All hotels in Karon, Thailand
29 Soi Karon Nui, Muang, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not a 4 stars hotel- getting really rundown"
Le Meridien could be a wonderful hotel- located in a lovely private beach, 2 humongous pool with lots of private space for sun lovers and quite a nice assortment of restaurants. However, it is so badly run....from check in till check out, the staff I encountered were so hurried, all lacking the all famous Thai hospitality and gentle smiles. There are always staff everywhere, but all are "aloof" and will assist only when prompted and asked. The bathrooms (our family had 5 rooms in total)had molds on the grouts and little things did not work. Air conditioning was warm (between 26 to 30 degrees)- we had to constantly request for maintenance but even in the last day, one of the rooms were never attended to. The cleanings of the rooms were hurried and my thoughts are that, if only, the finger of the top management was on the pulse and checks are made- this hotel could be a really fine hotel- what a shame!
5 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Shok Ming
"Le Meridien Phuket - "We Loved It""
We simply loved it. Starting from the moment we entered the resort till the moment we left, everything was perfect. The service at the reception(quality of English spoken by the staff could be better), the food quality, attitude of all the staff of the hotel(forever ready to help and do what we need them to do) and the general location and design of the resort really put us in a holiday mood. The private beach of the resort is really a reason to choose this hotel over others. Not to forget the size of the pool of the resort as well. In short---- I am surely coming back!!!!
4 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Ruben
"nice spg hotel"
I arrived after 1 hour drive from the airport , nice hotel , warm welcome , haven't got time really to enjoy the hotel amenities but I did enjoy the view of my room that was facing the sea and pool most of the time I went to patong to enjoy the night life I didn't like that the hotel charge for transfer to the city and also dosent give you option if you would like to take a taxi . you have to pay the taxi driver fix price of 300 bath to the city and must be done by the hotel transportation desk . reason hotel secluded and no other taxi then their owns go there I did went to the beach of the hotel and was fun as long as you love waves
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
yosef
"Recommended beach hotel in Phuket!!"
Fantastic experience
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Roger
Beautiful private beach and staffs are very helpful and friendly. Cannot complaint for anything except the shuttle's schedule. Wish they have shuttle every hour.
Other trip May 25, 2015
SC
"Nice hotel but overpriced"
We recently returned from our stay at Le Meridien hotel in Phuket. The first room we were given when we arrived had a room connected to it and we could hear every little step the people took and all of their conversations so we asked to be moved. We were moved the next day without much fuss to a quieter room. The new room did have a serious ant problem but it is a tropical island so that is pretty much normal. Beds are comfy and soft. The only other gripe from the room would be you only get 2 towels and wash clothes at turn down service so if you take a shower in the afternoon and then go out and get hot and sweaty and want to take another one at night, you don't have fresh towels to do so. We were disappointed to find out upon arrival that there was not a free shuttle that took people to town as advertised online. It became quite expensive to get around and the food and drinks at the resort were grossly overpriced, especially in comparison to what other restaurants charged for the same food. The free breakfast was nice but is the same every day which gets old quick. We were also a little frustrated that we had to pay for wifi to use it in our room. You can use it for free in the common areas but it is shotty and unreliable at best. The private beach with the baby elephant that roams is very nice and well kept but they are no longer allowing sun-loungers on the beach which we were not made aware of before we arrived. This was a bit of an annoyance if you enjoy tanning.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"This is how a resort should be"
I and many wife really enjoyed our stay at Le Meridien Phuket. An excellent white sandy beach almost entirely to hotel guests without outside hawker hassal selling their wares. The resort has every thing that could keep you busy throughout the day and is close enough to the hustle and bustle of Patong. The resort provides transportation to Patong at 100 Bath per person one way and you can either come back on the same coster at appointed times or could take a Tuk Tuk back at about the 200 at any time. so you are not far from the action or trying the innumerable dinning options at Patong
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Tuk Tuk
"Bad service, incompetent staff"
Bad service, incompetent staff who misinformed us on several occasions. Bad food, over priced.
3 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
Ishita
"So much potential but falls well short of it"
It is located on a secluded beach which is rare for that area. From the moment we arrived we were helped by friendly staff that checked us in and showed us to our room. The front desk was always friendly and could suggest things to do and places to go during a day/night. We never had dinner on the property so I can't say anything about quality of the food but for breakfast and lunch you seriously need to change up your menu especially for breakfast, same breakfast options every day. Food and drinks are extremely overpriced the service is slow and bartenders have no idea how to make any of the drinks. Each day i would order the same drink and each time it would look and taste different. It would take 10 to 15 minutes to get 1 beer and 1 mixed drink even though I would be the only person at the bar. After a few days of that crappy service I started going outside the property into a small grocery store and buy my own drinks at third of the price. People are smoking everywhere and cigarette butts are all over the beach. I had a "pleasure" stepping on one. You have a beautiful beach and location do your part in preserving itThe rooms are decent nothing special really besides ANTS. Those little guys were all over the bathroom. I didn't notice them at first until I left a glass used for juice I found a glass full of ants when I came back. Room service just cleaned up the glass and didnt do much to get rid of the ANTS in our room. Upon check out staff didnt even ask about our stay
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Dmitry
"Beautiful location with excellent amenities."
Just enchanting from the start. Beautiful room location overlooking the pool and beach. Excellent staff and very attentive to needs. Just a great experience all around and worth the price.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Brent
"warm atmosphere , lovely private beach"
we stayed at le meridien for 7 days. a very professional welcome, polite staff and nice location were the first things we faced with at the first sight. the items which remained as true until check out. good breakfast, acceptable facilities, elite decoration, respectful guests, suitable pool and more importantly an uncompetitive private beach come as additional positive points of le meridien during our stay. However, we did not understand and did, of course, not find it acceptable for a hotel which charges its guests "expensive" that why the gusts should be forbidden from use of pool after 7:00 p.m!!! another disappointing matter was lateness / delay of cleaning room staff to do their job and one day they had totally forgotten to clean the room?! in any event, notwithstanding the problems that we always may have with hotels, we enjoyed our stay at le meridien and would undoubtedly suggest it to our friends.
"Private beach"
Really good, clean hotel. Private beach. Great breakfast buffet. Close to everything. Attentive staff.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
stephanie
"Excellent staff"
I coulnd;t find a reason to leave the resort. It was excellent and i recommend to everyone from solo traveler to honeymooners.
6 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Nice hotel, helpful staff, and great facilities, recommend for everyone
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Great hotel, helpful and pleasant staff and nice facilities
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Classy hotel on a private beach"
This is my first time in Phuket. I already spent 3 nights in Bangkok LeBua and also 3 nights in a bungalow in Kohtalu. I could not wait to arrive at Le Meredian as I knew it was a Starwood resort and would not be disappointed as I had stayed at other Starwood hotels. Le Meredian Hotel is in good location, away from the crowd at Patong, but only 5-10 min car ride to Patong for 100 baht on hotel shuttle. Taxi from airport to Le Meredian is 900 baht, but 1400 for return trip. Hotel has large swimming pools with several restaurants. However, no swimming is allowed in the evening as restaurants are right next to the pool. Hotel should consider allowing swimming in the smaller pool away from the restaurant. There is a spa but it was fully booked, so book in advance. The four year old elephant that comes by the pool and walks on the beach daily is a charm. Hotel also offers short lesson on scuba diving. You get to try out the scuba gear in the swimming pool with a friendly instructor from the UK. There are also gift shops. I would stay at the Meredian again even though I have to cab to go anywhere from the hotel. I like the fact it's on the beach and the shower is awesome! If you like cleanliness after a sweaty day out or playing in the beach, then this hotel is for you. The shower head is mounted on the ceiling and on the wall. Le Meredian also has its own cars and published price list. A cab to Kata Beach to the Karon Viewpoint costs 400 baht and well worth it!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Sandy
"Idealic"
This hotel is in the perfect location. It is private with it's own beach and is gorgeous. The hotel is spotless and even though it is huge, you have the feeling of being in a small and unpopulated hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Louise
"Very disappointed"
View was cover with trees and staff were unfriendly
5 night business trip May 28, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach. Poolside is also good."
stayed 5 nighits and spend long time at pool side. facility and location is very fine near beach and surrounded deep forest. pizza and cocktail at poolside are great but night buffet and italian restaurant are not so good. pasta is boiled too much and far from al-dente. better to go out for dinner in downtown at paton beach, far reasonable and delicious than the restaurants in the hotel. room is clean and comfortable, but less amenity without comb and shaver. overall hotel stay was very fine. we saw a child elephant walking in the hotel sometime, it's fun. the hotel stuff are friendly and kind enough.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
BEN
Great hotel, staff is helpful and pleasant. Private beach and pool are super clean and views are amazing.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
PJ
"Amazing Resort"
I cannot speak highly enough of Le Meridian Resort. The hotel is well maintained, the staff is incredibly nice and hard working, food is delicious, and the private beach is beautiful. The beach is what I enjoyed the most. We were looking for a private beach away from the mass tourist at Patong Beach, etc. A secluded resort tucked way between mountains in a cove is exactly what we found at Le Meridian. I recommend all the restaurants and also room service. The staff is exceptionally friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. I would recommend Le Meridian to anyone traveling to Thailand! Don't fret when arriving from the airport. The drive is about 30 minutes and you wind around through the streets and may begin to think you are never getting there or it won't be what the pictures look like online. This is not the case! The resort is exactly as advertising and is guarded by security 24-hours a day.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Kaley
We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. Deluxe suite we stayed in was wonderful.
3 night trip Apr 27, 2014
JT
"Paradise Beach in Phuket"
It was an excellent stay. The staff were very courteous and attentive. The hotel and beach were clean. The grounds were beautiful. The breakfast brunch which was included was fabulous. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Angie
"Nice beach and pool!"
The beach is just great. Private and there are a lot of sunbathing chairs. The pool is really big and nice too. Breakfast was great with varieties and lots of choices. The Japanese restaurant is highly recommended.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Travelers
"Very nice! Right on the beach!"
We really enjoyed this hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, and it is a private beach just for hotel guests. Plenty of chairs by the beach and the pool. Lots of pools for swimming and for hanging out. Hotel is very nice, staff is very nice. Only downside is the place is very secluded from anywhere else in Phuket. So unless you want to get a taxi, you have to eat at the hotels restaurant. There are 5 different restaurants, and the food is very good, it is just expensive. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, just be prepared to spend money once you get there.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Rob
Nice hotel, you better be Russian if you want to be considered Only issue is consistancy between all restaurants, excellent at pool, Thai restaurant is lower than average, friendly Japanese'one
4 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Very good location and beach."
Good location and "private" beach. Hotel not cheap but good. breakfast was not bad.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Nice private place to stay"
Le Meridien hotel is a beautiful hotel with all the amenties that you need on a vacation! The white sand beach is right in front of the hotel and is private to the hotel guests. Great place to rest and relax! The hotel room was nice and was always cleaned well.
6 night family trip Feb 3, 2014
Rose A.
"seriously, paradise"
i got to admit - as much as i disliked Patong beach and Phuket town, i fell in love with Thailand through Le Meridien resort. the beach is excellent, the facilities are clean, staff remembers your name, and is very attentive and helpful. breakfast spread has lots of choices.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Olga
"Great Hotel - Private Beach"
Great Hotel Located on Karon Beach Area - a great getaway from the more populated Patong and main Karon beach areas, this large modern hotel located on its private beach with all the amenities. Service was excellant, and the hotel has a very large buffet every morning included that was great. This hotel offers a lot of onsite activities like minigolf, driving range, archery, rockclimgning wall, and water sports, so you never have to go offsite, (even has a guy with a baby elephant walking around the pool) We used this as our R&R stop after a longer tour through SE Asia at in-city hotels and it was great. About a 10 min taxi ride back to Patong beach or Main Karon Beach areas if you want some local flavors. Also most tours to Phi Phi and other islands will pick you up at the hotel. Presently under rennovation on the north half of the hotel, so some of the restauants closed.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Great Hotel For All."
Unfortunatley there was an issue with the air conditioning, which eventually was fixed, and part of the hotel was being renovated at the time my wife and I stayed there. However the noise and inconvenience was minimal. There are two things which made our trip great. First, the staff was exceptional. Guest services help us book day trips, dinners outside the hotel and organized shuttle pickups. Wait staff and room service was fantastic. The second thing that made our stay was the private beach. There was no one to harass you selling trinkets, no loud, over bearing tourists to fighting you for your beach chair or umbrella, etc. The large pool was a great option to the beach. And at 10:30 and 3:30 every day a baby elephant would visit. The food although being a little more expensive than outside the hotel, was tasty and priced ok. My wife and I enjoyed our stay and when we come back, we will only stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Over rated"
LOUD!! Hallway noise was excessive...day and night...kids screaming, vacuums, noise from neighbors next door and above!
3 night trip Mar 23, 2013
Natasha
"I Prefer"
Convinient location but private, nice beach and sunshine. Good for family with kids.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
Quanquan
"Beautiful resort!"
Everything was wonderful at the resort! I did think that the meals at the hotel were overpriced though.
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
"December trip"
Excellent hotel, staff, dining, and location! Highly recommended
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"It was good but now...."
This is my 4th visit to this hotel and each time the quality of service got reduced. I think it will be my last visit.
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
"2 star hotel at the most"
Not a guinuin 5 star hotel or not anymore at least, more like a 2 star hotel. Half the hotel rooms (pool view rooms) have supposidly been renovated (cosmetic coverup is more like it) but you could still see and feel they are old. Hallways are old and smell bad. We changed our room twice (624 & 656) due to very weak water pressure specially in the shower but they were all the same.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012

Outstanding service with great facilities. Breakfast outstanding
7 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Terry
"Fabulous"
It was a wonderful family holiday at the hotel with a private beach facility. Food was exceptionally good. Service was good. Hands off to all the people working there to keep the hospitality exceptionally caring.
3 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
4 night family trip May 10, 2015
Pervez
IN
"Relax hotel"
Nice resort with a large pool directly located on a private beach. Distance from the airport about 1 hour drive and from Phuket about 20 minutes. Quited suroundings. Good restaurants inside.
6 night trip with friends May 6, 2015
Simon
"Ross"
Good vacation location
5 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
ROSS
"Diving base for exploration"
Very good, great service, excellent diving centre, could arrange same day servicing of all my equipment and sent me out on 3 awesome dives
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Exclusive beach makes it the best"
Positives: This is an amazing resort. It is a bit dated but they have remodelled recently, making it like new. The exclusive beach makes it the best in Phuket. The price is high. But well worth it. Room is very clean. Staff are very friendly and courteous. Spa is very good. Swimming pool is great. You can spend all day in the clean beach with soft white sand and blue smooth waters. The buffet breakfast was very tasty and had a big spread. Negatives: Restaurants are pricey. Better to book room including the breakfast. Nothing closeby. You have to take transport to go out. Hotel shuttle to Patong is 100 THB. Should have been free. I made some local calls to a cell phone from the room. The rate is shockingly high.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Sekar
"Impressive and huge resort on the beach"
Loved Le Meridien hotel. This hotel is so big and has its own beach which is a decent size and kept very clean.the pools are amazing and only a few steps from the beach. Valentine the baby elephant comes out to the beach twice a day at 11am and 3 pm. Stays and poses for photos for about an hour. The hotel has everything and we didn't leave it in 4 days. On the beach u can use the canoes for free. There's a company on the beach where u can rent jet skis and snorkels and boogie boards. There's mini golf, table tennis, and billiards downstairs in the bar area. Beautiful and great value if u get a good rate. We loved it and didn't want to leave.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
mary
"Living in paradise"
This resort was lovely had ocean view room 4th floor, private beach beautiful and clear white sand, water sports, massages just off beach cheap, breakfast heaps of choice, close to Patong shuttle bus each way if required, quiet and peaceful, service good and staff very friendly and happy, and to top it off a beautiful elephant comes to visit on beach everyday. Would definitely stay here again lovely resort
6 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Bianchini
"The food was far from 5 star"
It was clean & spacious with a decent private beach that was never crowded, fantastic breakfast selection. It's worst crime was that the food was both substandard and seriously over priced - just not good enough at this level. Because we were exhausted and there was nowhere else within walking distance, we had to eat almost every meal here and it wore seriously thin. We had just come from Indigo Pearl, the most stunning boutique hotel (though food, again, not at the standard they are pricing it at), and Le Meridien had a very generic, chain look to it, despite the grand entrance.Also, the every member off staff you passed at Indigo Pearl had a smile and a greeting whereas the mixed international staff at Le Meridien were a mixed bag with a more detached service which occasionally bordered on indifferent.
6 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Kimberley
"Very nice resort"
Awasome i will be back next year. I will bring my children next year.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Mario
"Great hotel in great location"
Had great holiday , staff all friendly and efficient , only positive comments
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
ray
Wonderful stay great hotel beautiful staff , private beach very clean, food and all resturants very fresh beautifully cooked
Other trip Oct 1, 2014