All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

Great pool
    Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Super place to soak up sunshine;)"
This is an exceptional value. The location is within walking distance to everything I need or want: beach, Boardwalk, restaurants, parks. For someone with OCD, I find it an acceptable and pleasant environment, which says much about its cleanliness. This was my third visit, and I have been just as pleased.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Emily
"A Clean Hotel But Clean up an Attitude!"
Very nice updated hotel, especially the pool and out doors / beach area. Our luggage took a little longer to get to our room but we appreciated the the politeness of the delivery person. Only one small concern…..Cleaning person showed up at 11:50am while we were still packing and indicated to my wife we should be out of the room. My wife politely pointed out to her that our watches and the hotel clock showed 10 minutes before checkout. Neither one of us liked her attitude and felt she was trying to rush in to clean the rooms.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
JOHN
Hotel staff was amazing. They anticipate your needs and were so helpful.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"not so hot. but loved the pool"
We had two rooms When we arrived we were checked into a dirty room Then once again . My kids found hair and dirty towels in the second room and dirty pillows By midnight they changed their room for a third time. that one was ok. They refunded us for that night on that room. But what a Hassel. In our room the shower dripped, the toilet ran, and our pillows were dirty. They promised three timez to bring clean pillows. That never happened. We got sick of asking them Positives Nice clean pool Decent food Excellent complimentary breakfast. It was sometimes hard communicating with the staff due to poor English. I feel the pillows need protectors as well as cases. Not just cases. To avoid people sweating through them. I suggested that.
4 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"its a no no!"
everything extra from room fee really expensive late check out had a charge of 100 dollars late valet parking check out 10 dollars rooms are really small bar staff is not friendly will not stay there again
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
hugo
"Close to the beach"
Hotel in a great location on South beach! Hotel needs a lot of updating rooms are small and beds are very hard!!! Pool area is ok, but there are iguanas every where and this is very uncomfortable!
Other trip May 29, 2015
Natalie
"Nice, small hotel. Nice location!!!"
beautiful hotel !! delicious breakfast, polite staff. Rooms are very small, no refrigerator! good pool area by the pool.
Other trip May 22, 2015
lesya
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I had once stayed at South Seas back in 2007. It was just an okay experience then. I went back because it was strategically placed right by the beach and yet not too far from places. My advice for guests is don't be rude to the receptionist. I got there way too early (@ 7 am) and was hoping that I could check in early. The guy looked annoyed and had made me wait almost an hour before I was even attended to (he was the only guy that morning and there were other guests). As soon as he called me up, he gave me a key and checked me in! That fast. The best part was that he gave me a corner room and it was extremely spacious. You're right there, steps away, from the beach as soon as you pass the pool. If you're a runner, you'll love the run/jog/walk pathway between the hotel and the beach. It's away from the bars of Ocean Drive but not too far if you want to chill at the bars. Will I return? Why not. Hope this helps future guests contemplating. Cons: not so helpful staff, parking is horrible (not to mention valet parking charge $29).
Other trip May 16, 2015
RtS
Nice small hotel in a great position, close to Ocean Drive and everything. The staff is friendly and helpful, the hotel and the rooms very clean, very nice and relaxing pool area, great palm trees garden. The beach chair is $10.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Worst ever!"
Hotel was so bad and nothing like pictured or as described. We checked out immediately to go to another property. Would never recommend to anyone.
3 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Loved it!!"
This was the perfect little hotel to stay in southbeach, best for family with kids, even thoug is not big or too fancy , it was very cute and with a nice pool and hammocks with plenty of shade, the beach access is perfect, and still close to ocean drive! I would definitely go back again!!
Other trip May 8, 2015
Maria
"Great value for the price"
It was a good overall trip, room was clean, spacious... The only thing I found weird was that I had NO refrigerator. But everything else can't complaint... Great back area that leads straight to the beach.
2 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
Carlos
"Nice hotel close to the beach, great pool."
Beautiful area, perfect for a walk to lincoln road mall, the beach, or a 15minute walk to ocean drive where the real fun lies. The rooms are not the best nor is the television and the elevators are small. Service is great friendly staff throughout the hotel. Location is definitely the best thing about this hotel!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Just the right size..."
I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years and remain satisfied. Guests are mostly Europeans or South Americans, staff speaks Spanish. Great location a block from Lincoln Road, has nice clean pool area with reasonably priced food and drinks available in a shaded eating area or served poolside; the pool is next to a hammock area that fronts right on the beach. Although the front desk warns you, first floor can be a bit noisy in the morning after breakfast starts if other guests have big mouths running down the hall...
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Caesar
"great hotel for the price"
friendly service, Limited amenities, direct access to the beach, clean rooms, great continental breakfast, Art Deco style, will recommend to anyone
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
william
"GENERAL OVERVIEW"
THE HOTEL IS DATED SO THINGS LIKE DAMP SHEETS FROM HUMIDITY IS TO BE EXPECTED. CLEANLINESS IS LIMITED BY THE AGE OF THE FACILITY. SHEETS HAD A STAIN ON THEM, NOT DIRTY BUT STAINED. A COUPLE OF TOWELS AND EVEN A DINNER NAPKIN ALSO STAINED. NOTHING CRAZY BUT STILL NOT FOR PUBLIC USE. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWN AWAY. THE CAFE/BAR AREA WAS GOOD AND COMFORTABLE. THE FOOD (PIZZA AND SALAD)WAS TASTY. THE FREE BREAKFAST WAS AN OK FILLER. SCRAMBLED EGGS, INEDIBLE SAUSAGE, HOME FRIES OK, TOAST AND OATMEAL AVAILABLE. OJ AND TEA/COFFEE. BUFFET STYLE SO FOOD CAN SUFFER A LITTLE FROM THAT. FREE SO NOT SO BAD. THE BUFFET UPSTAIRS IN THE RESTAURANT IS $26. WAY TOO MANY OTHER PLACES FOR HALF THE MONEY. DO NOT GET THE PINA COLADA. NO ALCOHOL. AT LEAST THE HAPPY HOUR VERSION. STICK WITH THE $6 BEERS. THE POOL AND THE GROUNDS OUT BACK WERE VERY NICE AND COMFORTABLE. BEACH CHAIRS AND UMBRELLA WILL COST YOU $30 PER DAY. AND CASH! CHAIRS SHOULD BE FREE. THE LOCATION IS PERFECT FOR RESTAURANTS AND SHOPPING. EXCEPT FOR THE STAFF AT CHECK IN, ONE GENTLEMAN AT THE POOL AREA AND ONE GIRL AT THE BAR, THE REST OF THE STAFF COULDN'T HAVE CARED LESS IF YOU WERE A GUEST. NOT FRIENDLY, NOT CONCERENED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. THE PLACE IS GOOD FOR $150 PER NIGHT. NEVER SHOULD IT BE MORE.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"PLEASEING EXPERIENCE!!!"
This Boutique Hotel in the Heart of South Beach, Miami hit the spot for a restful stay with many options to enjoy!!! Thanks for everything!!!!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Small rooms"
The hotel is Close to the beach but rooms are awful: small with no light
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
aigue marine
It was a good experience but we could not sleep too well due to the old air conditioning noise and a bit too small the room but it has a great location.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
This hotel was amazing! By far the best hotel my family and I have ever stayed at. It was very clean and the hotel staff was so friendly! The hotel is so close to the beach, has a beautiful view, and has a very nice pool. The hotel even serves a continental breakfast in the morning. It is right on the street of many shops which is very convenient. It also is very close to a variety of different restaurants that were great. We loved it so much there, we decided to come back again! I highly recommend this to everyone. South Seas is an ideal hotel.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
mira
"I felt closets phobic"
The room was way too small for the price. A/C filters clogged, dirty and recycling the dust and vents were also filthy in the bathroom. The hotel looks nice but not worth the money. Staff not friendly..they fail to mention that hotel parking is 4 blocks away
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Good for what we paid"
Definitely outdated butthe staff was super friendly. Our room looked into the hotel next door and always felt dark. Hated that! Felt like we were in a prison cell. The food and drinks were overpriced but the location you cant beat. It's in a perfect spot on the boardwalk. Quieter and safer area that was super close to the beach. Overall a nice place, just wished I could have seen daylight from my window. Front desk ladies were so nice!!!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
aimee
"Nice Miami Beach art deco boutique hotel"
Liked the location. We rented a car and the valet staff was very helpful with that service. The back of the hotel is the best with the lovely pool and bar staff and hammocks and even the very entertaining Iguana's. There is a locked gate with a code that goes straight out to the beach & a "brick" boardwalk where we enjoyed renting bikes and riding this walk for miles. The room was clean but furniture & curtains little old and the a/c was having to work the whole time - rather warm during the day. The continental breakfast was very good each morning and the bar staff made excellent drinks.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Vicki
"Ubication is ok. But hotel needs a complete remode"
Too old furnoture too old windows. Too noicy Not fancy at all. Will never come back.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Hans
This is not a fancy hotel, but you cannot beat its location with direct access to the beach and the South Beach "boardwalk", and central location within South Beach. It has a lovely pool area, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I really like this hotel.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Horrible Time"
Wasn't what we expected. Expedia gave us a hard time to switch hotels, never switched us. Slept at our friends hotel the whole trip. Leak in our room ceiling, faucet dripping, dirty room, windows to room next to us was boarded up. The hotel manager didn't do anything to accommodate our stay. Will no longer book through Expedia and definitely will not stay at the South Seas ever again!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
V. R.
Great location.. Staff very friendly... Excellent food. Hotel needs a little tlc. Overall very good
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"We will back ... can't wait!"
We loved South Seas and look forward to going back. The hotel is typical Art Deco and is older but very clean. The hotel pool and beach access are great. The Staff is very helpful. The breakfast is rather plain but adequate. Their are many options to choose other eating locations. Parking with tip is $30 but parking in South Beach is hard to find. The bed were very comfortable and the in-house bar was a great place to gather. Can't wait to return!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Deborah
"On the Beach"
This is an older hotel. The rooms are clean but need some upgrading. The free breakfast is good and the lunch menu is tasty. the reason I selected this hotel was because it was directly on the beach. IF you are not going to stay in the room that much this is a good place to be. It is in walking distance to Lincoln Ave. which is a pedestrian walkway with many restaurants and shops. Overall a descent place to stay.
3 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"Good position"
Small room facing a wall 10 ft away. Even tinier bathroom. Walls thin - could hear every conversation and people tramping above ceiling. No fridge. Breakfast is a drink out of a thermos flask and largely inedible. Try and find a seat to eat (we sat at the bar but did not bother on day 2). Surly staff
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Arthur
"nice location"
hotel was "fine", food in restaurant was very good. Rooms are very dated, beds were like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. Nice and convenient access to beach as well as Lincoln Ave area. Not extremely clean but what is clean south of Mason Dixon line?
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
scott
"Sanctuary in the Midst of Chaos"
Right in the heart of South Beach. Quiet hotel with beautiful pool area right on Beach. Loved the fact that it is not one of those loud, crowded hotels.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Stay here for the location and pool/beach but else"
The good: Location, location, location; pool; free breakfast; cleanliness The bad: Hotel ambiance; Room size and room amenities
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Lynda
The rug in our room was never vacuumed. It had stuff on it when we got there and the same stuff when we left.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Noisy"
Outdated,noisy,carpet replacement on the same floor,uneatable breakfast,overpriced.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Otto
"Perfect location grounds and excellent staff"
Close to Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. Full complimentary breakfast, friendly staff. Beautiful pools, grounds and private beach area.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Smokey
"Major disappointment"
I chose this hotel based on the pictures & description of it's lovely beach side courtyard. That's where the charm of this place ends. The facilities were shotty at best, the amenities were non-existent (not even a working ice machine) and it was incredibly noisy our entire stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"South Beach Getaway"
This was our second visit to this lovely hotel, and we will surely be back! It's quaint and comfortable, with a very 50's-60's charming atmosphere. Our favorite spot is the garden of hammocks between the hotel pool and the beach, where you can lounge and sway to your heart's content.
1 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Lloyd
"Two day stopover in Miami"
After 3 weeks in Cuba the South Seas was an island of delight. The pool and beach acces is wonderfully, even the restaurant was good. The front desk staff was fantastically welcoming, and helpful. The rooms were clean and well appointed. A little refreshing of the hallways would make first impressions better (dark carpeting, service carts in halls 24/7.industrial at best) We enjoyed our stay, and it's a close walk to Joe's Stone Crab RestUrants! Yummmm, don't miss it. Only open November to May...
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Lyne
"clean, right on the beach"
they let us extend our check-out time which was very helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Relaxtimes"
Good
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
hilba
"Roach Motel"
Extremely dirty and old. Dirty sheets. Paper thin towels. Oh and I woke up to a COCKROACH in the room. When I went to tell the front desk, all she could tell me is that I should watch out because they FLY. Real comforting. Worst experience of my life. BEWARE!!!!!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Allyson
"nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice older hotel close to the beach and walking distance ocean drive. Staff friendly and helpful. Great poolside bar and restaurant, good food and friendly staff.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
jim
The hotel was a wonderful location, excellent restaurant and extremely clean. Lovely staff made it a great stay.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Hotel Staff"
On the first day, restaurant's staff was in bad mood. I was so disappointed. But the other days' staffs were nice. Totally, I like the restaurant.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Access to Miami beach, but too old and humid"
This hotel lies just next to the beach, great view. However, it's really not wise to choose to stay on weekends regarding to the rate and condition. Excellent location though.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Don't be fooled by the pictures..."
We expected so much better. Upon arrival, everything was fine, except that the hotel really needs a renovation. In fact, we'd booked in a better hotel but the hotel didn't have complimentary breakfast. So we cancelled and reserved with the South Seas instead. The breakfast was TERRIBLE. The eggs were terrible, potatoes weren't cooked properly and the sausage was just plain uneatable... It smelled bad and looked even worse... But that's not the worst... They had the SAME BREAKFAST EVERYDAY. We stayed for ten days, after a week we'd go to IHOP for breakfast. The surcharge for the parking was 29$ a day, which we found very expensive. The staff was okay, unprofessional at times, but would always provide us with what we needed and were always nice. Although very disappointing, the rooms were clean and the cleaning staff were exceptionally nice. The hotel smelled bad, which they attempted to cover up with some perfume at the entrance of the hotel...
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"good hotel but not fancy"
Overall we had a good experience. The only negative points are: -breakfast: very cheap -rooms: the carpets are smelly. I understand that this is an old hotel and it is trying to keep the spirit of art deco alive but the smell of the carpet is terrible. We had to buy a scented candle to kill the unpleasant odor.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Salvatore
Nice breakfast, pool and proximity to the beach facilities are impressive. Parking is valet, do understand cause of location. Had good experience, would chose again if given a chance.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Rough around the edges!"
Rooms are clean but very rough at the edges. Years and years of paint over old paint, dinged doors and door frames. It felt more like a youth hostel. Our room at the front on Collins was VERY noisy from the music across the street to the trash dumpster being hauled away @ 6am. The noise criticism is not directed at the hotel rather a message NOT to take a front room.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014