All hotels in El Cerrito, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here6009 Potrero Ave, El Cerrito, CA, 94530, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"OK hotel in a run down neighborhood"
Hotel and room were ok, as expected. In kind of a bad neighborhood with an old warehouse/abandoned building view from the window.
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Happy"
Staff are friendly room are comfortable the only problem there's no shampoo and conditioner to use only soap and I don't use soap to my hair sorry
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Susana
"Good place"
attractive comfortable, clean room with hair drier, microwave, fridge, free internet access, washable cover over the comforters, attractive and clean free breakfast area, easy free parking. The bed was firmer than I prefer. We smelled cigarette smoke coming from the 1st floor rooms near the elevator. The elevator smelled like urine. Friendly front desk. Great price for a room only. It doesn't have a gym, pool, or hot tub. I would absolutely choose it again for the price and quality of the room itself.
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Ok, but not great."
Our stay was fine. The room has some repairs needed. Everything was clean. We like the Bart access. It was within walking distance so we could leave the car. We would say there again.
3 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Joshua
"Mr"
The only issue I had was that the floors where to thin and could hear every step and bump from upstairs. It was hard for me to get a good night sleep
4 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
maurice
"This Mirage is no Oasis"
This hotel was booked for a simple overnight stay. The description states that "You’ll be charged by the hotel shortly after making your booking". That is inaccurate. The CC info was supplied at the time of booking but was never billed. Then I was denied the room when I arrived as the reservation was made on a company card that I don't carry with me. The Management had me call my company so they could have forms signed and copies of cards and ID's sent. A huge pain in the behind. The isn't nice enough to make me put up with this headache in order to return.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"3 Stars"
it was nice
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"A weekend stay to visit family and friends"
The location of this hotel is why we chose it because it is right on the intersection of Hwy 580 and 80 and we have family to visit in the East Bay and North Bay. Yet it waS not noisy and you do not hear freeway traffic. Price is reasonable for SFO Bay Area and the room was big and lighting super. There was a sitting couch with coffee table so you don't have to sit on the bed. Breakfast was basic.
2 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
gerri
"Good hotel for the rate"
If you need to stay in he Berkeley area and don't mind driving 20 minutes to get there due to heavy traffic, this hotel is an option. It's very close to a main highway but I didn't hear much of the traffic. Staff is friendly, room was comfortable and clean. I think it was worth 80 dollars a day but I not more.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Geraldine
"Convenient, clean and comfortable..."
The hotel is in a great location for my business purposes. I stay here every time I come to this area.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
Joan
"mira vista"
Friendly staff room was always ready good for the price.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"Freeway on and off"
Enjoyed myself with my service dog. Hotel as a whole very clean. Room walls need some painting and scrubbing. Wall light to bathroom show signs of drips which wasn't pleasant when entering bathroom knowing you had to use light switch (room 203). Loved the clean smell when you entered hotel. I will stay their again.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
yolunda
"Very convenient"
We have stayed at this facility about three or four times now. It is very convenient to going both into North Berkeley and Berkeley/Oakland, or up to Marin County. While it isn't the fanciest or newest, it is clean, accommodating, and pleasant. We have been placed on the north side, so don't get any freeway noise. I don't know what the other side is like.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Better than expected for the price"
My husband and I stayed here while visiting family nearby. It was definitely better than I would have expected for the price. It was basically clean and safe. My only complaint would be about noise--oddly enough, not from outside (it is near the freeway), but from other guests--noise seemed to carry a little too well through the corridors and between rooms. Okay, maybe that could happen at any hotel. And it was more of an annoyance than a major problem. Overall--definitely worth the price and yes, I would stay here again.
6 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Will stay here again."
Totally adequate accommodation. Friendly helpful staff. The coffee was good, the bedding and pillows were fine. I would have preferred more luxurious towels, but the hotel totally hit my expectations given the price point.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
It is very nice to stay. Clean bath, new TV
5 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"No longer recommend.."
Requested a non-smoking room, room smelled like cigarette smoke. Desk clerk refused to move us. Phone did not work, replacement phone smelled like cigarette smoke. Very difficult time understanding non-English speaking desk clerk. Will never stay here again. (I have stayed here multiple times in the past.)
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Unless you like cigarette smoke, don't stay here."
Arrived to hotel early, room was not ready, lobby smelled of smoke. I returned at 3:30 and was able to check in. Was on 2nd floor, refrigerator was dirty, opened microwave, it smelled of burnt popcorn and has popcorn oil residue inside of it. I cleaned that with a damp towel(easily) which let me know the cleaning was none to good. The bed slept firm, but if I didn't keep the window open, the smell of smoke was everpresent. My last 2 days was a bad storm, but the stairs remained dirty even though staff had ample time to clean.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Maribeth
"2 night stay"
better value than hotels I have stayed in Berkley. Only complaint was the breakfast buffet opened about 15 minutes later than their posted start time. Buffet is limited based on most other hotels.
2 night family trip Dec 8, 2014
Hotel staff were courteous, helpful and professional. Property condition was fair. Location was fair. Room condition was disappointing, based on other reviews and pictures. Toilet flush valve twist tie snapped morning of departure. Restroom floor tiles and base tile were not grouted in place and loose. Price was great, Hvac was great, having a microwave and fridge was great.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Howie
Everything it was great, and I would recommend the hotel to a friend , two thumbs up
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Fabian
"Good location for the right price!"
Had a few days in the area for personal business and returned to this hotel because of it's location, staff and cleanliness! I'll stay here each time I'm in the area...
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Joan
"Clean, simple yet accommodating"
Room was clean. Surrounding area is filthy. Flat Screen yet reception and clarity is horrible. Service was adequate.
3 night trip Nov 18, 2014
richard r
"Great for what it is"
Clean a little loud but a good value
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
edmond
"Decent hotel near FWY"
We stayed for two nights. Hotel staff was nice, room was clean, breakfast was ok (Only if they would offer protien; eggs and sauage, breakfast would be good). Lighting was okay..(rooms can use bit more lighting) Beds were good, matress was firm.. enough pillows. Room has ironing board, iron, refrigerator, microwave, small coffee maker, Alarm, TV.. closet space is limited, but, therr is a media chest with drawers. Wifi connection was decent..didnt encounter any problems. Overall decent hotel to stay in. $/night was $99.00. Would stay again if needed
"Review of Mira Vista"
Great location. Easy access to freeway but &not noisy. Room was good size with a sitting sofa. Lighting was adequate. WIFI worked fine. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was roomy and clean with plenty of hot water. Carpet and fixture kind of dated but accceptable. Bring your own towels and soap if you don't want two small thin towels and soap that was so thin that it broke into 2 when removed from the wrapper. Breakfast was frozen Eggo, cereal and packaged sweet rolls. TV had some great channels free from advertising which was unusual in motels.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Place was OK"
Place was okay. But neighborhood was kind of far from everything. Didnt feel really secure of my surroundings.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Convienant location"
We were a little unsure about the neighborhood but didn't end up having any issues. There is a Bart station & Safeway within walking distance although I don't know if I'd walk it alone. Freeway access is convienient. Rooms were clean, bed was comfy & had a refrigerator. Only complaint really was our bathroom was dated, but everything was clean.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
My family enjoyed our short stay at Mira Vista. It was a great price and the room was super clean. Aesthetically the room was very pleasing. We didn't care too much for the over priced room service. Although, the food was delivered quickly.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Irene
"Not too bad"
Only stayed here for one night and I would probably stay here again if I just needed a quick place to stay for the night. The price is good and the place is nice enough. The A/C wasn't working in our room but the guy came right away and got it working so not a big deal.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
This is my second on time The breakfast was too poor First time was better
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Alfonso
"Super 8/Motel 6 typical "ok" quality"
Simple and kinda clean. For the price and location was a good stay, but don't expect great service and room.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Denis
I stayed September 2014 for a conference in San Francisco. Reasonable rates, comfy room, good A/C options, lotsa TV channels, continental breakfast (on the 2nd floor), walk to BART, three restaurant options for breakfast just 1-3 blocks away… My one complaint would probably be that the Wifi was so slow it was unusable for me. Otherwise, good stay for the price, recommended!
4 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Very run down, kind of sketch neighborhood"
I had high hopes for this location thanks to all the positive reviews, and maybe I'm too picky but I was shocked at how many people said this was a nice, safe location. The hotel itself is very run down, lots of signs of wear and tear within the rooms and just an overall old feeling. I wouldn't really mind that if the price was cheaper, but since I was paying over $100/night it was annoying. That and the neighborhood does not feel very safe. I arrived late at night and once I got into my room I could hear yelling and people stomping around down the hallway. The one positive is both the guy who checked me in and the woman who checked me out were both very friendly, so customer service is a plus. But overall it was a pretty mediocre stay, I was only there for one night and was staying in the area for work so I wasn't there to enjoy myself anyway, but I would avoid this location if I needed to stay in this area in the future.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
"Probably will not be here again"
The neighborhood was creepy and the desk staff was rude. The room was great and clean but it was too far out from the city and I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car in the parking lot over night.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to public transit and freeway."
Comfortable bed. Laundry and elevator were both out of order. Continental breakfast was adequate. Free parking was a bonus especially in San Francisco. Overall good value for what we paid. The BART was only a few blocks away. We were able to take the first train out at 4:20am to get to Pier 33 to secure tickets to see Alcatraz Island.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jo
"Clean and Basic"
Hotel is in a rather poor location and neighborhood but is clean and the service was good.
6 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"A nice surprise"
Considering the location, I didn't expect how well taken care it was. Neat, clean, and tasteful
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"This is a nice Motel."
My room was clean and decorated nicely, the staff was nice and helpful. I did not have my cell phone wire to charge my cell phone and they were able to provide me with one to use. I was grateful for that as I truly needed a certain size plug-in for my cell phone. I also needed assistance for a taxi and they called one for me. I would recommend this motel.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Jo
"Convenient"
Mexican staff is asewome, room condition clean and confort able
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Ignacio
"Trip Back to the Neighborhood"
Wonderful stay at the SUPER 8 , very Friendly service and room was very very comfortable.. will stay the next time were in town !!
2 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
Robb M
"OK if you can stand chemical cleaner smell."
Pros: secure layout, coffee OK, breakfast room had lots of space and was on second floor, elevator to get stuff upstairs, firm mattress, easy to operate alarm clock radio. Cons: Most places where I have stayed in this price range have had some kind of cleaner smell, but this one was overwhelming, both in the common areas and in the room. I did acclimate to it and couldn't notice it after 10 or so minutes, but after going outside, it hit me again. Not enough outlets near the bed. I need to use a sleep apnea machine which plugs in. I also bring my own high sound quality radio to listen to as I fall asleep. The only duplex outlet by the bed was filled with the lamp and the clock radio plugs. The lamp had an outlet in the base, which I used for my sleep apnea machine so I was one outlet short. I had to plug in the radio opposite to the foot of the bed, and was worried that the extra volume might bother neighbors. Desk chair provided tipped backwards very easily and I had to perch carefully to keep from falling backwards. Air conditioner/heater instructions were worn off and it was difficult to figure out how to turn on the air conditioner.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
LB
"Safe n friendly"
The whole team is nice n friendly. Location is just right for my trip. Safe n close to Bart station.
11 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Wendy
I like this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. I will choose this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
overall good experience.
4 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Room had maintenance issues, worst of which was smoke alarm going off in middle of the night with low battery signal!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Lacking basic amenities - even for a two-star hote"
While the front desk staff are nice, certain amenities I have come to expect in every class of hotel were lacking. Specifically, there was shampoo but no conditioner. Weird. The beds were some of the least comfortable I have had in a hotel - course sheets and flattened pillows. The internet was intermittent at best. They clearly have very little bandwidth to share. The room was clean, though.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
close to the BART; neighbor was OK; bed was a little too soft for my liking-I would stay their agan
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Todd
"Cheap decent hotel"
It was a typical super 8. Had the 2 star hotel smell. Yet room was pretty clean and the bed was decent. The hotel building itself felt a bit old but it was alright. One negative thing about this hotel would be the sign in front of the hotel. The sign said, some material used in this hotel contains a substance that is known to cause cancer or birth defect. The sign seemed to be from California government and not sure how strict the criteria for one building to get the sign. (I am from out of CA) But I felt very uncomfortable staying at the hotel once I see the sign, since I was travelling with my pregnant wife.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"It smelled really bad in the room"
I smelled really bad in the room we had to keep the window open the whole time and breakfast was a joke
Other trip Jul 19, 2014