All hotels in Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
516 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI, 53719, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"wonderful surprise"
Accommodating, friendly, non invasive, fresh coffee supply with condiments 24/7. Hot breakfast was excellent, they covered everything, from various choices of bread, oatmeal with variety of toppings, cut up fruits with cottage cheese. For the price of the hotel, one can have more of the amenities they offer. They even have an indoor heated pool.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2016
Elsa
We came to see our son at UW and really enjoyed this hotel and how easy it was to get onto the highway
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2016
"Enjoyed our return visit"
This Americinn was a real treat to stay in. We enjoyed the bonus of the evening managers reception in addition to the warm morning breakfast with multiple options.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Nice-ish"
At first glance, the hotel was very nice. The room was spacious, equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave. Unfortunately, the walls were paper-thin. You could hear everything in the hallways and the adjoining rooms. For a couple's weekend away, that's not ideal. Breakfast was sub-par. Though the decor was modern, the setup was poor, and it was hard to find a table. The food was not kept stocked, and there was not a sense of urgency or cleanliness from the staff. The parking was minimal, as the hotel shares a lot with a restaurant. The hotel's shuttle vehicles and snow plow alone took up over 8 parking spots - when there's barely enough for half of your guests to park, that's an issue. If there's any plus, it's close to pretty much anything you need.
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Luke
"Good bed, clean room. I would stay again"
Not much else to say beyond the title. Everything was clean, the room was large and had a sofa which was nice. No problems.
1 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
Clean hotel, easy to find and good breakfast
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
courtney
"Convenient, clean hotel in West Madison WI"
Nice hotel and helpful staff. The room was a bit small for two queen-size beds. The free breakfast was very good, but skip the Manager's reception at night unless you just want a glass of beer. The pool was small, but fun for our grandchildren.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Lynn
I would have stayed another night, except I am allergic to down bedding. I did not notice it when I was making the reservation. I did notice it after I checked in and was going to pay for another day.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Stephen
Great free breakfast every morning
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
We (Mom and 2 sisters)were there for a shopping trip - had to wait for the paper with the Sunday ads. The breakfast was really good.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
"Great Stay at a Great Place!"
We stayed here before and was very surprised at the comfort and quality of the property. The rate through Hotels.com was excellent. They accept pets (dogs/cats), but will charge an additional $30.00 per day. The property is well maintained, very clean, beds were excellent, and staff were most helpful. I travel to Madison monthly, so this property will be my default place to stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
Roger
"Fun with everything at your fingertips."
Enjoyable.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Francesca
"A great week with great folks!"
Fantastic! The staff gave a very warm welcome when we arrived, ask if we needed anything extra during our stay and was then shown to our suite. The suite was clean and quite inviting. We asked for extra pillows which was brought to us in about ten minutes. We were then invited to a managers 'happy hour',which is offered everyday. after a great night sleep, we started the day with an incredible breakfast. So many choices on the menu. This was a great week at AmericInn. We will visit again.
7 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
CAMILLE A
"Great price & what we needed"
The staff is Awesome, super friendly. Hotel happy hour great, breakfast was lovely, room clean and hot tub jets work! Love that there was a shuttle to the game to -Sweet! thanks team
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
"well located with nice amenities"
What a breakfast they offer!! Wow! Very nice. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
rick
"Football championship"
We really liked the manager's reception, but maybe have water available besides the wine & beer for those of us that can't drink alcohol. The room was a little cramped, but not so bad that we couldn't get around, and it was very comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
Deborah
"Not to good of a weekend get away"
We were going for the weekend with two other couples the night before and the morning of we had about 10 inches of snow. One couple couldn't make it. They canceled their room but we were charged for it anyway. They desk clerk was not very helpful as we had booked it through Hotel.com. And when we got there they did not have a room for me reserved, but she told that they had rooms but they would be at a higher price then what the rooms were booked for. So the weekend did not start well for us. Will not stay at an AmericInn again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
CLIFF
"Good stay, nice price"
Booked this room for a last minute overnight stay to beat the snow for an event we had in Madison the following day. The staff was nice, room was a bit dated and cramped (small, with a lot of large furniture), but clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was EXCELLENT, lots of selection and tasty!
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Fine for the price"
Affordable hotel in convenient location. Room was fine for the price. Breakfast buffet was awful.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Very pleasant
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Douglas
It was good, but the food on the breakfast buffet was hot.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Great value hotel, long live free enterprise."
Spent $70 then add tax, really, to have nice a hotel that gives very good hot breakfast, cookies in afternoon ,free beer, wine and snacks from 5 - 7, how can you do any better. Best of all, is not owned by big 4 or 5 conglomerates. Stayed at expensive Chicago hotel earlier, and yes, is fancy and opulent, but did not give any of these extras. So rated it very high on what it gives for a value hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
Melvin
My wife and I have stayed here the past two years when we come to Madison and love the location of the hotel. And the have a very nice staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Chad
"Value Plus!"
Just a personal preference, but the room was a bit too dark for me. No light as you enter the room makes me, a single female traveler, a little uncomfortable. The Breakfast and Manager's Happy Hour saves my company lots of foid budget! Substanitive selection for the cost!!
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Kathleen
"Quiet gem!"
Great place off interstate, but quiet and clean
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
"great weekend."
Great service with a lot of extra perks. Will definitely book here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
"Relaxing stay, well rested, great breakfast."
Just stayed one night on a long road trip to break up our drive. Had a lot of nearby restaurant options and the hot tub/pool were very clean and great for a relaxing night. The complementary happy hour and breakfast were both wonderful. Our only minor concern was our mini-fridge was louder than our heating/cooling fan. It was actually kind of loud when it would kick in during the middle of the night. We were exhausted so just crashed and slept right through it so it really was fine for us, just something to note.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
"One night away"
Hotel was clean and comfortable - nothing fancy - - nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
"Convenient and reasonably priced stay"
Not much to add to this - hotel is reasonably quiet, and we slept well - the most important feature, in my opinion.
4 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
mabel
"Small but inexpensive"
Got a great rate on the room but I have to say, that I have never stayed in a room that was so cramped and narrow. There is barely enough room to walk from the door to the bed. There is no closet so a wardrobe sticks out into the room. We were constantly turning our bodies sideways to get into the bathroom or to get to the other side of the bed.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Sara
"Americinn has gone downhill."
I've had much better stays at this hotel in the past. This stay was substandard. My room was tiny, with a king bed smashed up against a sofa and hardly any floor space. The room smelled intensely of lemon air freshener. Was it was covering up pet or smoke smells? That's what it seemed like. Internet service was unreliable both in room and in lobby area, which was terribly frustrating. I also got a case of food poisoning from the Happy Hour food... ate wings. Gross.
5 night family trip Oct 19, 2015
Awesome stay
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
JOSEPH
"My experience with AmericaInn"
We stayed there for a wedding.The happy hour was wonderful, and the local beer delicious to drink. Staff was helpful and pleasant. The room was just 'OK' and we had a good time staying there.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
"Madison"
The room needed updating including painting. The bathroom was in bad shape. Particularly the shower.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Maureen
Very restful
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Good value for the price. Wish hotels didn't feel the need to jack up prices on busy weekends.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
"Nice hotel/Bad experience"
Hotel & Room were nice. The toilet seat in my room was broken but not a big deal. Breakfast was nice as well. My concern is that I asked for a copy of my receipt when checking out. The gentleman at the counter stated I was a prepay so my receipt had been emailed to me, I stated I didn't think so but double checked while eating my breakfast. I had no receipt so went to the counter again and stated this was a business stay could I please get a copy of my receipt. He again stated it was a prepay and I had a receipt maybe I should check my spam. I left with no receipt. This action negatively impacted my perception of this property. I tracked down a receipt when I got home but his inability or unwillingness to provide me a copy, such a simple request was a real negative in an otherwise positive stay for the cost.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
sandy
"Mediocre hotel"
Coffee and tea were available in lobby which is appreciated. In the room our bath towels were all damp. TV control wouldn't work. Room was very small.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Sara
"Birthday celebration"
We were celebrating a family birthday and needed two rooms for 8 people. The rooms were spacious and provided what we needed. The breakfast was excellent providing a wonderful variety, both hot and cold. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Nice Stay, But the Coffee Was Bad"
My wife and I stayed two nights at the AmericInn in West Madison. The room was acceptable, though it had a bit of an odd smell. The bed was of good quality, and the TV had an excellent selection of channels. Unfortunately, the coffee at the breakfast buffet was only lukewarm, which was a big downer to us. On our second morning we went to Starbucks. Although we did not have children with us, the place seemed very family-friendly. Nice evening treats and an indoor pool were being enjoyed by the other guests.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Will NOT BE staying here again..."
This stay was just okay. I was in Madison on business and booked this hotel.Since it worked out with our schedules my significant other came with too. When we arrived at the hotel we noticed that even though there is a mall less than a mile away the neighborhood was kind of sketchy looking. After checking in and receiving our room keys we opened the hotel room to what seemed like the smell of cat urine. We booked the king size bed and it took up most of the room as well as the sofa with hardly any other room to move around. The hotel had a free manager's deal where from 5 to 7pm you could have free food and beer. My significant other decided to take part and woke up the following morning at 3 am with food poisoning. The most concerning part of this trip was what happened after dinner our second night there. We walked into the room and smelled a very clear,strong smell of marijuana. When we reported this to the front desk they seemed to have very little concerned and said it was probably coming from the back door by our room. They said they would leave a note for the management of house keeping. They didn't even bother to move us to another room or compensate us in anyway. I feel there was a lack of good customer service in this case.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
In general, the hotel is good for the price. The room seemed a bit small but the beds were very comfortable and the staff was very nice.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Melanie
the refrigerator was quite loud to the extent of keeping us awake when it turned on. the staff at the hotel was wonderful.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Stephen
"Clean and fun neighborhood"
Excellent hors d'oeuvres and breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
"Inn and out"
Overnight stay- friendly staff- convenient location - decent complimentary breakfast- no complaints
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"great stay"
great overnight stay,great complimentary breakfast , will seek Americinn again.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
richard
"Ok for price"
Overall the motel was "ok" because of the lower price. There was a U. of Wisconsin football game one of the nights we stayed so prices all over were high. This is a former Hampton Inn which is starting to show its age. The rooms are very small. The is only about 3 feet between the end of the bed and the desk and tv stand. The room had not be properly cleaned. We found an old baby bottle on the floor. The hot tub did not work for 2 nights. On the positive side the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The manager's reception with beer, wine and food was nice.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Family trip
"Unbelievable...and not in a good way"
Thought this hotel was upgraded since we stayed last, but just up'd the price is all. First, had a funny smell throughout. Second, when trying to sleep, noisy fridge would run. Not just a little noisy. I once got up to unplug it but couldn't figure out how...and didn't want to turn all lights on, so dealt with it, waking up every time it ran! Third, at one point I couldn't sleep so was going to go down to get some fresh air and complain BUT couldn't find the front desk lady. Decided to use the bathroom and wait...it was in use. I thought other people must not be able to sleep, as it was around 10 (ish) by now. Finally, I hear the restroom door open and out come lady...OH, it's the front desk lady! She quickly made her way back to desk and I quickly went into restroom. WHOA! I know the smell of marijuana and that is what she was doing in the restroom. So I was not about to talk to her. Went back to room and dealt with it. Thought I heard a barking dog, but doubted my hearing. Morning comes, I wanted to take a bath...until I noticed hair strung in a couple spots. Nope...I'll just leave. I pack up and open the door and have a little, yippy, growling, nasty dog guarding the exit. I heard the owners laugh and pick it up out of the way, BUT WHAT A NIGHTMARE OF A STAY!!!!
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Pleasently Surprised!"
I was plseantly surprised with the condition of the hotel and the room. I come to the area at least once a year and I have never stayed at this hotel. I plan to stay there in the future.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"GREAT LOCATION - VERY CLEAN"
Great location close to mall and lots of restaurants. Evening appetizers were great - enough to make a meal! Breakfast was well stocked and tasty. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable, as were the beds. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015