All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Dorotheergasse 3ViennaVienna1010Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Good internet service
    Bad amenities
"Excellent small hotel in the center of it all"
On and off I have been going to the Graben Hotel since 1972. I have had bigger and most impressive rooms before in the same hotel, but even the small room assigned to me was simply impeccable. Clean, simply but beautifully furnished, small but also impeccable bathroom, nice breakfast and free WiFi. What more can you ask from a city hotel for a reasonable price?
3 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
Stephen L
"Great small hotel in the center of Vienna"
Excellent location, very efficient staff. The rooms are very small, but outright pretty and impeccably maintained so it was not difficult to like it. Free Wifi and a decent breakfast was also included in the very reasonable price. The location is superb just minutes from St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Vienna State Opera, Kartner Strasse and Graben shopping streets and the most beautiful grocery store in the world Julius Meinl.
1 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
Stephen L
This is an excellent hotel at a fair price. The location is unbeatable, just steps from the main square and close to all central city attractions. Also just steps from great metro connections. The room was sizable and comfortable, the breakfast was fine, and service was friendly and well done. Cafes, pastry shops, good restaurants, etc. are abundant nearby.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Didn't Even Get a Chance to Stay"
They apparently didn't have room for us (which I found odd, cause no one was even waiting in reception.) so they sent us to their sister hotel "Royal" around the corner and I realized it was a hotel I looked at and did NOT want to stay at! But, we were stuck and it was HORRIBLE! Graben Hotel said Royal would upgrade our room for us....I know they didn't. Disgusting room and I was not happy at all. They did have an apology letter and the traditional mini cakes that Vienna are known for. But, it didn't really help. Breakfast was nice though. So I can't truly rate this hotel...but I was disappointed that this happened. Hotels.com did compensate us for part of our stay because the Royal was way cheaper than what we paid!
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Graben Hotel ranks high."
My traveling group of 3 lady friends stayed at the Graben Hotel for 4 nights while in Vienna. I selected this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor and Expedia. I was not led astray. The staff was so very friendly and helped with every step we took navigating the subways and trains. The rooms were clean and ample size. The front lobby had a computer for free use. I suggest going directly across the room (literally 10 steps) to eat the best schnitzel in town. I cannot say enough about this hotel and the staff. All employees from the waiters and waitresses, maids and front desk SMILED all the time. Thank you Graben hotel for making our visit to Vienna memorable.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Chrissy
"Everything great"
The stay was very pleasant. I could not beleive how close it was to all tourist attractions. Very easy to get to from the airport. Hotel staff is very helpful and polite. The room is spotless and comfortable.Breakfast is substantial. The only thing I was missing is a clock in the room. I did not have my phone or watch with me.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"Great location, but I wasn't comfortable."
While I like being warm, the heat in my tiny room (a single) at Hotel Graben was set at about 75 degrees and I couldn't turn it down. This was fine during the day but not at night! When I asked the hotel staff about this one gentleman said, "It's set at the appropriate level" and another said, "Well, you could turn on the A/C." I finally opened a window at night, but hate to do that when the world is in an energy crisis! Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Simply a great hotel!"
If you are looking for a very, very good moderately-priced hotel in the center of Vienna, the Graben Hotel meets all of your needs. Since they finished their total renovation, a year ago, it is even better.
3 night trip Feb 2, 2014
"Perfect location for tourist"
Excellent central location. Not much to be said about hotel iself: clean, nice, room small but comfortable and quiet enough. Perfect for solo traveler to spend a couple of nights.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2013
Max
"A hidden jewel"
This is not a luxury hotel but for the price and convenience it is well worth the money. It provides the basics of everything a traveler needs, clean beds, private bath with toiletries, fluffy towels and good lighting and now internet. It's right off the Graben across from the Hawleka Cafe. Best of all is the staff; they were all helpful, friendly and international! The concierge were helpful making it easy for us to make connections, use the u-bahn and s--bahn, go to Baden for a thermal bath for a day, get tickets to a musical, and much more. The breakfasts were top rated with eggs, sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, a variety of bread types and rolls, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. It lasted me most of the day. We were envious of a couple who booked a whole month in the hotel!
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
World traveller
"Perfect location for Vienna"
The Graben Hotel's best feature is it's location steps from everything you should want to see in Vienna's old town. St.Stephen's Cathedral is about a block, and the Opera is a reasonable walk a little further. But, this is not to say the hotel itself is not worth it. The location is only part of the Graben's charm. Old world meets more modern conveniences here. VERY clean and helpful staff make this one a wonderful place to stay in this timeless city.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Cecilia
"Nice Hotel and right next to the shopping district"
they parked our car for us which was very important for a downtown area. It was also close to St. Stephen's Cathedral. Breakfast was included and very good.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Jutta
"Perfect location in Vienna"
This small traditional style city hotel is ideally located close to St. Stephens in the stylish heart of Vienna. Well run, by a friendly and efficient small staff, it also has the advantage of including an excellent and reasonably priced Italian restaurant.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
anonymous
"Ganz in der Mitte der Stadt!"
My second stay at Hotel Graben. Excellent staff, extensive breakfast, clean, small but comfortable rooms.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Next to pedestrian mall, St. stephensplatz"
Lovely hotel staff who were very attentive. Restaurant had very nice breakfast buffet. Single room is small but ok for one. Bed was very firm. Very close to Hofburg Palace, Spanish Riding School and the subway. Pillows could be better but overall a wonderful place
5 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Pony doc
"Very close to evertything"
liked the history of the hotel and the location was excellent...................................
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"In the heart of it all"
The location is close to a lot of the sites as well as easy access to the underground. The hotel was surprising in both good and bad ways. I was surprised and happy that I was allowed to check in early on a saturday. I had read reviews that said previous guests had trouble just checking bags, so I was shocked when they said I could get into my room before noon. That beat having to check my bags. I was almost equally as shocked at how small my room turned out to be. Another pleasant surprise was they said the WiFi would only work in the lobby, but I was able to get it up in my room. Their policy is to leave the room key at the front desk when you leave the hotel. That would normally be fine but since the safe in the room didn't work it was a little concerning, luckily I didn't have any issues during my stay.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Very nice hotel. Perfect location"
We stayed in Vienna 5 days. The Graben hotel is a very good one from any resoect: Location, staff,cleaniness, very good buffet breakfast and moderate price.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
We stayed at this hotel prior to a river cruise and the stay was wonderful. Delightful breakfast each morning. Greatest thing about this hotel was Location! Location! Location! You could walk to most things. Close to restaurants, easy to get to the train when needed.Only negative was that we were on the fifth floor and the elevator broke down twice during our stay. Once on our departure day, but they sent someone up to get our luggage.
6 night romance trip Jul 18, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
Very centrally located just a few steps off Stephansplatz square and the underground station. The hotel is clean but our room on the 7th floor was small. In room air conditioning was excellent. Only one elevator serves all rooms. The staff is helpful and the hotel restaurant is quite good. The included breakfast is complete and tasty. We would definitely stay at the Graben again.
4 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"Nice, inexpensive hotel conveniently located"
A bargain: quiet and clean, just steps from the Graben plaza. We arrived around noon and they were kind enough to get us into our room by about 12:30, even though check-in time is 3:00. It was very quiet despite being in the center of everything. The hotel's restaurant is reasonable, and there are many other dining options within walking distance. It's an older hotel with a history: writers Max Brod and Franz Kafka both stayed here. The hotel staff were efficient and friendly. The room wasn't huge, but more than sufficient for our needs, and it was air conditioned.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Perfect location, helpful staff"
We stayed four nights at Hotel Graben. The hotel is seconds from St. Stephens metro stop--the location was excellent.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
gg
"Great hotel."
This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in where everything was excellent. Location was on a quiet side street with 4 or 5 cafes/restaurants, and was about 100 feet from the lively Graben which has several high end stores, tourist attractions, money exchange, restaurants, architecture, statues, etc. Close to the awe inspiring presence of St. Stevens Cathedral. I found the Innerestadt supplemented with Subway rides to be very walkable and safe. Don't forget to walk the oldest parts of Vienna (near Mozart Haus, Schonlatengasse, etc.) for narrow and sometimes cobblestone streets with fewer tourists. The free breakfast buffet was very good with fast friendly service, and the italian restaurant is quite tasty as well. Great Hotel!
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Great location in the middle of Wien"
Graben hotel is quite newly renovated, the old style is still kept , bed is comfortable and badroom all redone , very nice. Wifi in the room is working well. The rooms we had were very small and all 3 rooms we had were facing the wall of the house behind Graben so no view and rooms quite dark, if we had spent more time in the rooms, would have been uncomfortable. The rooms facing Dorothea street would have been much nicer, but hotel was fully booked. A/C was working well and really needed in the quite stuffy rooms facing the back. Breakfast was good. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant in the hotel, the food was good but we did not appreciate the waiter insisting we need to add 10% tip since that is customary in Austria: it is not, service in Austria in generally included, but tip can be added for very good service and upon discretion of the customer (and we did tip him in the first place anyway) . Location of the hotel is great, walking distance to almost everywhere and metro station at Graben and also Stephansdom. the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Mervi

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Great location, just next to Stephensplatz. Hotel staff, were very friendly staff and a reasonably priced restaurant attached. Good breakfast. The room would be better if there were tea/coffee making facilities in the room. There was a flickering lightbulb when we arrived. I removed the bulb. Also the safe was faulty. Reception staff were informed, but nothing was fixed for the duration of our stay.
2 night trip Mar 20, 2016
Damian
The breakfast spread was very good. But the rooms size versus the cost was disproportionately high. For the extra days stay, we were happy to shift to another hotel in the area at a lesser cost.
5 night business trip Mar 12, 2016
Nandini
IN
"Weekend in Vienna"
We had a great 4 days in Vienna the hotel was very helpful and very central 5 mins walk to the Opera and the Horses a very good choice. Not the biggest room we have ever had, but very clean, housekeeping good, breakfast set you up for the day - could not fault the place for the price.
4 night romance trip Mar 10, 2016
"Perfect Location"
Fantastic location and staff were excellent. Breakfast was ok but a bit basic; a little more variety would have done it. Room was comfortable and bathroom was clean with good products for use. I would not hesitate to go back as we were within walking distance of all the main attractions; this included the hop-on hop-off tour which was offered cheaper at the hotel!
4 night romance trip Mar 8, 2016
Angela
"Excellent central hotel"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Good choice for breakfast. Hotel could not be better located for sightseeing, shopping and eating. Would definitely choose this hotel again.
5 night romance trip Feb 23, 2016
"Well located hotel to explore Vienna"
Hotel situated in the centre of the city & ideal for a base to explore Vienna. Staff very friendly & helpful.
4 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Brendan
It was good - the wi fi did not work in my room and they gave me a different room. I had to move my stuff but they were very busy at the time and this was not a problem. breakfast could be improved a bit - more fresh fruit and a wider variety of museli's and granola but the yoghurt was very good.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Love this hotel,very convenient for everything.....like to stay more in thr future...
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
"Close to all you need to see in Vienna"
Nice experience
5 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Excellent stay. Fantastic location, quiet room, friendly stuff, very clean. Room was not big but decent. Mediocre breakfast - but who cares. Very small TV in the room - but who cares.
6 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Irvin
IL
Enjoyable. Hotel location Convenient spot for holiday travel.
4 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
It was good time at the hotel, the service was good.
4 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
I booked a hotel with air conditioning. The hotel did have air conditioning but did not turn it on. The rooms were tiny. My view was a brick wall. However the location was perfect and the staff were very professional and helpful would I stay here again definitely not.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Graben Hotel"
Really enjoyable stay at a pereftly siuuated hotel.
6 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Perfect Location"
Best thing is the location. Right in the centre. 10 seconds from Stephenplatz tube station and walking distance to all the sights. Friendly and helpful staff and comfortable rooms. No bar/lounge area but restaurant for breakfast. This is a hotel for people who want a base to see everything and it delivers on that score.
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Lucinda
Close to Stefans Platz, which is what I wanted. Breakfast was great, and I used the adjoining restaurant on my first night (good Italian food).
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Old world charm...."
A hidden gem so central in Vienna and just by a central underground station. Lots ofrather genteel guests who stay up to a week or so would seem. Not knocking it but is very much like stepping back in time.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Cymru
"A welcoming hotel right in the centre of Vienna"
The hotel itself is old but very well appointed, with free wi-fi, and clean. We had a comfortable and spacious room, and friendly staff made us feel at home. There was an excellent buffet for breakfast. Although the street is very quiet, there were three excellent cafes, one next door and two across the road. We liked these so much we did not get around to trying the hotel's own restaurant but it looked fine. We had a magical time, and liked being able to come back for a rest between walks all around all around Vienna. Many places are within walking distance and there is a good tram and bus service.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Highly recommended"
Spotless, amazing location steps away from subway, heart of old Vienna, great breakfast, nice sized room.
4 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"Good central location"
Good location close to the heart of Vienna, friendly helpful staff, good breakfast in the morning. Rooms are a touch smaller than expected though.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Vienna break"
3 day 4 night trip to Vienna. excellent food, sightseeing and opera in pedestrian friendly beautiful city walked everywhere, opera twice (Merry Widow at Volksoper and Barber of Seville at Staatsoper), several museums (Kunsthistorisches, Natural History, Jewish, Freud, Albertina) with good to spectacular museum restaurants. walked to the Danube. morning exercise at Spanish Riding School, sacher torte at Sacher Hotel...perfect
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Ian
"Nice hotel close to the center"
Close to the center,very friendly and Russian speaking staff .Very nice restaurant.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Valentina
"Graben hotel-great choice"
excellent hotel.
4 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Ljiljana
"REVIEW OF THE GRABEN HOTEL, VIENNA"
Very nice hotel, situated in a quiet street right in the centre, in an ideal location for seeing most of the sights in this wonderful city. Well placed for restaurants also. Stephansplatz underground is a few steps away. Superior room was nice, though aircon was a bit weak. Excellent service in the restaurant. Reception staff very good. Computer available in lobby for on-line check-in.
6 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
Robin
"Very comfortable hotel in the centre of Vienna."
Convenient for many tourist venues and underground train. Friendly hotel staff. Good breakfast with generous continental and also scrambled egg and sausages every day.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Ruth
"A Great Hotel"
The complimentary breakfast was lavish and the dinners wonderful and graciously served out of doors.
3 night trip Sep 20, 2014