All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

2.4
    2.1
    2.2
"My Rush Concert Trip"
I was very impressed with staff's pleasant and welcoming way I was treated.TO tell you the truth I was highly concerned about the beds in the room, much to my surprise they were very comfortable and offered a very good nights sleep.The reason I was so concerned it was 12 yrs ago I had 2 major back surgeries. So may I say in so many words, a good comfortable bed makes the stay sooooo! much nicer for all guest. I'd also like to say the hotel felt more equal to a higher end hotel, & not the rate I paid, very impressive keep up the good work, don't know when I'll be back Portland way again, but I am recommending your hotel to others. Sincerely Dean L. Jones
2 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Gail
"clean and fresh.. dodgey area"
Newly remodeled..clean..comfy.. just in a dodgey area
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Brandi
"nice hotel-bad area"
It was a nice hotel in a bad area. At 1 am someone was walking back and fourth above me. I addressed it with the front desk and they handled it. The beds were nice and the room was clean.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2015
"Al rooms clean & newly remodeled."
Can't beat it for the price of you're staying for a night or 2 in Portland. It's confusing how some reviews, after paying just a hundred or hundred fifty bucks, sing this place for "the water took too long to get hot" or "the freezer wasn't cold enough." My room had a fridge, freezer, microwave, king size bed, and bathroom with seperate little book for hand washing. Plenty of space for a couple, tight squeeze for 3. Fyi, the rear of the lot (and the hotel's back exit), is adjacent to a lower-income apartment building. If you walk out there at night you'll probably see some of those guys sitting around, having a beer, etc. Welcome to Portland! Just say hello and walk on by. Try eating at KC's deli if you're in need of a nearby, fresh snack. The other offerings are fast food and a nearby 7-11 ...KC's is definitely the way to go.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
West
"Good price, very clean"
Great hotel for the price. Friendly staff, clean room, it was very good. We stayed one night and enjoyed it very much.
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2015
"I should get a credit."
The cable wire was disconnected so I was unable to watch TV and the clock had the wrong time. The soda machine only had 1 selection available. I feel I should get a credit.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"A quick stay"
PROs This is a good place to shower and sleep. Room was clean. Air conditioner was cold. CONs Very few cable chanels on TV. Window was cracked. Bathtub was missing a piece of trim. Neighboring doors in hall were very very very squeaky.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
It was good. No problems. A little rough around the hotel. Very clean and roomy.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"I hoped to take it again in the future."
it's clean and cool.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Thao
"Kinda Scary"
I would give it 1 star because we survived. We're a middle class family with young children and the neighborhood was kinda scary and seedy. It was a little nerve racking and we were sleep deprived the following morning and rushed out.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Weekend for state allstars little league"
Besides finishing up remodeling the hotel was nice and the beds were comfortable. Would definitely stay again
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Colleen
"Changed my perspective"
Very good stay. Had a very different perspective of Red Roof Inn.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Armando
Clean, recently remodeled, close to airport, very reasonable rates.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Portland on the cheap"
Hotel had no elevator
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Last Minute Reservation"
My reservation was a last minute one, due to my forgetfulness. I was hoping to stay near the Moda Center/Rose Quarter but all hotels in my price range were booked. Red Roof Inn was being renovated while I stayed. The first night my room was next to the back entrance/exit which made it difficult for me to sleep. Other guests were loud & the door would slam shut. I asked for a room change for my second night & had a great night's rest in the new room. Both rooms had already been renovated and they were nice rooms. The only bad thing was not having many channel choices on the cable tv. I normally don't stay that far out, but if I were in a bind again, I would most likely stay there.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Alicia
All the door hinges need oil. The hallway sounded like a haunted house. It was clean inside the room and hallway. The table between the beds was a good size for a person that uses a CPAP machine. The lamp allowed you to plug into it. All in all it was a decent enough place we found on short notice.
4 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Red Roof Inn Portland-bad neighborhood-bad service"
The Red Roof Inn Portland needs english speaking reception staff. They also need to know that it's not appropriate to try and DOWNGRADE my room after I have booked online. I had to fight to get the actual room I booked online.
4 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
"Very noisy evening"
We couldn't get ahold of manager when needed. People running and yelling in the hall and banging on their doors all night. Then 2 men got into a fist fight outside the door, but no one to get ahold of when called. This was after 1am and again about 3 or 4am. Continental breakfast was 1/4 of a muffin, maybe 2 were there and a half rotten banana and watered down coffee. Not exactly what I would call continental breakfast at 8am. So in all it wasn't a pleasant stay and I will not be staying there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Nice hotel, not the best neighborhood
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Bad Hotel"
The room above mine leaked for 2 hours and they sent no one to help.. They have 1 person running the hotel at a time
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"Clean, comfortable and cost effective"
it is strange that this hotel is in the middle of looked like residential area. It's not far from airport. They are nice enough to hole my reservation despite of 12 hrs late check in due to flight delay. Room is decent- looked like they were working on last touches of the room when I checked in. I was there only for 5 hrs, so it's good for the money. I would stay here again and I would recommend it for budget travelers
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2015
Newly remodeled rooms were quite clean and comfortable.Quiet surroundings and friendly staff. Fine for the price.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Grant
"Enjoyed my stay"
No complaints. Nice staff and helpful
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
BRYAN
"Will be back next visit in Portland.."
Anytime I need a room in Portland I would come back here. Room was remodeled with everything new. I love that it had hardfloor instead of carpet, it makes it feel like it is more cleaner. The room was fresh smelling. Check in was easy. Best of all our family dog was able to stay with us for free. Wish they had continental breakfast. Also the hot water was not good only lasted 1 shower out of a family of four, but the day be for it was fine.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Tiffanie
"Quiet plus convenient location"
The staff in the hotel are nice and helpful. Our room is clean but cold. The air conditioner heating set didn't work. For the price paid, it's quite good.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"not to bad for last min"
It wasnt too bad. The room did have a funny smell to it. You only smelled it when u left the room than came back in. I didn't like the fact that the doors were so close together but it wasnt a bad stay. It was last min because I couldnt afford my other room for another night. The price isn't bad. The beds and pillows are comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Rachel
"Good intentions, bad outcome"
I know management was thinking it wold be a great idea to install all wood floors throughout the hotel; it's cleaner, more durable, etc. what a bad idea though. Why? The NOISE! Every sound from adjacent rooms, down the hallway, from staff, guests, televisions and telephones is amplified 10X. You hear everything going on within 50 feet of your room. The staff was nice enough, and the rooms are clean, but the neighborhood is horrible. If you can get past the strip clubs and ghetto environment, then you also have to consider that it butts up against a residential neighborhood: barking dogs, kids, etc. Unless you can sleep through anything and have noise-canceling earphones, I don't recommend staying here.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"The new TV in our room needed to be programed."
The front desk told us they could not fix the TV. They called our room after 9:PM after we had gone to bed. They told us they would give us a refund and we could go to some other motel. Bed was way too soft!!!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Sleeping in Portland"
To be fair there was construction going on. The radio clock had not been set for DST so dummy was an hour early for his meeting and the TV remote's battery died. Minor stuff. Upon my return to Portland I'll probably stay there again.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Avoid at all costs."
I had made a booking for this hotel on hotels.com hoping that Red Roof being a well known chain would maintain consistency in its hotels. The experience here was very disappointing. I was shocked to see the condition of the room. The main door was broken and just stood on its hinges. Although I had asked for a non-smoking room, this room was clearly a smoking one. The AC filled the room with musty air. The bath did not even have a shower curtain. I called up the reception immediately upon seeing the condition of the room, but I was crudely told that although it was a non-smoking room, guests do smoke at times and the hotel missed cleaning it up properly. I asked if I could be moved to a more habitable room, but I was told that this was the only room they had and they could check me out if I wanted. It was in the middle of the night and I had no clue where I would find another hotel. So I had no option but to spend the night in this very lame excuse for a hotel room. My worst experience in a hotel ever.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Karan
"red roofless inm"
The red roof was under Co steuction. Which is great because it really needs it. But constant banging, sawing and garbage everywhere REALLY was horrible. I blame red roof and am pretty much always happy with hotels.com. they always take care of new hen there is a screw up no matter who's fault it is... one of the best customer care policies ever
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
jeremy
The room had a very strong nicotine smell. The door to room was patched, the only way to open bathroom door was to kick it open. All the furniture was in bad shape. The bed was fairly comfortable. No ice in ice machine. The carpet was stained and dirty. We did not feel safe.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Updates should've been started long ago!"
The staff was very friendly & helpful. To be fair the hotel is doing renovations but I can't believe Red Roof allowed their name to stay on this hotel until now. They should be charging a lot less until the renovations are done(for $4 more you could stay at the nice HoJo's down the street.) I would've left if I hadn't realized they were at least trying to upgrade(and I don't mind staying in dorm rooms in hostels!). The bed was comfortable & looked nice with new bedding, but the doors (hallway & bath doors) look like they belong in a slum drug dwelling. The carpet in the room had also not been vacuumed & there was a dead cockroach above the curtain. I'd wait till the renovations are complete before giving it another try.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Not reccomended!"
Our room didnt look anything like the picture they advertise. We had a non smoking room that wreaked of old cigarette smoke. There were stains and burns in the furniture, floors, and the comforters. One of the beds didnt even have a fitted sheet, just a regular sheet laying over the mattress. Location is okay, close to the airport. Id spend the extra money to stay somewherr a little more decent.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Clean and comfortable. Very Friendly Staff!"
The hotel is under major renovation right now. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. It is by no means a fancy hotel, but it is comfortable and clean. If you want a 5-star hotel, pay a 5-star price. This hotel is a very good deal for the price I paid. Perfect for a comfortable place to stay for the night. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Jonathan
"horrible!"
So...this was literally the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel. I rented two rooms for a bachelor party weekend. When I walked in my room it looked OK but the more u looked, the worse it got. The blankets on the beds had cigarette burns all through them, the maid left someone's food on top of our microwave, and trash was swept under the table and on the side of my bed. The other room i got had unflushed Feces in it so when we walked in it stunk. The blankets also had cigarette burns on them. A syringe was found in the window seal. We reported these items to the staff and while laughing she apologized. It was very unprofessional looking there. I'm guessing the owners children were the ones climbing on the counter while I was checking in lol. I'm not usually a complainer but this experience was horrible.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
kp
"Like New"
So surprised, it was all redone inside. Absolutly great for the price
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Paulette
I don't want recommend, The room has the worm I was bitten
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"A dive in the trashiest part of town"
I didn't know what 82nd street meant. Now I can pass this info on to you: don't stay any place near 82nd st. I passed 5 strip clubs within a few blocks of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
I'll recommend this hotel
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Motel HELL"
I stay in hotels 100+ nights per year. Got stuck in this diaster when my travel plans changed and a convention was in town. Rooms were horrible, dirty sheets, dirty walls. Bathroom was horrible. IT was so bad, I rented a car and drove 50 miles away to stay in another hotel the second night. So I spent double just to get away from this place. Owners room's door was open and they live dirty as the hotel was. Never go back to Red Roof again.. EVER
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Under remodeling is getting nicer."
Looks like they are remodeling and fixing up the hitel. For what I paid it wasn't bad. Wouldn't return unless I saw photos before.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
suzie
"Worst hotel I've been to."
My room was not ready when I arrived after 5pm. It was unbearably filthy, bed linens were dirty and had holes, the towels in the bathroom were damp, the location was amidst adult entertainment shops. There were very dangerous looking people hanging around. After seeing the room and deciding it was not safe for myself or my kids, I immediately returned the key and checked out. They refused to refund my money so I had to pay for that hotel I didn't stay in, plus another hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
jennifer
"Cig burn in sheets"
Take my cc info so they can charge if I smoke but the sheet has a cig burn in it. Worst hotel in 10 years
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Very bad hotel from management to staff. Not clean"
Don't go there!!!! You will not sleep from all the noises at night. People has no respect for other customers. Door slamming and it's a zoo.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
bad Hotel
"Pretty rough"
Got in pretty late, but there was no one there to check me in, and the door was locked, so I stood outside for a while late at night in not a great neighborhood. The room was fine and all for what you're paying, but I left my cell phone charger there and when I came back later in the day they wouldn't give it to me, saying that the housekeepers had it and therefore the front desk couldn't get it. This still makes no sense to me. It was all pretty stupid. Also read continental breakfast as stale frosted flakes and old coffee.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
James Cohaagen
"Worst place I've ever stayed"
They somehow managed to check someone else into my reservation and then didn't have another room to give me. Eventually they kicked out the other people, but didn't clean the room. The customer service was the worst I've ever experienced in any industry. I wouldn't recommend this place even if it was free.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Sleep in your car"
For the price paid, I didn't expect extreme luxury, but I also didn't expect a dirty room! There was food and trash in the ice bucket, an empty paper roll on the roller and a dirty, wet wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. People were walking around in slippers like the resided there, screaming at each other. It was terrible. I complained about the room and was moved down the hall to another. It was 'cleaner' but by no means clean. The sheets were clean, so at least we can sleep here. We are canceling our booking for tomorrow night and are just driving straight home.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
C
The staff at the Travelodge were quite friendly and helpful, but the facility itself is just run-down. The maintenance of the bathroom was inadequate, with not enough bath towels or toilet paper being left.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
"It was just odd."
It was ok, we only stayed there because we were in the city for a late night event. So crashing there was ok. Other then that I wouldn't stay there for anything other then just show up, crash and get out first thing.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014