me to provide paperwork to prove my dog was a registered service dog. I had to school him that asking me to provide documentation was against federal law. He was nice about it and there were no issues of me having my service dog at that point. They need to train their employees regarding federal ADA laws.
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Glennda
"Incredible rate for Suite!!!!!"
Great price for a room. In a good location very safe neighborhood. It's San Francisco so everything is close.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
room is just ok. must smell good not neutral. pillows not comfortable enough. wifi is only at the reception not on the rooms
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Average price boutique hotel"
Very classic boutique. Service was good. San Francisco parking is kind of annoying.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Hotel with character in quiet convenient place"
Clean convenient and quiet hotel with character close to many tourist sites. Interesting building. Period furniture. Shower in room rather old fashioned but serviceable. Comfortable bed. I would recommend it.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"First Time Stay"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Majestic and are making plans to return. We live about 4 hours drive from San Francisco but come in for some medical appointments. The location was good. Parking would have been a nightmare had they not had valet parking. The staff was very accommodating and everything with clean and fresh. There is a beautiful restaurant and bar. The food was beautifully presented and service was excellent, but the food was, in general, on the bland side. We would rate it average.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Jan
There is nothing much to make an additional comment; please see my rating in catagory.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"bad hotel"
this was our first time going to San Francisco and we did not see anywhere on the site yours or theirs that we needed to pay an extra $35 a night just to park. the Valet who also was our bell hop was very nice, everyone else we encountered there was rude. The person working the front desk would not speak up so I could hear him, the room had no air condition and the entire hotel had a musk smell. we paid for the weekend but after one night my wife could not sleep so we checked out at 5am in the morning and went to a different hotel. this was for our 25th anniv
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Classic Victorian hotel with a convenient location"
Location was great, the room was charming in an Old World Way. I used earplugs because of traffic, but hey, it's the City. We would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Candy
"I would not recomondy it to no one"
i was very disappointed with this hotel No hot water No bright light for me to do my make up The bath tub was very old fashion the picture the show you at hotel that com are not truth The sink block up The television is in the wrong spot I stay in room 312 The room I book at hotel . Com when I get there they give me some other room
4 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Dhanwantie
"Nice Japan town location"
Very nice hotel. Old but clean and friendly. Two hours in the bar with the mixoligists is worth the stay.
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"Recommended"
Nice hotel, convenient location, cheap for what they offec
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Ryan
"Terrific"
Everything was terrific for a romantic getaway. The atmosphere and accommodations were awesome. The drinks in the butterfly lounge were unreal. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but I'm sure it would have been great, too. Thanks!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"LOVED OUR STAY"
WE FOUND OUR NEW FAVORITE SF HOTEL. THE HOTEL WAS LIKE BEING IN A PRINCESS BEDROOM! THE BAR TENDER MICHAEL IS THE MOST AMAZING MIXOLOGIST THAT WE HAVE EVER MET. ALL OF THE STAFF WERE AMAZING AND HELPFUL. IT WAS SO GREAT THAT WE RESERVED A ROOM NEXT MONTH WHEN WE ARE BACK IN SF SEEING THE BALLET. RECOMMEND IT TO ALL! IT IS A GEM IN A CITY WITH MANY FAUX BOBBLES.
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
Leslie
"Loved my stay"
The desk personal were always friendly. The coffee was great and the room was comfortable and clean. We had questions about the cable TV and they solved the problem within minutes. The location is great and I will stay here again if back in SF. I would also recommend this hotel to friends.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Surprisingly fun times at a well kept older hotel."
My house was under construction and my girlfriend cam in from Sacramento to visit family so I rented us a hotel room for one night. I was surprised at how nice the hotel was. The old time decor, canopy bed and claw foot style tub and shower were charming. His and her sinks allowed us to prep together comfortably. We came in from the family event and Mike the bartender at the hotel lounge kept us grinning until close. It was walking distance to Polk street bars and Japantown. Would definitely book again!
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
christopher
"Admire the building but don't stay here"
Outside of hotel and lobby looked great. Room was poorly maintained - dirty curtains and rug, hole in ceiling, too little lighting, furniture falling apart. Would not recommend this to anyone.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"PERFECT FOR OUR OVERNIGHT STAY"
Many of the "name" hotels in SF seemed to be booked for this one night stay before we headed off on a cruise, so we were quite pleased when we checked in to this "hidden gem". Checking in was easy and we found the desk clerk to be extremely helpful in terms of recommending places for dinner and directions for finding our way around the area. Rooms were smallish, but beautifully appointed and while some of the common areas were under construction that did not turn out to be a problem.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Don
"Beautiful old San Francisco Hotel"
The hotel is gorgeous 1920s antique style. I loved that both inside and out it felt authentic. My only issue was with the staff, and the way that the hotel was run. As soon as I walked in it was apparent that they are undergoing some management changes, there is a lot of tension and no one really knew the policies. I was somewhat annoyed that they put a $200 incidental charge on my credit card, I just thought $200 was a lot when I just paid $700 upfront for our stay (I also was there when another guest checked in and they where only charged $100). The only other issue I had with them was that every night after the cleaning staff would come our room keys stopped working, this actually became such a nuisance that we chose not to have our room cleaned the last day just so we wouldn't have to go up stairs, try our key, find out it wasn't working and then go up and down 4 flights of stairs again. All in all it was a nice hotel in a pretty good area but they need to work out the kinks with the management. Free breakfast would have been ideal also.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
They went above and beyond!!! Mike the bartender is amazing
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Jill
Great location, small but sweet - people working there are very friendly and the restaurant has very good food
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Close to Japantown. Nicer part of the city."
I loved the location as I like that the park was a few blocks away so was Japantown where I was able to get snacks or a good lunch and dinner. The staff's were nice and helpful. Make sure to check on your pricing as there is a "Incremental" charge on your bill. Make sure the payment gets returned back to you if you have not damaged anything in the room but overall lovely place to stay at.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
jackie
"Awful Experience"
This was the most horrible hotel I've seen in my life. The website picture and the hotel was a night and day difference. I couldn't stay the first night and I was still charged!
7 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"A hotel settled in the downtown, next to Japantown"
Well, the overall experience was not great. The building is on the hill, so the floor of the room is not flat. And it is hard to find a place to charge your device in the room. Moreover, all facilities are old, the bed frame is shacking once you want to sit on it. The lobby is tiny and only one person is in charge, and no AC is available, just a cooling fan and a warmer... Unlike others, I didn't find any bugs or tissues, but the bathtub is making me angry. Despite the fact that I'm 6'3", I'm skinny, however, I had to squeeze my body into the curtains... The only reason I went there is because I'm a Japanese American, I would like to stay somewhere around the Japantown. Rooms for Hotel Kabuki were out of order, so, this was my only choice.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Noctis
"close to many fun adventures"
A short walk to Japan town shops and restaurants. Close to Regency theatre club events. Short walk to Asian Art museum. A wonderful victorian hotel. Hotel restaurant serves very good food. Bar has interesting butterfly exhibit
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Dixie
"Lots of Character"
We loved this charming historical hotel- loaded with character. Convenient to bus/trolley. We would definitely stay there again. We had a great price likely because the lobby was undergoing a remodel.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice people older building quiet nice bed best vau"
Overallet my needs good restaurants and coffee close by parking prices fair
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
business travel
The place is a little old and funky, but the bathtub shower was super cool and vintage.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Aaron
"Quaint Historic Ambiance"
Loved the room! The historic ambiance of the hotel made it a special experience. Not a cookie cutter place to stay - it has character.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Theresa
"Historic hotel full of San Francisco Charm"
This historic hotel survived the 1906 earthquake, so it is a real bit of historic San Francisco. The small rooms have claw foot tubs and are decorated in keeping with its history. I love it. The restaurant is excellent also, featuring an international menu. The free wifi is robust. So--if you want modern, spacious rooms with big TVs and hairdryers built in, this is not it. But if you want to experience historic San Francisco in a hotel with helpful staff and clean rooms, this is definitely it!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Katie
"The old money feel of San Francisco!"
It is a really magical place!
1 night trip Dec 25, 2014
jesse
"good"
It was a good price for that location! Room was tiny with older furnishings but the bed and bathroom were both clean. Id stay again!
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Awesome!!!!!"
Friendly staff, affordable, great location. I was very pleased
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"A 1902 treat!"
Loved the room! The hotel staff were wonderful! AJ and the bartender were very atentive and kind as well as the front desk and valet staff. It is the most charming hotel I think I have ever stayed in from the canopy beds to claw foot tubs and stunning decor and stairwells! Loved it and will definitely come back and recommend. The food and bar were wonderful as well! Thank you for a very special experience!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Nell
It was an ok hotel. We stayed at a junior suite because the regular rooms were extremely small. You literally have a foot between the door and the wall. Not bad overall. Liked that everything was less than 2 miles away.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"weekend getaway"
Great room and service....Sunday brunch was way too expensive...pedestrian omelet, lukewarm coffee, 4.00 toast....43.00 for 2 without tip....otherwise a great stay .
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
robert
"Meeting friends in SF"
The hotel was very good, loved the Victorian style, with the Armoire and the bed with the canopy. The bathroom was very vintage style. The lobby is very lovely and quaint. We had breakfast there, the restaurant food was very good, the service was very attentive.
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
"Great for a quick getaway!"
Went to SF for a football game and changed hotels at the last minute. Only stayed for one night. Absolutely adored our room. It was charming and felt like a b&b rather than a hotel. Loved the bathroom and tub was big enough for two people. Parking was pricey but you can go in an out. Also, close walking distance or quick cab ride to some great bars and food. I would def. stay again!
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"Exceptional furnishing!"
Nice staff and enviroment, feeling like 18th century
"Decent for a short stay"
The room was suitable for a one night stay. Had a musty smell- in need of some updates. I would not want to use this place for a long stay. Just wasn't as clean as I would like (the bathroom seemed clean and so did the sheets, just the carpet, corners, room lights, peeled paint, etc. just an old place, but a good location, good price, and I did enjoy the décor.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014