All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Dorotheergasse 3, Vienna, Vienna, 1010, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"Great Stay in the City"
The Graben Hotel was centrally located, perfect for sight seeing and shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was plentiful with friendly staff. Reception was very helpful with any questions. If possible, spring for the "Superior Room", we did, and the extra space was very helpful for us as we had an abundance of luggage. The "Standard Room" is still very nice and our friends booked one, but it was tight on space with all of their luggage.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Graben Hotel is a beautiful place to stay"
Awesome location. Excellent service. Beautiful hotel. Only thing I would change is to make the mattress on the bed a little more comfortable, but then again, hotels in Europe don't seem to have the comfortable beds that we are accustomed to in the U.S.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"V good"
Everything was very good.
6 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"great location"
great location. very comfortable and good service.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Ernesto A
"GOT A BAD DEAL"
I had booked this hotel many many months in advanced and when I arrived there, they tell me that there was a reservation mix up and that there is no room for me but offer to send me to their sister hotel, Regina Hotel, a ten minute taxi ride. I argued but got no where so I relented only because it was a long day flying from SFO, which had a departure delay of 6 hours, to Frankfurt to Vienna. I have my suspicion why they didn't want to accommodate me and that is because when I booked, I paid $137.76 per night and days before my arrival, the price was over $400. This hotel is centrally located in town and convienent to most sites and that is why I booked it. I would not recommend this hotel just because of what happen to me.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
The superior double rooms were described as spacious upper floor rooms with view over the roofs of old Vienna whereas they were on the 5th floor without the described view ! But otherwise all was excellent !
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great central choice for Vienna!"
Fantastic location and super friendly/helpful staff. Wifi access was excellent, too.
6 night trip Mar 11, 2015
Michele
"Hotel Graben review"
The hotel was located in a quiet spot in the heart of town. It was close to everything we needed and the metro was about 3 minutes at the most. The staff was outstanding. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Had some questions about the location of our next hotel in Budapest and they offered to figure everything out for me....made the trip very enjoyable. The room was sizable and clean......it was great....recommend it highly
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
dave
"Our Last Stop"
We spent 3 nights here prior to flying back to the states. It was an excellent location for sight seeing the old town. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. This was our last stop on a month long trip and we would highly recommend this hotel. The restaurant next door was also very good and the staff was excellent. It is not the Ritz but has a lot of old world charm.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
VICKI
"Excellent location, wonderful staff."
Respectful, knowledgeable and very professional staff, quick and efficient service. Perfect location, central yet quiet. Absolutely loved it.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Is was very pleasant. The hotel is very clean"
I had a very good time in Grugges, a beutiful and charrmig city.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Close to the Hofburg Palace."
Seven of us stayed in the hotel and went to the IAEA ball at the Hofburg Palace. Great location. Easy access to the sites and trains. Great breakfast and nice Italian restaurant connected to the hotel. Enjoyed our stay.
3 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Cynthia
"My address when I am in Vienna"
I just had another great stay in this great hotel. After years of staying here, I had never eaten in their restaurant. On this trip, I ate there the first evening, and it was so good that I ate there on my last evening. Excellent service and food.
4 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great location, very friendly staff"
Had a great stay, will go back and recommend it to my friends
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
elisabeth
"A Gem"
We were a group of 5, 2 moms and 3 teenagers. We had 2 rooms. My room, with my 2 daughters was large and comfortable and so clean, you could eat of the floor! The toilet was separate from the shower/sink which helped us get prepared in the a.m! The windows were double paned which helped with keeping the temp. perfect. Yes, there was a.m. noise from outside....if you have ever lived in a city...ANY city, you expect noise. If you want perfect quiet, get a room in the country! We also found the front desk staff to be charming and accommodating. We liked our "cocktails" in the early evening and they would bring us a full ice bucket and glasses. We ate dinner twice in the Italian restaurant hotel and both nights the food was excellent. Breakfast came with our room and it was just lovely, there were tons of choices, fresh fruit, breads, cakes, cheeses, meats, eggs and more! And, most important, the location was amazing! Walk out the door to the Stephansplaz (sp) and the subway. I would stay here again and again ( and I am picky). My teens loved the free wi-fi.
4 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Jolie
"The best location in Vienna"
The Graben hotel is right in the middle of everything! Short walks to shops, restaurants , museums and other sights. The hotel is extremely clean and well managed. The adjoining restaurants is the breakfast location with a wonderful buffet served. The same restaurant serves very nice Italian dinners. We were very pleased with our stay at the Graben!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Elliott22
"Charming"
This small, friendly hotel was extremely well located with NICE, NICE, NICE people who couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel felt very European to this California guest which added to our experience. We feel we couldn't have found a more perfect spot from which to explore Vienna inside the Ringstrasse.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Excellent location"
Excellent hotel for city break. Everything is within walking distance, shopping , dinning, museums, Opera...
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Goran
"Quiet, convenient location, but a tad small"
Graben is a very nice hotel and includes breakfast. The room was clean and quiet, but a bit small. We had to put the suitcase in front of the door as there was nowhere else to put it. The breakfast had a nice spread of deli meats, sweet and savory breads, assorted juices, fruit, eggs, and a hot meat. We tended to use the lift more then we usually do as we were on the top/7th floor. The concierge service was very helpful in giving recommendations and getting us restaurant reservations. Location was super convenient as it was only about 250 meters from Stephensdom.
3 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
Meg
"Great hotel choice for Vienna visit"
The Graben met all my expectations: good-size room and well furnished, with comfortable bed and separate chairs for sitting; shower in bathroom was excellent; very clean hotel; very good breakfast included in cost of room. And to top it off, the staff was helpful, professional and welcoming in every way. The Graben is also well located in the central city, making it easy to walk and tour all the major assets and attractions of lovely Vienna!
3 night trip Oct 30, 2014
Terry
Great location. Middle of everything. Rich breakfast. Very friendly staff. Restaurant in the hotel is recommendable.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
askin
"Hidden Gem, close to everything."
This darling boutique hotel is close to everything, yet on a side street removed from most street noise. Easy walking to major attractions and fine dining. Staff were most helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
Sharon Russell
"great location"
Great location, very friendly reception and all staff. Clean room. Room is a bit too small. There's no bottle water in room.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Perfect location In the center of Vienna"
This is my "go to" hotel in Vienna. It is located around the corner from St. Stephen's cathedral and the central-most subway station in the city. My room (including bathroom) was spotlessly clean & the bed was comfortable. The rate included a very good Austrian breakfast each morning and free Wi-Fi. Since I go to places all over the city as well as outside it, the location is a real advantage, near all elements of the city's transportation network. And for shoppers some of the city's finest and most interesting stores are nearby.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
The rooms are small and they lack extras but you have all of the basics that you need, including a small frig and wifi. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. AC worked fine when the windows are closed. The staff was accomodating and very friendly and knew you each time you came in which made you feel at home. Breakfast was included and had a very nice assortment. Waitresses were welcoming and very pleasant. The real value in this hotel is the location! It is perfect! It is right on the Graben and close to an U-Bahn station which made it easy to get anywhere you wanted to go. It is close to the Opera making it easy to get to the Opera or Ballet. We felt like the price was good considering the location. I would stay here again!
7 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"Everything you need at a great price and location"
Loved this hotel. Comfortable bed. Charming decor. Staff was so friendly. Nice little breakfast in the morning. And the location couldn't be better. Would book again with Hotel Graben in a heartbeat!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Adria
The rooms and bathroom are very small and hard to use because of their small size. Staff was friendly and attentive.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great old style hotel with a great location"
I had found this hotel on a recent trip to Vienna and was very pleased with it. Great location close to the underground, which gives you easy access to all of Vienna. Right at Stephensplatz where all the activity is and close to a wide variety of restaurants and bars.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
sheldon
"Central location,easy to get around"
The Graben is centrally located on a side street just off a pedestrian mall. You are close to everything, but far enough removed that the room was quiet. It was very close to the underground and St. Stephans. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. When leaving the hotel you were asked to leave your room key, but the front desk folks got to know you right away so retrieving the key was never any problem. Breakfast was one of the best we had on our 2 week trip. A strong recommendation for the Graben.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Barb
"Excellent choice"
It was a very enjoyable time at Graben. Plan to be thare again.
6 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"perfect position for tourists."
Absolutely no complaints with hotel or staff. They were very helpful when my granddaughter lost her passport. Would definitely return there again and recommend to others.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Joyce
"Close to many must-see sights"
We had to leave the hotel at 5 A.M. and the hotel prepared us nice lunch bags. So, we did not have to buy expensive food on the train to Venice. Thank you for your great service.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Mitsuko
I have been tempted to give this hotel a bad review so that not too many people discover it but it is ideally located for exploring central Vienna with Stefansdom, the Hofburg and Karntnerstrasse on the doorstep as well as a metro station if you want to travel further afield. The only criticism would be the small rooms but in a traditional hotel this close to the centre of an ancient city its unrealistic to expect any different. When we arrived the room had been set up for one person not two but they very quickly rectified this. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet was excellent and I would definitely stay there again on my next visit
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Met all our expectations.Room comfortable and clean. Good breakfast. Great central location.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great Little Botique Hotel in Central Vienna!"
We picked the Graben Hotel based on location and reviews and we were NOT disappointed! From the minute we walked in, the staff was very accommodating and courteous, and the room was very clean and comfortable. We had come off a week with a large family on a Baltic Sea Cruise and were tired, so this 3 day "get-away" was just right for my husband and myself. The Graben Hotel is in a terrific location to many sites in District 1, and walking was a breeze even on a rainy day. The front-desk staff spoke English very well, made great suggestions, and handled ticket reservations efficiently. The breakfast was better than we anticipated and we had dinner at the outdoor cafe the last night, which was delicious. We had a room that looked over the street and it was very quiet, which we never expected in central Vienna. We would go back there again!!
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Sara and Tim
"Vienna Convenience"
Convenient location by Graben and very helpful restaurant and reception staff.
15 night trip May 26, 2014
V.P.
Great location and helpful staff! A lot of attractions were in walking distance and the staff was excellent at arranging tours and providing assistance
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Ashley
excellent location
4 night family trip May 11, 2014
"Excellent location"
The location is excellent. Only one minute from Stephensplatz and the U-Bahn. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and typical of the breakfast served in hotels in German speaking countries. The only complaint is that the room seemed a bit basic for a 4-star hotel. No facility for tea / coffee. No free mineral water.. Not even a clock in the room. Just a very expensive mini-bar.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Graham
"Very nice hotel in excellent location."
We spent 2 nights in this nice hotel, which is located in a very central location, from where you can visit many interesting places just by walking. It is also close to a metro station. Staff very kind and good breakfast.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Fernando
"Excellent staffs. Quiet , clean, central"
I was very impressed with the staffs, especially with the front desk staffs. They were courteous, helpful and informative since it was my first time in Vienna. The hotel location is convenient to underground subways, Imperial Palace, the Spanish riding school, steps away from Stephan Church plaza, city hall, Danube river cruise, tons of shopping but quiet and clean. Breakfasts have a variety with healthy choices. I will choose this hotel again next time when I come back to Vienna. On the day we leave Vienna, we need to get to the airport very early, they packed a lunch bag.
Other trip May 14, 2014
Hoai
"Excellent small hotel in the center of it all"
On and off I have been going to the Graben Hotel since 1972. I have had bigger and most impressive rooms before in the same hotel, but even the small room assigned to me was simply impeccable. Clean, simply but beautifully furnished, small but also impeccable bathroom, nice breakfast and free WiFi. What more can you ask from a city hotel for a reasonable price?
3 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
Stephen L
"Great small hotel in the center of Vienna"
Excellent location, very efficient staff. The rooms are very small, but outright pretty and impeccably maintained so it was not difficult to like it. Free Wifi and a decent breakfast was also included in the very reasonable price. The location is superb just minutes from St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Vienna State Opera, Kartner Strasse and Graben shopping streets and the most beautiful grocery store in the world Julius Meinl.
1 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
Stephen L
This is an excellent hotel at a fair price. The location is unbeatable, just steps from the main square and close to all central city attractions. Also just steps from great metro connections. The room was sizable and comfortable, the breakfast was fine, and service was friendly and well done. Cafes, pastry shops, good restaurants, etc. are abundant nearby.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Didn't Even Get a Chance to Stay"
They apparently didn't have room for us (which I found odd, cause no one was even waiting in reception.) so they sent us to their sister hotel "Royal" around the corner and I realized it was a hotel I looked at and did NOT want to stay at! But, we were stuck and it was HORRIBLE! Graben Hotel said Royal would upgrade our room for us....I know they didn't. Disgusting room and I was not happy at all. They did have an apology letter and the traditional mini cakes that Vienna are known for. But, it didn't really help. Breakfast was nice though. So I can't truly rate this hotel...but I was disappointed that this happened. Hotels.com did compensate us for part of our stay because the Royal was way cheaper than what we paid!
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Graben Hotel ranks high."
My traveling group of 3 lady friends stayed at the Graben Hotel for 4 nights while in Vienna. I selected this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor and Expedia. I was not led astray. The staff was so very friendly and helped with every step we took navigating the subways and trains. The rooms were clean and ample size. The front lobby had a computer for free use. I suggest going directly across the room (literally 10 steps) to eat the best schnitzel in town. I cannot say enough about this hotel and the staff. All employees from the waiters and waitresses, maids and front desk SMILED all the time. Thank you Graben hotel for making our visit to Vienna memorable.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Chrissy
"Everything great"
The stay was very pleasant. I could not beleive how close it was to all tourist attractions. Very easy to get to from the airport. Hotel staff is very helpful and polite. The room is spotless and comfortable.Breakfast is substantial. The only thing I was missing is a clock in the room. I did not have my phone or watch with me.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"Great location, but I wasn't comfortable."
While I like being warm, the heat in my tiny room (a single) at Hotel Graben was set at about 75 degrees and I couldn't turn it down. This was fine during the day but not at night! When I asked the hotel staff about this one gentleman said, "It's set at the appropriate level" and another said, "Well, you could turn on the A/C." I finally opened a window at night, but hate to do that when the world is in an energy crisis! Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Simply a great hotel!"
If you are looking for a very, very good moderately-priced hotel in the center of Vienna, the Graben Hotel meets all of your needs. Since they finished their total renovation, a year ago, it is even better.
3 night trip Feb 2, 2014
"Perfect location for tourist"
Excellent central location. Not much to be said about hotel iself: clean, nice, room small but comfortable and quiet enough. Perfect for solo traveler to spend a couple of nights.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2013