All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
400 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"first time to california"
We spent one night. Hotel was great. Hotel restaurant was expensive but also great. The fire pit was pretty cool. The downtown was not very happening but it was a short walk away. I stayed here with my two kids and husband and they had a great time here. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
SpringVacation
"Twentieth Anniversary"
Our 20th anniversary was extra special by staying here. Every employee we came in contact with had a smile, friendly gesture, and offered help. The king size bed was among the most comfortable we've ever experienced. Walking into our room each evening with the bed turned down, chocolates, and soft music playing was an unexpected, yet lovely touch. From the room service, to our view, to location, this was a trip to remember with great fondness.
3 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"The Extra Mile"
We stayed at this hotel for our trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the location was great. The one thing that I appreciated the most was that when they staff came in to clean the rooms, they made the beds up and included my sons pillow and blanket in the mix.. Its those extra special touches that I like. Also, you were able to purchase aquarium tickets there, the restaurant was very good and valet was professional. I work in the hospitality industry so I always pay attention to extra details. This hotel was excellent!
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Dawn
"Great location!"
Nice hotel but a little pricey
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Claudia
"Comfort, convenience, and full service"
This hotel offers all the conveniences of a resort experience at less than what you would pay in some resort locations. For example, we needed to arrive a distant restaurant for dinner reservations and the hotel took us their in their Range Rover "shuttle." The hotel is located in a beautiful and convenient spot. We enjoyed our stay tremendously--heartily recommended.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Convenient location, good restaurant facilities."
No complaints: restful seaside resort, beautiful location with lots of nice amenities.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great Monterey Bay Hotel"
This hotel is in a perfect location on the water in between the wharf and Cannery Row. The facility has gorgeous views from the rooms as well as the lobby and restaurant and common areas.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Howard
"Beautiful quiet hotel"
I was very pleased with my stay. The coffee house, room service, and staff were amazing. Valet was very fast. The sauna and jacuzzi were a bit crowded for me but still enjoyable. our room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Our late night room service was very convenient, speedy, food was very good.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Excellent Hotel
"Great for the whole family!"
Stayed here for a one night family get away to go to the aquarium. This hotel is walking distance to the aquarium and many restaurants. They gave each of our kids a little goody bag at check it which they loved. Staff was very courteous and professional. It is nice to find a place that is so family friendly. We will be back again for sure!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
mom of two
"Excellent hotel"
We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Very relaxing, luxurious ang outstanding customer service. We will definitely come back.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"Perfect getaway"
Beautiful location and resort with great service. Walking distance to aquarium and shops and restaurants. I'd definitely return.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Beautiful place"
Such a wonderful and beautiful place to stay. We had a room with inland views but were still be able to catch a glimpse of the bay and could hear the sound of the waves, seagulls and seals... The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice walking distance to restaurants and shops, too. I'd definitely go back when we have a chance in the future.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Kumiko
"Great Place"
Had a great stay....had a room that faced the bay and the sound of the waves helped me sleep like a baby!
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Kimberly
"The classiest in Monterrey"
The view was outstanding and the staff superb! By far one of the nicest stays ever!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"TOP NOTCH HOTEL"
We had another great time here! They really excel at customer service that makes you feel welcome
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Margaret
"Down in Monterey"
This Hotel was just spectacular. Right on the Ocean, or should I say hanging over the ocean? Definitely worth the $.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
barbara
"Romantic stay"
Was in Monterey to watch my daughter participate in college golf tournament. Wanted something which had a good view of the bay. Wow did I get lucky. Hotel was beautiful, upscale in wonderful condition and quite beautiful, and all for a reasonable price. Staff was friendly as could be and the view from the hotel of the bay was incredible. Hotel has a large plaza area with coffee shop so that you can have coffee and watch the sun rise or set (large fire hearth) all while being comfortably warm. Hotel restaurant overlooking the bay was wonderful and the entire area around the hotel - Cannery Row - includes many great restaurants (Fish Hopper in particular) and shops.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Jack
"Monterrey sweetness"
Location great for the canary row
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Not much of a resort"
Took my wife there to celebrate her birthday and was looking for rest and relaxation. Went in March and had beautiful weather but hotel doesn't have a pool, only two lounge chairs and those are in the rooftop spa area which doesn't open until 8am and closes before sundown. Bed was so high off the ground we had to use an ottoman to climb into/out of bed each time. Street noise seemed to come right through walls. Seagulls on the roof outside our room awoke you hourly. Refrigerator was empty (no mini-bar in a resort?) and wouldn't chill. No vending machines of store on property for basics (i.e. aspirin, gum). Only way to enjoy a cocktail on the terrace was to go into their restaurant to guy a drink at their bar and then take it through the restaurant, up to the patio level and then walk outside. But then there were only limited tables and no loungers. Private beach had no loungers or anything at all to sit on. Couldn't wait to leave. $300+ per night is about double what I thought it was worth. Conciierge didn't show up until noon each day.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Chuck
"Beautiful Hotel in Monterey"
This was our 2nd stay in Monterey, the first was at the Hyatt, which was ok, but this hotel was just beautiful! On the ocean, comfortable beds large rooms and bath. Staff was gracious and friendly. It was conveniently located along Cannery Row, within walking distance to many great places to eat and shop. Will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Grace
"Nice hotel, great location"
Overall good experience. Nothing exceptional/remarkable. Friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Perfect visit !!"
Beautiful stay. Nice upgrade to the ocean. Anxious to come back!!
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
scott
"Best place to stay"
We loved our view and so close to walk to everything
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
whale watchers!
"Magnificient location"
Hotel was beautiful ; first class !
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"Time away-"
My husband and I wanted to get away to the coast for a few days- oh how we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel! It exceeded all our expectations
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
bergman
"Nice hotel and awesome service, but not quite"
The hotel is separated into 3 building, 2 facing the ocean, 1 across the street and facing the street. They are accordingly labeled as "A", "B" and "C" on their hotel map. I stayed in the C section with a balcony directly above the sidewalk on the street outside. The cleaning crew tend to come around cleaning in the evening (5-6pm) for my room. Everything in the hotel room works and is quite nice, but I find the style and quality of each furniture and amenities to be quite lacking for a hotel with this price tag. The service by the front desk people and the valet team was absolutely wonderful. They made me feel like I was not dealing with any human at all, but rather just my own thoughts, as in "I thought about check-in, and it is done," "I thought wanting my car pulled up, and it is done." I actually liked the distance of the hotel and the aquarium, however, I am kind of sadden by the fact that the lot next to them is unoccupied at the moment and it does portray a dangerous image to the neighborhood at night time. One thing to note is, all hotel guests have entrance passes to the spa/fitness facilities in the A building, but their hours are 6am-8pm. So make sure you don't miss it since it is already included in your nightly stay price. Didn't try the cafe or the restaurant either. There's way more options out there on the Cannery Row or just a few blocks away for either better scenery (again because of the unoccupied lot) or a better price.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Shun Li
Great location. Check in time 4PM seems too late. We came earlier, fortunately the room was ready pretty quick after we arrived.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Luxurious!"
This was my four time here and I love it. Its a gorgeous hotel and the staff are excellent. i forgot my laptop and the business center was great! I had a wonderful meal outside at sunset and was kept warm by a lovely heater. I have stayed in both the ocean front rooms and the inland view rooms- both are super. This time I stayed in an inland view room and it had a connecting room - I could hear everything the couple was saying next door. I called check in and they moved me to a nice beautiful quiet room within minutes. top notch hotel!
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel & Great Service!"
Stayed here for one night, the hotel grounds are beautiful. The staff is extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
"Pebble beach AT&T pro am crew"
We were there on business.. Thanks to Sara front desk manager for being extra accommodating!
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"My 49th Birthday"
Each year me and my best friend visit Monterey Bay Aquarium, this time we decided to stay overnight, so we stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa! What a classy place, it was absolutely beautiful, I had a wonderful time, the service is excellent. If all goes well we will do the same next year. etc.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
SLC
"Nice but too pricey"
A very nice hotel but very overpriced.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Christian
"Business Trip"
We were in town for a quick business trip. We didn't care about the view rooms since we would be pretty much in and then out. We had a lovely, large room with an in-land view. Clean, comfortable - great. Staff is very professional without being stuffy. Great place to stay and we will again.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel right in the heart of Monterey. They have the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! Service is great and the fireplace in the foyer is awesome!
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Donatella
"Awesome hotel, great location"
Looking forward to our next visit. Awesome hotel. Great location.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
mikeysmrs
"Great location within walking distance of Cannery"
We always have a great time here. This is probably our 10th visit. We are always treated with respect and kindness.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
snookums
"First Class Hotel"
This hotel is absolutely first class. I only wish we could have booked longer. If you want a romantic getaway, this is the place you want to stay!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Marion
"Awesome"
We had an awesome time.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
"Astonishingly perfect!"
The location is glorious and the room was huge, clean and comfy. But the service is what knocked it out of the park! I've rarely seen this level of quality and commitment from EVERY person on staff. I was truly treated like a king. Bravo!!!!
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Dehron
"This is the nicest Hotel you will find in monterey"
This should be Monterey's number one hotel
1 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2015
kevin
"Best place to stay in Monterey"
Wonderful! I want to stay there again next time we vacation here. Great location, beautiful sunsets, and close to the aquarium and shops.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Jill
"Wonderful Waterfront Escape"
The hotel was marvelous with lovely outdoor balconies and seating. The lobby is very warm and inviting as well. The staff is friendly and responsive. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant on property was first rate and as advertised. Overall, a wonderful place to escape to for a few days!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Underwhelmed"
"Room with Bay View". View was predominantly of the decayed wall of an old canning factory. Bay was visible, but definitely required you to work to see it and did not meet my expectation. I was also disappointed that my room was not ready when we arrived at 2PM. They said they would call me when the room was ready before 4PM, but never received the call and had to check back at the desk slightly after 4PM. We were quite underwhelmed.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Monterey at its most accommodating"
Sprawling comfortable inn located at the end of Cannery Row. Staff was very welcoming and efficient. We will be back!
2 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Victoria
"Best Place In Monterey, Look No Further"
The best hotel to stay at in Monterey, CA! Beautiful views, close to all the major attractions, and the spa is awesome!
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Andrei
"Great place to stray"
Exceptional customer service
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Kara
"Babymoon"
Came here for our babymoon and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The staff was wonderful. Everyone from the valet to the spa attendants provided attentive 5 star level service. The location was perfect. A 5 minute walk to cannery row and the aquarium. But far enough away to not feel trapped in a touristy area. The options for food and entertainment at the hotel were plentiful. From a quick grab and go coffee shop to a full luxury dinner. We would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Spur of the moment getaway"
Thurston and I had a very wonderful stay at this hotel. It was very lovely and clean. The hotel is very beautiful and the staff so friendly. We had a lot of fun and will be back to enjoy this lovely hotel. Also the bed and robes are very comfy!The area is a lot of fun too and you can't beat a Monterey morning sunrise!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
melissa
"Beautiful Hotel!"
Great location!! Within walking distance of Cannery Row, the aquarium and great restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great views"
We always stay here when we go to Monterey... It is a very nice hotel with great views but getting dated! We tried to upgrade to a suite but it is untouchable! $1800.00/night for a junior suite and $2500.00 for a reasonable suite... Even for a family like ours with two doctors, it is exorbitant for Monterey!!!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015