All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3828 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR, 97220, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.2
    2.4
    2.2
    1.8
    2.1
"not to bad for last min"
It wasnt too bad. The room did have a funny smell to it. You only smelled it when u left the room than came back in. I didn't like the fact that the doors were so close together but it wasnt a bad stay. It was last min because I couldnt afford my other room for another night. The price isn't bad. The beds and pillows are comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Rachel
"Good intentions, bad outcome"
I know management was thinking it wold be a great idea to install all wood floors throughout the hotel; it's cleaner, more durable, etc. what a bad idea though. Why? The NOISE! Every sound from adjacent rooms, down the hallway, from staff, guests, televisions and telephones is amplified 10X. You hear everything going on within 50 feet of your room. The staff was nice enough, and the rooms are clean, but the neighborhood is horrible. If you can get past the strip clubs and ghetto environment, then you also have to consider that it butts up against a residential neighborhood: barking dogs, kids, etc. Unless you can sleep through anything and have noise-canceling earphones, I don't recommend staying here.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Sleeping in Portland"
To be fair there was construction going on. The radio clock had not been set for DST so dummy was an hour early for his meeting and the TV remote's battery died. Minor stuff. Upon my return to Portland I'll probably stay there again.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Avoid at all costs."
I had made a booking for this hotel on hotels.com hoping that Red Roof being a well known chain would maintain consistency in its hotels. The experience here was very disappointing. I was shocked to see the condition of the room. The main door was broken and just stood on its hinges. Although I had asked for a non-smoking room, this room was clearly a smoking one. The AC filled the room with musty air. The bath did not even have a shower curtain. I called up the reception immediately upon seeing the condition of the room, but I was crudely told that although it was a non-smoking room, guests do smoke at times and the hotel missed cleaning it up properly. I asked if I could be moved to a more habitable room, but I was told that this was the only room they had and they could check me out if I wanted. It was in the middle of the night and I had no clue where I would find another hotel. So I had no option but to spend the night in this very lame excuse for a hotel room. My worst experience in a hotel ever.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Karan
"red roofless inm"
The red roof was under Co steuction. Which is great because it really needs it. But constant banging, sawing and garbage everywhere REALLY was horrible. I blame red roof and am pretty much always happy with hotels.com. they always take care of new hen there is a screw up no matter who's fault it is... one of the best customer care policies ever
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
jeremy
The room had a very strong nicotine smell. The door to room was patched, the only way to open bathroom door was to kick it open. All the furniture was in bad shape. The bed was fairly comfortable. No ice in ice machine. The carpet was stained and dirty. We did not feel safe.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Updates should've been started long ago!"
The staff was very friendly & helpful. To be fair the hotel is doing renovations but I can't believe Red Roof allowed their name to stay on this hotel until now. They should be charging a lot less until the renovations are done(for $4 more you could stay at the nice HoJo's down the street.) I would've left if I hadn't realized they were at least trying to upgrade(and I don't mind staying in dorm rooms in hostels!). The bed was comfortable & looked nice with new bedding, but the doors (hallway & bath doors) look like they belong in a slum drug dwelling. The carpet in the room had also not been vacuumed & there was a dead cockroach above the curtain. I'd wait till the renovations are complete before giving it another try.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Not reccomended!"
Our room didnt look anything like the picture they advertise. We had a non smoking room that wreaked of old cigarette smoke. There were stains and burns in the furniture, floors, and the comforters. One of the beds didnt even have a fitted sheet, just a regular sheet laying over the mattress. Location is okay, close to the airport. Id spend the extra money to stay somewherr a little more decent.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Clean and comfortable. Very Friendly Staff!"
The hotel is under major renovation right now. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. It is by no means a fancy hotel, but it is comfortable and clean. If you want a 5-star hotel, pay a 5-star price. This hotel is a very good deal for the price I paid. Perfect for a comfortable place to stay for the night. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Jonathan
"horrible!"
So...this was literally the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel. I rented two rooms for a bachelor party weekend. When I walked in my room it looked OK but the more u looked, the worse it got. The blankets on the beds had cigarette burns all through them, the maid left someone's food on top of our microwave, and trash was swept under the table and on the side of my bed. The other room i got had unflushed Feces in it so when we walked in it stunk. The blankets also had cigarette burns on them. A syringe was found in the window seal. We reported these items to the staff and while laughing she apologized. It was very unprofessional looking there. I'm guessing the owners children were the ones climbing on the counter while I was checking in lol. I'm not usually a complainer but this experience was horrible.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
kp
"Like New"
So surprised, it was all redone inside. Absolutly great for the price
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Paulette
I don't want recommend, The room has the worm I was bitten
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"A dive in the trashiest part of town"
I didn't know what 82nd street meant. Now I can pass this info on to you: don't stay any place near 82nd st. I passed 5 strip clubs within a few blocks of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
I'll recommend this hotel
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Motel HELL"
I stay in hotels 100+ nights per year. Got stuck in this diaster when my travel plans changed and a convention was in town. Rooms were horrible, dirty sheets, dirty walls. Bathroom was horrible. IT was so bad, I rented a car and drove 50 miles away to stay in another hotel the second night. So I spent double just to get away from this place. Owners room's door was open and they live dirty as the hotel was. Never go back to Red Roof again.. EVER
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Under remodeling is getting nicer."
Looks like they are remodeling and fixing up the hitel. For what I paid it wasn't bad. Wouldn't return unless I saw photos before.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
suzie
"Worst hotel I've been to."
My room was not ready when I arrived after 5pm. It was unbearably filthy, bed linens were dirty and had holes, the towels in the bathroom were damp, the location was amidst adult entertainment shops. There were very dangerous looking people hanging around. After seeing the room and deciding it was not safe for myself or my kids, I immediately returned the key and checked out. They refused to refund my money so I had to pay for that hotel I didn't stay in, plus another hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
jennifer
"Cig burn in sheets"
Take my cc info so they can charge if I smoke but the sheet has a cig burn in it. Worst hotel in 10 years
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Very bad hotel from management to staff. Not clean"
Don't go there!!!! You will not sleep from all the noises at night. People has no respect for other customers. Door slamming and it's a zoo.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
bad Hotel
"Pretty rough"
Got in pretty late, but there was no one there to check me in, and the door was locked, so I stood outside for a while late at night in not a great neighborhood. The room was fine and all for what you're paying, but I left my cell phone charger there and when I came back later in the day they wouldn't give it to me, saying that the housekeepers had it and therefore the front desk couldn't get it. This still makes no sense to me. It was all pretty stupid. Also read continental breakfast as stale frosted flakes and old coffee.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
James Cohaagen
"Worst place I've ever stayed"
They somehow managed to check someone else into my reservation and then didn't have another room to give me. Eventually they kicked out the other people, but didn't clean the room. The customer service was the worst I've ever experienced in any industry. I wouldn't recommend this place even if it was free.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Sleep in your car"
For the price paid, I didn't expect extreme luxury, but I also didn't expect a dirty room! There was food and trash in the ice bucket, an empty paper roll on the roller and a dirty, wet wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. People were walking around in slippers like the resided there, screaming at each other. It was terrible. I complained about the room and was moved down the hall to another. It was 'cleaner' but by no means clean. The sheets were clean, so at least we can sleep here. We are canceling our booking for tomorrow night and are just driving straight home.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
C
The staff at the Travelodge were quite friendly and helpful, but the facility itself is just run-down. The maintenance of the bathroom was inadequate, with not enough bath towels or toilet paper being left.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
"It was just odd."
It was ok, we only stayed there because we were in the city for a late night event. So crashing there was ok. Other then that I wouldn't stay there for anything other then just show up, crash and get out first thing.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Don't go there."
Awful filthy rooms. We didn't even want our dog in the room. The towels were dingy and stained, as were the sheets and bedspread. Walls were stained with unknown substances as was the carpet. In desperate need of paint. We left after pulling the sheets off the mattress and looking at the pillows. Nasty gross doesn't describe the filth, bathtub not cleaned. Expedia rated a 2 star. It's a zero..
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Connie munk
"Poorly managed"
the minute I got there to check in the office doors were locked sign saying will be back in 5 minute in which we waited for 20 to 30 minutes. also trash all over the place. broken or torn down bicycles sitting against building. pool was not open. no batteries for the remote control for the tv. alarm clock was not working. lots of arguing and fight with people next door to us. didn't get much sleep at all. the place did not look professionally ran like a motel or hotel should be ran.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
chris
"You get what you pay for"
It is what it is. I would never stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
craig
"not the best, not the worst"
I didn't expect the Hilton when I went to check-in, however I did expect clean and friendly. The front desk agent was young, not professionally dressed, did not seem to care about her job or her representation of the establishment. She was nice but slow at her job, missed several calls, and the front counter was a mess. As she checked us in she mentioned that she thought my room was the one that only had a couple of towels, but no hand towels or washcloth. I could call down for whatever I didn't have. Basically my room wasn't ready and she was to lazy to finish it! We didn't go to our room immediately, instead we went to get some dinner to bring back to our room. Upon our arrival, we stopped by the soda machine in the hall that didn't work. Once we got to our room we realized the window was wide open. Next came bed time where we discovered very long dark hair all over the pillows.... I slept with my hoody wrapped around the pillow. The next morning I went to make coffee in our room coffee pot only to discover that it had never been cleaned from the previous guest that used it. It still had coffee in it! At checkout I stood at the desk literally 15 minutes waiting for an agent who was nowhere in sight. The phone rang several times, no-one was around to answer it. When the agent did finally come from down the hall I could see that he too was not concerned with his representation of the place He was poorly dressed and didn't seem to interested in the issues with the room. I have several years experience in hospitality at two of the finest resorts on the coast, so I understand how guests can be. I did not expect a comp on my room just acknowledgment that it could improve. I also understand that you have to look the part if your going to play the part. Even my son commented on the attitude and appearance of the agents. Not the best, but not the worse place to stay. My favorite thing about it was that it is close to the airport. Next to m e it will be the Ramada!
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"I Didn't Stay, Refund or No."
The Registration Office had an unidentifiable (by me) strong and offensive odor. The registration clerk seemed extremely young, harried, and unhappy. We were first assigned a first-floor room, but said we preferred a second-floor location. The second-floor room appeared okay until I looked in the bathroom. Since last cleaning, someone had left the bathtub and shower dripping, and a wad of yellow-grey hair combings on the edge of the tub. We returned to the office and said we couldn't stay. The clerk found that the Expedia transaction had not been entered in their computer so she couldn't issue a refund--since Expedia had not been charged. We implored her to call Expedia, which she did, but was told there was a ONE HOUR wait to speak with a representative. It was then after 8:00pm, and we had to find a place to stay. We tried the Red Lion Inn down the road. The very helpful clerk there said they had no vacancy, but she recommended the Candlewood Suites, which she knew did, writing out directions for us, as we couldn't have found it on our own. We shall be forever grateful for her help. I hope that Expedia will refund without my having to take the matter up with American Express.
Catherine
"We have to wait an houre to get towels"
We s checked in late in friday the front desk told me there is no towels but we will have it early in morning I asked the house kepping at 10 am she told me she don't have clean ones and the check out time is 11am we have to take shoure and dress up for my son graduation do the math
alula
"Terrible sleep in your car before staying here"
Filthy room, sheets not changed, bathrooms not clean, TV's funky, staff opened my door at midnight, no maid service, property is dirty, food is sub par at best. Not "by airport" in a high crime area. DO NOT STAY HERE
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Trashy, old hotel on 82nd"
When I got to this hotel I didn't relic it would be so old and crusty. It sorta smelled and in my room there were no shower towels and stains on some of the sheets and pillows. The remote didn't work and I had no tissues left after I pulled two. I have allergies and could not stop sneezing. I'll never go stay here again. The Travelodge in Troutdale is better and Cheeper.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Ami
"Dirty"
Had to sleep in my sleeping bag The room smelled bad.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
big D
"They had NO towels...."
They switched us to a smoking room at 9 at night. Had to go gather all of our stuff and forgot to grab our charger asked to grab it and was told house keeping already cleaned the room and rented it out. However there was no housekeeping till 10or 11 in the morning to get towels since our room had NONE. Staff is condescending, lazy. Picked this motel for the pool which they do not have it opened when it was supposed to be and breakfast was very disappointing fresh fruit was not even provided.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Bad"
Not a great experience. The room was not very clean; there was some leftover trash under the nightstand and table and the floor was grimy and disgusting, especially in the bathroom. It just seemed whoever cleaned the room stopped cleaning halfway through. The door to the room SLAMS shut every time it's closed and actually shakes the entire room. The neighbor was in and out of his room all night and every time the door closed it woke me up, and I'm a heavy sleeper. We could also hear the neighbor's conversation and movement through the wall. We could hear every word. The loud slamming doors alone were enough to keep me from ever staying there again. We stayed here primarily because the room was so cheap. And I understand you get what you pay for and all that, but I felt like THEY should be paying ME to stay in this dump. I'm EXTREMELY cheap, but next time I'll do myself a favor and stay in the second cheapest room and avoid this place at all costs.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Sometimes you really do get what you pay for."
We have sometimes enjoyed finding the least expensive room in town. We have stayed in some pretty dodgy places and felt better than this one. The staff was friendly enough, not rude or dismissive but, they were somewhat absent or so new to the area that they couldn't tell us anything about the city we didn't already know from the internet. The entrance we were encouraged to use was near the pool, at the back of the building, no big deal there. The "lawn area" around that door was scary dirty. The volume of debris, trash and presumably urine, was alarming ( and this is coming from a guy who once had a bird attack him from the loose siding near his room at a hotel). The curtain in the room was torn top to bottom and the bathtub had mildew in the corners. The mildew wasn't the kind of deeply rooted stuff that is hard to get rid of, it was more like the spray bottle of Clorox once a month kind. The hallway was a windows open no screen, needs a vacuuming, doors propped open with bad music and shirtless guy coming out, did someone urinate in here kind of hallway. The pool looked nice, small but nice, but it was padlocked the whole time, presumably to keep the kids from the sketchy apartment complex that shares the parking lot from using it. On the up side, nothing was stolen, the car wasn't damaged and nobody screamed in the middle of the night so all in all, not dangerous?
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Very poor service and maintenance"
I am not one to be critical of hotels, but this one was memorable for terrible service and very poor condition. The manager met me at the check in desk at 5:00pm and made me wait while he finished his paperwork first! The lobby was cluttered and shabby looking, as were the stairs and corridor. The room was clean and comfortable, but smelled a bit. I never did get any hand towels or wash cloths. When I asked for them, I was told they were "all out"! I've probably stayed in about 50 US motels in the last few years, and this was by far the worst.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
"Closer to the airport"
Being renovated. Cheap. Staff not that friendly. Older hotel.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Worst hotel I have ever been to"
Had to wait 15 minutes for a clerk to come and check me in. Sign on the window said 5 minutes. Had to call them to get them to come. Got my room and went to it and there were no sheets or blankets or pillows on the beds. Had to wait 15 more minutes to get the clerk to check me into a new room and when I got there it smelled of mold. Very unpleasant in every way
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"worst place ever"
Place is a trash hole would rather have sleep in the dumpster outside
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
brian
"Do not stay here!"
I am aware you get what pay for and I was staying near the airport. However, this place was just disgusting. Clearly the room had not been cleaned. The floor was covered in potato chips, not crumbs, but full chips all over. I actually brought my sleeping bag in from my car and didn't let any part of me touch the bed. Light bulbs and outlets were busted out of the wall and and ceiling.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Should have read more reviews."
I arrived at about 7:30 pm and quickly realized that I was not in a very safe area of Portland. The halls of the hotel smelled like urine. Even the non-smoking rooms smelt horrible. The bathroom had black hair on the walls of the shower. My hair is brown. I was left with a half bottle of shampoo and a couple of half rolls of toilet paper. People talked and were up all night I think they finally went to bed at 5 am. I ate breakfast with a homeless man and his kids. I hope things turn around for him. His kids deserve better than that place.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Jared
"Nice location"
I heard the people in room next to, and upstairs. I smelled the cigarette. I heard the people in room next to, and upstairs. I smelled the cigarette.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Saud
"cheap but gross"
Place was pretty filthy, floors were the loudest I had ever heard. You're definitely getting what you pay for here.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Don't go there"
OMG when I booked it I thought it was going to be as comfortable and clean as the one in Spokane where I live unfortunately it was old and smelled nasty! Located on one of the dangerous streets in Portland( 82nd) the staff is ok but they don't take care of the hotel (the building that you can sleep in. Not even a motel).
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
abdul
"crack head w daughter"
When checking in the reception area their was what appeared to be a crack head w her daughter. Also the room smelled terribly. We felt the neighborhood was unfit for our family so decided not to stay.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Very quiet at a convenient location"
I stayed at a non-smoking room, but it still smelled of smoke.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Tuppence
"Great value, friendly staff"
Let's be honest - this is not a 5-star hotel. Breakfast isn't anything impressive. There are English muffins and bread - both come in white and wheat varieties. There's apple and orange juice, freshly brewed coffee, and a limited amount of doughnut holes, doughnut halves, or other pastries. There's cereal and oatmeal but I didn't touch either. For topping your bread products there's rather thick raspberry jelly and some liquid butter substitute that's pretty healthy and low-fat, but to be completely honest I had it one day and decided to have my bread with jelly or dry. I was never in the fitness room, and the pool was not open when I visited, as it is open seasonally. The laundry room was out of service during my stay, and the closest laundromat is a decent distance away. My room was quite clean, with just a bit of stubborn mold in the caulking of the tub. Room service kept everything clean, provided fresh towels and linens daily, and was very courteous and friendly. The front desk attendants I interacted with were incredibly friendly, and recommended places to eat, shop, visit, etc. They were warm, helpful, and incredibly personable. They made me feel very much at home during my stay. This is not the nicest hotel in town, but between the competitive rates and the compassion of the hostess who handled my booking, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
Brandon Smith
"Portland and Travelodge should disown this one!!"
1- Neighborhood: in the twelve hours we were staying there two police cars stopped by to talk to neighbors/guests/etc about incidents!. Enough said. 2- Service: neither the night shift nor the day shifters were not in the mood for service, I was under the impression that they deserved at least the min. wage!! 3- Breakfast: What BF?, we showed up at 845am and after ten min. he was ready to kick us out of the miniature dining area, because we were silly enough to ask for more toast/milk/coffee (he explained that they stop service at 900am; by 9am 6 more couples showed up, but no food for them either!!!) I was under the impression that many motels that serve food (I use the word loosely) would do it until 10am, silly me!! 4- Cleanliness: The room was fairly(!) clean, but the inside corridor (both floors), stairway, front/back area, room coffeemaker, towels, etc., not desirable at all. 5- Motel upkeep: Tear the eye sore down and put up a parking lot.!!!!!! (I like to see the owner and how he lives.) Has Travelodge franchise visited this site recently, in the past ten years that is? I doubt it. Who are the people who rate this place 2,3 and 4. Oh, please. (They are the owner's family members I presume?) A very sad (and unhappy) day in my 45 year travelling experiences. NOT even a TWO star motel, despite its amenities, for sure folks.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2014
Majid
"Not worth it."
Although I booked this room at a "reasonable" rate, I would rather have slept in my car. It looked nothing like the photos. The facility was poorly kept. There was minimal amenities. The "continental breakfast" was white toast and cereal. There was not enough toilet paper in the bathroom. If you just want somewhere to stay and don't care about quality or cleanliness then I would recommend this place. If you would like to stay somewhere that has the amenities listed and feels clean, go somewhere else.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014