All hotels in Albion, Michigan, United States of America

2.6
    2.5
    1.9
    2.8
"I would not go to this hotel for the second time"
Negative things: Lack of staff The side doors broken. Very garbage along the side doors of the hotel. Any robber can easily get at the hotel. Dirty rooms. I went through 4 bedrooms to find a less dirty. Not have enough food for all the guests (breakfast). Dirty bedding. Hotel seems to be failing Positive things: beautiful Entrance Camera security. clean towels Iron Hair Dryer My recommendation: If you go to sleep at this hotel take your sleeping bag.
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
Marcus
"Poorly maintained,untrained help"
Won't be back. Regardless of price. Don't recommend eating anything from continental "breakfast".
3 night trip May 8, 2013
"yuck!!!!"
we got there very late at night, went up to the room.it smelled bad, the toilet had been used and not cleaned afterward, yuck.the carpeting was the ugliest and done by the laziest carpet layer in the world.my first thought was what is this carpeting covering? we went to bed.woke up a few hours later, went down for breakfast well before ten asked where is breakfast? the girls at the counter said her boss told her to clean it up by nine thirty but they say breakfast till ten.she gave in and got out brekfast no waffle maker as shown .waffles that were meant to be frozen but had been placed in a small refrigerator..she asked what kind of bread we wanted,.and stuck her hands not washed prior in the bag and grabbed out a few slices as she did some english muffins.no yogurt, some cream cheese, butter, one flavor of those miserable mixed fruit flavor jelly packs , just enough coffee made for one cup ( dont even get me started about the oil slick that was called coffe in the room) some cornflakes labeled frosted flakes and raisin bran,generally low budget excuse for breakfast.went back up to the room, sorta started getting ready to go .bent over to look for something and there what only can be described as fecal matter along the edge of the bed! explains the smell.what had we been laying on all night ? I decided to not remove the bottom sheet as this was something better to not know.did not even try the pool ! Going to go on to somewhere else next visit!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
oh no not days inn!
The breakfast sucked, so we had to eat else where and the pool wasnt even open. Was ok for that one night but I will not stay there again!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
not thrilled
"Just don't stay"
I stay in hotels over 2 months out of the year for business. I read the reviews, but thought I would give it a shot. The hotel is old, the doors of the rooms are prob 50 years old and are floor to ceiling.. weird. I didn't see bugs, but just old and needs a gut rehab. Oh, and in the morning the housekeeper didn't knock, just opened the door and then said housekeeping after she opened it. I am staying at the Super 8 in Jackson tonight about 14 miles east, much better.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
Waz
"Awesome hotel....Awesome staff"
This is the second time I stay at this quiet hotel within a year. Being that it is under new ownership, numerous improvements have been made and numerous improvements are still in the making. Excellent hotel for the price. Shows the ownership really cares about the guests and their comfort. John, at the front desk, is super helpful and pleasant. He goes out of his way to make sure the stay is an enjoyable one. Kim, house keeping, is a pro when it comes to cleaning a room and keeping it clean. She is always friendly, profesional, and caring. Kim will go out of her way to make sure the rooms are done correctly each and every time. Definitely can sense Kim takes pride in her work and wants to make sure the hotel is clean the way she wants it. The pool is at the right temperature and the breakfast is filling. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone needing a place to stay. I will definitely be back!!!
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"not visiting for sight-seeing"
The hotel is extremely run down - the outside is in poor condition - the desk clerk - while pleasant - had to be summoned when we arrived and the morning clerk NEVER showed up even when we called when we checked out. Carpeting was disgusting in common areas - in the morning the hallways actually smelled - rooms were okay in cleanliness, but bathroom REALLY needs repairs and carpeting was grimy looking. Very noisy place and landscaping and maintenance outside was POOR. We did NOT partake of the continental breakfast because all items looked stale.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"very dirty pool, cold. big fight broke out inside"
this was by far the worst place I have been to since I've been using hotels.com. I'm not picky as long as the room is clean and it's a place to sleep
Business trip Mar 26, 2013
"Horrible in every possible way"
Do yourself a favor and pay $30 more and get a clean room. Moldy bathroom Dirty floors throughout hotel and room Noisy next to major highway Linens stained and threadbare Bed too soft Pillows too small
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2013
Ron
"NOT WORTH THE MONEY WE SPENT"
THE ROOM WAS VERY COLD...THE HEATER TOOK OVER HALF THE NIGHT RUNNING TO GET ROOM WARM....BREAKFAST ONLY CONSIST OF BAGELS, TOAST AND WAFFLES...I WOULDN'T BOOK THERE AGAIN
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
Nice and affordable. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2013
The room was about what I expected for the price that I paid. Was disappointed that the TV remote did not work.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
Keith R
"OK value"
housekeeping could not replace shampoo or t.p. Had to go to desk to get these items. Not bad for what it cost.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
"Just crash. Don't stay long."
Just a place to go to sleep. Someone had smoked in my no smoking room. Pretty nasty grout in bathroom. Bed sagged. Water in shower was luke warm. Just sleep and leave.
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
"Nice improvement"
This place has improve a lot since I stayed there several years ago. I was a bit leary at first, since I hadn't been there in awhile, but the updates are nice. It's a great price and clean for a quick overnight stay. Kids loved the pool. Breakfast was minimal, but it had everything I liked. Nothing fancy, but a nice place.
Other trip Nov 4, 2012
"Good For The Money"
This is an older hotel but the staff maintain it fairly well. They are constantly making improvements. The staff are very friendly and helpful. This is a "you get what you pay for sort of place". The rates are very reasonable and overall the place is clean but could use some paint here and there. I will stay there again on my next trip to Albion.
Other trip Oct 31, 2012
Bennie
"Great Hotel for any travelers"
Friendly staff large room and adequate amenities !
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
Ted
"not too bad!"
This place has certainly seen better days, but the staff is very nice and seem to be trying hard to make the experience pleasant, and given that it is in Albion, which doesn't have a lot of hotels, I'd probably stay here again, and I'd recommend it to others who need a place convenient to Albion College.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
Hotel was older but very clean. Staff was very helpful. The room had two holes that were patched poorly but other than that was very nice. The continental breakfast was very good especially the homemade waffles. Could of used more variety of fruit. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Disappointed! Rooms very dirty. Breakfast room dirty, coffee lukewarm and staff unfriendly.
Family trip Oct 8, 2012
Marsha
very goood customer service, property needs improvement,( new beds, new TV ' s , cable, needs to offer movies,etc
Business trip Sep 17, 2012
JosePH
Some gasoline was cyphoned out of our car between noon and 2:00p.m. on Sunday. We did not report this to the hotel because we didn't think they could do anything about it.. That is a little scarry though....messing with our car in broad daylight.
Other trip Aug 31, 2012
"Locals Hangout"
booked 6 nights checked out the after the first night. Hotel was loud seemed to be the place for the local people to hang out. did not feel secure and the hotel was not clean.
Business trip Aug 29, 2012
Business Traveler
"Yuck...in my top worst rooms I've stayed in."
Wow. Pretty nasty. From people smoking at the front door to not being able to turn the lights on in the room because the little knobs were broken off...pretty poor. We were able to plug the stand up light in and get it to work. I think maybe it was a good thing that the lights didn't work...you couldn't see all the worn out, ripped, broken, and gross stuff. We sneezed and coughed all night from whatever was coming out of the air conditioner...which was necessary because it was so stuffy and musty.
Other trip Aug 25, 2012

"The beds are excellent...memory foam!"
The beds are excellent...they have memory foam which made a great night sleep!
"FRANK FROM NEW JERSEY"
New owners trying to fix it up. Keep in mind what you are paying and it is an ok place to stay. Staff friendly waffles for breakfast. Room wasv clean no problems . will stay again
3 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
"Never again"
In our 6 years of travelling to the US 2-3 times per year, this was the worst "hotel" we'd stayed at. Firstly, I had booked the room in advance and pain in full. I always print out the booking info to expedite the check-in process. Well, this was the longest check-in I'd ever experienced. The woman at the desk did not seem to know what she was doing, had to phone someone to assist her. It seemed she did that with everyone in line. Second, our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke, the carpet had not been vacuumed, and there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. There was a small fridge and microwave, which was nice. The little coffeemaker was dusty and dirty and there were no cups supplied. Thirdly, we have never stayed anywhere where we had to ask to have our beds made! We couldn't believe on our return to the room after a long day out, that the beds were unmade, dirty towels and garbage hadn't been removed, and still no soap or shampoo as I had requested on our way out that morning. After mentioning this to the front desk, the young man there seemed surprised and said that guests normally have to ask to have beds made. In fact, there didn't seem to be any sign of any housekeeping staff any of the days we stayed there... never staying there again!
3 night trip Aug 16, 2013
NASCAR fan
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Lobby was great. Upon entering our room we were appalled. It stunk and was filthy. We had to go out and buy cleaning supplies just to use the bathroom. Absolutely no room service. No clean towels. Had to get them from the front desk. The only good thing was Jodi, the front desk manager. She tried her best, but was obviously fighting a loosing battle. Will never stay in a Days Inn again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"will be back again"
clean, not expensive, convenient location,
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2012

DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn Albion

"Traveler Beware"
07/30/15 ehaeuss Dearborn, Michigan
My husband and son tried to stay at this hotel for a baseball tournament in Albion. He ended up driving home with our son for the night because he didn't feel comfortable staying. It was unclean and dirty. Unfortunately when I looked up reviews online and showed the traveler posted pictures to my husband he said they were very accurate as to the state of the room. Before I posted a review I wanted to see how the hotel would handle the complaint. I also call the corporate office right away after reading other traveler reviews and comments. It was probably a mistake to tell the hotel I contact the corporate offices because they were very difficult to work and it took several days to get in contact with a manager. We were offered 25% off our next stay. It did take a lot of phone tag with corporate but they were very considerate and open to listening to my concerns. They said they forwarded the information over to their quality control department so hopefully someone will be taking a deeper look into the condition of the hotel. Right now I could not recommend this hotel and my family will never be staying here again but hopefully with some guidance from the corporate offices it will turn around and get it together. There is a difference between outdated and unclean and this hotel was just unclean.
"terrible stay, the room was discusting, there was black..."
07/19/15 H2072PW Ulm, Germany
terrible stay, the room was discusting, there was black spots(large area) in the bath room, the breakfast - there was nothing to call it breakfast, the worstest stay in the hotel ever
"NOT RECOMMENDED"
07/13/15 LisaKartz Saginaw, Michigan
Made reservations over the phone. i questioned the staff regarding the previous bad reviews and was assured the hotel had been renovated and was clean and updated. I was quoted a price and was told there would be NO additional charge for my dog, but was charged an addtional $20. Staff was friendly upon arrival and room was ok. That night there was a drunk man trying to get into my room at 3 AM and lots of slamming doors. Unfortunately, the drunk was in the room next to mine and we had adjoining rooms. The drunk proceeded to try to get into my room via the adjoining room. I called the front desk and the person on staff asked what I wanted him to do. REALLY!!!! After 2 more phone calls to the front desk with me complaining about my next door neighbors screaming profanities, they called the people up and got things quieted down. I did not get back to sleep that night as i was afraid the neighbors would try to get into my room again. I addressed my situation with the hotel manager and was told he had spoken with the occupants of the adjoining room. He assured me that if it happened again the next night they would be evicted from the hotel. The second night was better except the air conditioner cover came crashing down at 2 AM and cracked. I addressed this with the the hotel manager the next morning to let him know that I could not get it back on and it appeared to be broken. i also asked for a discount on my stay due to all the nights disruptions. He told me he would have to check with corporate and would be in touch with me. Later in the day after I had checked out I received a call from the manager stating the air conditioner cover was broken and how did that happen, (did my dog knock it off) and I was going to have to cover the cost. NO WAY!!!! Told him I had discussed that with him in the morning. I was asleep in my bed and the dog was in his crate so there was no way I was responsible. Long story short....I was offered a discount on another nights stay at the hotel (again NO WAY) or a $10 put back on my credit card. DON'T STAY AT THIS MOTEL. My room had been somewhat updated but other area of the hotel are still quite shabby.
"Drove 12 hrs home instead of staying again"
07/12/15 Sophia B
We figured cheap and close to the race. We had 2 nights booked and only stayed one. We drove 12 hours back home instead of staying again. Even though we had one more night to stay, we were asked 3 times during breakfast if we were leaving yet by staff.The days Inn website pictures aren't even accurate. I even wrote to days inn and never received a reply.
"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER!"
06/04/15 Jessica_lee_03
Most disgusting hotel I have EVER EVER stepped foot in. Do not waste your money go 10 more minutes and stay in Marshall. Our room was dirty even left over pee in the toilet from the last person. The walls were cracked, dirt on the floors, and the sheets had yellow stains!!! The man at the counter was a jerk and they refused a refund I'm still disputing with the corporate office to get my money back !
"Stayed here because it was pet friendly"
05/31/15 mcleod15 Ontario
The staff was friendly but check in was a little slow, but without issue, due to the fact I had used points to book this room. Continental breakfast was OK. Room was OK and clean but quite dated. They seem to be trying very hard to impress but I'd say they have an uphill battle with the old building and infrastructure.
"I wish I couldn't even give a star"
05/30/15 Digger_798
This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever attempted to stay at. I am an optimistic person when I pulled up it didn't look nice but gave it a shot. We checked in and the room was terrible let me start: Pee in the toilet, shower curtain falling off , trash in the garbage, rocks and a coin on the carpet, STAINS on the sheets. We made it a 1/2 hour in the hotel and I felt disgusting decided we needed to find a new one. From there went up front to get a refund and staff was absolutely terrible, barley spoke English, and would not let us talk to a manager . Said they were out of town. Doesn't everyone have a cell phone now a days?!? The man behind the counter straight up walked away from us 4 times while we were trying to get a refund. He went to check the room and came back and told us we stayed to long. "You get no refund, it's in our policy." When asked for a policy he could and would not present us with one! We left no money was given back and I really hope NOBODY EVER EVERY STAYS HERE! It's not worth a penny !!!
"Work in Progress?"
01/14/15 Mark V Brighton, Michigan
Checked into this place because I was tired of driving in the snow. This used to be a non-chain hotel and had been recently changed to a Days Inn. Nice and large lobby seemed newly redone. They should have spent some money on the room and ammenities. Just a couple towels, one bar of soap (used to getting one for the sink and one for the tub), no creamer or sugar for the coffee, and it looks like the ceiling above the tub needed some repair due to some nasty leak. Printer needed some ink since the receipt was barely readable. A couple typical choices for breakfast the next morning but I was not in the mood to eat since the overall cleanliness didn't seem up to par. Parking lot was not plowed as of yet when I left at 10am. Not good.
"Avoid at all costs"
09/16/14 Kellie F
When we checked in our room it didn't look like it was cleaned. There was some sort of pill left on the night stand. We asked for new sheets several times because they were covered in weird stains. They lied about replacing them and then refused to bring them because the cleaning person left. The building seemed to be falling apart. There was trash everywhere outside. The sink didn't work right, the tv was in black and white and the wifi didn't work.
"Hotel should have been great in 1943"
08/26/14 Alexis A
Dirty room, nothing is functionning (wi-fi, t.v , ice machine, pool fitness center are all broken) the pool is horrible so as the fitness center (can we only call this a "fitness center"?) . The room seems like they've never been cleaned up since the year 1922. Blood on the bed. The only good thing about it is that we paid 52$, you should always go visit the room first and then negociate the price when you see whats broken in the room.