All hotels in Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here200 N Green Bay Rd, Grand Ave & Green Bay Rd, Waukegan, IL, 60085, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.6
"Inexpensive for a reason"
Glasses were dirty, coffee maker but no cups provided. Not a great area of town. Apparently, they try harder for the families staying for Navy boot camp graduation s ,but not worth staying here for any other reason.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Shotwell
"Ugh"
The hot tube was not working. The sauna wasn't either. There was a fire drill no one told us when to go back in. Deff. Not going back
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Juan
"Not recommended"
The phone and the microwave in one of ours rooms didn't work. The carpet throughout the building is in desperate need of replacing. The walkway to the pool is unheated and very cold. The breakfast was one of the worst complimentary breakfasts I have ever seen
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Kathleen
"HORRRRRIBBBBLLLEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It was one of the most horrible experiences. The room was extremely dirty, we had no fridge or microwave. No towels or garbage was not taken. There was hair everywhere. Room service never came and I feel I was very much robbed. Our room had already been prepaid and we offered nothing in return for this horrible service.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Under Constuction"
The hotel was under construction. They put us on the right side of the hotel - the Constuction side. I guess the lady at the front desk felt sorry for us the last 2 nights and gave us a room on the left side- side not under Constuction The right side was rooms -style 80s The left side rooms were upgraded 3 star ?? Not yet!! The good reviews probably are from the guests that stayed on the upgraded side... Never again
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
phillip
"Close to Naval Base"
This hotel is very close to the Naval Base. It's great in terms of convenience... only 10 minutes away! Not bad for a short term stay.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"NEVER. AGAIN!!!"
The customer service of the workers was nonexistent. Almost every time I went to the front desk, there was a sign stating the someone would be back in 5 minutes. I was put in a smoking room when I asked for a non-smoking room. The continental breakfast left much to be desired. It was stuff that I could have packed and brought in my suitcase. The pool was dirty and signs were up saying that it needed to be cleaning when it was supposed to be open. I was very disatisfied.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Corinne
"Very noisy"
Very noisy doors slamming all night couldnt sleep at all, also had no little shampoo bottle in the room didn't notice it until already in the shower :(
terry
"Surprising"
With the past reviews I was uncertain on how my stay was going to be but it was fine. Robert the front desk was awesome, he let us check in 4 hrs early. The room did smell musty but we sprayed lavender a couple times and it was fine. The bar and grill was delicious and Alfie the bartender was very nice and the 4 free drink coupons came in handy. Thank you
"great stay"
Went for graduation at great lakes overall hotel was great but pool entrance and pool area were rough
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"No worries..."
We had a wonderful stay.Very friendly staff! We came here with our entire family to see our daughter graduate from the Navy boot camp and everything went very smoothly...
4 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Sherri
"to many kids"
Couldn't use pool to many people kids every where and hot tub crowded with kids. Breakfast wasn't very good and way too many kids.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
brookes
"Bad night of rest"
There was police called on two separate occasions in the middle of the night.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
LaDonna
"Never again"
We need it an extra bed, there was none We need it towels they said, "we don't have any till tomorrow". The staff members weren't very helpful. Breakfast not impresive at all. I will look for others options next time
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Esdras
"cheaper not always better"
Hotel has a weird layout and dark hallways to get from one end to the other. Our room, even though it said non smoking had ask trays in room and reeked of smoke. We booked late and when asked to switch rooms were told they were full and non were available. The matresses were old and had dip spots in the middle. The pillows were very nice though. The first night of the stay was descent on a Thursday night, however this is an older hotel and you can hear every car door close in the parking lot, and every toilet flush in the rooms around you, as well as hallway noise and any talking over a low voice. The hotel throughout is outdate and in need of upgrading with water damage around window sills, wall paper and pain peeling all over, and exit doors that look like they are ready to fall off, and in room heaters are extremely loud. The second night we were awaken by gunshots and 6 police cars outside our room window with the parking lot being taped off as a crime scene. After waiting till morning to feel safe to leave the room again when checking out, asked about incident and our safety, hotel had nothing to say on either. I picked the hotel because of the rate. I guess I got what I paid for....With the gun shot incident aside, understand that is out of the hotel control, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to save money, not very comfortable and in need of repairs.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
william
"Nice lobby. The rest like a maze. Parts dingy."
The area that we stayed in at the hotel was old, warn and halls smelled funny. It was a bit of a maze to get around. They did have small sign saying that they were working on appearance. I expected more from a Ramada. On the good side, the staff was very friendly. Price was very reasonable.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
comfortable rooms, nice amenities, close to naval base.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Friendly but old"
The staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was good and the shuttle to the navy base was great. The hotel really needs updated. They where short on towels, so the only gave us 2 bath towels and one hand towel for 3 people. They also needed to buy a little better quality of towels. The room was kind of in bad shape. the bathroom door would not close.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
synthia
"naval graduation"
the room was clean however had an odor of an ash tray. take a candle if you go!
3 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to six flags, and restaurants"
we stayed there for a weekend when we went to sixflags, the bar downstairs was nice they have pool tables. the pool is a good size the kids loved it. overall i am glad we picked that place deff will stay there again!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
MRs
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
Front desk staff awful. They ran out of shower towels. My doors keys did not work half the time and had to go down to the front desk at one time for could not get into the room at all. The response from the front desk clerk, "oh ya, this happens all the time." REALLY!!!! Then fix the system. NO elevator so had to carry all my luggage up stairs. The outside back doors were NOT locked to the public. Garbage bins in view and overflowing and had to pass to get into hotel door. The parking lot was so noisy with the people at the party in the hotel and there was a fight in the lobby, police were called and was up until 2am listening to all the commotion, noise and police. And I am telling anyone I can about the stay. Get your act together.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Jenny
"Dirty, noisy and neglegted."
Front desk man was the only good thing about this stay. My room was occupied when i checked in but didnt know that until i tried to enter and the security chain was on! The front desk man was very nice and gave me a suite since all other rooms were booked. My group called ahead to let them know we wouldn't b checking in until very late(after 1am) as well. Hotel was filthy in the stairs and hallways. Very run down. My suite only had 3 towels and looked like it had been empty for some time since it was dusty and the desk had a stain. Pillows were comfy and bed was pretty good. There were very rowdy guests on my floor that were very loud up until almost 5 am!! My group was checking in at 4am and was shocked at how noisy it was. Luckily we were so tired we didnt notice for long. Fir the price and few hours we were there it was ok but i would never stay there again for ANY amount of time. Sad.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Lori
"Ok hotel"
For the price, I was satisfied but it was very stuffy and full of dust. I had breathing problems that when away when I left the hotel room. The facilities are older but not too shabby.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"No way!!!"
Hair in shower and on sink...no pillows or blankets...nor towels one bit in 2 days we asked over 7 X and they said they didn't have any and that's it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
When we went to check in after booking an hour or two ahead of time, they didn't have our reservation. Not only that, but the guy behind the counter didn't care whatsoever. 3 other people had the same problem and he didn't help any of us. He simply said they didn't have the reservation. We waited over an hour and a half at the hotel, and they still hadn't received our reservation. This is a terrible hotel and I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here for the terrible customer service. The phone was ringing off the hook and when he was standing there behind the desk with no customers he still didn't even pick it up. When he had a line of people to attend to, did he finally decide to take multiple calls and keep over 7 people waiting in line. Ridiculous.
Dylan
"Hotel"
I had a horrible experience. We arrived to our room late and ready for bed. I pulled back the sheets and found hair on the sheets. There was only one towel for 4 people. I called the front desk at 8:00 am and they said towels will be available at 10am. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.
D
"Wonderful"
It was a very special time for me and the family. The hotel staff was wonderful and very helpful to all our needs. We were there for our sons Navy graduation and the hotel was very close to the base. Great stay,very clean,lots of places to go and eat or do things in the area. Will recommend this hotel. Thanks again the Bretts
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Brett
Restaurant and bar area new and nice. Friendly staff. Room and hallway had stale smell.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Mediocre at best."
This was the worst of the 3 Hotels I been staying in near the Gurnee area in the past month. Overall, at best, it was mediocre. The first room I was given had not been completed as the bed had a pile of 5 pillows on it and it was obvious the room was not ready for the next guest. The staff was courteous and immediately gave me another room, which was ready. There is a smell in this hotel, that I can't quite place. I called the front desk because there were multiple wireless networks labeled "Ramada" and the one I was told to use didn't work. So I just went through them all until I found one that worked. My stay here was rather disappointing. You could do better. Not sure if I'll stay here again, and many other people seem to agree as the restaurant was "closed due to lack of attendance" at the hotel. So, on the brighter side, it should be easy to get a room here in a pinch, as it was fairly empty.
4 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Joe Trucker
"AWFUL"
Do not stay in this Norman Bates type of hotel!!!
3 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"WORST PLACE EVER !!"
I was very unhappy with this place I took my family there to enjoy the weekend getaway and it was horrible the room and hall smelled like pot!! and I called down to desk and wanted some air freshern and nothing was done!an the bed sheets weren't changed looked like some one has been sleeping in them before we got there bodyprint Ion top of covers still!spirders crawling around every where and up the walls! a/c didn't work! couldn't take a shower went to front desk to get towels so we could freshen up and they said they would have house keepin bring some up to the room and we waited and waited and no one came!!and I went down to the house keepers cart they were mixing clean with dirty to linins on there cart and didn't know what was clean and I talked wiTH one house keeper and they told me they had no towels to give us and that is very gross it made my family very disappointed cus they couldn't get cleaned up !and the breakfast was horrible as well that was gross as well nothing there for a diabetic cereal was stale! the only thing that I could eat was a banana and I don't call that a breaksfast ,black mold growing up the wall !!PLACE I EVER SEEN DIRT IN CORNERS AND I THINK THEY SHOULD REFUND ME MY MONEY BACK I EVEN CALLED THE HOTEL AND WANT TO TALK TO MANAGER AND I LEFT A MESSAGE ON VOICE MAIL AND FRONT DESK AS WELL NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK STILL WAITING
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
brenda
"OK... A re-model would do it wonders."
The staff was very pleasing to deal with. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel, in general, was pretty run down. My room was at the back of the furthest building. It backed up to, what looked like, fairly cheap apartments. There was poor parking light lighting. The security door to the hotel, in the back, looked like someone had tried to force it open. That made me feel a bit nervous. Over all, not to bad.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Dee
"Good for the Money"
Rooms are good sized and very clean. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Place is a bit dated. Nice big pool and hot tub area with a sauna that was not working. Breakfast was a little thin, but loads of room to sit and eat. Walls also a little thin and what is with the tiny pillows on the beds? But the beds themselves were comfortable. Internet was fast and reliable. All in all, it was a good place to stay for the money. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Very Dissatisfied"
The room was not clean - it smelled very bad. I booked for 3 people in the room and received 2 towels, when I asked for additional I was told there weren't enough to give anymore. The lighting in the room was very poor. I asked for coffee for the coffee maker in my room since there was only enough provided for 1 person (again, the room was booked for 3 people) I did not receive any more coffee. I was booked for 2 days - I had coffee for 1 person for 1 day. The continental breakfast was poor at best. I would not stay here again. Honestly, I think I should get a refund of some sort.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
This was the second time we stayed there. First time was better. The lady at the desk was rude. But the guy was very nice. Pillows were uncomfortable. Breakfast was better the first time we stayed. Hopefully third times a charm.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Anna
"great hotel"
It's wad great overall we enjoyed our stay
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
christine
"Great Beds"
The beds were so comfortable and the room had plenty of space. The breakfast, although free, was a bit to be desired - bagels and donuts were a bit stale.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Hotel smelled moldy! No ironing board in room! Did not change sheets. Same dirty spots on bed! Will never stay here again! Did not bring clean towels for day two!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Terri
"great lakes Ramada"
Our room was disgusting. Carpet was filthy. There was something sticky on the carpet. I believe it was jelly or jam. The hotel fridge had a pizza left in it. It was pretty smelly when we opened it. Hotel restaurant was dirty and the bartender was rude.
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
Guillermo
"Definitely worth the price"
The check in staff was so friendly and helpful, and the parking lot was easy to maneuver, and well lit. The only downside was that it doesn't have an elevator. Room was very clean and comfortable. We didn't attend the breakfast, so I cannot rate that.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Wanda
"Close to Naval Station"
Was pleasant although the size of bed are allot smaller than an actual size of a queen size bed. The fitness center should have weights consist of dumb bells at least for a complete workout.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"GA experience"
the only thing I did not like is the breakfast end at 9:00 am
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
jorge
My daughter and I had a very pleasant stay. There was only one time I had to call the front desk to report loud people next to us but they quickly handled the problem. The people at the front desk were very polite and helpful. When we go back, we will stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Brandy McNeil
"Great Place to stay for Navy Graduation"
This Hotel is a little dated but it is clean and employees are friendly. We were there for my Nephew's graduation from Great Lakes Naval Academy so the location was close and we had a great time.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Paul D
"Ramada Inn, Waukegan near Great Lakes, IL"
We wanted to stay somewhere close to the Naval Base at Great Lakes, Il, where our daughter graduated Navy Boot Camp. We have stayed, and are familiar, with Ramada Inns. So this was a logical choice when we chose it stay at. The Inn is quite large, I thought we'd need a map. But after a few times of walking around inside the building, it was quite easy. It's really like a square. Go one direction, you will 'circle' around. Staff was very nice all the time. The special things they had for Navy families was excellent! Thank you! Everything seems nice and clean, but do not expect a brand new building. But do not worry, nothing is like so warn out it needs replacing. The only two kind of negative things I can say are that the pool was a little cold to really swim in, and the rooms do not have little refrigerators. We did not ask for one either, so maybe it IS something that can be added. The Base 42 Restaurant was very good and I would recommend it to anyone. We would definitely stay again if we were to return to Great Lakes. We would definitely return knowing what we do now. Thanks!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"It was ok thanks"
Average price a day was around $77 which is to much for this hotel...
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
vladimir
"Convenient hotel to Navy recruiting base"
Recommend 2 shuttle during Navy recruiting graduation
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
7702plan
"Navy Graduation"
No excuses are allowed, this is a weekly occurrence for the hotels in or near Great Lakes, IL - thousands of family members come to town EVERY Thursday! The Ramada knows and expects the high volume of customers every Thursday for the Navy graduation on Friday morning. The hotel was understaffed, they had two desk clerks of which one was running in circles trying to resolve issues. We arrived at 9:00 PM, the check-in wait was 20-30 minutes which is trying after a day of travel. After finally checking in we had to wait 2 hours for a roll-away bed (which was requested as part of the reservation) because they had no idea where they were and had to locate them. Our room was sub-standard, the mattresses were worn out and the roll-away bed was shot. The carpet was stained & worn, toilet seat was loose, room smelled of insecticide. The hallway had a bad, musty smell and ceiling tiles were stained and missing. The breakfast buffet was set up in a horseshoe fashion that caused a traffic jam, there was lipstick on my "clean" coffee cup. The entrance door closest to our room would catch on the bottom and took extra effort and understanding to open and close which could be a hazard in the need of an emergency exit. It was more of a low end, slumlord experience then we expected from a Ramada.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Navy Mom
We had a large room with 3 queen beds. The room was fine, but we only had one chair! The design and decor of the hotel was similar to a military barracks. Service was outstanding. Food was very good. The bar was very good. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014