All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Decent vibe
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"poor valet service."
I would give a better rating for the staff but the valet person was very rude, yanked the door open swearing as he opened it. Jumped in while my wife was in the vehicle and started driving my car with out saying anything. One person made overall feel drop. But the hostess' are very friendly and helpful. Would stay again on another stay-cation
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
justin
"Nice hotel, nice staff, high hidden fees"
The Marriott is a nice, comfortable hotel, with a nice staff, but the extra fees were outrageous! $32 parking, per day, and they also charged tax! We were also charged an extra $30 per day fee for entertainment, for this we got one free drink, a coffee a day, 10 minute massage, and dvd rental. This is an extra $400+ a week that you weren't planning on, this was a shock and disappointment.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Overnight Getaway..."
Loved It! Everyone was friendly, helpful & knowledgable! Room was Clean & the Bed was comfortable! Will definitely stay there again!
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
I was very happy until I turned the bathroom light on and saw a roach - I watched it go into vent over tub. I told room clerks and desk but no one seemed too concerned.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Wanda
"Wakiki trip"
The hotel was right across from Waikiki beach and restaurants were in walking distance. The hotel was helpful making arrangements for activities. This was a great place to vacation.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"falls short"
Hotels is fine,but they gave us a room with queen bed when a king was booked. Little bit of a bait and switch. We booked well in advance. So with that and the noise, missing coffe cups, sugar, etc., we think there are better places to stay in Waikiki.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2015
"Average Hotel for Waikiki"
Room was average could be updated. Nice view of Diamond Head. Room was very noisy at 21st floor. Concierge Woman was very Rude. I won't stay there again. I've stayed at much nicer Marriotts. Manila and Hong Kong much better properties and nicer staff.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
Well Traveled
"Wakiki trip"
The hotel was spectacular and is right across from the beach.
4 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2015
"Waikiki vacation."
Great location, but the carpet in the room had a hugh ripple (trip hazard). You should not find this in a four star hotel.
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Cheri
"Perfect place to stay."
The Marriott Waikiki was everything I needed for a relaxing vacation. Service was friendly and professional and the hotel is in an ideal location. Would definitely choose this hotel again.
5 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Irene
Great location across street from beach, clean and roomy, friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Pam
"Not accomodating"
I felt like I was nickled and dimes for everything. They made my whole experience horrible. I would never stay there again. Every single thing was an extra charge. If you wanted a queen bed it was extra if you wanted to stay an extra hour it was extra if you wanted to park there it was an outrageous amount. And it was not even a 3 star hotel. Horrible.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"not worth rate vs comfort. close to beach-ok"
This hotel really needs improvement. Based on its rate per night like 204/nt, plus resort fee $30/day, plus parking. I think it is a rip off. Why charge so much when it does not even have microwaves in rooms, the pool is so small having tiny space to swim for the 5 ft and no pool for kids. This hotel carries the name of Marriott which must have class and elegance- but eh, no- not this hotel. My fam has always been a Marriott fan- but not on this hotel. Sorry, 'need to be honest. please renovate this hotel and then let your patrons be loyal and then charge them the worth of their money.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Editha
"Wonderful Waikiki"
This was our first trip to Hawaii and we chose this hotel based in the location. We chose right! The 2 towers connect and you are right across the street from the beach. We did so much during the day that we actually chose to dine in a few times. Service was excellent. Room service food was beautifully prepared and delivered swiftly! We used the fitness center..clean and well equipped. Car rental right on property. You can't go wrong staying here.
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Victoria
"hawaii hotel"
very nice spot
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
"Best R&R in Waikiki"
I was there for three days for R&R getaway. Found the hotel is in a Great location just across the street from Waikiki Beach. Walking distance to all the famous shops and restaurants. Nice Aveda Spa, don't miss the Hot Stone Lomi Lomi Message treatment! The hotel itself has some great restaurants too, such as Arancino do Mare for great Italian breakfast crepes and DK Steakhouse for mouthwatering steaks. It was very convenient to have high quality restaurants and services in the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2015
Deborah
Nice hotel with lovely employees. Air conditioning went out last night in town and it was hot and muggy! Best iced tea at Mona Terrace and Fabulous dinner at Aranncia
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
jenny
good
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
VONCILE D.
Air conditioning went out and sleep in extreme humidity. Elevators were slow. Always a line. had to leave numerous time because room was not made until 330p. Best thing close to beach
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
JG
"5 star"
Loved it
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
james
Hotel staff was very helpful. The hotel was well maintained at all times. Great location across the street from the beach and close to shopping.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Bernie
"Very good"
The front desk excellent service, room service excellent, cleanliness they do not change your sheets until the Four day we were there. The Concerge was rude and she was demanded.
5 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Unwilling to compensate Guest"
What was supposed to be a very happy time...was any thing but! Room not ready upon check in, so I was downgraded instead of upgrade. Bugs in room. My Daughter & I woke up with horrible bites all over! Lost more than two days of our trip to non-sense on there end. Lost irreplaceable time that was supposed to be enjoyed, along with an agenda that I was unable to complete! Uncaring to our inconvenience and added EXPENSES!!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
STRESSED OUT!
"Great for overnight stay"
We were there overnight at end of cruise. Was upgraded to partial ocean view and also gave us connecting rooms. Great location, and used the hospitality room prior to our departure. That room could use a little upgrade but overall, was okay
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Sandra
First time there it was a pretty good stay I wish the beach was closer
3 night trip Aug 17, 2015
Julio
"Door key problems"
The main thing was every time we left and came back the door card(key) would not work. I would have to go down to lobby and get the key fixed. This happened every time. They said they were having problems with the keys, I suggest they get it fixed.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Very nice staff . Great job in check in. We were disappointed that the hotel through hotels .com is listed as a beach front hotel, it is not, it is across the street . Also the pools are small .
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Late room service."
The room service made room rather late after 3pm.
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
khanh
"Over night stay."
I just needed a room for the night for an early flight out of Honolulu airport. I was given an upgraded room upon arrival which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel facilities that I used were excellent although limited due to the short length of my stay. The room was well appointed and the bed quite comfortable.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Hawaiian Vacation 2015"
From check in to check out, everyone we encountered at this hotel was fantastic! Wonderful view! Great location! Outstanding concierge service!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
PAULINE
"Do not get the towers with a partial view. NOISY"
Our room was extremely noisy all night long and all day long.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great location, great property."
The grounds were nice. The room great. Parking recommendation was poor. Total disclosure of room rate poor.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
JP
Room was next to the elevator and you could hear the elevator every time it passed our floor.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
the staff was courteous and friendly from the moment we arrived till our departure
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
The hotel was under construction in the lobby area. It was a little confusing as to where to check in. It was like going in the back door of the hotel (where the airport shuttle droped us off). There was no one to greet you to take your luggage. Instead we had to hunt down a Bell person to take our luggage. The rooms were okay and clean but nothing spectacular. We had to call several times to get more towels and get our luggage when we got there and when we left there for the airport. My husband and I like to golf but the Hawaiian Princess golf course was not in good shape. Especially for the price we paid for this course. They did not take care of the grounds. However, the EWA Golf course was very nice and challenging. The tours that is offered through the concierge at this hotel is very pricey and they all overlap each tour (Oahu Island tour/Pearl Harbor tour/Diamond Head/and the North Shore tour). We thought the Red Line Trolley Tour was good. However, our overall experience with this hotel was okay but not the best.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Travelers
Went here for our honeymoon. Great location, and great staff.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Don't believe the pictures..."
It's a roadside motel - not a hotel. Really run down, poor quality property. Staff does what they can, and for the money it's not a bad a value but the picture make it look so much better than its true condition. Avoid.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Kirk
"Noisy and over rates"
Terrible....noisy! Check in was terrible and seems confused. Room was ready but housekeeping did not inform front desk.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Marriott"
The hotel is under renovation. the areas that opened up during my stay turned out nice. Some areas still under work which causes some areas to be avoided. Overall a good hotel. I would stay again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Jack
"Trip of lifetime!"
The best spot and amenities!
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
I stayed at this Waikiki Beach hotel on my first Hawaii visit in September 2014. Returned to Hawaii in July 2015 and booked again. And chances are, if we come back again to Waikiki, we will stay at the same hotel. All the amenities needed, clean, polite and helpful staff. Most tours (e.g. snorkeling, Pearl Harbor; Luau; Hanauma Bay etc.) will stop and pick up guests at this hotel. The concierge staff helped us book all the attractions we could fit in our schedule at the last minute back in September 2014. In July 2015 we observed the same helpful people working late at night helping other customers. For the early risers, there is an established coffee place in the lobby.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
BC
"Waikiki Beach Marriot hotel"
I booked for a junior suite ocean view but was not ready since we came an hour early for check in time so was told that had to wait for an hour. Came back after an hour and still the room not ready but instead they have a room in same category. When we get to the room, it's surrounded by buildings and a little bit of ocean view so I complained. They said that's a junior suite with ocean view and I argue. They insist that to get an ocean view,I need to pay extra which I did(regretfully). It's my first time to Hawaii and I want to get the best view that I can. After paying extra they gave me this room with superb view of ocean. I wonder if Hotel.com is aware of this hotels practice or are you giving the right description on your website?
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
YOLANDA
"1 day Transit Stay in Aug 2015"
Guest services were very accommodating. Was on transit but they did their best to make it easy.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
PRANAY
Front desk staff appear jaded with visitor
4 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Good Balance of Value and Location"
Nice location. Waikiki Beach is right across the street. Large hotel complex with plenty of amenities. Walk to the zoo. Plenty of shopping with high-end stores. A large portion of the first floor was under construction with board walls all around which really detracted from the ambiance and overall experience; it felt like a construction site. However, it does appear once the renovation is complete (you can see the renovations from the 2nd and 3rd floor walkways) it will be nice. Front desk area seemed rather plain; not well decorated and not what I normally see in Marriott front desk lobby areas. I was very disappointed with the lack of tables and chairs in any of the lobby areas; there was really no place to sit down with a paper and coffee in the morning. Again, maybe the renovated area will have tables and chairs once that large area is completed. The rooms were nice. Hallways OK. Elevators were very responsive even with the 25+ floors. We were not really pleased with the mandatory additional $30 "resort fee." We only one free breakfast (which was really outstanding) each morning and one free Seattle coffee each morning; I'm not sure what else we got for the $30. If you pay for additional breakfasts it will set you back $28, as I recall. Also beware if you park at the hotel, as with many hotels on Waikiki I'm sure, daily parking is $32. All-in-all, we'd consider staying at this hotel again if the renovation is complete.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
The location was good-just a short walk across the street to the beach. The rooms were ok--the bath curtains had a mild mildew odor. The beds were very comfortable! They moved the breakfast restaurant to a different tower in the morning, which was confusing.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Glenn
"Excellent hotel"
The hotel is under construction. The service is excellent . Be aware that they charge you usd30 as resort fee to be paid there.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
ursula
"Great View"
Close too everything. renovations were being done which took a little away from the appearance, but they gave me a room farther away from that area so I wouldn't be bothered by the noise. It was a nice stay. Beautiful view.
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Jeffrey
"Great Hotel and Locale - The sounds of the City"
Funny how the "Marriott property" always has some sort of construction going on when I stay. First time at Waikiki Marriott and there was courtyard construction occurring. Nothing like the sound of cutting tile as you walk through the lobby. Sounds of a bustling City locale - that's the theme here. You will get street noise in the rooms. The hotel is situated on gorgeous Waikiki beach, so there are high rise hotels on two sides. Sounds echo up into rooms, so expect the noise level to be a little higher. This is not the quiet tropical retreat locale, but a City getaway with a beautiful beach! The rooms are familiar and comfortable - no exceptions here. The hotel has all the amenities and stores you would want very close by.
6 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Johnny
"be mindful of all the fees"
This is a nice location in Waikiki, easy check in/out. Professional staff. There is construction going on in the lobby. The hotel was a hotel, quality of service, amenities, location all good. My only dislike was the quoted rate and what I actually paid. After all the fees etc. it almost doubled the quoted price. Hawaii is expensive but this felt like a bait and switch when all was said and done. We stayed at other hotels on Waikiki and have not encountered this issue.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015