All hotels in Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America
200 N Green Bay Rd, Grand Ave & Green Bay Rd, Waukegan, IL, 60085, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.6
"Hotel close to Naval Command Cebter"
Perfect location if you are attending graduation! It's not a bad hotel and they accomadated us nicely. Though, the hall ways and rooms need a little but more of an upgrade!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ashlene
"Not bad."
It was a short stay, not bad but we got what we paid for.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Excellent, I would stay here again!"
Excellent hotel with great service. The receptionist was so friendly and made our experience even better! The breakfast is incredible, we rate it a 10. This hotel made my morning pleasant and had me in a great mood before a big interview!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"travel excellent"
nice and clean will try to visit again. well worth the stay. you have to go to see what I'm talking about. thank you all
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
charlotte
The overall stay was good. It was close to the Navy Base and that was a plus. It was very cold out and it took a while to get the room warmed up. My son wanted to get into the pool and the jacuzzi, but they were dirty. Other than that, they stay was enjoyable. They always cleaned our room while we were out! That is great service.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Bathroom leaking notified staff and nothing was done. Housekeeping wasn't tidy at all bathroom wasn't always clean therefore I had to clean bathroom.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"This hotel needs to be bulldozed."
Hallways were dark and drafty. Parking lot was unlit and insecure. Room was cleaned but in terrible condition. Doorjam broken, sink not draining and had a horrible musty odor. The water ran brown dirty water. Carpets were old and stained. We checked out immediately after checking in it was that bad. On the good side, the staff refunded our money and were apologetic and understanding.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Very BAD!!!!!"
Over all it was horrible! I had to checked out and then found out that it was the only hotel available, so I checked back in into a different room was told by management if house keeping had to clean my room that there was going to be extra charges! Ummm isn't that housekeeping job?? Then got a call from my credit card company about there being extra charges on my card from the front desk, when asked about it they didn't know why.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Ashley
"Close to Naval graduation"
There is a shuttle from the hotel to the Naval graduation. Lots os military families stay here. Breakfast is decent. It was a good value.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Went to visit a friend that just graduated from BootCamp and had a great time. The hotel had a great breakfast and even opened an hour earlier in the morning the day of graduation. The staff was nice and attentive. Check in and out was a breeze because of Expedia.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"I was expecting a nicer hotel according to picture"
Very bad experience. We came home with bed bugs in our bags. There was a family living I the hallway we stayed in that screamed and fought in the hallway we were I one of the nights. They were letting strangers in the door that were not hotel guests. We almost called the police. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I have requested a full refund for our stay there
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
robert
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Good experience, staff was nice and so was the breakfast. The shuttle bus for the navy graduation could have been better organized. We had to pay for a taxi for the graduation.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
It was Pleasant
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
LaToya
"Great place"
I was very comfortable it will not be my last time staying there
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Edith
"Nice hotel, close to my relatives"
My room was clean, and I slept well on the comfortable bed. The staff was accommodating.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
It was pretty good. The free breakfast was decent. I wish they had more eggs and sausages
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Never again."
I have no idea why this hotel is a 3 star hotel. The hallways smelled like cigarettes. Lobby and hallways were dirty. Pool was ok and hot tub was dirty. The next day my kids wanted to swim before check out and pool was closed because some guest threw pizza and wing bones in the pool.. Hotel was ghetto and will never stay there again. This hotel gives Ramada a bad name.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Visiting son at Naval Base"
Easy check in, nice staff. Breakfast was good. The rooms need some repairs but was warm and clean. When leaving, overheard another client telling staff that all of the exit doors were locked last night and not opening from the inside except the front. Very upsetting/scary. Another complained that the heat did not work in her room and they had to use space heaters provided by the hotel. She wanted to received compensation for her inconvience and was offered none. Have stayed here 3-4 times in the past and it is hit or miss. No consistency in service.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Poor Staffing"
The room I was given didn't have a remote so I called front desk a few times and no one picked up. I tried housekeeping and no one answered. I decided to call front desk again and they finally picked up after the 4th ring. Asked for remote and they said they'll have someone come up and give us one. Waited for an hour and no one came. Me and my husband decided to leave the hotel and go to Gurnne Mills instead. Came back at about 8 and called again about the remote. No one answered. Called again and complained that I called earlier and no one showed up, they said someone was coming. Waited for another hour or so and no one still came. This time I let my husband handle it. He called and complained and within 10 minutes a women came and handed me a remote. Soon as she left I tried the remote and it didn't work at all. Called again and another guy came up and tried a new remote and it didn't work. Then they suggested for us to move to a different room since they didn't know how to resolve this issue. We declined the offer since the other room was on the other side of the building and we were already settled.
"Newly remodeled?"
Was there for navy graduation. Had to wait until 3:30p to get room. Pillows flattened out to nothing. Used the shower and ended up ankle-deep in undrained water. Could use hot tub because family with young kids was using it, including a toddler in diapers. (They did drain and clean after).
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
J.L.
We went for navy graduation and this hotel was close and a great place to bring back our daughter for the day.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
kim
"Looks can be deceiving"
The first impression is a modern updated hotel. Once you leave the lobby the difference is quickly apparent. The rest of the hotel is in need of updating. I believe it was built in the 70's or 80's and just appeared to be a tired old building. The staff was cheerful and very helpful. We arrived at possibly the busiest time for them as there was a line and only the night time manager, Angela was working the counter as well as handling multiple phone calls. Whatever she is paid, she needs a raise. We didn't use the facilities except for the breakfast bar, which was fine. They even provided a free shuttle service for guest to the Navy graduation, which is what I believe keeps this hotel alive. Staff was great, the facilities could use an upgrade.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Dated and poorly managed"
Was very dated and run down..............very poorly managed
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"wood stay there again"
nice place in a quiet neighborhood
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Bootcamp Stay"
I was met with a very helpful staff from the beginning. They quickly could tell I was in the area for the Navy graduation. They explained that process and that a shuttle was available to and from graduation. I had a rental car and wanted to drive in myself. I went back to the desk and talked again to the person behind the desk and decided to take the shuttle. This was the best decision dropped us off at the gate and was there to pick us up when it was over, would also bring your graduate back with you. I cut my stay short due to weather moving in. Staff was very helpful. It was exactly what I was expecting.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Superbowl 49"
I read many bad reviews so was nervous about our stay. We were greeted at the door with a smile. The front desk upgraded us to a king room at No charge. The room was great, the bed and Phillips were so comfy. The room was clean, no stains like what I read in other reviews. The hot tub was VERY relaxing...we didn't go in the pool but heard it was pretty cold. The breakfast was nothing to write home about but whatever. We were looking forward to going into the bar for a superbowl party so we were a little upset it was closed (due to bad weather). The only major complaint I have is with the parking lot. Illinois had got quite a bad storm and the driveway was not plowed at all. With over 15" of snow ppl were forced to,stay another nite with no discount. For what we paid, I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
chris
"would never stay here again!"
The room was dirty and smelled terrible. The key never worked to get in the back entrance to the hotel and then wouldn't work to gain entrance to our room. Had to have it reprogrammed several times and even then our door kept jamming. Couldn't wait to get out of that place.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Terri
"A Blessed stay"
We came out to attend our daughter's graduation from Navy Boot Camp and while were there Chicago suffered their 5th worse snow storm in history. Our flight got delayed so we had to extend our stay. The hotel staff were very friendly and accomendating. The wifi was down most of our stay but we were able to use the pc in the business office for flight updates and weather conditions.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Nit what I thought"
Clean but severely out dated. The pics did not accurately describe hotel. It's cheap for a reason. Next time I will rent elsewhere.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Francine
The only problems we had with our stay was the wi-fi was out the whole time we were there and they did not have enough shuttle buses to take everyone to the Navy graduation on time. Many people ended up having to take a taxi at the last minute. They did offer to give a room credit for the cost of the taxi, but we had prepaid our rooms and they weren't sure how they were going to accommodate that. It was a pretty stressful situation.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Darla
"Very good hotel for great lakes graduation"
The staff was very helpful, breakfast buffet was big and organized. Showers were clean with clean towels. I got a double queen room with a flat-screen TV with cable. There was a restaurant/bar connected to the hotel if you wanted something to eat. If you know how to drive, then this is a good place to stay while being in Illinois. I would definitely come back.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Danny
"Carpet"
The carpet and chair was old, stained, and needs to be replaced. The chair in room was dusty. If the carpet and furniture in the rooms are upgraded then it would be okay.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Would not stay there again"
The hotel is old. The lobby/checkin was the best pert of the establisment; renovated and very pleasing to the eye, deceiving. The hallways were cold and had an odor. The rooms look old, but were ok. The bed was comfortable. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Andrea
"Staff made up for the appearance of the hotel."
The website "oversold" this hotel. the rooms we're small, the bathroom fan was so loud we couldn't turn our light on, paint was peeling. Had new carpet, tv and nice bed, but other room fixtures we're old and damaged. No fridge or microwave and it was very difficult to find service in the restaurant. The hallways smelt of smoke and the pool area was dirty and felt moldy. The front desk staff was outstanding though, and they really went out of their way to try to help when possible.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Easy check in and out, staff are willing to assist"
The stay was nice and easy to get around. the only thing that I would recommend the condition of the carpets needs replacing and some commodities are also due for an upgrade. other then that, it is recommendable if you are not looking for a Park Ave type stay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Hector
"Terrible."
This is the first review I have ever done, and possibly the last, but this hotel was atrocious. Navy families going to see your recruits graduate, DO NOT STAY HERE.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Carolyn
the place need a major up grade. the room was clean and the staff was friendly .
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Facility needs to be updated but it is clean"
Quiet, except for the first night. It is outdated but I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Very run down.....outdated. In desperate need of repair, renovation.
"Nice staff"
Staff was great hotel needs some updates security doors not the best
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Hotel is near the Navy Recruit Training Center"
After making non-refundable reservation we read reviews. We were a little worried before arriving that we had a mistake. Turns out we worried for no reason! The place is not a five star resort but it is worth the money for nightly cost. Staff was nice and helpful but the breakfast bar could be enhanced. Easy travel distance to Navy Graduation. Overall, very pleased with the stay and conditions of the hotel. One important note-make sure to have extra door cards ,keys, made when checking in. Keep some on person and others in vehicle. Cards are easily deactivated for some reason.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
It wasnt bad for the price, Its No Homewood suite..
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
I do not recommend this hotel. The entire place was extremely cold and the room took several hours to get up to a comfortable temperature. The wifi was not working and the hot tub was out of service. The fitness center was colder than the rest of the hotel. Which the apparently recognized as a they put a small space heater near the elliptical, as if THAT is going to heat a room... Breakfast food was all cold (unless you like making waffles).
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Hotel room doesn't have anything they mentioned in website. We have to go front desk and get towels all the time. Room is not clean smell very bad
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Upon check-in, staff directed us to an entry door at the rear of the building which had been badly vandalized, bent, and impossible to open. When returning to check-in to report this, there was no apology. The whole place was disheveled and the personnel's attention to the guests provided no improvement to our overall impression. The room was depressing! Black-painted metal doors to the bath and to the corridor were badly painted (with many coats) and large chips of paint missing all over the entire doors, with rust in some areas. Mirrors were old and de-silvered. The layout of the hotel was terrible! Additions to the original building were made with long, depressing, narrow, under-lighted corridors with inadequate signage to direct guests from the rooms to the front desk restaurant, etc. This impression does not compel us to seek out another remade inn.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
I'd say that the main reason why I'd book this hotel for it's convenient location, and how close it is by the navy RTC graduation center. The food from the restaurant is really good and the hotel staff is extremely friendly, but the cleanliness of the actual rooms and can be better. There's definite mold and dust balls in places where you can tell that the room service workers didn't clean well enough. Kind of like a rushed cleaning I guess you can day. Besides that, their advertisement for a continental breakfast seems a bit misleading seeing as there's barely really anything to choose from. I've been to hotels where they service a continental breakfast, and there's so much variety. Overall it's an okay hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"a break."
I didn't get a chance to try the continental breakfast due my itinerary, but over all it was very nice, quiet and clean. Very close to all sorts of shops and places to eat.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"Close to the Navy Base"
The room was very dissapointing for a Ramada chain. Was expecting better rooms, and better amenities. One of the main reasons why I chose Ramada. It was no better than a Best Western or Holiday Inn. I did like the fact that it was close to the Navy base where my daughter was graduating from, and that they provided a shuttle to and from the base. The staff were very nice, and friendly.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Lynn
"horrible experience"
The room was not worth the money we paid. We ended up leaving early and requesting a refund because the room smells like bo and there was no microwave. We did not want our children in that environment.
4 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Hotel close to Naval Yard"
The hotel is close to the Naval Yard and an easy drive for recruit graduations. The room was clean and comfortable but that covers the positive points. Oh, they did have for sale Naval stuff, of course the were out of the most important one "Navy Mom". On the down side, the room keys never work and you are constantly having to get a new electronic key card, which also didn't work (yes, I kept the key away from my cell phone and all other interference), their attitude was "sorry, that's just the way it is". The facilities are getting old, and the place could withstand a good face lift. Don't eat there, the food was mediocre at best, service was bad. It took over 30 minutes to get an appetizer (oh, guess the little waitress forgot to place the order). The chef and possibly the manager tried to fix the situation by taking our order himself, have to say he was trying to improve the place but he has a long uphill battle. The area in general seems to understand the influence the Navy Graduates have on the local economy and many people congratulated our grandson on his graduations from Boot Camp, but no one at the bothered.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014