All hotels in Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America
1675 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI, 49444, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

1 night trip Jul 26, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn Muskegon

"Rude front desk people"
07/02/15 JimLG Overland Park, KS
We had a group of about 10 rooms reserved for several months, complete with individual names, room requests, and individual confirmation numbers. The desk clerks and manager said they did not have that information, and refused to check people in until the person who made the reservations was at the desk. They were very argumentative and rude. Our group of travelers are all 60+ professional people who have all traveled for a living all their lives, and we agreed that we had never experienced that level of immature rudeness. The rooms were nice and the breakfast was fine, but the welcoming committee needs some refinement.
"Great Motel"
06/29/15 Steve C Cincinnati, Ohio
I stayed here on a business trip. The motel is right off the highway with plenty of places to eat and close to the lake. The front desk staff were very nice. The room was huge and very clean. The breakfast was good and always stocked well. Just a tip try to get a room on the upper floor some people are very loud walkers and forget they are not the only people staying there sometimes.
"Visit the week of June 7"
06/17/15 Mary B Pontiac, Illinois
I had read some bad reviews and was a little concerned; however, my family had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. When I was locked out of my room the maintenance team quickly responded. My room was nice. The mattress was a little firmer than I like, but that is a personal preference. The room had a microwave, refrigerator and safe which I liked. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. You had two waffle batter choices. Depending on the day, there was also scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, Canadian bacon, biscuits and gravy, and some fresh fruit. There was also the standard cold options. There are two pools, an indoor and an outdoor, as well as a hot tub and sauna. The hot tub is hot but felt great after a minute. The indoor pool was heated and the outdoor pool felt cooler. Because of the weather, I did not see anyone use the outdoor pool. There is also a game area and tables near the pool. It would be a great area for a party with older children. The pools, hot tub and surrounding area were clean and well maintained. The hotel is in a shopping plaza. There are several restaurants, fast food restaurants and stores in walking distance for this reason. The hotel also has a very nice fitness room, free Wi-Fi and a computer with printer. The only downside is no elevator, but there are only two floors. I would not have used one to go up one flight. Also, I felt the water pressure in the shower was a little weak. I would definitely stay here again.
"Nice stop"
05/19/15 Anne K Saint Louis, Missouri
Clean hotel, nice rooms, free breakfast, great fitness center & pool, We stopped while traveling up the west coast of Michigan & was very happy with the hotel. Wifi was fast, room was nice, hotel staff were accommodating.
"A little over priced"
05/07/15 Steve R Monticello Illinois USA
Young lady at the check in was polite and helpful. There is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage you may want to ask for the first floor. The room was clean but you could hear stuff going on in the hall and the adjoining rooms. There is no light on the ceiling and only one floor lamp so I had to move the lamp from behind the chair to next to the desk so I could see to work. Also I had to move the desk to plug in my computer as there was no outlets on or near the desk. Not sure it was worth 119.00 out of season.
"Second Visit"
05/07/15 jcdltravelers Troy, Michigan
This was my second stay here while on business. The location is convenient for business as well as many options regarding dining establishments within 5 miles. While this is an older property, the management is making very good efforts in updating the rooms with fresh paint, carpeting, furniture. I especially like the room layout with lots of bathroom space. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet for a good night sleep. Breakfast is better with more selections of eggs, bacon, sausage & biscuits, waffles, as well as the cold options of cereal, muffins, yogurt. My only recommendation is to have a multi-outlet station near the desk for electronic devices.
"Beware"
03/13/15 Brenda L
NEVER EVER.... While they are putting all the lipstick renovations on the inside of their rooms... Doesn't change the fact... Building old. Sound in hallways travels, echo's terrible! Stayed 2 nights for family in local b hospital. First night really nice. Heard hallway echo, didn't really matter. Second night, birthday party! Complained till midnight, should of left because front desk would ask for them to quiet down, to no avail, should of called police did not. Talked to manager a couple weeks later. She has documented from front desk of noise, of help asking to quiet, should of offered refund or any token of points , something for starting through that nightmare.... SHE did NOT Warning, yes they give you a discounted rate regular $99.00 down to $67.00. Hospital rate. However 4 hours sleep, knew problem, verbal apology, SO POOR EMPLOYEES!!!
"Not worth the 109 a night they wanted"
03/04/15 Pete K Lapeer, Michigan
Room was nice but water was ether to hott or cold or changing. room was clean but older. The Afternoon shift Staff was far from nice lets say , the Lady that came on at 11 was great though. The pool was not as nice as I expected and the Hottub jets were weak. For the Money the Baymont is as nice and Cheaper.
"winter storm stay"
02/09/15 kfsbower Whitehall, Michigan
We live close by but with an incredible winter storm in progress we booked a room quickly - didn't want to miss a scheduled surgery the next day. The rooms were clean, staff accommodating and very pleasant. Apparently they are undergoing a renovation - with great staff and an update this is a great place to stay in Muskegon.
"Comfort Inn Muskegon Review July 2014"
02/07/15 Ray D Flushing, Michigan
The carpet needed to be cleaned although they were renovating down our hall at that time. The breakfast food that they suppled was very good and diverse. The pool area was somewhat small but they had a large area inside for children. (our kids are grown and away from home). The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. With the exception of the carpet, I would stay there again.