All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here515 W 42nd St, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very close to many attractions"
Overall it was very good. I would recommend it to everyone who is planning a trip to New York
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
albert
"It was good..."
Found hotel easily, lobby was nice, staff wasn't very friendly, room was clean and just what we needed. The website said no parking but there appeared to be a parking garage attached which would have been nice to know bc we parked a block away.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Barb
"Family wedding in NYC"
We traveled to NYC for a family wedding. The Travel Inn was very conveniently located to the church and reception. It is also only a few city blocks from Times Square, the subway and other NY attractions. I especially like the security and convenience of the parking garage. The one comment that I would make is that they should find a less powerful cleaner for use in the elevator. It was nice that the elevator was so clean--but the chemical used was a bit overwhelming. I would recommend the hotel to others.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Jackie
Great location, great deli next door, friendly staff. Good deal for the price.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Great time!"
Always looked and smelled clean. Desk helpful. Just enough out of main stream. Comfortable.
3 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
Cristy
"Happy Camper"
I have stayed at this hotel several times. Each time was great. I was disappointed to pay for parking in addition to the room charge. This past week we stayed at this hotel, the manager gave us an up grade from a room to a suite; that was the best! Thank you!
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Great room and location..needed more amenities for the price.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Great stay! Great location!"
We stayed for a family vacation for two nights in December. We arrived at the garage door and was greeted within minutes. We went inside to check in and was told we were going to receive an updated room and within minutes we parked and were in our room. The room was very nicely updated. We were on the street side which was pretty loud at night. Overall, our stay was great only thing was no free wi-fi.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Carla
"enjoyable stay in NYC"
The beds were uncomfortable but clean room with fridge and microwave. Staff was amazing we checked out but were able to leave the car parked in the garage free they said til 3 we lost track of time and got back at 5 but they did not charge us. There is a breakfast diner next door which was convient, delicious and cheap. They also serve lunch if you want to head back to the hotel to get lunch there as well it was amazing I would stay again in a heartbeat. Staff made the stay amazing and the location as well
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
josue
"Very Nice"
It is easy to get to. I love the onsite parking and feeling that my car and I are safe. It is very clean. We walked to the theater district in a matter of minutes. There is a beautiful outdoor pool.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Location, location, location - dated dated dated"
Great location, relatively clean very dated setting. Squeezed bathroom. Convenient parking facility.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Ayesha
"Great hotel, especially for the price"
Looking for a hotel close to the theater and this was just down the street. It is close to Time Square, restaurants and night life. Very clean, comfortable. Great to have parking right next door for only $20!!! The staff was average.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For...."
Not bad for the price but I had a room facing 42nd Street and on a low floor. Was awoken a couple of times by honking horns in the middle of the night. But staff was helpful and friendly and the hotel was clean. As long as you know what to expect, it's a good value for this money but not a high-end place. Decent, passable.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Close to Time Square. Easy to get around from this location. Parking garage for car was important for us. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Rooms clean although average in size and decor. No breakfast included.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Marion
Nothing good to say. Room was not great. Hot water was an issue
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Mp
"hotel location"
Pleasant, friendly guest representatives.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Way to overpriced for the quality."
Super thin walls coupled with a crying baby next door makes for a bad nights sleep.
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2014
great location great price what else cou ld you ask for.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"okay at best"
Expensive for the quality, parking and location were good. Dated and noisy rooms.Tiny bathroom.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Great location . Poor services.no ac available in room in winter seasons
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Good Neighborhood, Good Location"
The Travel Inn is all about location. Four of us stayed in double bed comfort. The amenities are not top notch, but there's a deli next door and a wine shop on the other side. It's a few blocks from Times Square and the Times Square Metro stop. Our car was safely parked indoors for $20, and it's literally five minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel. We didn't spend much time around the hotel anyway...hey it's New York City!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Excellent Value for NYC!"
Excellent value for NYC, the rooms were very nice and the staff were excellent re: service and attitude. The only thing I would have liked was that the rooms have controllable temperature...it was either on or off but this didn't seem to be too concerning. I will stay there again.
5 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
The hotel was more than what I expected. Nice and neat.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Roselyn
"Location, Location, Location"
Great value for the location. You get what you pay for. The bed was hard and squeaky, the room was cold, and there was loud yelling coming from staff office on the six floor. I thought parking was $20 a day but we were charged $30 because was had a truck. I didn't understand that since it fit in the same size parking spot. We didn't use the Wi-Fi which they charge $6 a day for. Great place if you just need a clean place to sleep and take a hot shower.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
H123
"Travel Inn Manhattan"
I was leary about this hotel because I didn't have time to research it, but when I drove up passed the front office it looked pretty nice & I was relieved. I then went to my room and I was very disappointed in its condition. It had furniture out of place, the bed out of place, the rug filthy, the heat up to 100 and a fan blowing the hot air around. I went back to the desk and said it didn't seem like this room was ready for guests. They said, your right, there has been a mistake and they gave me a new room. The new room was obviously newly renovated and was beautiful and the bed was wonderful (firm and comfortable which was perfect for my bad back). I loved the room, was very comfortable there, wished I was staying longer than one night, & would recommend it to others.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
I had a show to attend at the Javits Center and this hotel was perfectly situated. You can walk to the Javits Center and the train station is also close. It's the best hotel in the area for the price.
"Ideal facility, price, location"
Third time we stayed here. It's been improved each time. This is our first choice in NYC. A pool, indoor parking, walk to Times Square, plays or Hudson river activities. Plenty of food choices close by and several stores for needs or snacks for the room. All this at a good price (for NYC). We will be back.
"Good place to stay"
The place is neat and clean and its very close to times square. its also very close to Subway that way you can to any place quickly.
Jeetender
"Fun times ahead!"
Good for a short stay and roomier than some of the other hotels in NYC. Times Square is down the street within 5 minutes! There's also a starbucks close by as well as a CVS! Everything was convenient. Point authority made traveling around NYC easier as well. Definitely reccomend 99 pizza They are open 24 and the pizza is really good for just a dollar!
2 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
kathleen
"Location, location, location"
I can't say that there was anything wrong with my room, but for the price I did expect better. The location (short walk to Javits Center, across the street from NYPD Task Force office) is the primary reason I would stay here again. Highlights: mini fridge and microwave. Challenges: non-centralized heating (not sure there is A/C), thin towels, sound of constant running water (top floor room).
Renee
"The best hotel in Manhattan"
All of the hotel is awesome the front desk persons aré friendly ,the room always very clean ,and the ubication is amazing
Sulma
"Close to everything Would Stay there Again."
Went for a Birthday/girls Long Weekend. The Staff was very nice, Helpful and friendly. The Parking is NOT 12 as listed on Expedia it is 20 per day. I would stay there again, because you cant beat the price and the Location WAS Perfect! I would recommend if your taking food to keep it in a cooler in your room we did have a little unwanted guest who was in our food bag when we were not in the room.
Shannon
"Clean and Convenient"
Travel Inn was a very nice hotel located just outside of the fray of Times Square. Only two blocks from PABT, it is a convenient hotel for a weekend visit. Arriving early in the day, the staff were very willing to keep our luggage until the check in time. In fact on Sunday after we checked out, they kept our bags for most of the day until we were ready to leave the city in the evening. Room was small but adequate for two people and well kept, very clean. It is an old hotel so heat was erratic- either hot or cold, hard to regulate.
"close to time square"
Cons: We spend most of our time out of the hotel. Bed covers weren't comfortable. When we showered the water would go extremely hot or extremely cold (hated the shower) The cleaning staff was very loud in the morning. Pros: there's a deli downstairs really good. Subway and time square are very close. There's really cool bars right around the corner.
jazzer
"If you have a car at this hotel, please read."
This hotel was very convenient to the Theater District. Upon check in, we received very limited information about where our room was. It turned out that our room was in the front part of the hotel, meaning that we had to go to the third floor and walk through the pool area to get there. We could have used a bit more information, as walking up and down stairs with our bags to find a room that didn't exist (on that specific side) was not fun. The elevators were fine, but crowded. The parking facility indoors is great, even though they changed it from free parking to $20 per day. However, on the day of our checkout, we inquired about keeping our car parked in their garage for the day as we were leaving the city at 7pm. The hotel refused to let us keep our car until 7pm (you could pay an extra $10 to leave it there until 6pm). We asked to pay the full $20 fee to keep the car in there the extra hour and they still wouldn't allow us to stay.
1 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
Allison
"Horrible Stay"
I read so many great reviews on this hotel. The nicest thing about the hotel is the lobby and the price. It wasnt too bad of a walk from Time Square. The rooms were dated. We had to walk through the parking garage to get to our elevator. Thank god there were windows that opened or else we would have been sweating to death in our room. Our room was outside. The hotel is set up very strange. Some of the rooms are inside and some are outside. We had to freeze to walk to our room. It was sort of like the hotel was a motel with the outside rooms. The hotel staff was not very friendly. I wanted to check in at 2 and the lady at the desk said not till 3. When the website clearly states that check in is at 2. We heard and saw a lot of unhappy customers arguing with staff. My friends actually were walked in on by house keeping twice. No knock at all. I will probably never go back to this hotel. I was disgusted by the staff and the rooms.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Great hotel in a great location!"
You could tell that the hotel was a little old, but all in all it was a good hotel. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. It is in a good part of NY and close to everything. Would stay there again!
2 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Pattie
"Centrally located"
Travel Inn Hotel on 42nd Street is close to the heart of midtown. It was also only 4 blocks from the wedding venue and wedding hotel that cost 3 times the price. I was able to get my nails done around the corner at a place called Strand for only $30 for a manicure and pedicure. The CVS across the street was handy when we needed medication and other amenities that we had left at home. Staff was warm and welcoming, helpful with our complicated reservation. The free maps on the front counter were also helpful. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"perfect"
Everything is good .
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Good location, has everything you need"
For the price and location, this was a very good hotel. The decor in the room needs a refresh--it's all 80s, all the time--but it was clean, I had a refrigerator and microwave, the shower was hot, there was an iron and hair dryer. An adequate gym facility--treadmill, stair climber, free weights--was available & with glass partitions I had a view of the pool area. Hotel staff is very professional and helpful. The Internet was super-fast, and reasonably priced at about $6 a day. No coffeemaker in the room but it is surrounded by good bars & restaurants and at least one 24-hour shop. It was also a 10-15 minute walk to everywhere I needed to go--the Javits conference center, Times Square, etc. If you're a business traveler on a budget or a tourist who just needs a decent place to relax and sleep after sightseeing, this is the spot.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Samantha
"Not recommended"
One week stay for business. Front desk clerks misplaced my important business mail (pre-informed them) and asked me to look for it in their storage room. What a joke! The lady was particularly impatient and cranky with me. Whatever mood she was in, she should've stayed home that day....wi-fi was terribly weak, not covering the hotel....won't stay there again. I love new york but not this hotel.
6 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
"Another Fine Stay"
Another fine stay. Can't beat it for the price and location. 2 blocks from the Times Square Subway and a crosstown bus on the same street. Each of the staff I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Wish free wireless WiFi was included, but they have a pay per use business center in the lobby that met my needs. Not luxurious, but also not $400 a night. Met my basic needs. Small bathroom, but a hot shower suited me fine. Will definitely be back
2 night trip Nov 2, 2014
I stayed here for one night, just before I ran the NYC marathon. I really just needed a place to sleep that wasn't crazy expensive and this hotel was perfect for that!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Perfect Location for Javits Center/Great Parking"
I had no way to adjust the heat or a/c...could have been something I was missing, but I couldn't find how to adjust it. I didn't call the desk or ask anyone because I was able to open the window and leave it open, so that was good enough for me. Parking is great! And only $20./per day. Perfect hotel for working at the Javits.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"Too Pricey"
Hotel was adequate; good location for mid-town visit Cost from Hotel.com was high
3 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
you should consider rooms without carpet cover on the floor for people with breathing issues and allergies, like asma.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"NOT SO CLEAN"
THERE WAS A MOUSE / RAT IN THE ROOM, THEY CHANGE A ROOM BUT SAID THAT THEY DONT BELIEVE ME THE SECOND ROOM WAS BETTER
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
nili
"A Decent Stay"
Hotel was nice and smelled very fresh. Room was recently remodeled so it was very nice. It was way nicer than the pics so that was a pleasent surprise dice we were a little apprehensive about staying in an "inn". Location was ok.. there was a club across the street so lots of noise all night. . Not a huge deal. Water was very hot and did not run out. Maintenance was very responsive to help with hot water issue. My only complaint was the beds were super hard.. and I like a firm mattress.. but these were really a bit too hard. Other than that.. great price. . Great staff.. smelled fresh. .conveniently located to all areas.. And had plenty of hot water..I would stay there again if they got softer beds :)
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
angela
"Walking distance to Midtown"
Nothing to be amazed of... An old, not cared so much hotel, close to midtown. Good value though.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
M
"PU"
My son and I stayed here for the weekend of Comic Con and we were put in probably the worst room in the hotel, not that they were booked because they did move us the next night. The train ran right under our room and shook it and the housekeeping phone was RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR and rang from early morning on. I prefer to take stairs in hotels and even the stairs were awful. They do not bring you to the lobby they go to dead ends, fire exits, the garage and employee areas. We paid 6 dollars for wifi that was very weak and my son was more frustrated than if they didnt have it at all and the TV kept rebooting. i understand i was in NYC ( We live on Long Island so NYC is no big deal to us) but to spend 650$ on this place was hard to swallow and I would NOT stay here again or recommend that anyone else does either
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2014