All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America
27033 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI, 48034, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Just ok"
The hotel provided the basics but not up to the standard that I have experienced in other Marriottes. For that area, I would probably look at another hotel next time.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Walt
No consideration for a power outage & on-site bar expensive
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Power Outage"
It Was My Bday9/20 And I Went To The Marriot.. It Rain And Power Went OUT for three hr... They gave glo sticks to those that stayed but i had a candle.. About midnitish It Return And That Was That But I Didnt Like That I Was On The Bottom Floor Near Pool Area...
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Virgo
"All you need"
Its all you really need for a business trip. Close enough to the 'business sector' of Southfiled / Troy MI. Clean room with free WiFi. Even a restaurant in the hotel. Only gripe was the cable quality was shotty. Easily over look that though.
5 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
"POOR SERVICE"
Hotel is a little out dated. The room was comfortable, but the power was out for almost 3 hours. The hotel refused to give any type of compensation for this.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Good experience. Room was good. Enjoyed breakfast being included
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Very tired hotel"
This hotel hasn't been upgraded in 15 years. I would not return.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"A nice night away from home"
Attended an event a few minutes from hotel. Conveniently located near/at the Telegraph/I-696 mixing bowl. Very friendly, helpful staff. Clean, well maintained room. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Staff / hotel great, air conditioner not so much"
The hotel was nice enough, clean - particularly liked the comfort of the pillows/bed. Staff was very sweet, pleasant. However, the air conditioner was very loud and kep cycling thru the night and woke me up repeatedly... that part was not good... would have liked a more stable (quieter) form of room temp. :)
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Sue
Good Hotel for the weekend for the price . My room was in the 6th floor, very quiet. Easy way to the freeway. Breakfast you have to pay.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Leo
"Great!!!!"
The stay was amazing! Only one thing, we booked 2 double bed rooms, but got 2 king sized bed rooms. They did have roll away beds, so it was fine. Other than that, we loved it!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
ATC
Excellent customer service with all the amenities. Good location and Minutes from downtown.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Nate
"Very Nice"
The only problem that I have is the TERRIBLE condition of the access road to the hotel. If someone could FINALLY get that road smoother it would be great!
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
We had one problem, when we checked in and checked out there was no one on duty to help us with our luggage, and all of the carts were gone. We are senior citizens and it was very inconvenient.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Natalie Turner
"Nice hotel and affordable"
The hotel was perfect in many aspects. It is clean and well maintained. The TV remote even worked. The bed was some type of memory foam and extremely comfortable. The only issue was a somewhat cocky girl at the front desk. Since I'm always well mannered and kind I get annoyed by those that are not and she definitely was not. Everyone else was ok though.
"good place to stay"
hotel staff very nice very what i thought was a major problem turn out to be minor and they were understanding even gave me a another room i tought that was great service would reccomend to my friends and family
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
candace
"Convenient location to Telegraph Road"
Stayed on the concierge level where the service and the hotel personnel were excellent
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Gerry
"Good but small cleanliness hiccup"
I stayed for 3 nights. I was basically there just to sleep because I had a full itinerary every day. The first morning I took a shower - the shower curtain was disgusting! It had body dirt all along the bottom. I told a really nice cleaning lady, and she made sure it was fixed. I came back that night and saw that I got a clean new shower curtain. There was a family reunion and there was a loud party in the room across from mine every night. I guess that is not the hotel's fault. Other than that, everything was standard/good. The bed was comfortable. They did a good job cleaning the room each day. There is a small fridge, and that was cool. Needed a key in the elevator to get to my floor - that made me feel like it was more secure. Didn't interact much with staff. Good visit.
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
kW
"Nice place, bad timing"
We started a three-day stay on a Thursday while we were visiting family nearby. Everything was fine the first night. On Friday night, after being with our family all day, we returned about 11 p.m. and found the lobby jam-packed with people. There were two huge family reunions scheduled. Since these were all-ages events, a lot of unsupervised children were running through the halls long after bedtime. Also, a lot of adults were socializing in the hallways in loud voices. I understand that most hotels need to book large groups to be profitable. I just didn't expect it at an upscale hotel like this one. One of the things you pay for at a Marriott is the expectation of better behavior from fellow guests.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Ken
My room was clean, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was in great condition, they had plenty of towels and chairs for all.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
It took three tries on the elevator to get to our floor to door cards didnt work, had to return to front desk several times to get on the floor then again in the room. Desk person escorted up the elevator to our floor. That was good thing,but they should check their electronic security system. There were other guest with similar problems. (Maybe IT personnel resolve the problem). But had a good stay
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Dear Valued Guest ~ Thank you for chosing our hotel and for providing feedback for your most recent stay. We take all comments seriously and have followed up with the appropriate department heads regarding the door cards and elevator. We value feedback from our guests, much like yourself, as we strive for excellence in customer service. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you on a future visit.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Bernard
"Broken Peace"
I was ok with the stay my frustration was to find that my Credit card had been billed over 4 times at a total of 491.00 over the amount that I should have paid. While they expressed their apology for the over billing they billed me one final time for 65.00 after I had checked out then informed me that they could not credit my account back that we would have to contact the bank and they could write a letter to get funds released. That was interesting.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Dear Valued Guest ~ Thank you choosing our location for your most recent stay. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and have addressed the issue with the appropriate department heads. I also would like to thank you for bringing the informatio to our attention as it is through the feedback of guests, much like yourself, we are able to continue to improve our processes and service. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward hosting you again.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Peace in Broken Pieces
"great stay"
Great stay loved it
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
Clean rooms nice location friendly staff would stay again.
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
Latoya
"Would have stayed longer"
The bed was everything. I wish I could stayed longer. Was in town for a bachelorette party.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Dominique
Breakfast coupon is only 2 per room and one day room service forgot to clean the room when we back in evening.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you for choosing the Detroit Marriott Southfield for your most recent stay. I have received your comments, and on behalf of the Marriott Detroit Southfield team, I apologize that your stay here was not up to Marriott standards you have come to expect. I have carefully read over your concerns and have discussed your comments with the approriate departments. We are always looking for ways to improve our facility and feedback is extremely important to our team. I hope you will try our facility next time you may be in the Southfield area. We look forward to creating your Marriott experience the next time you are in the area.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Quiet stay"
I had no problems at this hotel. It was quiet, clean, and everything worked well except for hit-and-miss wifi. I connected to the lobby wifi and those problems went away. I'd stay here again.
2 night business trip May 16, 2014
"One night in May 2014"
Southfield Marriott was as expected; clean and decent enough for a one night stay. My wife had a seminar in the hotel. Room was clean and quiet . I took in the workout room and pool. Both were clean and well maintained. Front desk staff was kind, esp. Sharon who checked us in. There are decent restaurants within five minutes....hotel itself is located at the far end of a service drive.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Terrible road to get there, classic Marriott comfort inside. Nice restaurant. Old, kind of dirty carpet in the hallways.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
Don
"Relaxing for the weekend"
The best part: the whirlpool, me and better half was able to unwind and relax from the week. The 2nd best part: the room was clean and nice, although one of our pillows had sum stain so we asked for new pillows. The service: Not too good. There was free breakfast included with our stay. But when we went for breakfast the waiter gave us a check for $27 & sum change. It was corrected but avoidable if some way the people who work for that department will know that sum guests will have breakfast incl. with their stay. We found this hotel at a good rate for the weekend that was one of the specific reasons why we booked this hotel. Sometimes there are sum issues when a room is booked with a convenient rate. Also, there is a holding deposit with a credit card to stay at this chain of Marroitt that was another hang up that we were not aware of from booking this hotel. So, the free breakfast included making sure the guest does not have to go to the front desk to make sure there's no charge. The holding deposit for hotels that have one should be visual and known to the people booking within the reservation notes for any hotel booking. Overall, nice but avoidable irritation.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"lovely"
beside the other noisy stayers it was great. breakfast was amazing!!!
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Shirita
"Adequate for business travel"
Staff was polite and hotel was clean. Located right by Interstate highway, about 40 minutes from DFW airport. Restaurant was OK. Free parking. WiFi barely worked. Room was small. This place was adequate but not great.
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
LSC
"relaxing"
Enjoyable, quite and relaxing
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2014
Brenda
Outstanding! Customer service was excellent! I highly recommend Detroit Marriott Southfield!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Angela
"great job"
had a great time everyone was very nice and polite thank you very much
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
Monica Davis
"weekend get away"
I got the room just for the weekend and it was verey quite all thur out the night, no late no partys or nothing I enjoyed my stay
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Reasonably Priced Hotel Without Close Resturants"
This appears to be an older hotel, but it has nice furnishings and was fairly comfortable. It has a large onsite resturant, which was good, because there were no other resturants close by. I needed to print a couple of emails from the Business Center, but the printer was in need of a new cartridge. One of the employees at the desk offered to print them, if I could give it to them on a flash drive, which I did. I appreciated the help, but would have been easier if they had just installed a new print cartridge.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you for choosing the Detroit Marriott Southfield for your most recent visit. I have reviewed your comments and have shared your feedback with the approriate department leaders as we value our guest comments. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our location. Thank you again for choosing the Detroit Marriott Southfield and I invite you to try our location again when returning to the Detroit/Southfield area.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Tony
"Detroit Visit"
Convenient location. Rooms very large and comfortable. Friendly staff
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
the Millers
"Nikki Southfield Leisure"
I enjoyed the Marriott. The hotel is conveniently located of the service drive in Southfield. The staff is friendly and rooms are clean and cozy.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Nikki
"Marriott stay"
Good stay. Marriott is always a nice place to stay. Location was a bit hard to find, but then that's how it is off the freeways in Detroit area. Front desk was helpful in guiding us in by phone.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2014
Pat
"I LOVED THE BED!!!!"
I loved the bed. It made going home and sleeping in our bed horrible.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Bridges
"great"
Great hotel. great price and the service was exceptional
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Incredible hotel close to our points of interests"
We were welcomed warmly by the concierge. The room was impeccable! The breakfast served the next morning was stocked and delicious. The dining room was clean and the employees were very accommodating. We will return there every time we are in the area and have recommended this hotel to our close friends and family.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
April
"Mostly Good"
We were told upon our arrival that our room didn't include breakfast only to find out when I looked at my receipt that it did. by then we had checked out-my mistake. Rooms were comfortable but after the first day, we never had coffee or any cups in our room. We were also told that we could not get credit for our Marriott rewards since we booked through Expedia-I will follow up on that. Staff were very pleasant, wanting to please. otherwise.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Robin
Staff was wonderful and accommodating. Neat rooms.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Audrey
"Marriott in Southfield"
The Marriott hotel in Southfield, MI was very accommodating during our stay when my grandmother passed away. I have stayed at the Marriott in Southfield, MI a few times prior and the service was really great.
8 night business trip Dec 21, 2013
Dr. T
"Very nice hotel. Staff was extremely friendly."
We enjoyed our time at the hotel. The bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"very good servise"
stayed in this hotel before
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Nice hotel, nice staff, very clean. The pool is clean and the gym is nice.
4 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
"Excellent Service!"
Another stay for us at this hotel and the service continues to be excellent, from front desk through housekeeping.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013