All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here110 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, London, England, SW7 4ES, United Kingdom, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Hotel is OK, but freezing room"
Hotel well located near Gloucester Rd. Room was freezing, even after leaving the heating on at max temperature for hours. Buffet breakfast is very overpriced for what it is, go to Garfunkel's across the street instead. Other than that, no worries.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
Philippe
"Rooms need work"
Bathrooms: Towels looked and felt like 20 year old towels. Face clothes: Why aren't face clothes provided? Toiletries: No body lotion, mini shoe shiner, cotton facial rounds, q-tips, which were standard at my 3* hotel in Paris. We did always have a shower cap, which was silly. The multi-tasking in-bath tube, does not constitute toiletries. Lighting: room lighting terrible, we could hardly find things. Curtains: the inner curtains are filthy with city street soot. Mini Fridge/bar: why not have this available? Iron: ? TV: Where was the channel guide? Trash: trash liners so thin and cheap that you couldn't touch them without them ripping. Finally: I was expecting better for 4*. I will not book this hotel again.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
Trish
"Room appointments were nice"
Nice room. Good location. Funky Wi-Fi that was very inconsistent.
4 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Great place to stay for single travelers or couple"
This hotel is in a great location. A few shorts yards from Gloucester Road stop on the Piccadilly line for the tube. There is a pharmacy and a grocery store across the street. And it is just far enough out of the crazy part of London to be a place to relax after a hard day of trudging through London. It is also a short walk from the Albert & Victoria Museum. The room I stayed in was small, but functioned well for me as a single traveler. Had a double bed which is very rare for single traveler rooms. Bathroom was good size and everything functioned great. Staff were courteous and helpful. Everyday there was a breakfast available, full or contential, which was nice. However, there is a Starbucks and a Paul (fabulous pastry place) across from tube station which great to get some quick breakfast stuff. All in all this is a excellent option and I will stay there again.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Joelle
"NIce hotel in the heart of London, near Tube"
This hotel was great, close to the tube station. We had a leak in our bathroom sink faucet and the staff was very quick to respond and even offered to move our room for the last night of our stay but it wasn't really necessary. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
chrispy
"Everything was great except the internet."
I have to say that this hotel is a great one if you are staying in London. The location is perfect. You are a block away from amazing museums and the Glouster tube station. The rooms are good size, clean and up to date. My only issue was that the internet was horrible. I could check my e-mail at times but that was all. I talked to the hotel staff and they suggested that I sit in the lobby where the connection was better. They were helpful but for me it was a problem.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
Billy
"Great Location and Easy Access to Many Things"
The hotel was just a few blocks from the History Museum, Art Museum, and further down was Harrods. Plenty of restaurants and pubs in the area and the Tube was 2 minutes from the front door on Gloucester St. A bus stop is right out the front door as well. There was a grocery store right across the street as well as one just down the street. We would hop on the tube in the morning and go to some location in London and eventually either make our way back walking or take the tube back. Very convenient. The Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Room was a bit small but other than sleeping and getting ready in the am, we were never in it much. Wifi was spotty on our cell phones from the room, but not our computers for some reason. We felt it was a Reasonable price for the rooms - no surprises. And to be able to take the Tube to and fro Heathrow was a bargain (3 pounds each way). Get an Oyster Card and put a chunk of money on it - you can cash it out when leaving at the airport.
6 night trip Nov 5, 2013
"Good location, but. . ."
The staff did what was necessary - no more. The room was very small. Having been to London many times, I don't expect 'spacious' but the room was so small my grandson and I had to leave to change our minds. It was very clean and I appreciate that more than a large room (how much room do you need to sleep?). My biggest complaint was the breakfast as it was inedible. The hot food was cold and the cold food was warm. I mentioned it to the desk staff but nothing was done. We then had breakfast elsewhere for the remainder of our stay. Location is good - near the Gloucester Road tube. Wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"not bad hotel at good location"
clean and comfort room with small space. the TV has very limited channels available
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Reasonable price for a convenient location"
My wife and I were pleased with the fact that the hotel was across from the Gloucester Road Tube station. This made getting around the city convenient. The staff members were friendly and accommodating, providing a bucket and ice for our take away beer, fixing a malfunctioning thermostat, and printing out tour tickets and boarding passes at the reception desk. There were two great Indian restaurants within walking distance as well. American travelers will feel cramped by the room size...suck it up and deal with it. The bathrooms are a good size. Our only complaint was that there was no hot water for three of the ten showers we took.
4 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
"good choice"
Good neighborhood. Underground station less than a block away with access to both Picadilly and District lines. Lots of eateries nearby.
4 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Best Western Cromwell"
There was no hot water. In order to have a hot shower we had to do it at off hours. It was unsatisfactory due to this. I am giving it a poor rating due to lack of hot water
4 night trip Sep 10, 2013
Liz Wells
"perfect boutique best western"
Location was beyond excellent with bus stop 1 foot away from front entrance and gloucester station just across the street. Also hop on hop off bus in eye sight fron main entrance. Souvenir shops bakeries and 24 hour diners on every corner. Very clean and trendy neighborhood and a french bakery (patisserie) called PAUL which is a must for breakfast. its also right in front of hotel. Currency exchange burger king and kfc and lots of other restaurants in plain sight just by this best western. Rooms were very clean and perfect size the hotel and bathrooms lobby and hallways very well kept and updated very modern looking hotel on the inside and very safe. 24 hour receptionist which were very helpful, polite and friendly. Luggage storage (free) and breakfast is also available for small charge and free very strong signal internet just ask the front desk for passcode. From heathrow do not pay 20 pounds to use the heathrow express. Just take the picadilly from terminal 1 2 3 or 5 and its 16 stops to gloucester station which is smaller and very easy to use. If i knew that this hotel was situated in such a great neighborhood and for the price i wouldve stayed a few extra nights. Will def be back.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2013
edo f.
"great location!"
This hotel is in a fantastic location for visitors to London. It is right off the Gloucester Tube stop (1 block away).....easy underground trips to Piccadilly, Leister Square, Covent Garden, Westminster........a lot of the tourist destinations! It is in a nice clean/safe area. Easily accessible to a grocery store (cheaper food if you are interested in saving a few bucks on some of your meals).....The location is FANTASTIC and the staff were very nice (very helpful with arranging cars and helping you find where to go and which stops to get off at for visiting places)......The room was small (as is every room in England) and bathroom was tiny but it served the purpose very well as we were constantly out and about during our time there. Nothing posh or lavish about this hotel....but a generally nice hotel/facility. The Wi-Fi stinks and goes in and out constantly so be flexible and don't plan on using it a lot. Overall my wife and I were VERY PLEASED with the stay and the accommodations!
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Pay for the upgraded room"
The standard rooms are too small for Americans taste. TV is horrible.. But the rooms are clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2013
dawg
"Close to interesting restaurants."
VERY NICE, COMFOTABLE, FRIENDLY STAFFAND WILL STAY AGAIN.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
This was a very conveniently located, very affordable, clean hotel and room. The only concern is that the room was very, very small.
5 night romance trip Jul 11, 2013
Evan
"Good value- very close to underground"
We found the staff to be very friendly and our room was very nice. We used the pullout sofa bed as we had 3 people and there was still room to move around. The a/c worked great and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is also across the street from a grocery store which was convenient to buy some cheap water and snacks. The underground station is on the picadilly line which was super convenient for sightseeing and to get to the airport when our stay was over. We would definitely consider a repeat stay.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Anne
"NIce Hotel close to everything!"
The hotel was very close to the tube and the Natural History Museum. Also very close to may places to eat. The room was a little small, but very clean.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Nice hotel with good location"
the room service was great and we had a very good experience.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
david
"Fantastic, convenient location in posh Kensington"
The room was a little bigger than we'd been given to understand. The rooms vary in size in this set of 3 converted townhouses, and I think we got a big one. Note that I don't think any would fit two adults plus a child, so this hotel is best for singles and couples. AC was super, which was great since it was HOT the week we were there. No fridge in room, but the staff was cheerful about filling an ice bucket for us whenever we asked. Bathroom was very modern and took some getting used to not to shoot the shower over the partition, but other than that, no problems. Gloucester Road Tube station is one block over, very convenient, and the Victoria and Albert and Natural History Museums are a short walk away. Harrod's is just down the road, and there is a very convenient Waitrose grocery *right* across the street for picking up drinks, snacks, breakfast options, ready-made lunches. Lots of restaurants on the surrounding streets, and Kensington Gardens and the Royal Albert Hall are nearby. Very posh part of town--you can play exotic car bingo as you stroll around and dream about owning a sweet little flat in one of the mews streets nearby.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Museum Geek
The worst stay I've ever had at a Best Western!
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Great Location, but that's about it"
Location is fantastic! Staff was accommodating. Clean hotel, maid did just an OK job. My problem was my standard room was like a walk in closet, and could hardly move about. I was by myself and can't imagine having another person in there. I was very disappointed there was no wifi for Mac users...couldn't understand why that was the case. I couldn't even get online in the main lounge area and had to walk to Starbucks to get service. Staff just accepted this problem and didn't do anything about it. For $255 a night I expected better room size and internet.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Dianne
"extremely small!"
the size of the room is extremely small even from Europe standard staff could be more considerate for guests
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
bk
"Very small but nice"
This hotel has a great location and was nice/clean. Wireless and lift often didn't work, over 50 percent of our 6 day stay.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Clean,reasonably priced and close to museums."
I was well taken care of here from start to finish! The breakfast looked good but I preferred to walk across the street to Paul patisserie or Starbucks. Byron's Burgers is right there too. Steer clear of the horrible Italian place unless you have a cold and can't taste food. The staff was extremely helpful and prompt with the room service.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Krystal
"Garden view rooms best"
We like these funky hotels in Kensington where 2 or 3 town houses have been strung together with windy corridors. The staff is always mixed EU.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Dave & Jen
"great base for exploring london"
After reading reviews about london hotels in general and this one in particular I was worried about what we'd get. I was pleasantly surprised though. The room was small but efficiently organized and with a rather large and nice bathroom given the size of the bedroom. Bed was big and comfortable. Hallways are tight and don't smell great. We had trouble with the WiFi but wasn't a huge deal and got it free anyway at nearby cafes. Location is excellent. Less than a block to glouster road tube stop which wads direct to most tourist sites, very close to v&a museum and not too bad a walk to Harrods and Knightsbridge shopping. Lots of food options nearby plus a full grocery store and a tesco express market nearby. Really good location if you're in london to do a lot of sightseeing. Lobby staff were very helpful most of the time, especially Francisco.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
Ryan
"Great Location but internet issues"
Rooms are a bit small, but when you're in London you shouldn't be spending much time in the room. It had everything we needed, and was very comfortable for the nights. We had some internet issues, which I was told happen to a few others with American devices. While the device would connect to the wireless, something was prohibiting it from connecting to the actual internet, which was a bit frustrating. Although this issue was not resolved, the hotel staff tried their best to help, and were very helpful with other questions. I can't say enough good things about the location! Right next to Gloucester Rd for the tube, and some very nice restaurants nearby. Museums are less than 5 minute walk away! I would certainly stay here again!
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2013
"Amazing staff, great experience."
Amazing staff, great experience, convenient location close to subway.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2013
Two Adults
"Half a block from the tube stop"
This hotel staff were great. The location was great. It was half a block to the tube station and the bus stop was outside the hotel. Waitros grocery store was close by. We took the bus 4 stops to the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
seniortraveler
"Good Hotel Near Gloster Road Tube Station"
The hotel was great. We loved the rooms. No complaints in that regard. This was my third time staying at the Cromwell. The only problem I had this time was with the Internet. Wi-fi would not work in rooms as advertised. This was a problem for me as that I need a WiFi connection for work. I had to go to the hotel lobby to try to get a connection and the service was still rather spotty. Staff stated that it was a known problem. Hopefully this issue will soon be resolved or I might have to book somewhere else on my next stay in London.
3 night family trip May 9, 2013
"Great value"
Very clean rooms, Great location, but the beds were old and sagged in the middle
2 night trip May 7, 2013
This hotel is sufficient for travelers not expecting luxurious amenities for its price. We paid extra for a bigger room because we were going to stay for a week. The bed, the bathroom and the room are adequate for a comfortable stay. Its greatest asset is the location. Being in South Kensington and just across the road from the Gloucester Road underground station, it is very convenient to go anything in London by the 'tube'. Within walking distance you can go to the Museum of Natural History, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Kensington Palace and park. Nearby there are plenty of choices of restaurants, local pubs, coffee shop, supermarkets, post office, shops for all sort of things, bank and a Laundromat. We got everything we needed right there!
Other trip May 15, 2013
"Great Option for London"
The Best Western Cromwell was clean, quiet, comfortable, and very convenient. I have stayed in Knightsbridge a few times & this is my favorite hotel. It is directly accross the street from the Gloucester Road tube station. The gym is small, but clean and modern. The room I had was small and in the basement, but it has been well updated and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this hotel
3 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Ceri
"Great location small rooms"
Not unusual for London but the rooms are tiny. Everything is clean and the staff is very helpful and polite. the Breakfast was very good and it's in a great location.
3 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Very friendly staff"
Clean room, subway close to the Hotel. I have nothing to say negative about this hotel.I would go back.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
"Overpriced, but did the job"
Great location, clean room.... I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Europe, and this hotel room was SMALL even by European standards. The room was freezing cold when we arrived and didn't actually feel warm until the next morning even though the heater ran all night. We stayed two nights, and we asked for more towels on the second day and were met with reluctance, but other than that the staff was very helpful. Probably wouldn't stay again, as there are better, more inexpensive hotels in the same neighborhood (they were all unavailable on our travel days).
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"Excellent Hotel"
I would like to give a recomendation. Improve the Wi FI Internet
4 night family trip Mar 5, 2013
Jose L
"Far from best Western"
The elevator did not go as far as the floor with the room. The Internet did not work properly. This was most frustrating as it was a main reason for booking this hotel. The Internet was useless and the hotel should not claim to offer it!
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
Grumpy One
"Great bargain"
Great staff, very efficient, free wifi. Would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 13, 2013
"Dank, windowless basement rooms"
Fairly shocked to find I'd been assigned a basement room, but kept an open mind. The room never got warm, as there was a continuous damp draft, the carpet had large bumps underneath, which you trip over when walking on the floor, and several light bulbs were burned out. The room featured curtains over a fake window- basically white-spray-painted glass installed into a picture frame, to make one 'feel' as if there was a window. The rest of the hotel is fine, service was friendly, and the location is fantastic as it's right near the Glouster Road tube station.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2013
"Great hotel for business travelers"
Good location for walking to appointments; fantastic breakfast; quiet - even if you open a window! For NYC that's a big plus.
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
Owen
"Dirty room with no heat"
I have been to London many times and this was by far THE WORST experience ever. I was initially shown to a room with hair on the sheets, dried blood on a bathroom towel, fingerprints everywhere, and dirty walls. When I complained, I was shown to a new room with little apology; the staff seemed to think I was just being picky. Upon returning the next evening, when the outside air was -1 Celsius, I entered my room to find it at 8 degrees! When I reported the problem, I was asked if while I was away, I had left my extra room key in the slot just inside the door. I had not. I was told that someone should have informed me when I checked in to do so in order to have constant heat. When I pointed out that a system which requires a room key for lights (and in this case ALSO heat) in intended to conserve energy, and like most hotels guests take their key with them. I was met with a blank stare. So, at 2:00am, with no maintenance staff on call, I had to wait almost an hour to get the heat back on -- which is why they leave it on all the time. I asked the desk for a an herbal tea to warm me up; I was brought an unwrapped teabag in a bare hand and told to heat some water in my room. This hotel is poorly managed and, as an American, I assure you that it does NOT live up to the standard this U.S. franchise is known for. I urge anyone to consider other options... especially in winter.
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2012
GSS
"Tiny rooms but good location..."
The staff was pleasant and the facilities were clean, but the room was uncomfortably tiny.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
Houston couple
"All you need in London!Lo"
Great value for money. Very friendly and efficient staff. Very good location in West London. Good restaurant choices around. Across the street from tube station.
Other trip Nov 28, 2012
Christian
"Perfect for a weekend getaway"
Excellent friendly staff Great location Affordable With a friend, we stayed in a two twin room. While small, we had ample closet space. Bathroom was adequate size. During the night there was noise from the pipes that would be a problem for someone that is a light sleeper.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Not bad for the price"
The room was small but that is to be expected in London. The bed wasn't overly comfortable (kinda hard) but was clean and we had a private bathroom. The window would not open so we were unable to get fresh air in the room. They said it was a non-smoking room, but there was definitely a "smokey" smell in the air. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 15, 2012
"Not bad, but odd floor plan"
Kensington is my favorite part of London so this location was outstanding. The hotel was expensive (it is London). The room and the staff were nice. We were upgraded without request to a garden room. It would be a good room in nicer weather. It was REAL confusing to find the room. In fact we never came to our room the same way twice in two days! It involved some up 1/2 stairs, down 1/2 stairs, then up 1/2 stairs since the lift could not service this room. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2012
Dghiggin
very convenient to tube; very nice neighborhood; quiet if in the back; wifi not working in rooms, and ethernet provided was very short.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2012