All hotels in Albion, Michigan, United States of America

2.6
    2.5
    1.9
    2.9
"Nice stay at an affordable price"
i have to admit i was skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading poor reviews.This was the only available hotel for us to attend ladies retreat in Marshall. To our surprise this hotel had very friendly staff and very clean and comfortable rooms. it is an older hotel but in the process of remodeling. I will stay there again and suggest this hotel to anyone wanting a nice room at an affordable price.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
Saw a roach in the bathroom it also smelled like smoke.
2 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"Very Rude Lady at Front desk"
The lady at the front desk was unaware of my booking thru hotels.Com called me while I was out saying I need to be out of the room because I missed the checkout I showed her my reservation that said my checkout was on the 17th she said it didn't matter, then the manager said I mistook her accent as attitude, no she was frowning and being very unpleasant, wish there was another hotel in Albion, MI so I will never have to stay there again
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"READ THE COMMENTS-LEARN FROM US!"
My wife and I had reservations at a different hotel but at the last minute we lost our pet-sitter so we had to change hotels. We saw this hotel was pet-friendly and also noted it was rated at 2-stars but did not read comments. (note to you, read the comments!). We reserved the room for two nights. However, after tripping over a wine bottle while walking my dog, car loads of shady characters, a dirty room, and lack of feeling safe, we fled in the night like we were running from the law! Once we returned from our fine dining at Subways, we rushed in to the room as 2- car loads of more shady characters pulled up. We quickly packed everything, grabbed our dog, made our escape plans A, and B in case someone tried to nab one of us, and rushed back to our car and sped out of the parking lot. Needless to say, we will NEVER return to this location. On that note, we did find the other side of Albion to be a clean and neat little town.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
The television did not work, took someone 30 minutes to get it working. The toilet in the bathroom leaked leaving water on the floor and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. The mini fridge also did not work.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"satisfaction"
Room was ok, but the bed was uncomfortable because the plastic cover was still on mattress so the sheet keep coming off. Suggest they use a vinyl matress cover instead of the plastic that was on from manufacturer.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Lynn
"RENOVATION needs attention"
Hotel still under renovation,room key did not work all the time. Parking lot too dark at night. I did not have a good breakfast? Toast and peanut butter with cold coffee and cornflake dispenser empty?
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Stay in Marshall if you can"
This motel was only missing the condemned sign. The roof was under repair, starting at 7 am, every morning. The carpet was all torn up so they could paint. We had to call to get a second lightbulb for our lamp. The included breakfast was waffles and cold cereal. We didn't even stay for the 3rd night we prepaid.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Kristin M
Hotel staff was kind. The hotel is run down but rooms were clean. The surrounding area is also in poor shape with few food establishments from which to choose.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Wind damage"
First impressions count, and when we first saw the hotel it looked derelict. Pieces of wood and cardboard strewn over the side car park. The main car park was clear but the tree in the center had fallen. Inside, the reception needed a stand alone fan to cool it. The rooms were minimalistic, sleeping 4 but only one chair at the table. No flat screen . Walls were touched up with paint in places that did not match the original color. The carpets in the corridor were raised in the center from what looked like water damage. We were not given any explanation for the condition of the hotel. Not worth what we paid.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
mike
"needs upgrading"
The AC was loud everytime it came on. The beds were hard and the remote control for the tv didn't work.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
The continental breakfast was practically empty. Not many choices. Even out of coffee. I felt the room was stuffy too.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
ollie
When you first arrive in the parking lot there are down trees and plastic up on the roof looks deserted! Major holes in the parking lot that can ruin your tires and car for sure. People were sitting in lawn chairs late at night where you have to walk. toilet didn't flush no walk plugs in room but one behind tv You have to walk up a lot of stairs with your luggage no elevator. Musty smell and cannot see out of the windows they are cracked and pure white from broken seal and water dripping down maybe you don't want to see anyway!The cleanliness was ok but the blankets and bedspread looked dirty and old. The town has pretty much nothing going for it !So what can you expect from the motel???
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Ok, the room was pretty clean. That was the only positive I had. Management was bad; toilet didn't flush for 3 days; once in room they didn't clean it for 3 days; internet didn't work; etc. I travel a ton for work and try to stay in cheap places as its my personal business; by far the worst place in over a decade and probably tied for second worst ever with a place in Atlanta that was just foul.
3 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Pet friendly"
By no means a classy establishment but close to where we needed to be and pet friendly. Our boxer enjoyed the large room and everything. The young men at the front desk were very nice. The owners/family/??? took over the pool, even though the pool should have been closed--strange. And then a woman (from the pool and still in swimming clothes) told us not to walk our dog in the hallway (we only took her through halls to go outside) because they normally don't accept pit bulls. I explained that she was a boxer, but I don't think she believed me. The continental breakfast was shut down by 10am, so plan to eat early if at all. Met all of our needs but was perfectly strange.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
It may have smelled like smoke and been falling apart but the beds were soft
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Rooms need updating. There were teens in the hallway about 2:00 am running up and down the halls laughing. We could hear everything. They were in the breakfast room in the morning, and took up all the tables after they were finished eating, and left a big mess. I know, this could happen in any hotel. I just wanted to have a nice cup of coffee without their noise.The beds, though were very comfortable and the room temp was perfect.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Annie
"Nice hotel at Albion"
A decent hotel at the price. Clean, nice helpful staff, has food junctures at walkable distance
Other trip May 15, 2014
Dipak
"it was fine for the price"
It was not new looking but clean. Just out dated
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Close to where I needed to be."
Hotel in pretty bad shape. All I needed was a place to sleep. The young college/high school gentleman at the front desk was THE BEST! Owners seemed nice but there are a lot of issues. From Ice machines to vending machines to crappy carpet on the walls. But, I was safe, felt safe just not too overly pleasurable.. For the money I would stay there again, for the money savings. Not for comfort. Sorry.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
W
"Smelly hotel"
The corridor smelled like cigarettes and cat pee. The washroom off the main lobby toilets did not flush or were not flushed, guest were still allowed to use them. There was half a roll of toilet paper without an extra roll, no pot for the coffee maker. Glad only had to stay one night.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Sort of like the movie The Shining"
This hotel's hallways smelled of sewage and damp. The hallway was dim, and lights flickered in a horror movie fashion. The room was dingy, the counters chipped, and the bathroom floor was not clean. At 9 at night on a Friday, there was no local dining option other than McDonalds. I will avoid Albion and this particular place in the future.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"To be expected for a hotel in Albion"
My friends and I are alumni of Albion College, and were returning to the area for a reunion. We did not want to drive all the way to Marshall or Jackson for the night, so we stayed at the Days Inn. I booked the arrangements through Expedia (which was only $60 a night), however when we checked into the hotel it took the manager at least 20 minutes to locate my reservation and get me checked in. The room was small, with two double beds and a TV (no other furniture except a night stand). My friend inspected the beds to make sure there were no bed bugs, because we we worried based on the looks of the room. We really only stayed here to sleep and shower, but we definitely did not want to spend more time in the room than we needed.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"not impressed"
the day staff does not even understand English, the hallways are freezing and the cable is horrible.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Best of two options in town. Very old and not maintained. Heat was barely working. No room cleaning for our time there we had to go to desk for towels that were old and dingy. Hall ways and stairs needed vacuuming.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
I didn't believe the other reviews - but they're right. 2.5 is TOO HIGH for this hotel! The Fitness Center, the pool, both restrooms in the hallway across from the 'breakfast' room are all out of order. It REEKED of cigarette smoke. Cable TV didn't even have the basic networks of ABC, CBS, NBC never mind the other channels that are listed. Since the TV didn't offer anything, we thought we'd watch something online. The DAYS INN internet wasn't working and the other was way too slow to support watching anything. The hallway is littered with dirt & debris of all sorts. The carpet in the room was filthy. The security door at the end of the hall is broken so it stays open all the time. The waffle iron was there for breakfast but it didn't work. We've never been to such a dumpy hotel. But if you just need a comfortable bed and a toilet, the sheets, toilet paper and towels work just fine. The A/C and heat did too. It was the only way to get the smell out of the room. The people at the front desk were kind - but I pity them having to work there. Nothing worked but they tried to help when possible. One of the managers walked around the halls talking LOUDLY on his phone and to housekeeping - early in the morning and late at night. This hotel NEEDS help! I would NOT recommend it - at all!
3 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Becky
"OMG!!!!!! I will never stay at that hotel again..."
Wow, this was the worst hotel ever.. I will never in my life stay there again. The hotel was nasty the floors and walls were so gross and it stink. Are room had bugs crawling all over floor and the sheets had nasty gross dont even want to know stains on them i went to dollar general being thats the only store in the town you can get sheets and bought them because i was not going to sleep on them or let my son sleep on there nasty sheets either. To me that town was a ghost town everything was closed down.. i wonder why if they looked like this hotel i would close down to. The worst place ever... DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Jess
"Terrible"
We were there three nights and had no room cleaning or fresh towels. When asking for fresh towels we got the run a round. Overall bad experience.
3 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
"Avoid!!!"
We got there and checked in, but the attended ignored us while speaking on the phone in a different language. When we finally got in our rooms we were very unpleased with the inaccurate pictures online. We did not stay at this hotel for the night, we booked our rooms elsewhere. There was a hole in the wall in room 111, the curtains looked like they were sliced, the window was shattered, and there was no dead bolt on the door. Meanwhile, the hallway had exposed wires for Wi-Fi and cable, as well as, the pool being inaccessible because it was green!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"economical"
Room was nice. Front desk personnel were friendly. Breakfast area was very dissatisfying: no coffee at all one morning, lack of cleanliness, no way to get hot water to make oatmeal (which was available in packets), lack of needed variety of utensils, ... Pool was out of service. TV channel availability did not include any major networks nor most news channels.
4 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
"Worst hotel ever"
Half of one of beds was missing. There was no soap or shampoo for taking a shower. The staff was not helpful at taking care of these issues.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Old, decrepit, unkempt, simply awful."
Rugs felt gummy, beds unkempt, bathroom had no drinking cups, alarm clock didn't work, pool closed, television did not receive any network channels, and on and on. Paid for two nights in advance, only stayed one night, left out of desperation for a clean environment.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
There was mold in the bathroom of one room, then in another there was feces on the toilet seat that had not been cleaned. This place should be shut down.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Sam C
"One of the worst hotels ever!"
Not sure why this is branded as a Days Inn. Almost abandoned. Nobody was at the front desk when we entered. Waited approx. 15 minutes for somebody to show up. This was around 9pm so not really that late. It would have been a perfect location for a movie set in the mid-80's. Room was the dirtiest I have ever seen and I've stayed at many hotel and hostels around the world and my standards are not really that high. It did have hot water- that's why it got a 2 rating in room comfort. TV was from the 80's.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Not Good"
Hotel staff was not friendly, when I could find someone to help me. Room smelled like cigarettes. Changed rooms because we didnt have a remote or cable. Bathroom didn't have a light fixture, just a bare bulb. I didn't expect anything nice due to the price, but it was probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Better to pay more & stay at a hotel farther away."
The first room we were given was dirty and the TV didn't even work. They changed the room, but the door to the new one was broken and they had to have someone come fix it just to let us in. This room was also dirty. Later that night there was a LOT of noise coming from some unruly guest and no one would do anything about it. Later we found out they were not even guests. Then my wife asked specifically about, and was given, a late checkout Sunday. In the morning the owner/manager (not sure) refused to honor it and essentially kicked my pregnant wife and kids out. We have family in the area, but we will never use this hotel again!
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Days Inn Albion"
This hotel was gross and if we were not tired from our days travel we would have looked for another hotel down further down the road. We only paid $61.42, of which expedia paid $48 for the room with tax. So I guess we get what we pay for. I would never recommend this hotel to any one for any reason.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Never again."
New desk clerk tried to charge me when room was prepaid and didn't know how to give me my Wyndham rewards points. We got a double bed instead of the king I reserved. The staircase was never vacuumed and it was filthy. The door handle was broken and the key card seldom worked.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"terrible"
no tv due to a cut cable line. phone in the room didn't work. air conditioning didn't work in most of the rooms. renovations being done but very messy. one employee might have been a manager was rude and swearing in front of guests. very little breakfast. not sure why they even offer one. didn't restock it or empty the trash. then cuss and swear when people don't throw their trash away. called our room at 10:30 at night and kept calling till we answeredand then we're very rude.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"ALBION REUNION"
WE HAD NO TV, I THOUGHT THE KIDS IN THE NEXT ROOM WERE WITH US THE NOISE WAS SO LOUD. THE BREAKFAST WAS WORTHLESS.I DOUBT I WOULD STAY THE AGAIN FOR FREE
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
STEVE
"Hotel close to ball tournamnet"
The hotel had many areas needing or under repair, the pool area was nice but chlorine tablets were just thrown in (you stepped on them in the pool) and some were dropped/smashed on the walk around the pool. The breakfast offered very little with no one around to provide missing supplies like bowls and spoons. Overall the cleanliness of the bathroom was not very good, looks like just a superficial cleaning is being doing (mold build up in many of the joint areas). Lamp in room was not plugged in (on/off switch was broken on it), didn't take a chance on plugging it in.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Great room for the price.Pool was a little small but had a nice stay
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
"Avoid this one if at all possible"
horrible little run down hotel, complete with cigarette burn holes in both my sheets and 1970's style comforter. In addition, the staff was more worried about smoking cigarettes out front than answering phones and helping customers. NEVER AGAIN!
2 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"perhaps, sometime you get what you pay for."
not elaborate at all, maybe due to hotel renavation.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
N/A
"Don't stay, if you can avoid it!"
Me, my husband, my nephew, and a friend stayed 4 nights for a NASCAR race weekend. We drove 12 hours to get there. When we got there, there was nobody at the front desk, but there was a sign saying to dial 301 for service. We did and the line was busy. After 20 minutes of trying to dial and looking around the hotel for someone, the front desk clerk finally showed up. She said she was trying to get laundry done and the phone must have turned on in her pocket. We finally got checked in with our two rooms. The room me and my nephew shared only had 3 tv channels and a remote that didn't work. I had to go down to the front desk three times before she came down to fix the remote, and we still only had three tv channels (there was a list with about 20 channels, but I figured we weren't going to be spending much time watching tv, so i just let it go. The bathroom ceiling had mold and the shower head leaked pretty bad. The room my husband and our friend shared didn't have a coffee maker, but they didn't bother asking for one because of the trouble I had getting the front desk clerk to fix our tv remote. They didn't have a do not disturb sign for the door, so they made their own. The side door, which was right by our rooms had no security. I can only think of three things nice to say about our stay. The staff, other than the front desk clerk were friendly and very helpful, the free breakfast was decent, and the beds were comfortable.
4 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2013
Lisa M.
"convenient location only"
Unfortunately, by far the worst place my family and I stayed at. I needed to change rooms upon arrival due to the first one not having towels and not appearing clean. Second room not much better, mold on shower ceiling, tv did not work. Signs around the building did state that the hotel was being renovated so I look forward to seeing the end result. The building was not secure at the entrances.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Di
"Nightmare on Elm Street"
We got there late to not deal with how bad it was because we saw some bad reviews. We had to switch rooms because are TV was to old to use! There was 3 or 4 cats outside the hotel at night when I went to get something from the car. We left the hotel as soon as we could in the morning.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
"Do not stay here.NONE"
This hotel was so dirty. The rooms were not cleaned or stocked. It was like pulling teeth to get help from staff. The manager completely acted like she didnt care. they advertise breakfast, but there was none, not even cream and sugar for coffee. We even had bugs crawling in our room. We will never stay there again and would never let anyone we know stay there.
Other trip Jun 13, 2013
"This is the worst hotel I have ever seen!!!"
I honestly don't know where to start, this hotel is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. This hotel knows nothing about the hospitality industry! I never did get a cup of coffee, they never had anyone stock the continental breakfast. I think the two pieces of bread they served were there the whole time we were there. They had nothing for breakfast. The pool was so cloudy you could not see the bottom at the three foot depth, my son threw a bright pink diving stick in the pool and we could not see it at the bottom! The room is very outdated, the bed was so old it actually sank down in the middle. I think this hotel should be condemned!!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Billy
"AWFUL!!"
Late wake up call, refrigerator promised and never delivered, manager walking around floor without shoes or socks, rude staff. Very poor experience
Other trip May 24, 2013