All hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3801 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV, 89109, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Not freshly remodeled"
Tacks poking out of carpet along bathroom door floor, Door broken at hinge on TV console/dresser. Towels dingy and worn out. Very disappointed - only plus the bed was comfortable. Not worth the $$$
SLT
airconditioner was not working. staff not helpful... bed was hard.. water in the shower needs more boost
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We truly apologize for the discomfort you experienced, due to the poor condition of your hotel room. We have forwarded your feedback for immediate improvements, we truly hope to have the opportunity to better accommodate you on your next visit to Las vegas.
"Decent hotel"
It took me a little while to get a costumed to the slow front desk staff but after I did, things ran pretty smoothly. Most of the staff was nice and had they been a little more prompt, I would've given this hotel a great rating.
Cyndi
"Tropicana Las Vegas"
Air conditioning was too noisy. The wifi was supper slow. It was included in the resort fee, but if you need higher speed internet, you have to pay additional. Is it a basic requirement nowadays?
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We truly apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort you experienced due to your room condition as well as the unexpected internet issues. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi and we hope to have the opportunity to better accommodate you on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Tracy
"Exactly What I Wanted!"
Very "Vegas" feel without being too huge to walk thru, find people, wait for a table to open, etc. Liked the double ball roulette, pretty cool. Rooms were comfy and clean. Ate at their steak place and cafe, both were good.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Danielle
"Shop around before you stay at the Tropicana"
I was disappointed that the room amenities were so sparse. Not only was there no mini refrigerator, there wasn't even a coffee maker, forcing me to shower and dress before going downstairs to buy an exorbitantly-priced coffee. In fact, all restaurants in the hotel were very pricey with mediocre food and it was explained to me that, " Well, this IS a casino." Additionally, the walls were thin enough to allow me to hear everything going on in the surrounding rooms. The gambling area was excessively smokey compared to other casinos, with less ventilation than required. That coupled with the dry air would have me recommend visitors to bring lubricating eye drops in their luggage and plenty of skin cream since the hotel cleaning staff did not replenish this every day. On the other hand, you get what you pay for and the price for the room was better than many other hotels. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay here again.
5 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Home away from home"
will come back Again, room was clean, non smoking room was perfect,
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice hotel it worked great for our stay."
We stayed for two nights the service was good the hotel was great.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"No More Tropicana"
not well staffed @ check-in. only 2 "checkers" assisting long lines of people. My husband stood in line for 70 minutes while me and my children finally sat and watched the line barely creep. All awhile the manager was just watching these two women check people in. We finally got to our room and our TV and Lamp had no power to them. Bellboy kindly tried to assist. We called down to front desk to report issue. We were told that maintanence would "be right up". No one EVER showed. Finally we just went to bed. Bad service. Bad room
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Nathan, Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback from your stay with us. We truly extend our apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. We truly hope for the opportunity to make it right on your next visit to Las Vegas.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
NATHAN
"NO"
As an Hilton Honors member for a long time, this is definitely not up to Double Tree standards or, for that matter, Hilton's either. The walls in the bathroom were filthy and stayed that way after two nights, until my wife could no longer tolerate it and cleaned them herself???? I've never been to a Double Tree property in this condition.
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear V. R. Thank you for taking the time to provide invaluable feedback from your recent stay. We truly extend our apologies for the discomfort and inconveniences you experienced due to poor housekeeping service. I have forwarded your comments for immediate improvement, we truly hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
6 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
V. R.
Decided to stay on a Friday night at the last minute...nice room. Good food at Italian restaurant!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
d
"Service - above and beyond!"
Staff made us feel like family! After getting a medical emergency call from home, the staff kicked into high gear and helped make the transition in our travel plans as painless as possible. It was wonderful to experience service from individuals who truly cared during our difficult time.
"worse stay ever in Vegas"
requested King bed on top floor, only double available. room was okay, toilet broken, maid helped us called maintenance, both very nice, took awhile to fix clogged toilet. went down to eat & gambled not much time left. checked out next morning & was charged $28 resort fee!! told her about incident clearly did not care. Will never go back again!
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear JoAnn, We truly appreciate the time you took to provide valuable feedback. We extend our most sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction and discomfort you experienced due to poor condition of your room. Your feedback has been forwarded to our management for immediate improvement.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
JoAnn
"Bad ventalation"
The room was fine except for very noisy ventilation and no temperature control.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Perry
"Tepid"
New, upscale hotel. Gripe with room condition. Was three days before shower had hot water. Not at all what I expect with a quasi-expensive Hilton property
5 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Nice hotel at the South end of the Strip."
The staff were all exceedingly nice and helpful. When I first checked in, the room I was given was not the best for a single female. It was ground floor with a patio and sliding glass door facing the parking garage. It was also where they got deliveries. Not good for a light sleeper. Also the A/C didn't work. I was too tired to change rooms that night, so I did it in the morning. The gentleman at the registration desk was very understanding and happy to help me out. I was only expecting to get my room changed, but they also gave me a $50.00 room credit. Very nice. My stay was wonderful. The food in the South Beach Cafe was really good although really pricey. I don't think you can walk out of there without spending at least $20.00 a person for at least breakfast and lunch. If you have other options for eating (like off the Strip), take full advantage of it. Otherwise most of your budget will be spent on food. Vegas is very expensive to go and do now.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Tropicana on the strip."
We purchased 2 rooms for 4 days at the Trop on the strip. Location is close to many attractions. It's a long walk from slef park to the rooms though. One room (5211) had non-working A/C (very hot). The other room (5202) had a shower with almost no water pressure. We were promised rooms with a free balcony upgrade. One room had no balcony and the other had a TINY balcony with no access to it from the room. We saw signs for the free complimentary breakfast buffet but that was only for Hilton Honors members (bummer). The advertised pool was completely drained and unavailable for use. We had to go over to the Tahitian resort to use a friend's access to a wonderful huge heated pool and outdoor hot tub. The Doubletree chocolate chip cookies were excellent and were given many free coupons for those. Rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. Personally I'd like a refund of half our purchase price to cover the deficiencies!
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We truly appreciate the time you took to provide feedback from your recent less than pleasant experience. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate management for needed improvement. We truly hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"World of Concrete Stay"
Very nice, clean hotel. We ate all meals there with good food and nice people. It was my first stay at the Tropicana. I thought it might be old but there was nothing old about it. It had a great setup to catch our shuttles.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Average"
Get what you pay for. Thought after remodel would be better than it is.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Denise
"Vegas Vacation"
The Tropicana is a great place to stay. The garden café is a great place to eat and to enjoy the outside gardens. The staff was wonderful and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015
Sue
The first room that I was in was too close to the ice maker and soda machine which made loud sounds and keep me awake the first. I was placed in a different room that very night.on express website,breakfast was part of package, but hotel did not offer breakfast.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"New look, but depressed vibe"
I've been to Las Vegas many times, but this was my first stay here. Food choices are limited, very few slot machines, and it has an old warn out, tired vibe despite the renovation. The CEO is on the default tv channel attired in 1980s couture, so that may explain everything. The staff was excellent, but there was only one parking valet and we had to wait too long for the car. I would not stay here again.
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear JP, Thank you for taking the time to provide both positive and negative feedback from your recent stay with us. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management for any needed improvements. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit!
3 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
it has not much things to do in Tropicana. We have to go to MGM or to Bellagio or Bally Casino to play or watch the shows
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
ashley
"It's okay"
For the price it was an okay hotel, could be alittle cleaner and waitress could come around more often.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
deeno
"Hotel is very dated"
Hotel is very dated. casino is boring.food would not go back I think it's time to bulldoze and build a new place to keep up with the rest of vegas
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
jeff
"Happy Tropicana guest."
Had a very pleasant two-day stay.
2 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Older hotel in a good location."
This hotel is easy to get to. Parking is easy and the check in desk is right inside the door. The mattresses in the rooms are good. The rooms show some wear, but overall the property looks good but older. Expedia says its a 4 star but I would rate it a 2 1/2 or 3 star
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Next to everything walking distance also was real close
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nice room, casino and lobby smoky and loud"
Needed a place to stay last minute, Expedia had a deal so we took it. The rooms are nice, well appointed, quiet. Lobby reeks of cigarettes, loud music everywhere, and crowded. Such a big hotel, they have crowd cue like the TSA to check in at the lobby. Staff friendly and efficient, but it took me 30 minutes to check in.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Very accommodating. Our flight got cancelled and we had to stay over for an additional 2 nights. They did not charge us a crazy price to stay.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Newly remodeled and very nice casino area."
Clean, friendly staff, great place to stay. Close to airport.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
maxwell
"Great for a weekend Getaway"
At check-in, I was informed they had over booked and that I would need to be moved on my 2nd night. For the inconvenience, they gave me credit to use at any restaurant, bar of choice. That was nice of them even though it was odd they had over booked. I had booked my place 2 months prior to arrival.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Ed
"Not suitable for convention center events"
Hotel is fine restaurants are not the best i.e. STK or BLT Workout room is not up to current standards has short hours and the pool is closed with no notice or alternatives.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Short but sweet"
Just one night stay and checked out super early, no services used so I really cannot rate. Room was clean and spacious.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Everything was very nice with the exception of the elevators. Out of 4 elevators, one did not work the entire time I was there. One other day only 1 elevator was working. The hotel was full and that made for more than comfortable waiting time.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"old tub"
The tub was very old and had black in bottom of it. I had to put towel in bottom before showing. I could not stand the idea of my feet toiching it.
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us, our goal is to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so in certain aspects of your visit. Your comments have been forwarded to our housekeeping department for immediate improvement. We hope to have the chance to make it up to you in the future!
designer
"Enjoyable"
Stayed here while attending a convention. Newly renovated, clean, close to airport, hospitality was good, on site dining decent. Not as party intensive (obnoxious) as some of the other hotels I have stayed at on the strip, which was nice. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Nice hotel near end of strip"
Did a $49 4 course meal which included a wine tasting throughout at their upscale Bacio Italian Restaurant. Was wonderful meal with a filet minion and a great deal. Would do again.
"Depends the price"
This Hotel is ok. Depends the price, My stayed was in high season, the price was expensive, I had no choice. but was ok.
Armando
"A reasonable place to stay in Las Vegas"
The room was quiet and comfortable, and I plan on staying there on my next trip in March. There is parking right behind the tower and it was very convenient when we were leaving to go somewhere. However, the entrance is one way (the door cannot be opened from the outside) so we would either have to wait for someone to come out, or walk all the way to the front. I am sure the goal was to get you to walk through the casino, however it was a long walk. We spent plenty of time in the casino, and it would certainly have made it easier for people who had disabilities.
Stan
A pleasant surprise. A friendly reception and a good breakfast. My room was modern and clean.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice hotel on the strip"
beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean. House keeping staff, smiling and pleasant.
"bad internet cinnection"
never was able to have a reliable internet connection. (was in for a trade show) hotel is a little tired - even though it was apparently recently remodeled?
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
The carpet was not vacuumed and unacceptable in my opinion. Otherwise I found the hotel very comfortable. The breakfast buffet at the beach cafe was excellent. The takeout sandwiches that I ordered were highly overpriced at $16 each. You ought to visit the Grand Luxe Cafe and order one of their chicken salad sandwiches to go for $5.95. Big difference!
"Business in Vegas"
just here for one night for business, great although little noisy as could hear airplanes
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
fan was really noisy - room size is good but just not comfortable.
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit. We truly apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to your room conditions. We hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great stay at the Tropicana"
I stayed here because this is where the conference I attended was hosted. This is my second time staying here for business. It's conveniently located at the beginning of Las Vegas strip across from the MGM, New York - New York and Excalibur making it convenient for the various shows. The hotel is very clean and appears to have been remodeled within the past couple of years. I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel.
4 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"CES Trip"
I arrived late and they did not have a non-smoking room available, they did give a $50 credit for my inconvenience. Well I could not sleep with all the smell of smoke, they switched my room the next day. If you book a hotel with Expedia or any other service provider I would recommend that you check what you are paying for, most hotels charge a resort fee on top of the amount you paid from the booking site.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Not a place to stay for business travelers"
An extremely loud private function was going on in the pool area that went on til 2am Tues morning. I could hear every word the dj was screaming and the bass was shaking my bed while the music was giving me a migraine. I was on the fourth floor on the opposite side of the pool where the partywas taking place so there was no excuse for a Monday night party to be so loud. I complained to the front desk twice and they got rude and told me the private function paid a lot of money and they weren't going to tell them to be quiet even though the party was supposed to be over at 1am.
Response by Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Dear Guest, We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. We truly extend our apologies for the discomfort and poor service you experienced due to the noise from the event occurring that evening. We truly hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2015