All hotels in Reno, Nevada, United States of America
345 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV, 89501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not Unless You Must"
The room was very dated and the wallpaper (!) was damaged in many places (stained, burned, lifting at the corners), the TV was an ancient console with few channels and network connectivity was spotty, there were no room amenities (like microwave, fridge or coffee-maker), the linens were thin and torn in places, the AC was very loud and the carpet (inside the room and in common areas) was really old and stained. The area around the hotel is really rowdy and dirty. I would NEVER go back to this place...
17 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Erin
"Stinky casino and not a great neighborhood."
A layover on a drive trip across the United States. Stopped because it was convenient. If the casino had been nicer, we would've done a bit of gambling and maybe eaten there, but it was disgusting and full of cigarette smoke. No way would I have spent any time in there at all. Standing in the line to register for 20 minutes (which was ridiculous in itself) gave me lung cancer. The pool was a joke for a casino.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
katherine
"Excelent"
It was very good.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
"Don't stAy!!"
Bell desk not at all helpful Carpeting thru out hotel was disgusting Best part was mel's
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
carol a
"Poor room service with a nasty carpet"
Price was excellent,size of the room great,however the carpet although in good condition was smelly and extremely dirty,it was not only mine but my daughter's room was the same,the pillows were smelly with sweat or in desperate need of washing,I am sure that once they pay attention to those issues,its good place to stay,it does not have to be new just clean,definitely will book again.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Daniel, H
"rooms need update"
Everything in the room looks old. We couldn't use the TV although we called the front desk for a working remote control, but still not working. The hallway have an unpleasant smell. Pillows are too soft, weren't comfortable. We stayed there from midnight to 8 am next morning.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Maxwell
"Ok"
Room was clean. The A/C was VERY noisy. Was difficult to sleep. Every time the A/C came on it roared to life. The ice maker was broke. Had to go to 7th floor for ice. That floor smelled so awful!!! Disgusting!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
2nd tier
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
R Bryson
Casino was good won good money :)
4 night trip Aug 15, 2015
"Comfortable bed, dumpy hotel, sketchy neighborhood"
This place is definitely a bit of a dive and needs to be renovated yesterday, and I had no desire to go for a walk in the neighborhood. But the sheets were clean and I was able to get a solid night of sleep, which is all I needed. Service was good.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
"Terrible Experience"
First walking in, I had no idea how to get to the front desk to check in and had to be directed by a patron. Checking in was smooth, but when we got to our room and settled in, we found bugs in our bed. When we went down to have make the staff aware, both the manager and security personnel acted as if they had dealt with this a hundred times. There were stains all over the floor and drunk people stumbling around everywhere. I've never stayed at a more disgusting hotel in my life. I never write negative reviews of things, but this needed to be shared.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
There were no washcloths in the room when we arrived, we called housekeeping to get some and the gentlemen was there ASAP with his hand out for a tip.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
"Smelly at Sands"
Very old casino with rooms a bit neglected, found some mold in the shower area. Also not a full complement of towels when we arrived.Non-smoking still smelled of smoke.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
jeffrey w.
"Not bad for the price"
Staff was courteous and accommodated my request to add an additional night to my reservation. Although the hotel is old and outdated it's clean and the rate was more than reasonable. The room was absolutely freezing but that was quickly solved once we turned the AC off. Not my first choice but I would stay again if necessary.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Dechelle
"BAD PARKING/ SMOKERS HOTEL/ UNCOMFORTABLE BED"
OMG! if you are not a DIE HARD SMOKER.....do not stay here.. I still have a sore throat - from the minute you walk in... till check out... UGGHHH - The caliber of the people staying here and walking around, were just above homeless. The lady at the reservation desk was very sweet (only good point) Room was disgusting.. didn't take shoes off to walk on carpet.. (unable to find another hotel or we would have left) OLD tv on a metal stand - my back STILL hurts from sleeping on terrible mattress - heard EVERYTHING in the hall - right next to elevator - something disgusting on the telephone cord.. never touched that. The toliet took 1/2 hour flushing to quit making noise... STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.. UNABLE TO FIND PARKING without circling two or three times, our vehicle too tall to fit in parking garage - Reservation Desk check in parking didn't exist - Didn't even try the pool as - a party going on - just wanted to swim without drunk people...
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"SO SO Rooms"
stay was just SO SO
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Dennis
"THE TRUTH...."
THE ROOMS ARE FORTY YEARS OUTDATED! THE CARPET WAS THE WORSE STAINED CARPET I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY. THE STAFF IS AWESOME THOUGH!
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Bad Choice"
Smokey right as we walked in, no valet parking, non smoking room had cigarette burns on the table, room service was extremely limited. Bad choice, the wife and I will find something a little more modern. It was like stepping back to the sixties!
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Dump!"
The place is falling apart. Needs a lot of maintenance. Room was not very clean. The staff was very nice, though.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Carpets were badly stained, mold in the shower, lamp barely secured to ceiling, out dated 19 inch tube TV with a horrible picture. Light switches where old and discolored. This hotel is desperate need of a renovation. Very disappointed with the condition.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2015
Georgina
"Horrible room, but decent hotel"
We got stuck in a room right near the elevators, so we had a noisy and not very restful night. Also, the shower didn't drain very well. Bed was comfortable enough and the room was fairly clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Matthew
"Not my favorite place to stay."
I try to avoid downtown Reno but I decided to give this place a shot. This is the last time I'll stay there though. Pros- Price, staff is fairly friendly, they try to keep the rooms clean, the mattress was decent. Cons- Parking is a hassle, the place is very dated, I hate the downtown area, very noisy in the rooms (trains go by every couple of hours and even on the 12th floor it sounded like it was in the room).
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"love the Sands"
We had a great time.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
ADAM
"Only once dissapointed"
The A/C was very loud and being a light sleeper, it woke me every time it turned on. The TV remote had broken pieces missing and the batteries held in with tape. The shower was not draining well and soon filled up with water while showering.The lamps on both sides of the bed needed some maintenance as the shades were leaning over and could not be set right. A little disappointed with the quality this time and I have stayed there many times before.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Leonel
"Nice Stay"
Very nice stay at this hotel. Enjoyed the spa,jacuzzi, suana, steam room and pool. Good location too.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
susan
"Franco"
Toilet leaked. Had to use our towels and was not able to get more. Not able to get iron board.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Marc
Pillows were terrible, but everything else was good.
3 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
AnthonyP
"Vacation"
Vacation was fun at the Sands
4 night trip Jul 27, 2015
1st room was horribly disgusting. Not only was it beyond dirty, there was a hike in the wall, mold in the bathroom ceiling that had just been painted over and the room mirror has been removed and used for snorting coke so many times we couldn't even count them all but like 20+ piles of razorblade lines. Luckily when we complained they switched us to a much cleaner room but the hallway smelled of mold and water damage strongly and the elevators were super janky and small. For a $170 room I expected much better quality!
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
We do not plan to use this hotel again, after staying there for the past three years for Hot August Nights. We left each day at 9:45 and returned around 9 in the evening. Imagine our surprise when we opened the door and our room had not been touched by housekeeping. It was taken care of after contacting management. The worst thing was the elevator to the parking garage. It would stay stuck on the 5th floor, and we had to walk up to get our car. This happened numerous times, and the Sands needs to spend the money to replace it. This hotel needs renovated, with a larger lobby.
8 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2015
Good
2 night trip Aug 4, 2015
Lawrence
I have stayed in this hotel for years! This visit was horrible I booked non smoking double queen was given smoking double full. room was old looking not enough towels in the bathroom. The air conditioning didn't work I was really disappointed with the place
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Tami
"Lame"
disapointing but we were going cheap so thats what we get
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
luke
The staff was wonderful. We had a few concerns at first but the staff had them corrected right away.
Sandra
Overall it was fine for the price. But the shower had almost no water pressure. It was more of a sprinkler. But I would and probably will stay there again.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"bad housekeeping"
Room was dirty. Looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in weeks and the bathroom was dirty as well. The maids do not know how to mop it would seem. I didnt expect fancy but it would have been more comfortable if it was at least clean. Never again.
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
I booked a non smoking room and was given a smoking room. I asked to be moved and was the next day but had to pay more for the room. Elevator smelled like puke and it was very loud, people screaming in the hall very late at night.
4 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Suzette
"The Sands Regency in Reno"
It served our purpose. Work was at the Reno Event Center,a short walk from hotel.Compared to other prices of hotels, raised high for Hot August Nights, the price was reasonable. The health club was GREAT!The carpets in the roons were filthy and we were in the "good, updated" tower.walking distance to good restaurants (except for the Mexican and Mels Diner, the hotel food was abysmal)So ptos and cons, your pick.
6 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Toby
"HORRIBLE! FILTHY! SLEEZY AREA! NOISY! GROSS!"
Reserved this hotel a Month early for Hot August Nights. SO WE WERE STUCK once we got there. If you want sleezy, dirty, nasty, noisy and gross, stay here! The first room the wonderful desk clerk gave us was not only disgustingly dirty, it shared the wall with the elevator which we heard all night. Called in the AM and got another room, this time 4 doors down from the elevator. A LITTLE less noise and the room was a LITTLE cleaner. The carpets are disgusting,blood stains in the hall, they never clean the floors. The casino is smoke filled and filthy. The area is as sleezy as the hotel! If you are looking for clean and nice DON'T stay here. If all the hotels weren't booked up, we would of gone somewhere else. The pictures are nothing like the Hotel at all. Do yourself a favor spend a little more and sleep in peace. WORST HOTEL EVER STAYED IN OUR LIVES!!!!!! GO SOMEPLACE ELSE LIKE THE PEPPERMILL OR HILTON! Oh and the doors are not secure at all. Being in that neighborhood they should at least put better locks.
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Walter
Rooms antiquated... Old TVs bathrooms could be updated. Bed not very comfortable.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
mike
need coffee pots in room (and coffee) more than one wash cloth Biggerbath towels.
3 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
Shirley G
"Lousy stay the Sands way"
this was the worst hotel stay we have ever had. The room was dirty, the staff was rude, our garage parking was givn away and we ended p aout on the street. We will never stay there again.
kim
the line to check in was too long. Rooms and place is looking aged but overall acceptable to for sleeping.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Irwin
"...the sands..."
...it was there when i really needed a place to stay and everything else was booked...
Eugene
they charged a dollar more than advertised. The lobby ambiance was dreadful!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"an ok stay"
Beds and pillows were very comfortable,good shower pressure and close to downtown. Carpets are filthy and room could use some repairs.
4 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Ed
"Reno trip 2015"
We love the room. The location is very convenient to shopping stores and more. The bed is very comfortable. The only bad thing is, no microwave in the room and no coffee maker. But overall, its satisfactory.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Never again for this hotel!"
We checked into our room and soon realized that the carpet had not been vacuumed at all, I also found someone's floss pick laying on the side of the bed. All of the mirrors were dirty, there was hair on the toilet and some type of yellow substance in the sink, the room also smelled terrible, it was apparent that although this was supposed to be a non-smoking room that someone had been smoking in it. I called and complained and they did move our room and upgraded us to a better room, however although the room did appear cleaner this room reeked of cigarette smoke and we are non-smokers.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
We stayed for 3 nights for Hot August Nights. The location was convenient for why we were there. The restaurants in the hotel are not very good. Our room was near the elevators so we heard it all night long. If you're wanting luxury this is not the place.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"great stay at the Sands"
all was good. Love the room style/ decor... the vintage/ retro feel and look. Very clean room
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015