All hotels in Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America
1675 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI, 49444, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Muskegon Irish Festival visitor"
good price, clean comfortable, friendly staff, breakfast buffet was ok, traditional type buffet, eggs, waffles, sausage, like the yogurt, fruit, really good coffee at buffet. Would go again for value and location.
"Odd happenings"
Hmmmm. Hall and room had a smokey smell. A few minutes after we were in our room a worker for the hotel let himself into our room unannounced -- was embarrassed to see us as he thought the room was unoccupied and he was coming in to replace a towel rack. The next day, when we were out around town, I got a call on my cell phone wondering why our luggage was still in our room past the checkout time. This was a strange call, because we were not scheduled to check out until the following day. The people who worked there were friendly, the included breakfast and chocolate chip cookies both good. Location was good. Can forgive the unintentional invasion and mixup over checkout date, but the smokey smell, while faint, kept us from ever feeling really comfortable.
chuck
"Our stay was acceptable, but nothing exceptional."
This hotel is just ok. It's a little overpriced. The breakfast was not very good and the bathroom floor was a little dirty. There was nothing horrible about it, but nothing better than mediocre either.
"Disappointing"
Rooms are very dusty and smell old & like mildew. They really need to be updated, the carpet and curtains need to be replaced. The bath tub didn't look clean. The lobby area had been updated and the staff was friendly. I would not recommend because of the rooms. Not worth the money.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
Sandy
Just a few things that we didn't care for....like the price was pretty steep, hot tub in pool area was not operating with just lukewarm water and water jets were not working. The continental breakfast was decent, our room was very clean as were the sheets. The air conditioning in room worked great. Location was ideal being right off the expressway, staff was friendly, lots of close-by restaurants and other stores. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it a 8.5.
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2012

I stayed because of the location. Staff is great; rooms could use an upgrade. A bit overpriced for the quality of the property.
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback; we will definitely use this information to help us with property improvements. We hope to see you again after our rooms/hotel remodel. Again we thank you!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
SL
Nice hotel, good breakfast. LOVE the pool and spa (although spa was way too hot- could only put feet in) Very convenient location, easy to find! Looking forward to seeing the renovations- bathrooms need them!!
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn Muskegon

"Pleasant Stay"
08/23/15 Maguire W Park City, Utah
I was traveling through Muskegon from Grand Rapids to Traverse City. I chose this property because of its price, location, and visible room condition. I am happy to say I will most likely being staying at this property again when I visit again in a couple of months. Some positives for this property are the staff, all are very friendly and I got a very genuine feel from them. The manager checked me out and I have to say that all of the other reviews have no merit with my encounter. Another positive is the breakfast, everything you could ask for with a free breakfast. Okay selection of pastries, good eggs and bacon, some ripe fresh fruit and of course a waffle maker. Something to keep in mind when staying at this property are that their are inward facing rooms that have windows looking into the pool area, if you aren't traveling with kids that will use the pool are would rather a view of the outside check which room you are picking when booking here. The room was thoroughly pleasant. Very comfortable beds, pleasant easy on the eyes lighting, and very spacious bathroom. Everything you would expect for the price I paid.
"TERRIBLE MANAGER PROPERTY OUT OF CONTROL"
08/20/15 Daniel H
Property is out of control. Manager has not returned my calls, I have contacted corporate regarding my matter. Corporate needs to fire her and find a responsible manager with better customer service skills then Mary Byrd. Corporate has a lot of cleaning up to do soon after this manager is fired because she is not customer friendly and does not address our needs as a paying customer!
"RUDE manager, poor housekeeping, overcrowded breakfast"
08/06/15 MIFamily U Ann Arbor, Michigan
Housekeeping did not clean my room even though I specifically told them I wanted it cleaned while I was out. Returned after midnight to a filthy room. Manager was extremely rude when I tried to get compensation for this. Breakfast was so overcrowded and no place to sit. Pools were dirty and too strong chemicals. Way overpriced for what you get, and especially for the service and attitude of management.
"Great family weekend"
08/05/15 workingforvacation15
Booked last minute over a very busy weekend. The staff was overly accommodating and made me feel very welcomed. I wasn't able to get two consecutive nights because the hotel was completely booked. The following morning at checkout the Manager Mary informed us that she had found us a room for that night. Breakfast was PACKED but the staff was cheerful and did a great job keeping everything tidy and filled. Some on the guests were rowdy but the front desk did a great job of settling unsupervised children and let me know if we had any issues to call right away. The room was clean and nicely updated. It's very clear that owners/managers of this establishment are extremely involved and instill pride in their employees.
"Super overpriced"
08/02/15 SueZq48 Chicago, Illinois
Overpriced!!! In "not great" neighborhood near a Sam's club. Pros- Check in was easy-staff very pleasant. Room appeared clean, but smelled smokey/musty/moldy. Loud. Paid 250 with taxes for a double queen room on a Saturday night- worth about $85. Breakfast provided in morning was ok/average- powdered eggs and such. Probably fine for families with kids who love to swim and don't care about overpaying.
"DONT STAY HERE"
07/24/15 msl9999313 Commerce Township, Michigan
I recently had a stay this past week and it was extremely unsanitary. There was bugs in our room. There was a brown spot on the floor that stained my blanket. I left very itchy. Faulty switch in our bathroom. And the hallways always smelt. When I left I felt very disgusted. The lights never stopped flickering in the hallways. The mant. was horrible and this was all from a two night stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.
"Nice amenities, Friendly Staff, but shower issues"
07/23/15 Heidi K Goodrich, Michigan, United States
#hotcoldshower. Alternating boiling water, then freezing water became a problem. Breakfast buffet was good, nice reception area with lots of room. Sauna was enticing, however did not work for us. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful! :)
"Perfect hotel for Michigan Adventures....."
07/23/15 caribbeancrazy75 aruba
We were very happy with our 2 days stay at the Comfort Inn, we arrived an hour before check in time and were able to check in, good location, close to the Michigan Adventures Park, my daughter loved the indoor pool, the breakfast was FABULOUS, the staff were very friendly, Mary the Manager was very friendly and professional and the breakfast girls were GREAT....this hotel was just what we needed, we ate at the surrounding restaurants and there is a Walmart and a strip mall right behind the hotel. Perfect for a 1-2 day stay....
"Nice hotel, but poor customer service"
07/20/15 kuandr Novi, Michigan
We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. We had a confirmed reservation with Choice hotels, but they refused to accept it. It took over an hour to finally check in and get a room. Not a good start! Otherwise, the room was very nice, clean and recently updated.
"great place"
07/18/15 D L Detroit, Michigan
We just stayed there. Staff excellent. Good value. Breakfast pretty much identical to most comfort inns. Newly renovated. Very nice and quite. Would stay again. Good location also jump to Grand Haven.