All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Good, not quite up to Marriot standards"
The hotel was not quite up to the usual Marriot standards. Room was newly carpeted and nice, but the bath could have used an upgrade as well. The lobby was being renovated, so it was very basic and sometimes noisy due to construction.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"family get together"
When we arrived at the hotel the parking garage was almost full and we had to park on the top floor. Check in was busy because it was the memorial day weekend. Our room had a beautiful view of the beach and the city and the night time view was so relaxing just to sit on the balcony and watch the weekend life below. The location was ideal. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Celebrating 40 Years of Marriage"
We were only there for one night but it was a wonderful hotel close to many shops, places to eat, the beach and we overlooked the zoo and had a gorgeous view from our balcony on the 26th floor. We were treated like royalty. Lovely accommodations and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Jo B
"Worst hotel ever"
The front desk was very rude and there was all kinds of extra cost that weren't in the payment of the website. Worst hotel experience ever.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Not courteous nor informative"
When we checked in and given our room number, the desk clerk never told us there were 2 towers. We had lots of heavy luggage because we were visiting your area before boarding our cruise ship for 7 days. When we got on the floor we were assigned, there was no such number. We called the front desk and were then told we were in the wrong tower and was told not very courteous. We went back to the front desk, and then was told how to get to the other tower......why weren't we told when we first checked in before carrying all the luggage.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
Ann
"Hawaii Vacations"
We love the Marriott location and view. We try to stay there whenever we can!!
5 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Poor Customer Relations at Check in !!!!"
Front desk staff was terrible. The worst that I have encountered in many years. They did not communicate important details and seemed very distinterested in helping. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone due to the unprofessional and rude staff. There are to many other hotels in which the front desk is helpful and informative.
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Nice hotel but expect to pay extra . . ."
The staff is fantastic from front desk to concierge to valet. Only drawback is that you pay a resort fee to use facilities, pay extra for wi-fi, extra for parking and we paid extra for breakfast buffet. Although I did hear that some people had breakfast included in their package. I'm not sure I would stay there again since there are so many hotels by the beach. I'm sure there are a few that include at least parking.
Magz
Nice hotel & nice people that work there... From the registration desk to the excursion desk. Also, had so much fun at San Sei restaurant and enjoyed the free coffee at Seatle's Best Coffee. I can't wait until all the construction is done. Thank you, Waikiki Marriott!
"Very nice."
It was very nice, very close to the beach. We stayed at 14th floor, great half ocean view. Room is very clean, mattress was a bit soft for me. We liked it very much over all.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Over prices and low too no service"
This was a nice hotel, before booking make sure to find out if the Hotel is under construction. You will have different staff members with bad attitudes but over all floor workers were very nice. I noticed they are very loving when you check in, but when you want something or checking out...bad attitude....
Albut
We had a good time at this hotel. The beach was across the street and there was plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Great hotel and great staff."
My experience at the Marriot Resort was great. Staff was super extra nice, my view from the hotel was speechless had a great ocean view. I can't wait to go back. I will defiantly stay at the Marriott again
"Close to the beach"
Overall, great hotel and close to the beach. However, they assess a lot of extra fees not included in the package. They even charge $32 a day to park in their garage.
"Waikiki Marriott"
For the accommodations, this hotel was so over priced I will never stay at another Marriott.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Watch out for the hidden room fee charges place the tax on those fees. They need to put some benches or chairs in the lobby, by the front desk. Also the need some seating by the concierge because they are extremely slow with there help. The elevator system is really strange. If you get on the elevator and someone out side the car presses the button to go up or down... Your elevator car won't move and the doors open again!
"Meh"
This hotel is badly in need of some updating. When we checked in, I had booked a king room, but I was assigned to a room with a queen bed, and the view was of a concrete pillar and a parking lot. I understand that's what I might get for a cheaper rate, but once I'm paying about $250 a night, I expect to see something a bit more pleasant than that. Thankfully when I called downstairs and complained about the room (something I have never done before), I was assigned a new one. This room was nicer, but the bathroom was old, and the hairdryer was on it's last leg. All in all, everything was fine, but I've stayed at nicer hotels for this price in Waikiki before and will not be returning to the Mariott.
3 night business trip May 17, 2015
I fully enjoyed my experience. I would definitely return!
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice hotel across the street from the beach"
There are some great deals right now, very likely bc there's so much construction everywhere in the US right now, including Honolulu. Once you're able to navigate your way through the hotel and neighborhood, it's a breeze - the hotel staff is nice and helpful, the hotel is clean, the beds comfortable and they upgraded our room. And most importantly - the beach was just a block away, across the street and it's pretty much centrally located, within walking distance to almost any restaurant. I already want to go back.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice rooms"
Nice rooms. Construction going on in lobby but never heard any noise. Like all hotels, they charge a $30/day "resort fee" which includes free access to breathing air (78% nitrogen 21% oxygen) unlimited elevator use, and artificial overhead lighting after sunset. As all hotels there do this scam, I'm not going to knock them any stars. The first hotel to just include it in the price of the room will make millions.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Rat
"Very Disappointing for a Marriot"
The pictures on Hotels.com are very misleading. This hotel is not on the beach but across the main strip in Waikiki beach which is a very busy road. If you pick Ocean View room ... you will not get an Ocean view at all ... you would have needed to pick Ocean Front for that. The hotel is very old and showing its age. The staff does keep it clean but that's about the only good thing I have to say about it. For what you pay its a very disappointing experience for Marriot and again ... not on the beach and doesn't have the resort feel to it.
7 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Bathrooms were small, no towel racks except for the one in the shower area. Could have had another tv in the living area.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Wifi"
They need to upgrade their wifi it is slow!! Be prepared to spend $30.00 a day in "resort fees"
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Great location for Gouging"
This hotel has a great location for Waikiki. However, they charge $32 to self-park (and the parking lot was full) and $39 for valet parking. Then, there is a $30 a day "resort fee" which entitles guests to coffee, DVD rentals and unbelievably loud and relentless heavy machinery noises. The property is under construction, which, along with these charges, was not disclosed prior to booking.
"Marriott Wakiki"
The restaurants were awesome! The only problems were no porters to help with luggage - I should clarify - there were porters but at no time did they ask if we need help. Not all the elevators worked and that caused over crowding. The room was very comfortable and we had a terrific view. I would stay there again but I hope they get the elevators fixed.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in the center of Waikiki"
Construction on the lobby floor of the hotel but was not very distracting on the 15th floor. overall experience of hotel staff (Taylor- front desk) and the hotel was excellent.
Ryan
Our cleaning lady stole one of our souvenirs. I was not happy . The hidden fees also did not make me happy. Staff could have been more helpful, Everything was super expensive and not high quality.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"This hotel surpassed our expectations. Fantastic."
Fantastic stay, the room was luxurious with a "partial sea view", this means you only get a 180 degree view of the sea, it was nothing but partial. Every morning and evening myself and my husband looked out onto the sunrise and sunset, it was beautiful. The staff has such a "can do" attitude we were amazed, not only were they fast they were also gracious and kind. Our fave part of the room was the Egyptian cotton sheets and the lush beds. Only downside was the bar was a little depressing at night and the restaurants were very pricy, but it is a hotel, we were expecting this. Great location if you want to do Hawaii without a car, we would go back.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Gabriel & Frann
"Great hotel, but be careful with conceirge"
My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights after a cruise tour of the islands. The hotel was fine, but when I went to the concierge to ask about Pearl Harbor, he up-sold me on a tour that we could have done a lot more efficiently and cheaper. Same was true when we went to rent a car with him. I don't know why he sent us to another hotel when it for a car, when it turned out Hertz had a car for us right in the hotel. Pool was great, and very attentive server at the pool.
3 night family trip May 16, 2015
All in all, a pleasant place to stay. The remodeling made it a bit loud at times (read VERY loud), but the hotel staff is one of the best I've expeienced. Friendly, helpful, pleasant. The conceirge didn't do as fabulous job as I hoped in booking our adventures. I felt she booked us the most expensive adventures---that were cheaper elsewhere--with the least "adventure" attached. The luau booked was costly and not at all as good as the last one we attended; the sunset cruise was over rated and over priced.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Unfortunately, the hotel was under construction during our stay. It was very noisy and a little outdated.
"4 day stay"
Easy to navigate around the hotel. Staff was friendly and gave great advice. One thing I don't like is getting hit with different miscellaneous fees throughout the visit(ie: parking, amenities, etc).
Matty ICE
Everything about our stay exceeded our expectations!! Thabk you.
"5 night stay"
I recently got back from Hawaii, and I stayed at the Marriott for 5 nights. Overall I thought it was good. I knew they were remodeling the lobby, but I didn't realize how loud it was. They only worked on it during the day, but if you wanted to relax or have some coffee in the lobby, the noise was unbearable. I still would give it 4 stars, even with the construction. We were out and about most of the days, so the construction only bothered us a few times, like when we got back and had to listen to the demolition noise walking to the elevators. As far as the staff, I wish they would of spent about of time just educating me what the resort fee (thirty) is all about. They should of hit the highlights, like free Wifi, free gym, etc. Not sure if other hotels charge this resort fee, but this something you need to consider when staying near Waikiki.
Enrique
"Great stay, great price and location"
Great location lobby was under construction however everything else was perfect. Hertz rentals on property so was easy to rent the car for one day. We stayed for two nights before leaving on a cruise. Buffet was top notch and wait staff Madonna was fabulous!
2 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Superb accomodations!"
Absolutely beautiful hotel! Definitely recommended!
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Hotel under a major renovation"
No place to park there parking garage was full. They had a make shift valet. The check in desk was in middle of hotel I think it was a temporary one also. Alot of noise when walking on property. No employee says good morning they all seemed unhappy.probably due to loud jack hammers busting up concrete. I tried the spa and it was located on a busy street during massage could hear outside people talking and cars honking. I am a Marriott rewards customer I usually love there hotels was very disappointed in EXPEDIA failing to tell me hotel was under renovation. Lastly I thought I reserved a ocean view room I got a partial view and was a total view of diamond head and a lot of junk on people's balcony. I dealt with trip and it was a good price but I would have liked to stay in a hotel that was really a 4 star this was a 2 star. I probably will not use expedia again they sold me on a bad hotel.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Sad Hotel
"Enjoyed my stay."
Room had a nice view of the beach and the city. Nice balcony. Bed was awesome. Staff are super helpful. Nice pool area. Good location. Only negative was that they were renovating the lobby and the sound of jackhammers was a bit annoying. Overall I had a good experience.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Nice hotel but no microwave in the room"
Pro: next to the beach and clean Con:Have to pay $30 for parking per day and the is also an extra $30 room fee per day that you have to pay...
Other trip May 16, 2015
sam
"Unfriendly and nasty"
Nasty hairs in bed and rude staff. They thought I wasn't a tourist and treated me like the inner city.
Other trip May 13, 2015
jason
Stayed over the past week. The hotel is under construction at the moment. Location was great, as all of Waikiki was a short walk. The restaurants on the 3rd floor were delicious and offered great views.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"29th floor and the elevators went out."
Everything went pretty well except our air conditioner didn't work very well especially in the evening. And the elevators went out when we are staying on the 29th floor.
Other trip May 11, 2015
honeymooners
"loved it"
Loved it here. Very nice and clean and the service was great!!
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Our first visit to Hawaii."
The hotel was very clean. The staff was very helpful and really nice. The rooms were kept really cleaned. If we asked for extra towels they were quick to give us anything we needed. The hotel really made our first trip to Hawaii very enjoyable.
Other trip May 7, 2015
Gloria
"Nice, comfortable room"
We had a short stop over in Honolulu so our family could see Pearl Harbor. We all felt this hotel was very comfortable and centrally located. One block and you are on the beach. A couple blocks another direction and you are at the zoo.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Tracey
Very nice hotel overall-excellent location right across from the beach and central to many restaurants and activities. The hotel was clean, comfortable, had all necessary amenities including two nice swimming pools and good restaurants. The staff were all friendly, helpful and very responsiv to anything that we needed. My only complaint with the experience is that there was major construction going on in the lobby that we were unaware of would be happening. This created a lot of loud noise at times, there was no lobby to use, and it made it harder getting around the downstairs of the building.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Erica
"Nice place close to beach and restaurants"
Bed and pillows too soft. But overall nice. Would have liked it better if in closer tower to beach.
Other trip May 4, 2015
kathy
"Good place to stay"
Even with the construction, this was a great place to stay. I usually stay on the other end of Waikiki, but never again. The view from the room was great, the valets were awesome and kept me in the right direcation at all times. The pool was great, across the street from the beach, and I was able to walk to the zoo, aquarium, and Diamond Head ( about a 45 min walk). Will definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great centralized location"
Had a great time at Marriott. Location was central to everything and the staff was friendly. Although the hotel wasn't on the beach, it had great views of the ocean.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Great stay, some construction issues."
Stay was very comfortable, only bad thing was that the lobby was being remodeled.
5 night family trip Apr 23, 2015