All hotels in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
715 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT, 84116, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.6
    2.9
    2.5
    2.3
    2.6
"Smoky smell"
Every room is smoky. Smell so bad which I have to switch room 3 times due to smell smoke even said: Non-Smoking Room
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
NHATALEXANDER
"I've stayed in worse. But not by much."
The rooms themselves were sort of clean. But was afraid to walk barefoot. My white socks were beige after walking around for an evening. All the furniture looks tired and worn out. Standard rooms do not have any amenities such as hairdryer, refrigerator, and microwave. They do provide an iron and miniature coffee pot. The price is low and you get what you pay for.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Jody
"Get what you pay for..."
The staff was great, very nice and helpful. The rooms and the walkways to the rooms were a different story. If you stay here, just be prepared for the bare bones: non-smoking rooms still have a sent of smoke, sheets are not the cleanest you've seen, no kleenex in the room, very thin towels. The neighborhood is fine and it's a place to sleep. But the rooms definitely have room for improvement. You get what you pay for.
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Justin
The condition of the building is in a bit of need of repairs: faucet handles, shower stall grout, gaps under doors, etc. Their facilities have not been updated in a long time. The airport & downtown shuttle made all the shortcomings worth the while.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"sheets not washed"
You get what you pay for...BUT I expect any place I stay to at least have changed the sheets. We found someone's wallet in the pillowcase. Obviously if they had changed the sheets and pillowcases the staff would have found this. When we checked out two of the employees were fighting with eachother and completely ignored me to finish their yelling argument.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
disappointed
"Was not happy!"
Would not stay here again. Sketchy neighborhood, especially with my kids with me. Was told when I booked through hotels.com that the pool was open, it was not, it is a seasonal pool. Room appeared that it was cleaned, just not very well. Slept ok until we found a roach in the bed, couldn't sleep much after that. Asked for an extra towel & pillow, was told they didn't have any but they did bring them to my room 10 mins later which was nice. TV said we could buy movies on demand but it would not work. WIFI didn't work well. They offered very little for breakfast & I couldn't take food to my room to eat. Skipped breakfast & left right away. Defiantly worth a little extra money to stay somewhere clean/ safe.
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
angela
"NEVER AGAIN"
So much for an airport shuttle......then they were going to reimburse the cost of taking a taxi, NOPE. $90 for a place that stinks, is dirty, rundown, and light switch covers missing. Do yourself a favor and find another place to stay, you will be better off!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"They ran out of coffee"
My boyfriend and I stayed here on our way to California. We just needed a cheap place to stay, we had stayed at other places in the same price range and have gotten way better service. The neighborhood was sketchy and we were worried about our cars all night, we got a lovely wake up call at 1am from the front desk asking for Natalie? I have no idea who Natalie is. Then to top everything off they were out of coffee at breakfast. If you can avoid it, don't stay here.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Horrible hotel.. room was very dirty and smelled really bad
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"never again"
very deceptive pictures. the place was filthy. it was across the street from a public train depot and surrounded by drug flop houses.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2015
"Mediocre at best"
Tv didnt work. A little seedy.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Good for my purpose I guess"
Staff wasn't super friendly, they seemed pretty understaffed or maybe they were experiencing difficulties. Computers were slow during check in. Rooms were mediocre at best. But all I needed was a place to stay for a night so I wasnt expecting fancy anyways.
Ju
"lowest cost in area, rightfully so. 1.5 stars"
Good news: Fresh paint on walls. Downhill after that - don't look at the worn and stained mattresses if you want to sleep peacefully. Stool is loose from floor. Faucets have no stop - have to guess where hot and cold are, and work very hard. Orange juice at breakfast was 1/3 strength, no fruit available.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Nick
"this place is a dump"
People had their stuff stolen out of their rooms...didn't get the room I booked....shenanigans all night like people pounding on all the doors...dogs barking in the room next to us...awesome
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
debra
"Good stay."
Great staff which helped direct me to the location.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
terry
"Dirty hotel, unfriendly staff"
Checking in the staff was less than friendly, found dead cockroaches in the bathroom, extremely noisy, in a trashy part of town, and the room was dirty.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Convenient location, but you get what you paid for"
Crossed the street to eat at a favorite place Red Iguana, close from shopping and arena. Place was clean, but the people from rooms were loud especially after midnight. Person even knocked on our door around 4-5 am asking for someone.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"not worth the money"
internet was down ====shuttle service was not avaiable room was not very clean ===mattress was worn out
2 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Don't Stay Here"
There were beer cans behind the TV stand, the toilet overflowed, the room keys did not work and that is just a few things.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Never Return"
The hotel was ok, but the area of where our rooms were located seemed to be in a very shady area and shared parking lot with Jiffy Lube. There seemed to be a lot of illegal activity going on throughout our stay. We didn't feel safe in the area and will definitely not return.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Red iguana yes, econo-no"
Service was okay. Bathroom light flickered and turned off by itself. Shady area with lots of noise all night.
2 night trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice and friendly staff but that is all..."
Nice and friendly staff but that is all...
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Carl
"no no no"
room is dated and smells from years of smoking, lots of outside sounds at night
4 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Matthew
"Rough room"
Property was not maintained. Burn holes in bedspread, stains on carpet, mold in bathtub. Surprised at econolodge brand standards.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"A Night in Hell"
Bad location near metro. Very loud and didn't seem safe. Front desk agent didn't speak English. Room was not comfortable.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Close to downtown and trax"
The hotel is very close to downtown . Gateway and citycreekmall.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
brenda
"Night from hell"
Worse experience I have ever had. 2 stick motel, one to set on, the other to beat off the rats
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
al
The wasn't pleasant, even though it was a smoker room it smelled as if no one had been in there to thorough clean & change out certain linen. I am highly disappointed with the overall condition of my room. This was by far the worsest stay I've ever had @ a econo lodge location. The others I've stayed in are very clean & smell good regardless if its a non-smoker room or not...
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Nice clean, reasonably priced hotel, friendly and helpful staff, breakfast left a lot to be desired...I would stay again, but go somewhere else to eat.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Diana
"ok"
room was extremely cold when we got in so that wasn't good but other then that it wasn't bad
1 night business trip Dec 31, 2014
room adequate. cool. shower curtin too short to go into tube to catch shower water. ceiling had a have attempt at repair. mold just did not feel clean.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Bring your own mattresses"
Positive. Price was cheap, Wifi worked well. Large parking lot, walking distance from one good and one excellent Mexican restaraunt. Negative. Older place, beds were hard, breakfast was lousy, shower pressure would peel your skin but water was not hot enough, had to take the lid off the toilet to make it flush. Towels we're see through thin
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Jeremy
"Not quite satisfied."
Not the most comfortable beds. Room was not the cleanest. They advertised a very nice breakfast but only had cold cereal and pastries.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Happy customer"
Traveled with my 4 kids and husband great price nice clean room and even the morning breakfast was great
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
gala
"Average"
This hotel I'd consider below average. If you just need a bed and a breakfast it works, but there were ants on the floor in our room and it was definitely old. We liked the locations downtown.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
brian
"For a no frills budget motel, it's very decent"
Get ready for a contemporary style room with a modern look. No carpet, modern furniture and the like.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Rob
"Vacation"
It was ok but could of been better
4 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Tierra
"You Don't Have to Suffer Here to Save Money!"
My first contact with the hotel was a phone call to ask if the shuttle could collect me and my luggage. The clerk told me to take the green line. I explained that I would have, but that I had a lot of luggage and the temperature was in the teens, so I was wondering if the shuttle could pick me up? "I'll call you right back," he said, and hung up the phone, and that was the end of that because he didn't. My experience did not improve. The room had a bed in one side, and two chairs in the other, mostly empty side of the room. Clearly the room was missing its table. Both the furniture and carpet were worn, dirty, and made of unfortunate color combinations. The bed was springy/bouncy in the way of cheap, worn-out mattresses. The two bath towels provided were small, thin, and rough on the skin. The coffee set-up lacked cream and sugar. The room wasn't filthy, but there was a dirty cup behind the dresser and a pair of pajamas left in the closet that housekeepers had missed. Originally booked for four nights, I checked out and moved to another hotel after one. I probably could have stuck it out if I'd had internet access, but their Wi-Fi hadn't worked since 2 am, which put me a full day behind on my work. As I was checking out the clerk mentioned that wi-fi was available in the lobby, if I wanted to bring my laptop there to work. He couldn't have mentioned this during any of my many calls asking for updates on the internet repairs??
4 night trip Nov 17, 2014
Brandon
"not the hilton"
we arrived very late and they didn't have the roll away ready that we'd requested, in fact they told us they didn't know if they had one so the kids ended up sleeping on the floor. there were tears in the carpet. this place is pretty run down. the breakfast was about on par with the room. I guess you can't be too pickty for $50.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Rob
"Ugh"
The first room we got there was water all over the bathroom floor, we called the front desk to let them know, the receptionist said he was on his way after 15 mins he hadn't shown up yet so my boyfriend went back to the office which he had to drive to because the building we were in was around the block, he was still there, hadn't left the office yet, we were given another room but the water in the shower kept getting really hot and cold alternately and in the morning there was no pressure, I had to collect water in a cup to bathe and when I told the person who was there in the morning all she had to say was it's not her fault, I will never stay there again and I hope no one else does because the customer service sucked, the carpets in the rooms were filthy, checkout is at 11am, it was just an overall bad experience
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Absolutely horrible"
Had both live and dead little roaches in the room. Horrible beds, linens and pillows. Hobo sleeping in the dog run area one morning. Hotel claims to have an airport shuttle service, but each time I needed them there was no driver available. This happened to two other travelers in the lobby one day as well.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Becky
Not bad for the $49 price tag, parking lot is a nightmare!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Babs
"Econolodge slc - bad experience"
Run down. Holes in walls. Ice machines didn't work. Never got a key that worked the door. Had to have someone from the office come unlock it EVERY time. Told they would get us another room, but never did. Would not stay the again or recommend it to anyone. Seem to rent their rooms out by the week to less fortunate individuals. Not a good neighborhood.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"short visit to SLC"
I would say it is a reasonable motel for the price. few things that I didn't like about were 1) small dining room for breakfirst 2) smelly room. besides that, I liked it
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
ABC
"It's an EconoLodge."
Nothing special about this place. You get what you pay for. Cheap place to sleep for a few hours on a road trip. Parking lot was filled, which on our late arrival, was a good sign. It was very noisy in the early hours of the morning as truck drivers were pulling their rigs out. Room was outdated but clean. Shower worked fine, bed and bath linens were clean. Would probably look at other options if passing through here again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Stef
Really pleased. The experience is this hotel was really good.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
It was adequate for our needs. It was an older motel but it was a good price so we were glad. The room was clean and the beds were fine. We would probably stay there again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Wish I could give 0"
I hated to have to stay here again but I had a last minute event and needed a room. I reserved the day before my stay. Reserved one room with two queen beds as I had my brother with me. When I walked in at 1130 pm the man behind the desk gave no greeting but was quick to say "We are sold out, I do not have anything for you" to which I explained I had a reservation. He was quick to forget that because when he was done with the man in front of me he told me he has no rooms available. After telling him again he looks and finds my reservation but told me he only has rooms with one king bed. (Oh so you DO have rooms). Then tells me they booked out dirty rooms and that's why there's no queen beds. 20 minutes later he gives me the card key and my brother and I head off to the room we didn't reserve. The room looked a little better than the last I had. That's not a compliment. There are holes in the walls like someone had beat them with a hammer. Stains on pillowcases and sheets. Overall disgustingly horrid motel. Check out lady was just as fun to deal with as the check in guy. This is the shadiest motel with the shadiest staff. I wish I would have just slept in my car in a walmart parking lot. Would have been nicer and cheaper too.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
JJ
"shuttle always on the way"
waiting in airport over 1 hours for the shuttle. so many butterfly in the room
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Carmen
"Scary Neighborhood, room was OK"
Not located in very good neighborhood. Was a little scary at night with a lot of outside noise. The room was comfortable and big but had several maintenance problems, like a hole in the wall, ceiling in bathroom was peeling, no face plate on the bathroom outlet and toilet keep filling every 10 minutes so was noisy at night.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014