All hotels in Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
220 India St, Providence, RI, 02903, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"don't bother"
AC was off when I went into the room. Turned it on all night, but it never got cold. Half the lights didn't work. Had a sleep number bed, that didn't work. There was a loud party in the hall on the 3rd floor from 4:30 to 6. I left tired and sweating.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Lane
"Ok"
Air conditioner was pretty weak. Parking is free but lot and parking spaces are small. Terrible to navigate. Took me twenty minutes to do a 56 point turn to get out of my spot in the am.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Mostly comfortable hotel"
My daughter and I stayed for one night. Overall, the room was very comfortable and clean. Beds could have been a little softer, though, and the bathroom was small. Also, electrical outlets and mirrors were in inconvenient places. We would stay here again, but it would probably be a short stay.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Kathleen
"Just okay"
Good for the money. The indoor parking is questionable. It seems like the parking space was designed for motorcycles.
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
MIRLA
Comfortable stay for overnight. The staff accommodated us with a room not near the interstate.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Anthony
"Nice view"
amazing location and view
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Alexander
"Good hotel for our overnight stay"
Just an overnight stay after attending a concert. Room was nice, although it could use some updates, and staff was excellent.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
Kathleen
Not a bad stay. Room is definetley dated, I'd say early to mid 1980s. The bed seemed new but it sloped at the edge when you sat down. Air conditioner never seemed to get cold enough. Fire alarm went off after 10pm and stayed on for 15 minutes. I called to see if it was false alarm to discover room's phone did not work. The area is close enough to stuff, but we never felt comfortable walking because the immediate area surrounding the hotel was highway, busy traffic and dirt roads. Lobby had a restaurant and bar and seemed nice. Don't have the highest expectations when you stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Quality of service"
Desk clerk was awesome. As busy as he was and only one at desk...always with a SMILE and TENDER VOICE. On the other hand, lady from diner was RUDE. The type that everything bothers them. RUDE!!!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
ALICIA
"Stayed for the 4th of July"
Best location for the 4th of July fireworks. India Point Park is a short walk away.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Traffic noise awful"
The Hotel wasn't that bad overall, nothing special, but the noise from the Interstate was terrible…and the hotel was unable to move us to a quieter room.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Clean and Comfortable"
Nice option for those visiting E Providence
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Thom
"College Tour"
We stayed at this Hotel when we were on Ivy college Tour.The staff at the Reception were very friendly gave us directions for good Indian restaurants.Room was clean and comfortable.location was good,Close to Brown University.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Narasimha
"Goood stopover"
Nice
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
tom
"Great Location, Great Price and No unnecessary fee"
Great Location, Great view to ocean, Free parking and NO resort fee. Its about time a hotel doesn't sneek in unnecessary fees to add to the price. Great Job and the only downside is that the restaurant and bar are not inviting, so go somewhere else but overall a 4 star experience.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
JOHN
"Ok for what we needed"
It was fairly close to everything - we could walk most places. The actual neighborhood was a bit sketchy after dark and there was an obvious police presence. As for the room, it was fine. The bathroom - specifically the shower surround and shower curtain were dirty. Both looked as if there were blood stains on them. Whether it actually was, or not, I don't know. Either way, it was gross. Difficult to feel clean in a dirty shower.
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Wyndam Providence"
The hotel is very run-down. No water pressure in the bathroom sink. The lightbulbs in the room throw off no light. Very dark and dingy. Lobby old and tired. Staff very cordial and prompt. Van service to Brown campus very reliable.
4 night trip May 15, 2015
"Nice view from room if you are on the waterside"
I stayed at the hotel 2 days for business. It is not a luxury hotel but the rooms are big , clean, the mattress is comfortable and the towels are thick. I hated the toilet paper though. I think they can do better and use a better quality one. They have a covered garage, which came handy when it rained. The staff was helpful. I liked the location, you can hop on the highway fast. It is only 6 blocks from the entrance.
Response by Wyndham Garden Providence
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are so delighted that you enjoyed the magnificent view of the Providence Harbor and got to venture over to India Point Park. We hope to see you again soon! All the best, Socrates Ramirez General Manager
Other trip May 25, 2015
GGirl
"Time can be a healer"
Finally, everything functioned! Room was immaculate and quiet. Views to the harbor were restful. Front desk staff was gracious and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Barbara S.
"Close to Brown and downtown with pretty river view"
Phone in room didn't work but that's the only complaint.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Marketa
"Not good by any stretch of the imagination"
This property is in need of an upgrade - old carpeting/bubbling wallpapering in the bathroom that definitely needed replacing. Upon check in, we discovered the elevator down to the parking garage was out of order. While mgt staff was friendly and said it would be "repaired ASAP", that did NOT happen. That also meant that using the other (working) elevator directly from the parking and bypassing the lobby meant that ANYONE could have walked in off the street and gone directly to the rooms upsairs. NOT a safe situation ! The a/c in our room only worked sporadically...while the hotel staff was polite and friendly, these deficiences needed to be corrected and were not. You could have the friendliest and nicest staff in the world, but if safety is an issue, or room comfort (and that was $236 for one night !!) is lacking, I would never stay here again.
"Repeat stay, disappointing"
This is the only hotel I have stayed in in Providence, but was very disappointed this stay. The elevators were not working, which was inconvenient. No complementary coffee. No easy check out. Thought the hotel was over rated and over priced.
P
"Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms"
Clean, comfortable beds and friendly staff. A cab or shuttle ride away from downtown Providence. $5 for a day shuttle pass.
Alexa
The hotel is not in a great location. It doesn't offer much for the price. The rooms are small with parking lot views.
"Prov"
Clean place, but Housekeeping could be a little quicker with freshening up the rooms. a major con is the elevator to the lobby then to the rooms. How about put a key activated door to the parking elevator that goes to the room. Foods good but Thayer st is not far and full of good choices.
1 night trip May 11, 2015
You'll either have a highway view or water view. Either one is nice. Worth the price
1 night trip May 9, 2015
One night. OK if you don't mind traffic noise outside on Rt 195
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"NOISY-Very Bad"
No one at the hotel let us know that there would be a marathon being run outside of our room at 8:00 am on Sunday- very loud, could not sleep!!!!
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Aging in place!"
Hotel showing it's age... carpets worn, poor grouting in bathrooms etc. For price I expected better. Also there is nothing around it - no restaurants/stores or anything! Like they built the hotel in middle of nowhere and no other businesses followed. Have to drive or cab to do anything. Staff friendly, breakfast awesome! Harbor view is oil tanks and windmills... construction site all around... Freeway tight on back of building..
1 night trip May 2, 2015
allan
"comfortable room with a beautiful view"
easy checkin. clean room, comfortable mattress, beautiful view. accommodating staff
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Basics like refrigerator & microwave not available"
Not a good first impression because of issues with the room.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Jane
"What a dump. Stay in your car before you stay here"
From the unkempt staff...to the unsafe and dark parking lot.... run down lobby, elevator and finishes throughout. My room had the added bonus of wet footprints all over the rug, and highway noise that was so loud (and windows so badly in need of replacement) that I got zero sleep. Mattresses are old and lumpy and bedding looks like my dead grandma was their designer 80 years ago. The kitchen closes early so don't get in after 10pm and think there will be food available. I ate pretzels and peanuts left over from my 19 hour work and travel day. And forget trying to give them constructive criticism. On my way out they asked how my stay was. When I started to mention the highway noise I was rudely interrupted and told I should have demanded a different room. Ummm.. in another hotel?? I'm fairly certain switching sides of the building just gives you more of the same problem and the added benefit of packing all of your stuff and relocating. I wish I had stayed in my car.
Other trip May 1, 2015
amanda
I have stayed at this hotel over 10 years ago. Nothing changed the hotel needs desperately an upgrade it has a fantastic location great access to the major highways, facing a public park and Narraganset Bay. We stayed at room 619 the shower water pressure was bad and pluming poor. The Gano Group has a gold mine in their hands awake up people you have all conditions to create a great hotel in PVD.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
joe
"Beautiful view bayside!"
The staff was super friendly! The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the view bayside was beautiful!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Good hotel for my needs"
I've stayed here many times over the past 4 years. The hotel is adequate, but shows signs of aging. The AC in my room roared like a Mack truck, the sleep number bed couldn't be adjusted and the shower was hard to adjust. The staff, on the other hand was friendly and responsive, the room was very clean and the upgrade to the harbor view was very nice. Unfortunately, the hotel sits in the middle of a construction site that has been virtually unchanged for 4 years.
5 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Christine
"Modern, clean but noisy hotel"
Hotel is modern and clean. Very noisy. They need to retrofit their windows.
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
I particularly liked the free parking and the close proximity to the brown campus.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"nice hotel, close to Brown."
It was pleasant. Thew room was clean, the staff was nice, the gym was nice and the buffet was good.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
R
The room we initially booked was not cleaned when we arrived, though it had been marked that way in the hotel's computer system. Once we notified the woman working the front desk she immediately upgraded us to another room, including a jacuzzi tub, and called housekeeping to have them attend to the original room. We were quite happy with the service, our (second) room, and the brunch buffet. The location was convenient for getting downtown or onto the highway.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"excellent location"
The hotel is right off 95 overlooking the harbor but just a 5 minute ride to downtown Providence. it's away from the tumult but close enough to hop into town or Brown University easily. Was distressed to find out I could have gotten a senior discount and paid less had I booked directly with the hotel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Anita
"College visit"
Tv did not work. Not going to use it enough to warrant the inconvenience of calling maintenance.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"Horrible stay"
The hotel upgraded our room but the room they upgraded us to had no heat! When i went to front desk they told me they knew it had no heat!!!!!!!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
elizabeth
Room was clean staff friendly and helpful. Most days the shuttle was prompt.
"Nice hotel with great shuttle service."
Hotel was fine with very nice staff. WiFi was CNN free WiFi which was finicky and I finally gave up and waited until I was on the shuttle bus to the convention center to deal with emails. Good find.
Peg
"Reasonably price hotel for business trip"
Wonderful experience. Although airport shuttle only drops off at Omni, Wyndham sent their shuttle to pick me up there. Each day, shuttle brought me to wherever I had to go and picked me up on call.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Sandra
"Not near anything, and some inconsistencies."
Being over 1.5 miles away from the downtown area, I should have had lower expectations. The inexpensive shuttle service was great at times, but I didn't always have a 30 minute cushion on either side of when I needed to be somewhere, so I ended up late for a few things during my stay while waiting for the shuttle. All you can eat breakfast buffet for $12 would be a great deal, if my breakfast habits were of $12 gluttonous sort. The $3 cup of self-serve drip coffee, which would be complimentary at any other 3 star hotel, was off-putting. All the room doors are set to slam. Don't count on sleeping through it before midnight or after 5AM. On the map it looks like it's near the water. Don't be fooled, it's by a noisy highway.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Businessman
"Great location, long wait for shuttle."
Excessively long wait for the shuttle, but other than that, the facility was great.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Ho-hum"
the front desk staff try hard but: the voicemail light on the phone kept blinking, and went away for a while after I called to report it, but came back on each time (we did not use voicemail); the complementary coffee and tea were never replenished nor were the toiletries; the room keys worked inconsistently and required treks back to the front desk to be reset (three times over the course of a two-night stay). I was assured by the front desk that the taxi they called to take me to the airport would be metered; instead it was a "corporate" car that cost much more and was of poorer quality than the taxi we got on the way in.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Shilpa
"short stay to visit Brown University"
Convenient location (near Brown University). Clean room. Friendly staff. The breakfast buffet is a bit too pricy.
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Eduardo
"Nice hotel with excellent view of the harbor"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good in dining room was excellent. Sleep number bed was comfortable.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015