All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here924 E Juneau Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice place to stay at a reasonable rate"
A nice place to stay, the price was very reasonable, location was awesome. Our room had the WORST shower I have ever used in a hotel. I almost wonder if some of the rooms have been updated and some have not, ours was not, giving it an old charm which was very nice except for the shower, a total disgrace.
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
mark
"Just okay with issues."
Overall nice place. Wireless was in and out in my room. No running water in the morning for shower/toilet or brushing teeth. Reception said there should have been a 12h prior notice been given, that might had been the case for permanent residents but it was a rather unwelcome surprise for a single night stay.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Mario
"Overnight at the Astor"
It was a bit warm in the room but once we figured out to shut off boiler, open windows (1 out of 3) has screens, and open door vent - we were good. Cute older but very well maintained room. Hotel bar was nice but drinks extremely expensive at $8 high ball.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
"Old hotel and it shows"
In town for one night for business, booked here as the location was close to my work. I normally like a place with some history but this hotel was badly in need of some TLC. Weird smell throughout the building, paper thin walls allowed me to hear everything going on in the next room, water pressure was abysmal. Will not be returning.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
If you enjoy old hotels this is the best. We stay here every time we go to Milwaukee.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Nicole
"Memories"
Very convenient location. Gracious public spaces. Nice views.
1 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2015
"Great service"
The hallways had a moldy smell. The service was phenomenal. Andrew was so attentive.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Shawn
"Good value for money"
Good value for money. Hotel staff was great and very helpful.
3 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Good location; old hotel with very limited updates to the rooms; hallways smell; dripping shower.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Convenient to Downtown"
The hotel shows beautiful photos of the bar and restaurant that are now closed. Room was pleasant; lobby is tired looking.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Perfect"
Perfect location ....... friendly and clean!Visiting familyH
4 night trip Jan 11, 2015
Marilyn
"Location fit our needs"
Very old, quaint hotel in desperate need of updates to the rooms. No longer has the restaurant there. Our room had large stains on the carpet, a large hole in the bathroom shower wall around the upper shower piping, a toilet hooked up to exposed piping and no water tank. The rooms were as clean as could be but too expensive for very little comfort. Too bad, this hotel has a lot of character but the rooms are in pretty sad condition.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Rebecca
"Shabby chic"
It was great! If you are looking for something outside of the bland, cookie-cutter hotel chain experience, this is it. Not enough spiders, though. Not even one.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Rooms are hot, shower doesn't drain properly"
You can't control the room temperature, so it's very hot in the room.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Nice place. Always stay here when visiting Milwaukee.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
marty
"Seriously?"
We have a relative living in this building - so having our own space over the weekend was a good thing. There's a parking lot but the buzzer to notify the front desk was out. The guest room was old school, we appreciate that; a step-up ceramic tiled bathroom and coats of paint are OK and, while the bed covers were lumpy, it's laundered consistently. However, even with both windows open all the way it was so hot that sleep was IMPOSSIBLE. I turned on the shower... nothing but cold water! As I twisted the knob I realized that I also couldn't turn the water off - just full blast cold water. I tried calling the front desk - it took three calls for him to answer and a maintenance soon showed up. After complaining that he keeps telling them that the faucet is old and sticks (WD40 anyone?) he forced it to put out warm and to shut off. I got my shower - but couldn't turn the water off -again. I could turn it to cold between my shower and my husbands' so the room wasn't over-steamed. He eventually got the water mostly turned off. Then there were the ants. Teeny, tiny ants all over the bathroom. Upon leaving I realized that this room was next to the recyling/trash room - bug Utopia. On checking out the desk clerk that I had talked to about the water problem just accepted the key with no question as to our experience. We have a family wedding in Milwaukee right down the street from this hotel and a lot of family members were planning to stay here - not any more.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
All of the staff were friendly & accomodating. The hotel has a regal attmosphere & a great location in downtown Milwaukee. It's close to the lake & many attractions. The food at The Astor Cafe was good & wait staff were exceptional. :)
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Pat
"They didn't find my reservation"
I paid for the room weeks before I went to Milwaukee to make sure I had a room since I was going to a wedding and I wanted something nearby. I was still at the reception when I called the hotel to let them know I would be there around 10pm. They said they didn't have my reservation. I figured maybe I had gotten confused and didn't remember the correct hotel, so I waited until I left to call them back to verify. By then it was around midnight and it was pouring down rain. I called just about every hotel in case it was my mistake. They all checked at the other hotels as well and even for the next day. There was not a reservation under my name anywhere in Milwaukee. I spent another 30 min sitting in my car making phone calls to hotels to find a room that was not more than the price of my reservation. By the time I got to a decent hotel it was almost 1:30am. Needless to say, I was very upset that despite my precaution in making the reservation and paying for it ahead of time, it was an aggravating waste of my time and pretty much ruined by otherwise memorable evening.
"SWELTERING"
Old hotel, needs a serious update, although room was re-painted and very clean. The radiator could not be adjusted and room was literally 80 degrees (not exaggerating). Made for a long hot night of no sleep. Even opening the window (which thankfully was operable) did not help much. The early morning staff comped my $10 parking, but I'm not sure $10 made up for a sleepless UNCOMFORTABLE night.
karen
"Hotel review"
I like the character of old hotels, so I depend on the reviews to help make my decision to stay in one. I liked the Astor Hotel; my room was clean, the bed comfortable. This hotel is nice if you are only planning on staying a couple of nights. We initially asked for two key, when we went out we left one key in the room and during the evening lost the other key. We returned to the hotel after 11pm and the front door was locked. We rang the bell and was let in (you are suppose to use the card attached to your key to get in after hours.) We explained to the front desk clerk we had lost our key and did they have another one, or have a Master key. We were told they didn't have extra keys and no Master but the clerk did say they could try a key. We went up to our room and the clerk was able to open our door. The problem was, the clerk never asked our name or to show any identification to prove we were the renters of the room before going up to the room and opening the door.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"better than i expected"
I was looking for a cheap hotel for a night. Wasn't really expecting much but it was a lot better than I had expected. Nice location some resturaunts and a grocery store in walking distance. We were informed of a rooftop chill area that you could hang out and have a nice view of downtown, that was pretty neato! The room wasnt very impressive and the bathroom looked pretty rundown. The walls were paper thin, we couldnt hear anyone but when I stepped out of the room the T.V. on low volume sounded like there was no walls... They also informed us of a free shuttle that will take you anywhere downtown which was a nice suprise saved us some money on cabs. Overall it was a nice place if I have to stay downtown again and looking for somewhere cheap this is not the worst!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
mike
"Full of Ants."
The room was full of ants. Very dated, but got the room for a decent price. However, $100 for a room with Ants isn't worth it! No control over the temperature in the room, so I had to open the windows, which have no screens, and the windows were difficult to open.
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
LeeAnne
"Misleading Photos"
The lobby smelled. The rooms were poorly updated. Foul odors in the hallway and no way to get fresh air into the room. Iron and ironing board provided but no way to plug it in. Likewise with the coffee pot. No refund policy available so we made due but never again.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
SBS
"There is a lot of history in this part of town"
Since the hotel is as old as it is, the heat was radiator heat which had to get a comfort level, too hot.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Had a pleasant stay, night desk clerk was exceedingly helpful!
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
katherine
"Oldy but Goodie"
If you want shiny new, this is not your ride. However, the price point and nostalgia may be attractive to those who still appreciate historic features and proximity over brand new ammentities. Stayed for two nights with a beautiful lady I had just met and we enjoyed keeping the old windows open, the comfy bed, and wall mount TV with a surprising cable package. Close to lake and just a few blocks from Water street and "center" of downtown.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Aaron
"Downtown, reasonable rates, easy off-street parkin"
Hotel is old, and charming. It's been updated. Guests need to be reminded how to use showers. Single room for two a bit crowded. Bed was comfortable.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Whistler
"Great cheap place"
This was a perfect hotel for a cheap weekend getaway to downtown Milwaukee. Save your money for beer and stay here.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Very cute"
We loved it. It almost feels like you're in the 1920s. The doors have actual metal keys. There are modern amenities, though. It's very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Next stay - book Intercontinental, one block East."
This hotel is tired, as is the staff. Owner(s) doing best they can to keep this giant, from another time, alive. Their rooftop viewing area of Milwaukee was a joke. Frequented by local youth who simply gained access by the rear door and elevator.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Lucy
Had a nice stay, staff was great .Rooms were very clean only draw back but not a deterent the hallways smelt like smoke.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
gibby
"Great Part of Town"
The Astor is an Historic Registry building that has a lot of potential. However the hallways and rooms are old, musty and in bad need of updating. If refurbished, this could be one of the best in Milwaukee. The price is good and the staff was wonderful, but don't think I'll be staying again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Stayed at worse, stayed at a lot better"
Pros: The room was clean, the staff was friendly enough, and the locations was good. It's in downtown Milwaukee so a lot is in walking distance. Cons: The hotel was very dated. In it's day, it was probably awesome, but that day has passed. Bathroom sink was junk (two faucets, the stopper didn't work), the AC unit in the window was really loud and didn't cool the room well unless you were in it's direct path -- in which case it was too cold. The Hotel's free Wi-Fi was a joke. For myself and just as a place to sleep for the night, it was fine. But I actually thought it was over-priced ($120 after taxes) for the quality you ended up getting/not getting.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Ruben
small room corridors smelled needs updating would never go back to this hotel
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Astor Hotel Milwaukee"
Older boutique hotel which is fine but it smelled like cigarettes even though the staff emphasizes it is a no smoking building. Everything smelled like smoke. My husband and I left as soon as we woke up.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"great trip"
awesome! yes the building is old but that is part of what I loved! beautiful architecture you just don't see anymore. room was huge and comfortable. would have liked a small fridge but hey, no worries! quiet and comfortable. staff was great
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
kim
"Decent hotel for the price"
This place looks like it was awesome... Key word being was. Now it's not even as comfortable as a Comfort Inn since everything is old and falling apart
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Small rooms in this classic 1920's hotel."
Not many "bells and whistles" but comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced. Beautiful old hotel! Liked it and will probably stay again. Near the lake and downtown area.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Ed
Good hotel over all, Ricky at reception was very helpful and also when he took us around in the shuttle bus it was much appreciated
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
keara
"Could be so much better"
This is a charming old hotel within walking distance of downtown Milwaukee. Overall I would say it has a convenient location and was serviceable. However, it could do with some care, cleaning, makeover, and maintenance. My main complaint is that the carpet was dirty enough it made my bare feet dirty. Other complaints: all the insulation in the duvet was in clumps (apparently improperly laundered, luckily it was warm) and the room was painted one of those institutional, mix-all-the-colors, baby-you-know-what brown. The bed was comfortable. The best part was the bathroom which was clean, had good towels, and had period tile.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Madisonian
"Historic Ambience."
Overall it was pleasant. There's an old school historic charm to the facility. Only fault is the walls are thin and you can hear almost everything. Luckily there were no noisey tenants. Nice restaurant bar. Quaint and charming
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Greg
"unpleasant"
Poor customer service. The hotel carpets were running down. Dim lighting in hallways.
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"Astor Hotel"
The main outside entrance needed repair. The concrete was breaking up and had a hole in it. Two of their beautiful chandeliers remained turned off our entire visit creating a dim and dark check in area. In contrast, the rear entrance was bright and cheery. Our room was clean and comfortable. The service, staff and food was excellent. The shuttle service to and from the "Irish Fest" was fantastic. We will stay at the Astor again.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Good for the price"
Way too old for me. I get the whole nostalgic thing, but I wouldnt do it again. Reminded me of my grandmas house, and Im 45.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the lake and Brady St."
I only spent one night at this hotel, so my experience was pleasant and I was comfortable. We were able to walk to many central locations like the lake, museums and eat/drink at Brady St.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
JF
"Old, Rustic Hotel with Character"
The Astor was an old, but well maintained hotel. Everything works.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"close to triathlon venue"
Since we were in Milwaukee for a triathlon and needed to get good sleep, we were very pleased with how quiet the rooms were. There was a wedding reception in the hotel but our rooms were still very quiet.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
triathlon family
"Great location for downtown fun."
No complaints - the hotel is old, but it's comfortable, has a great location and is a classic.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"It was a pleasant stay, and the staff was helpful."
We'll stay here again, but the tv didn't get any reception for two says. The breakfast was tasty, but the help was short-handed and the only meal offered was breakfast, despite having a full service kitchen.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
randall
Looks like a rat motel will never go any where near this place.