All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Bad breakfast
    Bad amenities
    Bad internet service
"Rough night"
The service was fine, and room comfortable. However, between the loud guests in the hall, and those above us, it was a loud night. So, we decided to sleep in, but someone started mowing before 8:00 am. My partner woke with white fuzz balls caught in her hair from the bed linens.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2016
Gregory
You could tell that the place was getting remodeled. Nice and quiet.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
Cristal
"Won't go back"
Just got the room to be close to the airport so we could catch an early flight. Normally wouldn't choose a hotel of this type. Neighborhood and parking lot are sketchy. People talked all night long and slammed doors. Barely was able to get any rest. I knew I was taking a risk with such a low priced hotel. At least it was fairly clean.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
"I love the Red Roof Inn!"
I have stayed in a lot of hotels. I never expected to say that the red roof inn in portland oregon was my favorite...but it is. If you're in portland and you're not at the red roof inn.WHY?!!
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2016
howard
"look for something better"
Another place to avoid at all costs the hotel staff is rude I was told that I could check out at 11:45am only to get a knock on my door the next morning telling me it was time to get out of room I had to hurry myself it very was annoying because I had just stepped out of the shower. The room itself it dopey as it had hard wood floors and the bed was just beyond it last days don't stay here at all costs.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2016
rami
"Too noisy! Got what we paid for"
Room was comfortable and for the price better than expected. However the other occupants were very noisy and seemed to either be long term residence or long term stay. A lot of hall traffic and loud conversations outside of rooms. We were kept awake past midnight must nights and woken at 4am many mornings be someone trying to wake occupants in the next room. Loud singing at all hours. The area was very rough but convene t to fry ways and airport. Would not stay again.
5 night family trip Jan 29, 2016
jackie
"Smells like anger and shame"
Bad neighborhood. Blood stains in sheets Stains on walls and bathroom shower hotel smelled bad.
2 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2016
Ramiro
Nice hotel for the costs and pet friendly.
7 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
I have stayed here before and have never had a problem with any of the other guests or the frony desk. My dog was able to stay free which is always nice. The only thing i dont like is its a non smoking building. So when its cold and ur a smoker that kinda sucks.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Smoky Rooms and Mysterious Noises"
Red Roof Inn wasn't the worst hotel I've stayed at, but it isn't far from it. While the lobby and exterior of the hotel appear well maintained, the rooms are not. In fact, the hotel has signs throughout its lobby and halls specifying that it is a no smoking facility, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The front desk clerk was prompt in fulfilling my reservation, but it was a 'business-as-usual' interaction. When I first entered my non-smoking room, a strong tobacco odor wafted through the air. Give my aversion to cigarettes, I was less than thrilled about this. The room itself was about average in terms of size. The beds were comfortable enough, but the bedding reeked of tobacco. The refrigerator in the room didn't work, and the heater wasn't the best. In addition, the walls in this hotel are thin. The person(s) staying in the room next door were hopefully watching television loudly, but I would've slept better without the mysterious noises. The location of the hotel seems reasonable enough, but there aren't many restaurants nearby that I could find that weren't fast food. Also, there were many adult stores in the area. I'm unsure if that's indicative of the neighborhood, but I would've reconsidered this hotel if I was aware of its nearby businesses. Overall, the Red Roof Inn is probably worth the price if you don't intend to stay there for anything more than sleeping. I don't intend to stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2015
Jacob
"OK for a day"
it low budget but fine for a one night stay. room had open outlets --not great for small kids. surrounding rooms had a lot of kids and noise. It appear clean and the beds were good for the night. One big issue is they do not have Airport shuttle service so don't plan on leaving a car at this location before a flight.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"Good Hotel"
Large and free parking lot, 24 hours hot and ''GOOD'' cafe, friendly helpful front desk. Little snacks offered in the morning, internet is good and strong enough, great quality/price match. l would recommend to everyone.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
Mehmet
Alot of people noise, kept getting woke up, kept thinking someone was trying to get into out room because of the doors being so close to the others
1 night trip Dec 5, 2015
Cheryl
"I would only stay here no more than 24hrs"
This place was okay, but the sheets had cat hair on them, the guest next door was smoking marijuana and was lingering into our room, and it's suppose to be a none smoking facility. When your on the lower floor you can hear everything upstairs. I do appreciate the renovations, but they defiantly need to force their NO SMOKING policy and hire new housekeepers.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Rather stay at Howard Johnson 100 ft up the road"
Front desk was nice but I had to change rooms three times- The first room I got keys for was someone else's room already. There stuff was in the room and the beds were unmade. Went back to the front desk for another room and was given keys to a room that was just being cleaned by the room attendants. The third time I went back to get another room key - finally got a decent room. I say decent very loosely. The beds were so disheveled - very untidy- and the beds roll all over the floor. The bathroom was borderline unacceptable. The shower temperature control was backwards - mold around the tub- and there was corroded caulking around the edge from what ever use to be in the bathroom. AC/Heater didn't work. Don't think I'd return or recommend - I've had better experiences at the Motel 6.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
danielle
"Great staff"
Newly renovated, but done on the cheap. *We had a mix up on our plans. The front desk people were patient beyond measure, especially Elizabeth (I believe.)
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Breneesha
"Good price, but you get what you pay for"
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, room was not clean-hair stuck to floor with what looked like dried blood. Very thin walls, noisy hall. Not the most comforting of crowds that hangs out in that hotel. However, good location from downtown, and cheap price.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
"OREGON girl in town"
Thank you for the great customer service. Young lady working oct 31st evening when I checked in around 5pm was amazing! Professional, efficient and fast service. Thank you! I appreciated that immensely.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
Andromeda
"Pretty clean but horrible night!"
The workers were so loud I couldn't get any sleep through out the night! I wouldn't not recommend this place, the housekeeping/staff are so loud I'm surprised they even get guests to stay. Will not stay here again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
bad wifi. rude customer service. wasn't expecting $100 incidental fee.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
"Ok Room. Very Loud Housekeepers."
The room isn't bad and the hotel desk guy (Michael) is very nice. The issue is the noise. The walls must be paper thin because you could hear everything. Also, the housekeepers need to do a better job of limiting the amount of noise they make. They bang doors. They are loud in the hallways. I appreciate they have a job to do, but come on!
5 night trip Oct 23, 2015
"Perfect place if you like dirty and unkept rooms"
As simple as this: we found long dark hair on the shower tile and bathtub, not to mention soap build-up and the rod about to come off the wall. The room had a not very pleasant smell and the could not even help to get a bottle opener nor get the tv remote to work. This property is located in a very sketchy area which they failed to mention in their website
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
JC
beds were wonderful. no chairs for sitting and reading, only a office chair. lots of late night hall noise. staff was really great.
3 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Sharon L.
"Economical Stay for easy access to Portland sites"
Just needed a clean, quiet & comfortable place to sleep and if fulfilled that requirement.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Terry
"Just what we needed for a one night stay."
Overnight trip
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Brittaney
"Red Roof Inn Portland Airport"
Was very pleasant rooms are very clean and modern with premium bedding.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Stephen
The place is in middle of a reno I could hear the person on cell speaker calling American Airlines I could hear people running down the hall the bathroom didn't have a shower curtain in it tv had limited channels and the weren't clear
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Kimberly
"STAY AWAY!!"
Arrived and no one was in the office, after a 10 minute wait had to call the hotel to tell someone I was there. Lady came out with an attitude. Hotel is under construction in a few areas. Very noisy and the workers were total jerks. A guy was framing the new laundry room, as I walked by he was actually using his nail gun at my head height. 1 Slip and I might have lost an eye or something worse. No consideration for safety of the guests. Very noisy hallways at night. They have people living in the hotel ( long term ) and they have no consideration for the guests. Slamming doors all night, screaming at there kids overall just a bad situation. Got back to my room on Friday around 3:45 to a knock on the door, guys there to change out the wiring for the new TV's. I said I guess. Come in they took 15 minutes to do the work but said I would have any tv til the new one arrived. Asked when? they didn't know. The kicker is if I hadn't been in the room, they would have come in anyways since they had a pass key. Kinda weird to have an outside vendor going into occupied rooms without the occupants approval. 4 hours later I still had no TV. Tried to talk to the manager / owner but he wasn't available. Said he would call me but still have yet to hear from him. I left a day early since I could not trust the hotel. Not knowing who they would allow in my room.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Thin walls :("
We booked the room based on the room pictures and the fact that they allowed animals. The room/beds were comfortable and attractive, but the walls/ceiling/floor are SUPER thin. First night there were guests partying right outside our door at 1am. After management told them to be quiet, the rest of the night we heard walking, pounding, etc on all side of us ALL NIGHT. We had our dog with us who barked at every noise, so the 2nd night I ended up sleeping on the floor in the bathroom with the light & fan on so he couldn't hear the banging all night. We stayed for 2 nights and didn't get ANY sleep. I had apts each morning so took my dog with me and left my husband at the hotel to try to sleep. That didn't work either because the cleaning staff was very loud and would let the doors slam against the door jams every time they entered/exited. Loved the look and feel of the room, but there is NO WAY to get any sleep :(
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Amber
"Great place if you're on a budget"
It was a nice place. They only complaints were that there are the door didn't really fit in the openning so you could hear everything in the hallways. All the doors were like this. The tv antenna didn't work so we only got one channel. nice new room, awesome hardwood flooring and very comfy bed.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Billy
"Close to airport and comfortable"
Everything was good. We wanted to be close to the airport and we got a good deal.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
"get a way from home nights"
the place was a ok room for the 2 nights we stayed. The continental breakfast was bad. a roll and coffee. not real convenient but ok. We had to find a place for breakfast after what they had at the motel.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Not complaining, not raving"
The hallways are noisey... no way around this... though not the hotel's fault, the people next to me were up all night, coming and going outside to smoke, slamming their door shut. The room itself is fine, and the neighborhood is fine ( despite what locals will tell you about 82nd Ave )
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
"Great hotel for price"
Room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly. Neighborhood was sketch af
4 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Sketchy hotel"
Was just passing thru on our way to seaside. Portland is cool but we should have just stayed in seaside. This hotel was in a sketchy neighborhood the tv and a digital antenna box and the towels were all dirty in room.we only paid 95 after tax so I guess you can't beat it but we realized we could have just paid a few more for the b&b we stayed at in seaside.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
matt
"Don't treat me like Jesus now."
Other than reservation difficulties, check in was reasonably seamless.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2015
Regina
Neighborhood is scetchy but we didn't have any problems. The front desk staff was friendly. The room was clean and had been remodeled. Overall it was good for the price. However, I left my glasses on the counter in the bathroom and the cleaning people didn't turn them in. So if you stay here make sure you don't forget anything because they will steal it.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Kara
"Not a bad place still need some up dates..."
There was an outlet not properly attached to the wall, the shower seamed to have been missing a splash guard on the tub, there was now Iron to press our clothes. And an extra night stand would have been good.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
richard
"Beautiful rooms, reasonable rates"
My stay at Red Roof Inn was very pleasant. The rooms were spacious, attractive and clean. My only complaint was that at the rate I paid through Expedia, I was not given a coffee maker in my room. That seemed a little strange, but there was very good, fresh coffee in the lobby. The rooms were quiet and the window view was very nice. I'll definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Lela
"Under Construction, But a good place."
This is an inexpensive place to stay in a safe neighborhood. It is handy to a couple of bus lines which are quick trips to two of the Light Rail system stations. I had a freshly remodeled room, and the construction should be done soon. One minor nit - the staff seems to hang out on the front "porch" - a narrow walkway with a railing. It is easy for someone to lean on the rail and yak on the phone. But even one person blocks access, especially difficult when one is carrying packages.
8 night trip Aug 22, 2015
The accommodations were in very good condition, though I found the bed too soft for me. Unfortunately, despite signs in several places saying visitors are not allowed after 10:00 PM, there was a lot of noise and talking in the halls well past 11:00. The sound proofing left a lot to be desired.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Melinda
"Good hotel for the price and location."
Affordable rooms. The staff is very friendly, the rooms were very clean and up to date compared to other hotels in the area. Contains a lot of working class people and you don't feel scared walking outside at night like some of the other places around there.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Miles
"Horrible activity all night long."
Activity in parking lot all night long. People walking around not safe.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"My Rush Concert Trip"
I was very impressed with staff's pleasant and welcoming way I was treated.TO tell you the truth I was highly concerned about the beds in the room, much to my surprise they were very comfortable and offered a very good nights sleep.The reason I was so concerned it was 12 yrs ago I had 2 major back surgeries. So may I say in so many words, a good comfortable bed makes the stay sooooo! much nicer for all guest. I'd also like to say the hotel felt more equal to a higher end hotel, & not the rate I paid, very impressive keep up the good work, don't know when I'll be back Portland way again, but I am recommending your hotel to others. Sincerely Dean L. Jones
2 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Gail
check in was easy. rooms are very nice. good location. all went well.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Close to the airport, but it was a real dump."
The only good thing was I could check out and get refunded by Expedia for the remaining days. I would not recommend this motel even if you want to save money. Spend a bit more and get a better motel. You won't regret it.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Dianne
"clean and fresh.. dodgey area"
Newly remodeled..clean..comfy.. just in a dodgey area
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Brandi
"nice hotel-bad area"
It was a nice hotel in a bad area. At 1 am someone was walking back and fourth above me. I addressed it with the front desk and they handled it. The beds were nice and the room was clean.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2015
"Al rooms clean & newly remodeled."
Can't beat it for the price of you're staying for a night or 2 in Portland. It's confusing how some reviews, after paying just a hundred or hundred fifty bucks, sing this place for "the water took too long to get hot" or "the freezer wasn't cold enough." My room had a fridge, freezer, microwave, king size bed, and bathroom with seperate little book for hand washing. Plenty of space for a couple, tight squeeze for 3. Fyi, the rear of the lot (and the hotel's back exit), is adjacent to a lower-income apartment building. If you walk out there at night you'll probably see some of those guys sitting around, having a beer, etc. Welcome to Portland! Just say hello and walk on by. Try eating at KC's deli if you're in need of a nearby, fresh snack. The other offerings are fast food and a nearby 7-11 ...KC's is definitely the way to go.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
West
"Couldn't take a bath, because the tub drain leaked"
It was an OK experience. Unexpected charge when checking in, although the room was paid for up front, there was a $100.00 hold on my card that i almost did not have available. The tub drain leaked, so we couldn't take a bath. The bed was comfortable enough and we slept well.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015