All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America

Great room
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Bad pool
The stay was not what was prided to us. We were told we would have an ocean view but we had a street view. Cost was higher than booking directly with the hotel. We will not book with you again.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
robert
"Good trip"
Great times.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Huong
"A little bit of paradise"
This was a fantastic hotel in a great location with amazing views and access to the historic Cannery Row.
4 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Ian
"Nice hotel close to restaurants and aquarium"
This is a great hotel that's in walking distance to the aquarium, cannery row and restaurants on Lighthouse Ave. The reception, valet and bell service are efficient and friendly. There's a coffee shop on the hotel property that opens pretty early so we had our breakfast on the plaza and enjoyed the views every morning. (Just watch out for those food-stealing birds!) FYI, you can buy tickets to the aquarium at the front desk for 2 consecutive day visits for the price of one. I highly recommend this hotel if you're planning a visit to Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"disapointed"
location is good, price ok, bed was terrible-sank in the middle, did not sleep good at all-expexcted more from a hotel with a high rating-theu should check all thier beds. room confort because of bed(thats why you get a room) was poor.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"I'll be back."
Convenient location, fabulous view, and great service.
1 night trip with friends Aug 26, 2015
Lynne
"Nice hotel but be wary of the "garden" view room"
We checked in late in the evening and were pleased with the cleanliness, condition, size and room decor. However the next morning we were awakened by the loud noise coming from outside our closed window. I discovered our room as located directly above at least a dozen various recycling etc cans and the hotel loading dock. A line of trucks each loading and unloading laundry, recycling etc. the"garden" view outside our room was a small patch of greenery. Given we were checking in late for one night only, I passed on the more expensive ocean view room, but how could I have known my "garden" view would be above a busy loading dock and so noisy? i feel misled as the room was not inexpensive, I think I am entitled to expect a "garden" view would not mean loud noise outside my window so early in the morning. This should have been disclosed and allowed the guest to decide if they wanted the room. I am extremely disappointed. see pictures of the "garden view" from my window.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
mary
I found this hotel on-line and was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it was in person. The front desk staff was very professional and the rooms were immaculate. We will be staying here again when we return.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
5 stars service but a bit too expensive. They really hold you to the 4pm check in too...so don't get there early. It's more of a spa / destination then a hotel for a few nights.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Douglas
We stayed at the hotel for our early anniversary present for each other. The stay was peaceful and relaxing. I would definitely stay at the hotel in the future. The room was clean and the furniture was well maintained.
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
steve
"Outstanding hotel"
Everyone treats you like a VIP!!
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Lyndee
"Great Monterey Location"
Beautiful location on Monterey Bay. Very convenient to Cannery Row. Rooms are fine. Hotel not too pricey but a little expensive. Staff a little uptight.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Family getaway"
Great place but food was pricey.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Burt
Amazing
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
robin
"Great stay in Monterey!"
Everything about our stay here was great! You can't beat the location! He hotel was beautiful and the service was outstanding. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Paula
"Half eaten strawberries"
We were promised a room with a view and got a room with no view. I think because we didn't book it directly threw the hotel they gave us a realy bad room. There were even half eaten chocolate dip strawberries in the refrigerator. So disappointed. When we paid so much for the room. We grew up in the Bay Area and had moved away for 10 years, we were very excited about visiting all the places we used to hang out at with our family.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Darryl
"Great one day get away, I could have stayed for a"
My sister and I needed a fast get away, and it couldn't have been nicer..from the hotel comfort to the beautiful scenery. .the room was.so comfortable and clean.there was a set of binoculars in the room which we used to see the seals and other critters up close,madr.us feel like we were in the bay water with them..great ides..definitely would recommend this hotel. .
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
muna
"Poor service and hefty price tag"
Staff is pleasant but fail to deliver a quality of service expected with the hefty price tag. The hotel shower had mold. They fill the tiny bathroom counter with so much stuff, there was no room for my personal toiletries. The bed was too soft and was definitely sagging (like it was old and well used). Room was not cleaned until nearly 2 pm. Poor layout for the hotel too. During our stay the hotel was prepping for a city-wide event. The auctioneering tested the sound at 8:55 pm. This was right outside our window.The hotel's restaurant Schooners too had poor service. Food is overpriced and not good. They actually serve box mac and cheese (they advertise "just like box cheese" -it's boxed stuff but don't say just like when it is boxed stuff). They manage to mess of the boxed stuff - no flavor and dry. The servers were not very professional - running dirty plates by a door next to our table that was not meant for them to use for their convenience. There were 4-5 floor managers whom all looked confused. There were at least 4 servers and maybe 7 tables. For the high ratio of employees to tables, things should have been way better than they delivered. They asked us if we want indoor or outdoor seating. We requesting indoor but they still sat us outside. Drinks came after our appetizers were served. I realize the restaurant is separate from the hotel but it is still affiliated and apart of the brand.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Great hotel. The only downside for the family was children were not allowed in the spa. There was a little beach close by that we made the most of instead.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Our favorite place to stay and visit!"
The service was excellent. Loved the Spa treatment and all employees throughout our stay were very friendly and personable. Bay view is a must!
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Nice hotel, good location and views of the ocean!"
Had a wonderful time, even though parts of the hotel was closed off due to the concourse event. The room was very nice with a fantastic view of the ocean - wish we could have stayed longer to watch the action of the vehicles involved in the concourse!
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Peggy V.
"It is within walking distance to all."
I was up there for a few days for a wedding and the hotel sits right on the ocean's edge. it is within walking distance to the trail, downtown, and all tourist traps but far enough from the noise of all the cannery row tourists.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Drew
Great time spent with my daughter. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Will stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Marie
Great family hotel. Our kids want to come back!
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Thanh
"August Monterey Visit"
I've stayed at the MPH&S before and that is why I returned with my family of 5. Beautiful hotel with spectacular view of Monterey Bay. We spotted whales in the bay and could hear sea lions from the hotel patio. Favorite things about the hotel - location, use of free bikes, view of bay, size of rooms, fire pit at night, bottles of water at turndown, valet service, dining options, friendly & attentive staff. Less favorable things about hotel - traveling with family of 5 we were required to purchase 2 rooms b/c fire code does not allow 5 people to a room w/ rollaway bed, making for a very expensive 2 day stay. I Requested 2nd or 3rd floor accommodations when I booked through a 3rd party site & hotel did not honor. Mentioned the room request & the front desk staff said they could not change rooms & said they did not see request in booking & don't always honor 3rd party booking requests. I believe b/c we booked at 3rd party site, we were placed in rooms next to garbage pickup and Chart House, rather loud & unsightly. Ate dinner at Schooners on the last night & was rather disappointed. Service was slow, prices very high for portion of fish entrees, child's meal (spaghetti) was terrible & would have sent it back but 8 yr. old son did not say anything until meal was finished. Definitely book a room with bay view next time.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Very nice and wonderful staff. Very helpful, close to many things . Nice restaurant with great views also spa nice..
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Nice stay and convenient. Very helpful staff and great view
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
In my perspective, I do think that this hotel has left me a great time
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Special treat!"
I traveled to the area alone to scuba dive and be super comfortable. This hotel was a treat, lovely and well maintained. Soaking in the spa hot tubs after a chilly morning in the ocean was divine and the views are fabulous.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Marian
"Great Montery Bay view, amenities, staff and food"
We love this hotel. Service is top notch, the food is wonderful, view from room can be amazing if you have a balcony over the bay. This hotel harkens to the days when a hotel genuinely cared about your comfort and well being. We enjoyed most of our meals there over 2 1/2 days because the food was amazing, service prompt and several enjoyable venues to choose from. Love this property. Look forward to our return
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
McG
We had a wonderful time. Hotel staff was amazing. And the hotel is gorgeous! Great service, breathtaking views and delicious food. We will visit again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Tony
"LoveLoveLove"
****amazing**** don't stay anywhere else!!
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
shannon
"So-So"
This was a lovely hotel with great views, however the bed was so hard and uncomfortable I was unable to sleep. Probably won't be staying here again. We also had dinner at Schooner's,it had nice views, but was not impressed with the food. For that price, I was really expecting something special and it wasn't at all.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Gorgeous Hotel in the Heart of Monterey!"
We loved our stay here! Very comfortable rooms and the hotel itself is gorgeous! Had a great dinner at Schooners overlooking the bay! Would love to return to this hotel!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Kristi
Accomodating, clean, friendly!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Sue
Nice and comfortable. Water views are the way to go.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great hotel with perfect location!"
We are a family of 5 traveling up the coast on vacation. The Plaza was a perfect stop for us - amazing location on Cannery Row, gorgeous facilities and fantastic staff! We felt welcomed by everyone from the valet to the bellman! We highly recommend the Plaza.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Best Hotel on our Road Trip!"
We stayed at some of the nicest hotels on our week long road trip between Santa Barbara and San Francisco and firmly believe the Monterey Plaza Hotel was, by far, the best overall experience!!!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Amazing stay. Very close to aquarium and shopping
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Great views"
Great lovely views from the room. Very clean and great service.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
"uh-mazing!"
So my boyfriend and i stayed here for one night for my birthday and everything about it was amazing. For once, the weather wasn't overcast when we came down! It was sunny and beautiful and it made Monterey soo much more enjoyable. From the moment we drove in to the moment we checked out, every worker there was nice, helpful and really cared about our needs. My boyfriend and I are in the luxury hotel business as well, so we know how to treat our guests, and the Plaza went over our expectations. The view from our room was beautiful, there was even binoculars on the table so we could see out from our balcony. We will definitely be coming back here again, but more than 1 night for sure.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Leah
"Super great!"
We have traveled all over the world and cannot think of a place we have stayed with better staff than this hotel. Great beds and pillows. Perfect location. Bikes to use as desired. Best hotel in the area for sure!! Photos to not do it justice. 5 stars!!!! Kkn
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
kevin
"Fantastic stay"
This hotel was great for our family trip to Monterey. The Hotel property is beautiful, has great views & all of the employees were friendly, helpful & welcoming. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Noe
"Father Serra would approve!"
Wonderful 2 night stay in room with small balcony overlooking the water and Monterey harbor! Very restful and romantic getaway. Only wish menus had a bit more selection to offer, particularly in room service and restaurant lunch menus.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
VINCENT
I was a return guest because I love the hotel so much. It is perfect for business meetings and/or just leisure enjoyment.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Judith
"Great hotel!"
Trip was both business and pleasure. Great hotel. Great location. Great service. No complaints. We had a city view room, which was very nice and large. I can't attest to the bay view rooms, but I assume they're the same. All in all, very happy with our selection.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
RW
"Perfect way to celebrate my birthday. Thank you"
Spa is awesome. Anthony worked his magic during my 80 minute massage.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Denise
Fabulius getaway! Upscale
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Benny
"BEST HOTEL - EVERYONE MAKES YOU FEEL WELCOME!"
Felt like we were royalty. Everyone was friendly, kind and gave AAA service. This hotel is worth the price. The restaurant was economically priced for adults and families. Did not have to leave to have breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Nice hotel a perfect place to rest"
Wonderful beautiful activities in the lobby. A quiet place
Other trip Jul 3, 2015