All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
65 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON, M5B2G8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
"We'll be returning"
Loved the hotel! Rooms were very compact but didn't feel cramped; space was very well utilized. Needs were comfortable but a little short for my 6'nephew. $20 per day parking wasn't that expensive given the area but it was a bit of a hassle to use at times. In/out privileges were very beneficial for our purposes however.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Super clean and simple Hotel in city center"
This Hotel is very different, mostly in a good way. As long as you're not going for the upscale Bloor Street vibe, this location is amazing for the price. You are smack in the middle of Toronto with almost everything you want to see within a few blocks. We booked two rooms. They were both immaculate and my wife loved the idea of hardwood floors instead of the same old grungy carpet. The Hotel is VERY European in the way of the "green" thing, and the rooms are relatively small...but that's what makes it so different. It was extremely cool to be in downtown Toronto in a super clean room with no frills. In reality, anything you could want in the way of food, entertainment and shopping was literally within 100 yards of the front door. There was a catch though, when we checked in they demanded a "security deposit" of $300!!! for the two rooms. When I challenged the amount I had a condescending desk manager give me a lot of pushback. At the end of the conversation they took care of me but it really put a damper on the check in. That being said, the restaurant was simple and pretty good, but what you would expect as far as price. Parking was across the street and actually very fair for Downtown Toronto. This is the absolute best Hotel for anyone on a budget who just needs a clean place to sleep after walking around the city. We will definitively come back...(and we'll bring an extra $300 for security deposit!)
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Jon
The location of the hotel is perfect for those plan to travel with public transportation since it is only about 2 mins to sundae station eaton centre. It was a really good place with excellent service .
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"great downtown location!"
in the heart of d.twn toronto & easy walking to everything. room super clean & staff very helpful & kind. rooms very quiet. only negative was the super cold AC next to the bed (double bed room), but not a huge problem. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to toronto.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
robin
Friendly staff, ideal location, great value.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Omar
"Super (mostly) except for internet"
It was annoying to have to pay extra for internet service in this day and age (which then didn't work very well). Otherwise a nice hotel providing a clean, attractive modern room right in the middle of the city at the "Times Square of Toronto."A great place to stay for our families' first ever exploration of Toronto. Walking distance to many points of interest and ready access to streetcar lines.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Pretty decent."
Was promised a tub and ended up with a shower. Although the shower was very luxurious looking we were looking forward to a relaxing bubble bath. Only complaint other than parking was hard to find.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Ashley
loved the minimalist design... especially the use of opaque glass dividers instead of walls in the bathroom
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice hotel in Toronto"
We liked the hotel, liked its location, and thought the price was reasonable. Parking for the hotel was across the street. We arrived after 11:00 PM a couple of nights at the parking garage. There were issues getting into the parking garage even though we dialed the appropriate number. Thankfully, both those nights there were cars leaving the garage which allowed us to enter the garage. Also, leaving every day was somewhat of a hassle because the parking attendant had issues finding our blue slip of paper which included our car information.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Judith
"Second stay at Bond Place."
This is our second stay at this hotel. The renovations are huge improvement. It's truly in a great location. Close to several attractions in the heart of the city. Clean, no frills room. Rooms are a bit small, which is typical of hotels in major metropolitan areas. Staff was helpful and courteous.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Crystal
Check in was early and we were lucky a room was available. Parking was in an underground lot across the street which was inconvenient, but ok. The stairwell in the parking ramp was not pleasant (dirty). Room was clean and modern. A bit small, but ok. Furniture was on cheap side. The toilet was constantly running and we complained about it. We were told it would get fixed, but it did not. It was annoying at nighttime though. Breakfast was included, but it wasn't very good. Overall though, it was a nice stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Small and pretty yet functional"
I had a (1 Double and 2 Twin) room and it was small but they put a lot of effort into making the most out of the space so you have a place for all your things and not tripping on your luggage. It smells like a pool even though they don't have one which was kind of like waking up to the smell of cinnamon buns only to find out it's just a candle your roommate lit. I knew beforehand that there was no pool, but after smelling it I wanted to go swimming and obviously couldn't :c The staff is nice and pretty helpful, there's actually a person who is just in charge of looking up directions, finding attractions you'd like, and suggesting restaurants, and nothing else. She was a busy bee. There is a restaurant/juice place that is attached to the hotel which is small but yummy and has very personable staff.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Bella
"Great location in the heart of a major city"
You will experience some street noise, but that is to be expected in a major city. Rooms are small but well-priced for the location and they have everything you need. The whole city of Toronto is right outside the hotel-- if you can't walk to where you want to go, the subway is 2 blocks from the hotel.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Timing is everything."
Hotel was a 3, nothing special and nothing horrible. Hotel is located in what I would call Toronto's "Times Square". Lots of theaters, neon, retail, bums and crazies. Our 2 nights there the hotel was rockIng. First night there was a Caribbean festival down the street and second night there was a Drake concert in town. Hotel was chaos both nights, but I would probably attribute that to bad timing.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Frederick
"its ok."
It was cool. Rooms are extremely small. Wifi is not included. Air conditioning is blocked by one of the beds in the double rooms.
4 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
Parking is $19 across the street in the hotel parking garage. easy walk to city hall, old town or lake shore. Nice staying experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"City hotel works for one night"
Served our need for one nights stay and we could return.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
tom
"Nice hotel - hate to pay for parking!"
Nice hotel,the staff made the difference. Parking was a bit of a problem, as I was not given a pin number to get back into it to get my car. We could get breakfast in lobby, but would like to see at least coffee and light breakfast included in room. Also, I hate to pay for parking
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great location, great staff, small rooms"
It is clear the building is very old, but it seems that recent renovations have allowed management to modernize in order to meet the needs of those individuals who want to stay in Younge-Dundas Square. Check in was nice, as there were minimal lines, and the check in process was fast. We were able to obtain a room within 5 minutes of service.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Jeremy
"Get what you pay for"
The rooms are very small - not at all what you might expect. Just enough room for the bed and bathroom really, and a mini-fridge. I had a business-queen room, which is actually a step up from the basic room, and it was still pretty small. The room was clean but not impressive. Rice paper lamp shades had water stains on them and needed to be replaced, and the toilet paper dispenser in the room was broken - obviously the room was reserved for Hotel.com customers as is typical when you use a discount website. The elevators needed a good cleaning and the parking garage was filthy, but the parking rate was cheaper here than anywhere else I looked, so I guess you get what you pay for. The staff (especially Joyce) was very friendly and helpful, but I expect a little more from a hotel than what I got at Bond Place.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2015
Leo
"Very nice and clean"
It was nicer than expected. Better than most chains.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
It was for a bachelorette party the staff was helpful in telling us the hottest places in town. Everything was walkable in comfortable shoes.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
jennifer
Great room for the price. No king size beds available. Would have liked more room. Great location.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Josephine
"The Perfect Trip"
Loved the place. In the heart of the City. Went on tour buses, Subways,streetcars, seen musical, lake boat ride, museums, castle, Dunee Square, New Kensington Square, Little Italy... and so much more to do. Need to go back. Hotel room was small but perfect clean, beds soft and relaxing, hotel breakfast and service outstanding. Paid Parking across street in underground garage easy accessable. Cost us $58 for week US Money We stayed five days will do again , same place. Paid ahead thru Hotel.com..everything was exactly what they said will use them again. This was in the middle of the PanAm Games with visitors from a every country. Never had no problems going anywhere. Police very helpful for directions. It is a clean & safe New York!
4 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Albert
"Enjoyable stay"
Really enjoyed my stay at the Bond Hotel. The room was clean the staff was great, really polite and friendly.
3 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
CYNTHIA
"Walking distance to Toronto sites!"
Great events at the Historical Brewery District, Parks, and Dundas Square. Learned that I did not need to use the subway to reach major attractions. Great location for foodies: Imperial Pub and Senator restaurants are within a block. Also a great place to stay if you are attending the theater, Love the city and plan on returning to finish up my "want to see" list.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Fantastic location!"
. Love Toronto, and this hotel is in a great location.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Perfect location"
A quick get a way from Ohio- room was small but very clean and comfortable! The staff were VERY gracious. The only issue I had was the $250.00 incidental fee that was actually charged to my credit card. Five days later still waiting on the credit.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Tammy
"Great hotel ACROSS from eaton centre"
Absolutely loved the staff at this hotel. Since the time I called to confirm a few details to the time I left I had nothing but good things to say. The price of the hotel was a bit much for 2 nights but that's a standard price for downtown Toronto ESPECIALLY since we were literally right across from the eaton centre! The pictures are not like the hotel (the pictures make it seem a bit more glamorous than it actually is) but overall it was a nice hotel. Very clean, the maids were great, we were never denied services needed (extra towels). I would definitely recommend staying here and I will definitely stay at the bond place hotel again. The only thing I didn't like was the extra internet service charge; parking charge and the bathroom doors(sliding door I felt like I didn't have much privacy) everything else about the hotel was GREAT!
2 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Katlyn
"Great location!"
Verte enjoyable. Courteous front desk. I was pleasantly surprised when the teller spoke Spanish!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Good location for family"
The room served its purpose for family of four staying at a good, central location. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room for 4 was very tight with no seating area. It's ok if you are coming and going but you should ask more about the room you are getting as I suspect there is some variation.
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Nader
"Small hotel with even smaller charm"
Hotel was very small and staff was rather unpleasant. Lights in the room would not work. Bathroom did not have a real door. Wifi was expensive and had a terrible connection. Location was okay...if you don't mind homeless people everywhere.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Patrick
"Disaster"
Truthfully one of the worst Hotels I have ever stayed in. Website does not tell you that this property is under new management. Wifi is not free. Housekeeping is non existent. Do not be fooled by the slick website and pictures.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Travelled
"Anniversary Trip!"
Anniversary Trip, had a blast and they upgraded our room once they found out it was our anniversary... Most def would stay again! Very Clean and great spot to shop not to far from mall easy to carry bags back to hotel.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Aaron
That girl at desk on June 30th 4 pm sucked I end up having to rent another room so 3 rooms with 8 beds all together n 4 of us?
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2015
"Good location to walk around Toronto."
Enjoyed our stay. Great location. Bars and eats are all close.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
C and R
"Dirty European Hostel"
Great area. The room was tiny but adequate. The bed horribly uncomfortable. Like sleeping in a cake pan. There were numerous hairs in the bathroom left behind. Second day I accidentally pulled the sheets off the bed after the first night and revealed one of the worlds must disgusting mattresses. I took a series of pics and complained to the front desk. There were multiple blood stains, a very large urine stain at the head of the bed and spilled lube visible. The mattress also had a mass of hair that was not mine. I explained to the front desk what my requirements were for cleaning up the situation. I cleaned rooms for Marriott in college, I know the gig. When I returned a few hours later they had done a regular bed making, none of the mattress issues had been addressed. . I love Toronto, but will never ever stay in this dump again. I have an unnatural fear of sleeping on other peoples blood and urine and...????
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
L CHRISTOPHER
Front desk staff was NOT the friendliest, with the exception of the Intern who was quiet friendly and efficient. Although the clerk (not the Intern) noticed me (I was the only one approaching the front counter) she didn't greet me until I physically reached the desk, and the greeting at that point was very lackluster. The check in process was efficient, the lobby clean (with the exception of small pieces of litter, which I'm sure was left by a guest), the room was clean and comfortable, the concierge was very friendly and helpful, HOWEVER coming from a background in customer service (greeting, friendliness etc), I can't seem to get past the mediocre customer service at check in. Checkout was quick and the clerk was very helpful and friendly, even very willingly arranged a cab for me.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Kesha
"Great hotel for Toronto trip"
I had stayed here in 2009 and it was an OK hotel. Going back in 2015 to Toronto, very happy with overall upgrades made in 2011. Excellent room stay for 4 days
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Ryan
Clean safe centrally located near Metro...rooms small.....
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Average hotel"
The room was nice and clean, but the garbage bin was not cleaned out for 3 days and the lobby floors were dirty most days. Finally the bathroom has a sliding door, so it doesn't "close". Overall not a bad stay.
4 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
"Very cheap and not worth the price"
Everything there is cheap and they skimp on details. It wasn't much less expensive that significantly nicer hotels in the area. Towels are thin and tiny, sheets are cheap and uncomfortable (one of the beds didn't even have a bottom sheet), there wasn't a real door on the bathroom and the coffee maker, alarm clock and other appliances in the room were broken. The only bright spot was the staff. They are extremely nice and accommodating but don't have a lot of amenities to work with. My advice is to shell out a little more for one of the nicer hotels in the area. The Bond Place Hotel photos on the website are deceptive--rooms are much smaller and shabbier than they look in the pictures.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Kathleen
"Small, clean, and modern"
Short and sweet. One night, one person, in a good small clean room.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Marty
"Never. Not ever. Never."
Nightmare. No really, a nightmare. I have no idea how people are writing good reviews. While I was there for a few nights there were: 2 fights in the hotel lobby (one of which the cops had to come break-up), my first room was so loud from being on one of the main streets, and also the last guests' food was left in the fridge from a while ago because the whole room smelled. When I called to ask about being moved and the reasons why, the person at Reception kept harumphing (I wasn't overly angry, I was truly just asking for a new solution) and so I asked if I was doing something wrong and she groaned and said "no, it's fine, I just don't know what you expect me to do on this short notice." ???? And when I asked about the wireless (which is expensive to pay for) and why it wasn't working, she said "there's nothing I can do about that but I can give you the number of the Internet company and you can call them yourself." ????!?!? So, that's how my stay was.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice find"
Great location right of Yonge and there are good spots for a beer or light food. Easy access to Metro right next door and the tram goes right in front of the lobby. Outstanding service there but there were a few pet peeves for including a non-working coffee pot, hair dryer and no free wifi. However I loved the place even still!!
5 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Prime spot location"
It's a perfect spot right in the middle of downtown Toronto. You have the Eaton Centre in walking distance, tons of great restaurants, and the subway to venture off to the CN tower or Rogers Center
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Great location. Very nice hotel."
The staff was great. They really made you feel comfortable. Hotel location was also great, next to busy Yonge-Dundas square. Easy access to restaurants, shops, and transportation. Can't complain.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Andre
"Good to recommend to friends"
Room samll but we knew it in advance. It's not a complaint because of its location and reasonable price. A detail to look: we were two people but the coffee service always had only One coffee bag. Had to ask for more, we got the bags delivered within minutes. It would be nice to either have thrown rugs or provide clippers as floor was bare/cold.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Khiem
"Hotel in the heart of downtown"
Clean but stained towels Only 1 computer working in the lobby and no signage for time limit Free wifi not available for guests at the lobby; should consider as hotel is more for business and leisure and located downtown Parking is $19 a night ( too pricey for a guest) in a garage a cross the street which made it difficult to load/ unload luggage, but was safe and secure
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Close to subway station and streetcar route"
When chosing this hotel, I liked the convenience of being so close to Dundas Station, and the 505 Streetcar runs right outside. There are many restaurants within walking distance, plus the foodcourt at Eaton Mall has a lot from which to chose. There is street noise, but that is to be expected with any big city. Having a refrigerator in the room is a necessity in our family, so that was great. It also has a coffee maker in the room. The wi-fi costs extra, but it was very reliable. The water pressure was great, and the room was clean.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015