All hotels in El Cerrito, California, United States of America
6009 Potrero Ave, El Cerrito, CA, 94530, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Probably will not be here again"
The neighborhood was creepy and the desk staff was rude. The room was great and clean but it was too far out from the city and I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car in the parking lot over night.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to public transit and freeway."
Comfortable bed. Laundry and elevator were both out of order. Continental breakfast was adequate. Free parking was a bonus especially in San Francisco. Overall good value for what we paid. The BART was only a few blocks away. We were able to take the first train out at 4:20am to get to Pier 33 to secure tickets to see Alcatraz Island.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jo
"Clean and Basic"
Hotel is in a rather poor location and neighborhood but is clean and the service was good.
6 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"A nice surprise"
Considering the location, I didn't expect how well taken care it was. Neat, clean, and tasteful
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"This is a nice Motel."
My room was clean and decorated nicely, the staff was nice and helpful. I did not have my cell phone wire to charge my cell phone and they were able to provide me with one to use. I was grateful for that as I truly needed a certain size plug-in for my cell phone. I also needed assistance for a taxi and they called one for me. I would recommend this motel.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Jo
"Convenient"
Mexican staff is asewome, room condition clean and confort able
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Ignacio
"Trip Back to the Neighborhood"
Wonderful stay at the SUPER 8 , very Friendly service and room was very very comfortable.. will stay the next time were in town !!
2 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
Robb M
"OK if you can stand chemical cleaner smell."
Pros: secure layout, coffee OK, breakfast room had lots of space and was on second floor, elevator to get stuff upstairs, firm mattress, easy to operate alarm clock radio. Cons: Most places where I have stayed in this price range have had some kind of cleaner smell, but this one was overwhelming, both in the common areas and in the room. I did acclimate to it and couldn't notice it after 10 or so minutes, but after going outside, it hit me again. Not enough outlets near the bed. I need to use a sleep apnea machine which plugs in. I also bring my own high sound quality radio to listen to as I fall asleep. The only duplex outlet by the bed was filled with the lamp and the clock radio plugs. The lamp had an outlet in the base, which I used for my sleep apnea machine so I was one outlet short. I had to plug in the radio opposite to the foot of the bed, and was worried that the extra volume might bother neighbors. Desk chair provided tipped backwards very easily and I had to perch carefully to keep from falling backwards. Air conditioner/heater instructions were worn off and it was difficult to figure out how to turn on the air conditioner.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
LB
"Safe n friendly"
The whole team is nice n friendly. Location is just right for my trip. Safe n close to Bart station.
11 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Wendy
I like this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. I will choose this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
overall good experience.
4 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Room had maintenance issues, worst of which was smoke alarm going off in middle of the night with low battery signal!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Lacking basic amenities - even for a two-star hote"
While the front desk staff are nice, certain amenities I have come to expect in every class of hotel were lacking. Specifically, there was shampoo but no conditioner. Weird. The beds were some of the least comfortable I have had in a hotel - course sheets and flattened pillows. The internet was intermittent at best. They clearly have very little bandwidth to share. The room was clean, though.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
close to the BART; neighbor was OK; bed was a little too soft for my liking-I would stay their agan
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Todd
"Cheap decent hotel"
It was a typical super 8. Had the 2 star hotel smell. Yet room was pretty clean and the bed was decent. The hotel building itself felt a bit old but it was alright. One negative thing about this hotel would be the sign in front of the hotel. The sign said, some material used in this hotel contains a substance that is known to cause cancer or birth defect. The sign seemed to be from California government and not sure how strict the criteria for one building to get the sign. (I am from out of CA) But I felt very uncomfortable staying at the hotel once I see the sign, since I was travelling with my pregnant wife.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"It smelled really bad in the room"
I smelled really bad in the room we had to keep the window open the whole time and breakfast was a joke
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
dawn
"Excellent Stay"
Excellent three nights, staff were very helpful and obliging. Room was lovely, large bed, settee, relaxing area plus desk and appropriate chair. Wifi always easy to access, Shops, Restaurants locally, near the Railway Station for travel to San Francisco on the Bart Line, good place to stay. Sanjay, the Manager was very helpful with local knowledge, Thank You
4 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Ethel Mortenson
"Comfortable rooms, nice firm queen beds"
Comfortable stay at a very convenient location. Very happy with the firm beds (my husband slept better here than at an upscale Hilton hotel in SF city), although the pillow cases were a little scratchy. Next to the I-80 entrance and a 5 minute walk to the Del Norte BART station, Safeway, gas station and restaurants. Our boys loved the waffles for the continental breakfast. We used to live in a nice apartment 3 blocks away. Ii like the fact that it's close to Berkeley and a 45 minute drive to SF in a pretty safe location. Across the highway overpass are well-tended homes.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
planner mom
"Freeway and BART Train location"
Per those that stood there, it went well and front desk was accomodating. I booked a band to stay there, as to location of event they were performing at. All in all were satisfied. Will keep this location in mind for visitors and or overnight business needs / stays. BART to San Francisco was additional convenience and not hassle with the traffic. Just 2 plus blocks to train station. Some eateries nearby hotel as well.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Kentara
"An Excellent Choice In East Bay"
We wanted a place that was within walking distance of a BART Station so we could train into San Francisco for a MLB Giants Game. This worked out perfectly. We stayed at the Super 8 Tuesday Night, and walked to the BART Station Wednesday Morning. The hotel had no problem with us leaving our car there until Wednesday Evening when we drove home after the game. The management was very accommodating in every respect.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great for the price"
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom fan was incredibly noisy and a couple of the lights didn't work. The hotel staff were very friendly and there was a Carrows restaurant right across the street. Overall it was fine for an overnight stay and we would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Cory M.
"Best for the location"
Suprisenly quiet and comfortable. Includes light breakfast. 3 restaurants just across the street: IHOP, Carrows, and Dennys.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Mr Shay Engineer
"Much improved"
This location is very convenient to family. The motel is clearly in the process of being upgraded. New floors, new paint, comfortable beds. Not luxury, but comfortable and convenient. The room comes wit a continental breakfast, and three full service breakfast restaurants are in easy walking distance if you want more.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
KC
"Way better than expected!"
The room was very clean and quiet. I caught up on a lot of sleep here. I was very pleased with my stay.
4 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
"Good and getting better"
Great price, especially for location. The motel is being spruced up, although current condition is good.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the Bay"
The stay was satisfactory. The check-in was efficient able to handle our special circumstances. The manager (Sanjay Burathoki) was outstanding. Very competent and deferential to the guests. I was impressed with his ability to deal tactfully and capably with demanding hotel guests. I think his attention made our whole two days enjoyable.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
Rickertsen
"easy to access the BART system."
Breakfast was enough to start the day. Flat screen TV's with good channel selection was great. Room was ready and clean each day after coming back for the night. Overall good place at not a lot of money for the area.
8 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
Bob L.
"Best Super 8"
I usually hesitate before staying at Super 8's because they are inconsistent; however this location was just what we needed. It was the best decision. Great service, comfortable modern room. We did notice a needed repair in the room and just mentioned it at the desk. When we came back that night - it had been repaired. We didn't see what breakfast looked like, but with a fridge in the room we didn't need it. If we ever return to the area we will definitely stay there again!.
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
Theresa
"good."
Facilities are good. Has microwave and some other useful things.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Jing
"SAN FRAN FUN"
We only stayed one night in this hotel. It was lovely. Check in was quick and easy. The gentlemen at the front desk welcomed us. Our room was clean. The place looked completely remodeled and modern. And I stayed at a super 8 the nights before, so I had something to compare it to. The neighborhood was a bit eerie, but all we needed was the park and ride BART station which was conveniently located a few blocks away. The only thing was that our room did not get cleaned even after we had indicated that we wanted a cleaning by flipping the door knob sign. Breakfast was pleasant as it was in a separate room and it had variety. The woman at the desk the day of check out was friendly as well.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
Briceyda
"Close to must-see sights"
Fairly easy to reach the "Rosie the Riveter" Museum and Memorial. Don't miss talking to the "Rosies." Richmond Museum worth a visit too.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Towels cut in half"
I found it extremely weird that the towels seemed to be half towels. As if they were cut in half. Clever way to save money. Not ideal for someone who wants to have a shower and wrap up in a towel afterwards.
5 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
Roshelle
"off the freeway"
it was o.k........good price...room kinda stunk.....small breakfast choices
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
shane
"awesome room but poor service"
Rooms are well decorated and has new modern furnishing with large LED tv. I stayed there for 5 days and didnt eat breakfast there so I wouldnt be able to comment on it. However the service could be alot better. The manager was not welcoming, friendly or talkative like people in hotel management business should be. He would only nod to give any answers. I think if they get the front desk staff to be more cheerful and friendly they would be the finest motel 8 I've ever been to.
7 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
asmit patel
"Comfortable"
In town for only a few days, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Met our needs.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Great value"
So, you know it's one of the least expensive around and for that its a great deal. My room (110) was clean, well maintained, with comfy beds. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The neighborhood is kinda ghetto but safe enough to walk around at night. Brekky is typical carb overload and the coffee is tasty.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"Front desk agent"
When I checked the front desk agent was very rude. When I asked for extra towels he gave problems saying that I haven't used the towels that were already in the room. Then in the room it smelled but we couldn't check out. I would never stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Averil
"Good stay"
Pillows were a little hard, but can not beat it for the price.
3 night trip Nov 18, 2013
"Basic lodging."
This is basic lodging for short duration (1 to 2) nights stay. My room was clean and well maintained. Bedding (sheets, blanket & cover) & towels were freshly laundered. I was offered free internet access, a large flat screen TV and free local cable channel programing. Traffic noise was minimal even though the building is 150 feet from the I-80 Fwy. Reasonable food choices are within a short drive & staff was well informed to give directions. I would consider staying at this site again should I need to return to the Berkeley area for business.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"rude staff"
the place is a dump and rude staff
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2013
"The reviews are misleading"
It's located in a very bad area, which creates noise all night. The heater didn't work. At least it seemed clean, but I wouldn't ever stay again.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
"smoke rises"
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE ONE FLOOR FOR SMOKEING, YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT SMOKE RISES AND PUT THE SMOKEING ON THE TOP FLOOR. OPEN WINDOWS AND TURN ON HEATER YOU WILL BE FINE.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2013
BOB
I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back. Nice staff!!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Comfortable and cheap"
We stayed here two nights. Both check-in and check-out were quick and simple, and the staff was friendly. This is probably the cleanest Super 8 I've ever stayed at - the bedroom and bathroom were spotless, and the shower was really nice. We stayed in a room with two queen beds, with a window that faced the adjacent building. The room was quiet - no noise from outside even though there is a highway and a busy local street nearby. The beds were not the softest I've stayed in, but I had no problems falling asleep either night. Other amenities included flat screen tv, free wifi and breakfast, a little reading nook with a sofa, heat lamp in the bathroom. The third floor was entirely smoke-free. Especially for the price (~ $90/night on a weekend), this was a super deal. Both BART (El Cerrito del Norte stop) and the bus (AC Transit) system are within a two block walk, which was convenient because BART was on strike during our stay. Hotels in Berkeley were more than twice the cost and you get a lot less - for example, the rooms at the Berkeley Super 8 are half the size and not nearly as nice. Save your money and take public transit from this hotel rather than staying in Berkeley (it's just two BART stops away). We had only one small problem - the bathroom fan stopped working. However, the front desk attendant came up right away and fixed the problem within ten minutes. Great job!
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Close to BART and downtown Berkeley"
Was seeing a show in downtown Berkeley and stayed here. A short walk to the BART station and a 10 minute train ride to downtown Berkeley. I would definitely stay here again for a show at the Greek.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"In comparison to Travelodge Berkeley"
I was quite surprised with my 2 (queen) bed room @ this hotel. I'm a bit of a snob elitist when it comes to hotels. I pre-judged this hotel coz' of the Super 8 name. But I was TOTALLY wrong. First off, it's an easy access off the freeway which was definitely a plus since I have to drive to UC Berkeley the whole weekend. The rooms are spacious enough & clean. The bed was firm & had a pleasant sleep. The walls are a bit thin but other than that, I would definitely book this hotel again, for certain. Also, the continental breakfast was pretty good. Overall, I would say that it's not bad @ all.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
July
"It was fine"
Good location near BART station, further from UC than I expected, not a good walking neighborhood, ran out of coffee in the lobby, parking was fine.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Acceptable but a little overpriced"
Convenient location right off the 80 fwy. Room is not as shown in the ad; there is no separate area or sofa. Facility is old. Breakfast is standard continental. Overall mediocre for the price.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"It worked well."
Overall this hotel is a good deal for the money. I was disappointed that there was no laundry facility though. The room was clean and comfortable. Most importantly there were no strange odors. I've certainly stayed in better places, but I've also stayed in much worse. It is just a short walk to the BART station and there are places to eat nearby.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Stay was pleasant. Close to BART. Went to SF for GIants games.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013