All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1075 California St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Great room
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
"Bad concierge service, No spa appointments"
I reserved a stay at the Scarlet Huntington Hotel to unwind after a very stressful business trip to Oakland California. My wife and I paid full price for the room around and average of $367.00 and we received no Spa Treatment and no accommodating concierge service. The Spa was always booked, and the concierge tried to accommodate us with cheap brut champagne and water crackers which did not show up at first, but eventually went up to the room. They might as well have kept it.
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Enrique
"Fine Service in a Great Location"
We enjoyed our stay at the Scarlet Huntington from start to finish. The staff provided excellent service throughout. The Big 4 restaurant was our choice for the first night's dinner in San Francisco -- mostly for convenience -- but it proved to be very good. We also appreciated the fresh fruit and other breakfast items in generous portions in the mornings when we ate at the hotel. Room service, by the way, is also convenient and not delayed. We saw that some people criticized the change in styling in the rooms and in some public spaces such as the lobby. But the touch of flash and funk actually appealed to us and played a part in our saying yes to the Scarlet Huntington when booking our lodging. The one downside was that the visually enjoyable furniture is not as cushy if one wanted, say, to sit and watch a full movie. Another plus: The Nob Hill Spa, which provides the pool and other facilities for the hotel, has a very good staff of masseurs and masseuses. We like massages as part of our end-of-trip preparation for the return home and the resumption of our work schedules.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Otto
"One of the best SF hotels"
Perfect hotel, especially for events at Masonic right across the street. Hotel is spotless, tasteful, and the service was impeccable. The view from the suite pointing south towards the San Francisco hills was excellent and the room was huge. The towels were super soft, the bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2015
Jack
"Great boutique hotel"
Wonderful boutique hotel on top of a hill. Keep in mind that if you walk in SF, you will have to walk up a very steep hill every time you leave and come back to the hotel. Great staff. Beautiful rooms.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Jenna
"One of the Best!"
My wife & I had a 3 day stay in this lovely hotel & it's wonderful surroundings. My hats off to the entire staff for being so welcoming. That includes you Phil. We got to know everyone in a three day period which is 2nd to none. The bar & restaurant are top of the line. The California St. Cable Car stops & goes right by the hotel. Other domestic transportation is close at hand. There are so many nice little (& big) restaurants in the area. We enjoyed the nice walks in the morning for breakfast. We got to looking around & didn't make it home until late in the afternoon. Music on the streets, incredible food & impeccable service will be the reason I stay here my next time around. Thanks everyone!
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"It got the job done"
The idea was to have a quick get-away to celebrate our anniversary and the hotel was more than adequate.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Memo
AMAZING WILL DEF STAY AGAIN
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Incredible getaway!"
The hotel was gorgeous with a very spacious room and comfortable bed! The Big 4 restaurant was phenomenal!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"A little disappointing"
Staff was friendly and lobby was beautiful. There were a couple of disappointing issues. We were in SF for a Giants game and delighted to know there was a courtesy transportation service. We were told to be in the lobby a little before 4:00. We were that at 3:45 and told (with a shrug) that the van had just left. They were happy to call us a cab... The second issue was that regardless of where we set the thermostat cold air blew all night. It was freezing in the room and required sox and several layers of clothes to stay warm (In fairness, we did not call down to the desk with this issue because it was so late.). It was a crowded weekend in SF so the hotel prices were high. It's hard for me to say we got value for the price we paid.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Carolyn
What a wonderful stay! We were even upgraded to a larger room than requested.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nice Nob Hill hotel"
The hotel is a little full of itself, but then again it's on Nob Hill and named for one of the Big Four, so what can you expect. I really appreciated the staff. Service was superior. But the purple velvet couch with pink cushions in the lobby is a bit much. It's a hotel for the upper class, but a step down from the Fairmont
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
I was impressed by the updates to the Huntington since the Scarlet make over. Very comfortable suite.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Just right for a couple's get away"
The location is fantastic. They did a nice job on the refurbish but left the rooms a little under appointed. All staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Parking is a little pricey, but there are options. Being on the cable car route is a big plus.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"A great stay!"
The only things that weren't absolutely perfect were that the spa (including the pool) are for ages 16 and older, so our daughter couldn't go swimming, and only one elevator was working, but we loved this hotel and will be back.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Matthew
"You'll love it"
It is a fantastic hotel in an outstanding location. Walking distance to anywhere. Staff was sincerely proud of there establishment and many have been there forever. My only gripe was the outrageous valet parking fees ($50/ day) which are not optional. There is no parking anywhere available. Coming from Houston where practically all parking is free, this was a big surprise.
4 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Seth
"10"
We were visiting from Florida on our first trip together in some time. I wanted to surprise my wife with a wonderful hotel rather than the a more economical inn for one evening as we drove from Seattle to San Francisco down interstate 5. This was our first time in San Francisco. The experience was top rate from the bellhop James' advice on parking and his receptive attitude to a couple of out plain folk in a rented Toyotas Corolla. He advised how to save money on the parking by using the parking garage across the street. He had our car unpacked and let us look at the room. They gave me a suite as a I told the man at the front desk we were traveling our first time in San Francesco. He put us on the 12th floor over looking the bay. The room was immaculate, beautiful, high ceilings, bath robes and a large television. It was amazingly clean and you an tell they take pride in their hotel. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was tremendous. Top notch! Again, I recommend this hotel and it's well worth the price. I can't think of one detractor for this hotel. I suggest parking your car in the garage across the street next to the church as it is 37 dollars versus 50 and you have access to your car. Also, take cabs or use the bus!
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
JUst excellent. My second time and Maureen pleasantly upgraded me both times to a suite. The rooms are gorgeous and staff excellent.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Fantastic! Great room, great staff, and great location.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"great location and view"
really enjoyed the room and the staff. Everything was really first class
james
"Comfortable, clean, spacious room"
The hotel valet, front desk, housekeepers were helpful and friendly., calling us by our names by the first day. We had a beautiful view as our room overlooked a park and the bay at a distance. Cable car stop was right across the street, making the location of the hotel convenient. We had a very pleasant experience!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Lovely hotel on top of a hill"
Great hotel, the staff was very nice and helpful. We arrived way to early for check in so they kept our bags and then called us when our room was ready. The elevators were always available and fast, we felt like we were the only guests staying there. Our room was clean and comfortable, I loved that there were lots of towels and more than one floor mat in the bathroom. Although the location is a bit of a walk up and down a steep hill to get to Union Square and other attractions I felt it was a safe neighborhood.
kelli
"Amazing!"
Amazing stay at a beautifully renovated hotel!! The beds were absolutely so comfortable, service was impeccable! Our room was upgraded when we checked in and what a great surprise that was. Every single staff member encountered was friendly and courteous and appeared to genuinely love their job. Will definitely be coming back to this hotel!
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Emily
"Perfect vacation"
Wonderful hotel, close to the main attractions.the staff was very kind, friendly and efficient.the room was quiet, clean and confortable .
Other trip May 30, 2015
jean-claude
"Great hotel."
From the welcoming staff at the front desk to the lovely outdoor terrace at the spa, we loved this hotel. The location is great, concierges were very attentive and they even have a driver to take you places during the day! We will return to San Francisco and will definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 30, 2015
carrie
"San Francisco"
Great hotel, great location
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Okay"
Nothing negative, nothing out of the ordinary positive. Breakfast, which we didn't have was a la cart, and very expensive. Parking was a block away, and $38. View was was of Grace Cathedral. Uber to Golden Gate Bridge was $14, Uber to pier 7 was $7, so it was close enough to many things for our needs.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Gregory
"Nice Hotel!!!"
Really low key high end hotel!
4 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Shawn
"San Fran chic"
Enjoyed small upscale hotel on Knob Hill. Very helpful staff. Restaurant, Big Four was pricy but excellent food and wait staff.
Other trip May 26, 2015
J
"Free upgrade"
They gave us a very nice upgrade to a suite for a first time visitor. Friendly employees greeting and a checkin.
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Glenn
"Superb hotel on Nob Hill"
The Scarlet Huntington is elegant, well-located, with a refined restaurant/bar, excellent service from the staff.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Nob Hill"
Just an overnighter after 17 days at sea, and we wished we could have stayed longer here! Till next time..
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Nice bed, nice service, but unavailable amenities!"
booked this hotel because I wanted to go into the hot tub after a long day of wedding prep. I spent a lot of time and effort in choosing your hotel, with that being the selling point for me. I understand that that the hotel went out of their way to offer nearby gym facilities, but I wasn't looking for a gym :(. Even if the gym had a hot tub, that was not what I was looking for. I wanted to get in my cozy (awesome!) hotel robe and take the elevator down to the hot tub- not take a taxi or walk out of the hotel for a tub. Aside from the tub, I also wanted to lay out on your balcony! It looked so nice on the website! That Thursday was pretty disappointing! The front desk was aware of my displeasure but I did not ask for any refunds at that time because I was to get married the next morning, so I had enough on my plate! and didn't want to get aggravated over something that could be dealt with later. It made me very sad that the hotel offers common amenities to groups for a price. 2) I called the Scarlet Huntington main number, and spoke to a very nice gentleman. I told him that this hotel was to be out "night of getting married" hotel. He promised that there would be something special in the room (campaign? rose petals?- I didn't know!). There was nothing in the room that evening, which was a little disappointing. I never, thank goodness!, mentioned anything to the groom- so he wasn't disappointed. In the end, I was very disappointed with the hotel- which was magnified by
Other trip May 4, 2015
Tara
"Great hotel on top of the Hill"
I barely ever write reviews, but I felt inclined after our very pleasant stay at the Scarlet. The staff/amenities were fantastic. We loved the spa and restaurant. Our room was very spacious and had a good view of the city. Two Thumbs Up
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Location, Staff and space for the price."
I was immediately upgraded to a suite that was gorgeous
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Weekend in san fran!"
We came down from Seattle for three nights to hit up a few restaurants and see a show. First trip with a new baby, and the hotel desk staff gave us a corner room, which was great so we wouldn't keep others up if he cried a little. The view was overlooking the park, and we could hear the trolleys. The staff hailed us cabs, always greeted us warmly, everyone was great. Genuinly nice people! Being able to take turns using the steam room and sauna while the baby was napping was wonderful! Really nice hotel, loved the large size of the rooms and the coffee machine, although I brought my own k-cup pods cause I am a snob and love caffee darte! :)
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
caitlin
Courteous and friendly staff ensured a stress free and pleasant hotel stay
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
ren
"A wonderful stay"
Great location with amazing views. My room was huge, though the bathroom was a bit small. Be prepared to walk up and down hills. I loved the restaurant on site...pricey, but worth it.
4 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Very nice hotel on Nob Hill"
We were in town to attend my niece's wedding. Good restaurant in the hotel, but within walking distance of several other good restaurants, as well. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel is right on Nob Hill, and the cable car runs right by the hotel, so it's easy to get downtown, to Fisherman's Wharf, etc. The hotel isn't cheap, but considering it's on Nob Hill, right next door to the Mark Hopkins and the Fairmont, it's a good value. I would recommend it.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Sandy
"Beautiful hotel close to restaurants."
Beautiful clean suite. Very nice furniture. Love the gorgeous view of the city. Doormen very nice. Bellman not so. Check in person Art not very professional. Did not say hi, just left my keys on the counter and walked away. Another staff member asked if I was being helped, I told her yes by Art. Then I came to realize that he had left without telling me anything. Pool not kid friendly. No kids under 16 allowed in pool. The funny thing is my wife and I and my two kids went to check out the pool first, no staff approached us to let us know that kids weren't allowed. We then came back in our bathing suits and about 5 staff members were standing at the front door watching us walk by. Nobody had the courtesy to tell us anything. The kids and I went into the pool, 2 mins later they tell us we had to leave, no kids allowed. Great customer service Huntington.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Ethan H.
"Beautiful hotel in great location"
This was my first trip to San Francisco. My wife and I were celebrating our birthdays. I booked the hotel based on previous ratings and they did not let me down! the Scarlet is a beautiful hotel from top to bottom and located in a very nice part of town. The staff was great from the time we arrived at the front door to check out. The concierge helped with travel plans to get to Wrestlemania which were perfectly smooth and easy. They also gave us a recommendation on a wine tour which we really enjoyed. Next time we come to San Francisco we will be returning to the Scarlet Huntington!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Nick
Perfect pick! First time to San Francisco and this hotel was great. Great location and away from the business of Union Square. Nob Hill is the area to stay. Extremely clean and excellent service.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Great location in nob hill. Close to trolley to wharf. Enjoyed the stay immensely.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"First timers"
Suite furniture not real comfortable. Staff should explain transit system in detail.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Staff and hotel were of superior quality. Hotel was on trolley line and within walking distance to Union Square.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Another great visit"
We have stayed here a number of times and have always found the service impeccable. The location, of course, is superb. The new décor is a little strange and funky, but then the majority of our time in the room was spent sleeping or admiring the view - not looking at the décor.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
This hotel has a wonderful location and our room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Relaxing Getaway with Husband"
My husband and I had never been to San Francisco and we were looking for a relaxing retreat with great access to the sights in the city. Hotel location is great! We enjoyed the spa and also ate in the Restaurant. Nice wine selection and the food and service were great. Walking distance to the Wharf, Union Square, Restaurants and Shopping. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Agree with the other reviews that the hills getting to and from the Hotel are steep and definitely a work out so something to consider if walking up hills is not your thing. The rooms were very clean and the concierge was extremely helpful. Would recommend staying here for sure!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
waty
Overall great except that my internet service on my cellphone was weak inside the room. They were nice and changed my room but the signal got worse and I went back to the first room. They said T-mobile has a poor signal there but it was working fine outside the hotel.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
mara
"Fantastic"
We came for Chinese New Year and it was great! Great location, we were able to walk to Chinatown. The hotel staff was great and so helpful, especially Jarvis and Ulysses the Doormen. I will definitely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Suzanne
"Lovely boutique hotel"
Charming and comfortable hotel with excellent staff. Exceeded our expectations on every level. Looking forward to a return visit.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015